August 2017 Moms

STM+ 3/17

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion???

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? 

Re: STM+ 3/17

• How many other children do you have? 
    DS-5 DD- 18 months

How far along are you?
    20w1d

lots of pubic and RL pain when I go from sitting to standing. I never had that with my first but I did with my second. 

I had a prenatal massage. Heavenly. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Going to see Beauty and the Beast today with the hubs. I'm so excited to see it and it's always nice to go out alone with him. 

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion???
    Veggies for sure. They have been my number one.  Number two would be French fries!!! 
    Meat has been hit or miss. Sometimes I can eat it and sometimes I just don't want it. 

A personal assistant for the day to help me get stuff done! 
  • How many other children do you have? 1 DS will be 21 months next Wednesday.  

How far along are you? 19 weeks today 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? My boobs hurt. I'm itchy. My lower back, hips,  and legs hurt. 

Any appointments this week? I went Wednesday. Heart rate was 141 on the Doppler. Little one was wiggling away from the Doppler. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm tired of the cold. It had gotten warm and then dropped back down this week. My sinuses are all dry from the heat running all the time. 

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion??? Reeses eggs. I haven't had any true aversions, but I either think eggs sound great or disgusting. No in between 

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? Hmmm, someone to deep clean our house,  get my hair done,  mani/pedi. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How many other children do you have? DS will be 2 in May.

How far along are you? 18w6d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?  Everything aches. I feel like a fat blob. Tired all the time.  Where's the second trimester glow this time???

Any appointments this week? None

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm also over the cold weather.  Two weeks ago it was 70 degrees, and yesterday's high was only like 27.  Another rant:  2 year molars absolutely are the worst.  DS has been a freakin' nightmare the past few days.  

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion???  Cravings: veggies and greek yogurt.  Aversions: The thought of eggs is nauseating.

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy?  New clothes and shoes.

Pregnancy Ticker

• How many other children do you have? DD is 7 months old today :)

How far along are you? 17w2d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? constipation at its finest I also had it last year when I was pregnant and I have tried everything but nothing helps :(

Any appointments this week? none

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am tired of the weather we had snow at the beginning of the week and now it's all melted and is warming up again for the weekend and will be cold again next week talk about sick weather

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion??? My aversion would be smelling things a mile away. Cravings not really much I have to have a list of foods to see what I will eat and force myself too. I want fried plantains though

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? I would go shopping and go to the spa to relax for a few hours :)
  • How many other children do you have? 1 (DD will be 3 in June)

How far along are you? 20 wks, 1 day

Breaking out like crazy!  Didn't have this with DD. 

Monday is my A/S

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    DD has been napping in her panties and waking up dry!  Yay!  Just nighttime to tackle but she still pees a ton at night. 

Craving: Sweet coffee flavored stuff (especially ice cream). 
    Aversion: Digiorno Pizza. Specifically that brand. I had a nauseous moment during the 1st tri with one and haven't been able to look at one since. 

Nice jewelry to honor my children and motherhood. I hope to get something after this LO is born. Been thinking of something to go with my own birthstone ring.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @kristenk727 I hated the 2 year molars.  DS didn't have problems with any of his other teeth but those were a nightmare.  

How many other children do you have? DS who is 3

How far along are you?
    18+6

Just more tired.

My big anatomy scan is on Monday we already know it is a girl and all my tests have come back normal, so it should be a low key appointment.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I finally felt what I am sure were baby kicks on Wednesday.  

Craving: Fresh veggies and red meat, but any protein will do.
    Aversions:  The only consistent ones are alcohol and onions.

I have really boring stuff.  My tablet is 4 years old and becoming obsolete, it won't run a lot of apps now.  I lost my Kindle and while I am at it a new laptop would be nice.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmow many other children do you have? 
    DS is 2.

How far along are you?
    19 + 2

Sciatic/hip pain, eating everything, lack of energy.  Gaining weight rapidly.  Wasn't so terrible my first pregnancy.  That would explain the pains.

Any appointments this week? Had my A/S & OB appointment.  They did not go as planned.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Trying not to freak, but at our OB appt we were informed that they couldn't find/ get baby's left ventricular outflow tract in the A/S that morning. As a result we have to go back for another scan on the baby's heart.  Now DH and I are terribly worried.  I hate having to wait 3 more weeks to know if there is an issue.  

Also diagnosed with placenta previa and while I don't have a ton of restrictions for now OB has nixed all our travel plans until 32 weeks when we recheck.  

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion???  Roasted asparagus/ avocado & lime/ carbs.  I seriously need to remove carbs from my diet.  As the blump has gotten huge.  Aversions--meat & random veggies.

