Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

Re: IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

• Loading the player...
  • leekat14leekat14 member
    edited March 2017
    @KristoKekerooni when do you take the clomid? I take it before bed, I'm still tired all day but not too terrible.

@wabash15 Your BD efforts exhaust me! How do you do it?!?!
  • @Marley629 yay for your embryos! FX for great PGS results.

@zwink1 I don't have an answer to your endo question, but am curious myself to see if others have answers for you. Best of luck tomorrow discussing your next steps!
  • @zwink1 I have had my second laproscopy in 4 years. Not sure if it was really doing anything to prevent pregnancy but my doc wanted us to try for a few months longer after the surgery before we did any medications.
  • @LadyMillil Fx for you!!! I hope you get on the list!
  • @TravelingCouple  I'm so sorry you have such a hard time dealing with all this nonsense. Wish I could tell you the magic words to make you feel better, but I have no magc words.. :( I can only give you creepy internet hug and tell you there we are here for you. Seeing a therapist is a good idea, I've been thinking about it myself. It is tough to deal with this rollercoaster, and our Hs may be as sweet as they are supporting us, they can't be the only outlet. So you go girl, find the help you need, and also: GL on the medicated cycle :)<3 

@JuneRoseRuby @hartmich  @vintageandrea90  I am soooo there with you on having hard time handling all the pregnant/baby people around me. And of yourse when I had to wait at the RE's waiting room for 40 minutes I was surrounded by pregnant ladies, cute tiny little babies, even cuter bigger babies and insanely cute babies on HUGE posters on the wall. I was like "are you f....ing kidding me..??" It sounds rediculous afterwards but I was seriously struck by it at the moment. I hate to say it, but I have a hard time dealing with my brothers's 1,5 yo kid, because she is just too cute, my heart breaks sometimes. I've never been a bitter person before, but fighting hard to find myself again.

@wabash15  sorry for your signs being all over this cycle. But hey, respect for the HIO pattern! You, girl, rock ;) 

@antoto  Good, that you were able to set your IVF for a time that works for you. I'm rooting for you :)

Diagnosis (If you've been): unexplained

Cycle/CD: like..19? I don't even know anymore. CD13

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) We've seen an RE finally last week. We've done most of the tests already (everything seems absolutely normal, except the fact thet we haven't been able to concieve in like 19 months..And my TSH won't go down.), only thing left was a HSG. Well our new RE did not waste a sec, scheduled my HSG for this monday, so I'm already done with it. Thank God, the results are good :) but oh boy it hurt soo much so sudden. Gosh.
    I still have to have an insulin resistance test done, and also check with my endo to try to temper more with my TSH levels. But after that we go back for a consult with my RE at the end of March, and girls, it seems we are having IUI next cycle :) (or at least I hope it's gonna be next cycle with no waiting).

How are things going? I'm scared, and anxious but after such a long time of darkness, I finally have some hope and it is giving me life, joy and strenght - while in the same time it is scaring me half dead, couse what if that won't work..? What if that hope will be stripped away..? I know I have to shut down these thoughts, and I am managing to do that most of the time.
    One more good thing: I really like our RE! It's like he is saying and doing thing exacly like it's good for me, for us. (He has a sense of humour that works for us well, he is approaching the problem in a manner professionally that I like)

Any questions? Not at the moment

GTKY: March Madness inspired - do you participate in March Madness brackets? If not, do you have a favorite sport to watch?  No to the brackets. And I love watching football and of yourse the Crossfit Games :)<3 
    Me: 33, DH: 38
    Married: May 2015
    TTC since September 2015
  • @JuneRoseRuby I forgot to answer your question about Hs and clomid. Mine hasn't felt any difference emotionally. He has gained some weight, which we're pretty sure is related to the clomid since it's a known side effect and his diet/exercise haven't changed.
  • @Anna_1021 thanks girl :) I'm excited for you on your IUI and so glad you like your RE!
  • @bpietronicco welcome! I hope this cycle goes better for your
    @madspunk your welcome here any time!
    @zwink1 GL with DH's repeat SA . sorry I'm no help for the lap question but I think the other ladies gave you some good info
    @leekat14 GL with this cycle! (lot and lots of persistence!)
    @LadyMillil fx you'll have good news on friday!
    @Anna_1021 I think what your feeling is totally normal. GL with your medicated cycle!
    @safire3 you are welcome in this thread any time.  The IF ladies are very nice too, there is not so much board organization there but your more than welcome to just jump in! I'm so sorry for DH's diagnosis. as for your AMH that number is fairly low and will likely affect things too. (sorry for that.) hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @anna_1021 I'm so glad you're feeling better about moving forward! GL.

