June 2017 Moms
Options

PUPPPs Anyone?

shmarplershmarpler member
edited March 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Turns out I may have PUPPPs, and I wondered if anyone else may have it as well. When I thought it was just dry skin, I tried coconut oil, and my usual belly butter but they didn't help the itch much. Has anyone found a good lotion that helps?
Married 8/29/09
MC: 9/14
Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
MC: 9/16
Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17

Re: PUPPPs Anyone?

• Options
    I had pupps my first pregnancy, it was hell and I'm so sorry you're dealing with it! If I remember correctly my ob had me on a medication and told me only oils and to stay away from lotions. It was miserable. 
  • Options
    @keniialise, Oh, yuck. I was hoping it might subside a bit, but from what I've read it will be here to stay until the baby comes. Did yours spread rapidly? So far, it's just the sides of my stomach that itch.
    Married 8/29/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was anywhere that my stretch marks were, or were about to pop up. I went my whole pregnancy without any and then just like that three weeks before delivery my stretch marks and pupps showed up. 
  • Options
    ugh so sorry! I had that with my first pregnancy and it was awful. I found coconut oil to help or just keeping a cool rag on my stomach 
  • Options
    (Lurker here) 
    I had it with my son and I'm so sorry you have to deal with it! I had it on my entire body except for my face and it came on at about 31 weeks for me. 
    Nothing I tried worked, but some women did have success so I wanted to chime in and give you a list just in case. I tried cortisone cream (OTC and a Rx), steroid cream prescribed by my dr, benedryl, a stronger antihistamine/sleeping pill to assist in getting sleep, cool oatmeal baths (in November and December, fun. Lol), grandpas pine tar soap, eucerin, baby lotion, salves from a self proclaimed "hippie farmer". And honestly the only thing that helped was cool baths (which only helped during the bath, not after), and delivery. Mine cleared up a few weeks after I had my son. I hope you find relief somehow! It is absolute torture. Hugs! 
    Married 3/22/14
    BFP #1: 4/7/14, Chemical Pg 4/16/14 @ 5w3d

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. My midwife strongly encouraged me to start taking a two of three different supplements, and within a few days of starting  just the dandelion capsules, the itching is almost completely gone! Eucerin has also been really helpful for when the itch does return.
    Married 8/29/09