I would buy end tables, TV stand and new lights for the living room.  Possibly a new chair if there were funds left.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    One DD (2.5 yo)

How far along are you?
    17w1d

Diclectin at night keeps my m/s at bay, but I overall just feel blah and tired. I wish I had a bit more energy. My first pregnancy I was sick constantly and had very specific food aversions. This time, I'm not averse to much but I definitely don't crave anything, which makes choosing meals pretty hard because everything just sounds "meh". Then, after I eat, some things make me feel like garbage (sugar) and some things help tide my nausea over (protein).

Next week!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm tired of being tired. It makes caring for DD a bit harder, even though I think I hide it pretty well. DH is amazing, and very helpful, but I can tell he gets frustrated sometimes with how much falls on him when I'm unable to function well. I don't blame him. I'd get super mad if he sat around while I did everything, but I'm grateful he understands.

I guess I already answered this, lol. No cravings. I think once I had DH go get me salt and vinegar chips at the store, but that was it and I haven't had anything crazy since. No real aversions; non-pregnant me is a sweets-hog but I can live without them lately. I can't live without eggs. Eggs save me on a regular basis.

Investments or a weekend getaway with DH and DD! I want and need nothing physical right now. 
  • @Lauradi1010 - I hope all is okay. I can only imagine how tedious the next three weeks feel/look, but you have DS to keep you preoccupied, so hopefully they fly by. T&Ps!

1 - 10 month old daughter

How far along are you?
    18 weeks today!

Definitely only want salty foods, versus everything sweet last time. I feel pretty much the same as my last pregnancy.

Not for another 2 weeks - AS

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Salty crackers and wings. No real aversions, which has been nice.

We just got our tax return, so we are buying a king size bed. I feel like we have arrived.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited March 2017
    @Kristenk727,

I hate 2 year molars as well.  DS has been waking up screaming at night.  Only bottom ones are up/coming through and still have the top.  DS has been a crazy monkey and is climbing everything.  Ready to lose it and we just got nap time.  

I also feel you on the missing glow and fat blob part.  I've food sabotaged myself.  Need it to warm up so I can get in time walking/ swimming in.

@HappyToBeHere,
     Sorry you've still got Ms, that must suck.  Hoping it fades eventually.

@bumpybump, now I am craving coffee ice cream.  We have two great artisan places near my house, but I am too lazy/ cold to run and get myself a cone.

Pregnancy Ticker

• How many other children do you have? A two yr old DD 

How far along are you? 19 weeks today 

Newest thing is I'm a lot more sore, all over this time. Probably because I chase a toddler around all day and last time I had a desk job. More headaches this go around as well. 

Any appointments this week? I had my 18 wk check up on Tuesday, heard the heartbeat and had nun Quad screening blood work- nearly passed out because they had trouble getting a vein...that was a fun experience
  • @Lauradi1010 hugs momma!  I hope these next few weeks pass quickly for you and that the next scans show positive results. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How many other children do you have? Three - 10, 5 & 18mos 

How far along are you? 15 +5 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? I'm struggling with morning sickness, nausea, and food aversions daily. I've never had this much m/s with my previous pregnancies. 

Any appointments this week? Next Friday. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?  

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy? What about aversion?
    I crave carbs & fruit. Meat & eggs are hit or miss. 

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? I'd pay someone to deep clean my house, have a massage, get my hair & nails done, and go to Target with the rest (where I would end up buying stuff for the kids instead of myself as per usual). 
  • @morgy_bee  So jelly over the massage and Beauty & the Beast! Have fun, mama. 

Four: DD 19, DS 18, DD 13, & DD 9.5

How far along are you?
    18 weeks tomorrow  :)

Hunger increasing, poor sleep quality, definitely feeling the weight of my uterus. Still have to pee all the time.

Just saw my midwife this past Monday. 
    Anatomy scan April 3rd.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Love feeling baby girl move!

I don't really have any intense cravings, but I do really enjoy cottage cheese and cantaloupe. It's my every day breakfast or snack. I also eat a lot of cherry heirloom tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers. 

I would but myself some maternity clothes. We've been hurting financially the past couple of months which is really taking a toll on my stress level and my sense of self worth. I would buy clothes and I would book a night or two away with my man. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jaclynnn89jaclynnn89 member
    edited March 2017
    Edit: because my phone does not always cooperate blah haha

How many other children do you have? DD.. she'll be a year on the 31st

How far along are you? 17+2

insomnia, tired, so thirsty!

Any appointments this week? No.. a week & a half until we find out if we're team blue or pink though! :)

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    my MIL. Ugh. She just oversteps constantly, and always has. She's also outspoken to the point of being hurtful but in her eyes she's just being "helpful" and her opinion is the only truth (eye roll) I feel like no matter how many boundaries I establish, it's still a constant battle. I just wish she would back off a little because I don't want to be rude, but alas..... I'm stuck with her. Bright side: she LOVES my LO and spoils her even if we don't always get along

water! Nothing else seems to quench my thirst the same.. and Taco Bell. Always, always Taco Bell. (There is no Taco Bell in Australia and it's devastating)

i would go to the hair dresser & get all the bells and whistles...and a really good breast pump for this time around!
    One, my daughter will be 12 in two months.

