August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/13

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/13

• Thanks, @JWatt5.  I wish I didn't stress over everything.  I know the chances of there being an issue are extremely small.  We were just so shocked I think we are still processing.  

Baby was still asleep this morning and rolled when I did, so hoping next time goes smoothly. At least it's an excuse to see the little nugget again.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 a lot of the scans can have trouble picking up heart images. I have a congenital heart defect, next week is my A/S and my doctor has already had me schedule a fetal echo at the hospital I will deliver in. She said the normal scan can be hard to get all the images as clearly as they want, esp. in my case. So, it isn't out of the norm.
    I am glad your doctor is talking through everything and taking the time to get all the images etc. It is a nerve-wracking type of wait for sure-sending you good positive vibes!!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @smallbutmighty77,
    Positive vibes appreciated.  Thanks for the reassurance.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    I've been feeling really weird lately. Weird enough to start monitoring my blood pressure as my feet and hands feel like they're swelling a lot as well.

Pounding, racing heart randomly which freaks me out which then makes everything worse. When that happens, I can feel the pounding in my uterus. Super weird. I expected to get high readings but instead, I got low ones..in the 90's and 60's..but pulse was pretty high near 120. That was surprising. Called the nurse and she said low BP is normal at this point and suggested it's related to a drop/spike in sugar or dehydration,  so I'm drinking more water and testing in the morning to see if my glucose readings are normal or not.

Anyone else getting the weird pounding, racing heart?
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @Vamason89 -- I'm way more emotional with my girl than I was with my son.
  • @LSP87 I do but I relate that to anxiety. If I'm anxious about something, I notice it. Also at work when it's chaotic (working on an acute psych unit while pregnant puts me into danger mode when there's assaultive and threatening patients) 
    Def drink more water. So many times at work, a patient has a low reading, we have them chug 28oz and their bp is normal again. 
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @brookedeyo -- Thank you! I did better later in the day after being mindful to drink more water, eat more protein and focus on something calming when my heart felt like it was pounding.  I hope you stay safe at work! It's an important job but definitely not an easy one.
  • My left side feels like I pulled a muscle right across my belly. I'm guessing it is because I am stretching out more, but it came out of nowhere! Also, the acid feeling-I don't eat very acidic foods, not much tomato based etc, but I am pretty sure I could drink a gallon of milk and still have this feeling. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @littlebeansma,

Stinks, I know.  Just think of it as "sleep training" for the new one.  Then maybe the change won't be so brutal.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Lauradi1010 hahah yea that is true.. preparation! 
  • @littlebeansma

My sympathies because I know it really sucks. I don't know if it's related to my anxiety or just a symptom, but lately I'm experiencing the same thing. Early morning my eyes pop open no matter how late I was up. And I'm usually up pretty late because I can be exhausted but unable to fall asleep. 

Im trying to enjoy my last few months of sleep freedom here, body! Get with the program!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 yesss! At first I totally thought it was anxiety but then I was like maybe this is just a symptom...whatever it is, I agree. Get with the program! Haha 
    Also I totally start hating on SO because he sleeps like a log and I'm just laying there side eyeing him 
  • Suffering from a stomach bug all afternoon and evening... any tips on food or drinks that will help?  So far I've been able to keep down some gatorade and saltines.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    @kristenk727 booo to the stomach bug. The old brat diet helped mine. Bananna, rice, applesauce, toast along with broth. I didn't have it while I was pregnant though so I'm not sure if that's nutritionally sufficient.
  • I've been up the past 4 hours (it's 630am here) with crippling hand numbness and pain. I've had it randomly the past month or so but it was generally quick to go away; this morning I can't get rid of it other than to get up and walk around. 

On on the plus side, I've had lots of catching up to do on here, so at least I have entertainment  :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Who else has a couple drops of urine drop out in undies once walking around after peeing? Ugh. 
  • Who else has a couple drops of urine drop out in undies once walking around after peeing? Ugh. 
     :# meee 

And a few drops when I sneeze... or cough... or laugh too hard.  :(

Pregnancy Ticker