@safire3 I know what you mean about the IF board, I feel like I don't quite belong there until we actually start doing some treatments. I've found this thread very helpful as we go through testing and wade through all the options, and I hope you find the same! I'm sorry you have gotten bad news lately and I hope you can find peace and determine your next steps!

@laurad75 I'm not sure what that means regarding your estrogen but UGH for any sort of delay. Haven't you waited enough!? Stupid bodies. 

• @safire3 I'm sorry you received bad news and that you find yourself here, but welcome.

Thank you ladies for the info! @KristoKekerooni, I had not heard that about the stims, interesting - see, this is the stuff I was worried about missing.  @adirat (good to see you!) you pretty much verified my thoughts based on the info I had, which is definitely helpful. Unless/until we can get H's numbers bumped, our odds of conceiving naturally are low, so I wasn't seeing the value of doing the lap from that perspective. No uterine issues popped up on the HSG, so the cost to benefit ratio seems low on the IVF front.

I guess we'll see where we're at in a couple hours here. Thanks again for the support ladies!
  • @zwink1 Here's a study (note the small sample size) showing no impact for IVF: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2654927/ 

Here's another that finds the success rates of IVF outweigh any possible impact from surgery: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3455841/

I suspect these are the studies @KristoKekerooni was referring to showing the need for greater stimulation/risk of fewer eggs. That link is real. Note though that there were no differences in pregnancy outcomes (yay): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3759500/ 
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4150142/

From my read of the literature, the impact of stages of endometriosis is not well understood (in other words, Stage 1 is not always more fertile than Stage 4; the relationship between stage and fertility is really complicated). So this may also be something to discuss with your RE from your clinic's experience with endo and IVF given the types of protocols they do.

Good luck my friend <3

• lurking... @safire3 - sorry to hear about the azoospermia and the diminished ovarian reserve.  Those are some tough diagnoses to process.  I hope the urologist has some good explanations and plans for you!  I know there are some crazy fancy things they can do now (like TESA and MESA) where they actually biopsy sperm right out of the testicle. Please do not give up hope yet!  As for the AMH, that is definitely low, for your age of 34.

Here's a chart I like on AMH, it breaks it down by age categories:

Think of it like a bell curve, so less than 5th percentile is on the low end for sure.  Again, many women with DOR do get pregnant with IVF so please stay hopeful =)

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • @JuneRoseRuby Yeah, the weight gain has really been annoying him--although not enough to fully propel him to the gym, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'm sorry your H is getting it, too. I think it's very common, but I hear it'll come off once he's off the clomid. FX!
  • @safire3 Sorry to hear about the azoospermia and that you've found yourself here, but glad to see you already receiving useful information here. I'm quite new on this thread too, so just wanted to assure you, I also feel like a newbie again. :) But still here, lurking, reading up on things so hopefully soon I'll feel like a useful participant here ;) So I'm there with you on that feeling, and the amazing ladies here surely can help you with useful info. Hang in there.
    Me: 33, DH: 38
    Married: May 2015
    TTC since September 2015
  • Diagnosis (If you've been): Unexplained IF

Cycle/CD: 1st IUI CD 7

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Just finished Femur last night. I have been taking at night because I am very sensitive to medications so I wanted to be able to sleep through the nausea. Start Ultrasounds and blood work monitoring 3/22. At some point a Ovidrel trigger shot. 

How are things going? Femara and stress have made me an emotional train wreck. Crying at nothing at all. (ex. watching a CUTE video on kids explaining how to use their own epi-pens. I am training at a new nurse job) Also feels like EVERYONE on FB is expecting or delivering these days worse than ever. WTH! As a fun bonus, I also have a painful ovarian cyst hanging out on my right ovary. Its small and I was asymptomatic until 3 days ago, so wondering if the Femara is just making it worse. Fertility Clinic said to call back if the pain gets so bad I can't move or if I start throwing up.  :/

Any questions? How does your clinic do monitoring? Mine does blood work, sperm collection, and ultrasounds only very early in the morning. 6:30am-7:30am. DH keeps complaining that that is stupid and frustrating. From what little I could find, that seems pretty standard for our area. Rural area but 30-60mins from medium/large cities. 