How far along are you?
    18 weeks on Monday   

I'm not able to sleep as well as I use to...I'm such a light sleeper now. Heartburn has lessened a bit...still have the annoying ringing in my right ear. I really don't remember any symptoms from my 1st pregnancy...my memory is trash and that was so long ago. 

No....but so looking forward to my anatomy scan April 3rd.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Anticipating Spring/Summer weather like a kid anticipates a trip to Disney!

No serious cravings at the moment....really can no longer stand seafood. 

A spa treatment, some hair, clothes, and a night or two for me to go to a hotel alone w/jacuzzi, fake bubbly (Martinelli) and chocolate covered strawberries all for ME!
    1 four year old daughter
    How far along are you?
    18 weeks
    I'm just tired! I had awful heartburn with my dd but not this time. 
    Nope
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    We've had a really rough few weeks and I'm just over it. We need a few weeks of good!
    Pork roast is pretty much a no go these days. No real cravings yet.
    Clothes, new earrings and a spa day.
    8 year old and 4.5 year old boys.

How far along are you?
    16+6

Mostly just insomnia and itchy boobs, both of which are annoying.

Nothing this past week except a blood draw for AFP.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I hate having blood taken.  I have terrible veins and usually get stuck multiple times.  Even when I'm stuck once, they tend to move the needle around and it hurts a lot.  Then, I start to get sweaty and sometimes feel a little queasy or lightheaded.  I'm bruised for days from it too.  The woman who did my blood draw this week really bruised my arm.  So not looking forward to the glucose tests and I'm definitely going to a different location for them.

Definitely carbs in the first trimester.  Now, I have trouble resisting sweets that are in the house or office.  In the first trimester, there were certain things at night that I couldn't bear to smell and nothing seemed appealing except carbs.  I don't think I have any real aversions now.

I'd either splurge on a fancy bag or just buy lots of clothes from several different stores.  I love shopping.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited March 2017
    @Leni410 I had to laugh a little reading your check-in (sorry). When I was pregnant with my DD, I had a huge aversion to pork anything and no heartburn. This time I have major heartburn and can't eat enough pork. We are Team Green so no clue what the sex is. Do you know if you're having a girl or boy (I don't read the sex announcements since it makes Team Green more difficult for me)?

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @MetsGirl18 Sorry about your bloodwork experience. I had blood drawn this past week and had a similar experience.  I got so hot and sweaty and even lost hearing for a bit! It's no fun, sending good vibes that your glucose test goes better! 
  • I have a 3 year old. 

17 weeks

The exhaustion still hasn't lifted. Last.time the 2nd trimester was glorious. 

Anatomy Scan is Tuesday. 

@MetsGirl18 blood work is the worst for me. Tiny veins, although this office has been so much better about finding them the first time. There was only.one time the needle has to be removed and they had to get the baby butterfly and go down to my forearm. I always bruise. When I had my big blood draw (only one needle pricked but 10 vials) I could lift my arm for the rest of the day. 
    I've already had to take a glucose test. Then I have to take the regular. 
    This pregnany has got me on the radar for everything. So far when I retest I've gotten good news, but initially it's all been negative. I can't enjoy it like the first one. 

My craving is still fried rice and pasta. Give me all the rice and pasta

I'd get a hair cut and they take the family to disney. I really want a Disney trip.

• It's comforting to hear I'm not alone with the blood draws.  For the big first trimester one, this time I ended up lying down when I had the blood draw because I've gotten sick before from that one with my first pregnancy.  I was stuck twice, but they used a warming pad the second time and that at least helped get enough vials.

I've taken the 3 hour glucose with my other two kids and the first one was a particularly bad experience with needing to be stuck in really painful places by the third and fourth draws.  I always warn them about my veins when I get blood taken.  
  • @MetsGirl18

That sounds miserable.  Sorry your blood draws are awful.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MetsGirl18 It sounds like we have the same veins and the same nurses.  My veins are always hard but I have never had an office struggle with them as much as the one I am at now.  At one appointment the nurse looked for a vein in both arms twice (digging around) before calling someone else in.  I wanted to go somewhere else for my glucose screening but the only other place that did it was 40 min away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shyviolet That sounds awful.  Luckily, there are a lot of labs near me so I can at least try to avoid ones who are particularly bad.  I hope we both have better experiences from now on.
  •  First time posting in a while! 

How many other children do you have? 1. 4yr old boy.

How far along are you? 17w3d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Just really tired all the time. Don't remember being this tired with my first. 

Any appointments this week? Yes. Tomorrow! Regular check up and maybe an ultrasound. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope. None! 

What has been you biggest craving so far this pregnancy?? What about aversion??? Hot cheetos and Olive Garden. Aversion- ground beef. 

GTKY: If you had an extra $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy?  Whole new wardrobe and new hair color. 
    BabyFetus Ticker