CLARIFICATION - I did want to take a second to answer some questions people had a few weeks ago, sorry, I ghosted  :(  The fertility MD thinks IUI won't work in our case because DH's sperm is so awesome that we would have gotten pregnant by now and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my cervix. She said my eggs and his sperm "don't talk well" so nothing but manually fertilizing the eggs (IVF) will work for us. She hopes she is wrong, but she didn't want to tell us we have a good chance at IUI and have us get disappointed. My insurance does cover IUIs (with a hefty hefty co-pay) and also covers IVF (also with a LARGE co-pay, but only AFTER 3 failed IUI attempts). So IUIs are just a frustrating hoop to jump through. I hope I explained that a little better last time, and I will try harder to participate more in the bump community now that orientation is finished :) 

GTKY: March Madness inspired - do you participate in March Madness brackets? If not, do you have a favorite sport to watch? I love to play sports, but not watch sports. 
    Me: 28  DH:33
    Dating: Sept 2009
    Married: April 2014
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

Living on a little farm!  :)
  • @TravelingCouple - Good luck to you! Im only a day ahead of you on the same treatment regimen! Just finished my Letrazole yesterday. I am also feeling VERY emotional lately. I was thinking of seeing a therapist as well. DH is great 99%, but that 1% of the time when I'm falling apart, he doesn't have the skills to help me the way a therapist would. I'd like to try to find one we could go to together for some of the time. 
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• BababattyBababatty member
    edited March 2017
    @GiddyUp82 My clinic does monitoring at about 7:30ish. I don't know how long they're willing to do it in the mornings because I always show up right on time. I love it. I'd be pissed if I had to use sick time at work for my monitoring. Now I make it to work on time and my colleagues are none the wiser. Why does your H hate it so much?
  • @giddyup82 The two RE clinics (west coast and midwest) that I have gone to will do US, blood work and collection pretty much any time... As frustrating as having a limited window is at least its before work.  GL with this cycle.  As someone who has unexplained IF and all our stuff looks great, TW**  we have never gotten KTFU with out IUI end TW** So I don't know that IUI is a waste of your time. Could your chances be less than with IVF sure it always is but sometimes if your subfertile a little help is all you need. It is also not uncommon to need 2-3 cycles of IUI to get KTFU. GL this cycle.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @bababatty - I work at 10am, so the mornings are great for me for testing. DH works overnights till 7am and he is about 30mins from the clinic. So its always a stressful rush to make it there on time, since they stop at 7:30. All IUIs are done in another clinic location (50 mins away) and at noon. The MD said people come over on their lunch break but I don't get a 2.5hr lunch break... so.... yeah. I work as a nurse, so I can't really disappear for 2.5-3 hrs. Luckily this cycle a co-worker was able to trade days to earlier in the week so I can have a pretty open window. 
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• @wabash15 - Thank you for the encouragement. I think mentally for me, its easier to expect them not to work. Obviously, there is a part of me that hopes it does! I've also told what close friends and family know, that it is expected for them to not work. That way I am not disappointing everyone else too. 

Can I also take a second to vent. I barely can remember the schedule, meds, testing times on what days, etc... but trying to explain to family/friends that you are a slave to your ovaries and fertility clinic is so frustrating! They don't get the time sensitivity of it, at all! end of rant...
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• @GiddyUp82 Ah yes I see how that would be very stressful for him. Is 6:30-7:30 when they do the sperm collections for the IUIs? Or does he come with you for all your monitoring? Can your clinic work with him to extend their time? Ours let us come in a little earlier for an IUI because DH had a work conflict. For the IUIs (which my clinic does in the mornings) I do take sick time because they do take so long. You're right that taking 2.5 hours a lunch would be seen as ridiculous.
  • @Bababatty - they does said "Mornings" for IUI sperm collection, and its at the further clinic from DH and my jobs. But its a bigger clinic location so I am hoping that its a little more accommodating. 
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• Decided to be an adult and just call to clarify. I hate bothering people! They have DH come an hour before the IUI, so for his schedule that will work great! 
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• @GiddyUp82 people who have not had to go through IF and treatments have no idea what its like.  Trying to plan your life around when you need your ultrasounds, meds etc. It is frustrating. creepy internet hugs 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Sorry I have been gone for a few days! I had my monitoring today and the tech said they saw a follicle growing on the Left side!! There were also 2 on the right but based on my shg my right tube is still blocked. I am waiting to hear from the nurse this afternoon for blood work results! Fingers crossed that the left will continue to grow and we will be able to have our second IUI next week! @GiddyUp82 the center near me has monitoring from 6:30-9am - it's perfect so I can go before my DH has to go to work. For our IUI they actually let my husband provide his sample at home and I just brought it with me!
  • @bpietronicco - no idea on the actual statistics, but I have one blocked tube and my doctor said as long as you have one good tube, your odds of convincing are just as high as someone with two. She said the good tube can get the egg from the other side. I have done no additional research into that. Just what she told me. 
    NTNP/TTC Since Dec 2015

• @GiddyUp82 I have never heard of the good tube getting the egg from the other side and I'm surprised that a doctor would say that. The open end of each tube is on opposite sides in the pelvis so it would be hard for the good tube to get that egg. I mean I will have to research that myself but that does not sound right. 

Also all the best with your IUI. FX that this actually works and you don't have to go through IVF!