August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 3/13

Re: Weekly Random 3/13

• @Lauradi1010 how about using an NA beer instead? I had an insane beer craving and had one of those, cured the craving without making me feel guilty. You'd still get the flavor from the beer without having to worry about the alcohol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited March 2017
    When I weigh myself at home, I'm totally fine with the increase (I'm actually excited to be in the next "decade" of pounds) but when I go to the doctor, it causes me so much anxiety. My appointment was moved from last week today and I was relieved because I spent the whole morning trying not to cry. It must be my former ED acting up. My therapist suggested I take a humorous approach, like take a pic of my scale at home and tell the nurse that there must be something wrong with their scale because look at this difference.  

*edit* It went fine today, and there was no difference between home and office. I hope that this relief carries on through my other appointments!
  • Loading the player...
  • @SouthernMama15 @mrsmatt1212
    thanks! Sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone. 
    I had to go off of my medicine because I wasn't on Zoloft. I was on Pristiq and it's not  considered safe past the first trimester. 
    Zoloft is always an option, but I have been on it in the past and it didn't work for me. It made me gain 30 lbs, and I still had all of my other symptoms so I'm pretty reluctant to give it another go, especially pregnant. 
  • @HappyToBeHere thanks!! I read they can do a swab test. I have my anatomy scan next week so if I don't call before then I'll definitely ask her about it (I go to a genetics office and see an actual doctor for me to ask). I was kinda wondering if it could be urine but I was thinking it might be too soon for that yet. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking too much into it lol BUT better safe than sorry. If it doesn't seem to change at all or ease up I'll call tomorrow. 
  • @dinofreak I'm 4lbs heavier at my appointments than at home. Initially I thought it was unfair but then I realized that my weight (+ or - 4lbs) is not that important. The important information for my midwife is how much I gained between appointments and that's a constant at home or at her office. 
  • @cmmiller531 - I just had the same discussion with a girl recently. The discharge is way more there than weeks before (I'm 18 weeks). I keep thinking it's a surprise period, but never is. I thought I was done with liners after the yucky progesterone but I need them right now! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @LivLew - For their purposes, apparently anytime after 20 weeks, baby is a bit too big so it is more difficult to clearly see the heart and brain. Before 18, too small/not developed as much for everything. My doctor said the 19th week was best, purely for their ability to see everything as clear as possible.

I just had a check-in at 17 weeks and scheduled my anatomy scan. DH and I both have crazy meetings during weeks 18 & 19 (all day training one week for him, all day planning the other week for me, taking the Friday/Monday off for a wedding between) so literally only one day worked for us. I was worried if that day didn't have availability, we'd have to do later than 20 weeks so I asked my OB - which is where I got the above info. I was so happy when they had an opening that Friday when I will be 19+4.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Ok here's a random. 

Anyone else naturally built a bit more narrow? I think I'm getting "birthing hips." I think I read somewhere that that can happen, but some of my pants are more difficult to shimmy up over my butt (to say nothing of the bump). I know I've been eating not great (damn sugar cravings!!) but I have been doing as much working out as I can manage. 

I know they say "pregnancy changes your body!" but damn, a whole wardrobe of new pants is ridic expensive. Gah. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 I am with you on feeling that my hips are getting bigger! It definitely feels like a change in structure (albeit minor) rather than weight gain. Unfortunately there is nothing to be done about it. Luckily, the pants (read: jeggings) I have been wearing during ~80% of this pregnancy are only about $12-15 at kohls in the junior section. So when I decide I've had enough shimmying it won't break the bank to get another pair or two that is easier to get on. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper how were your results invalid?
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • aehogan90 said:
    @PinkPrincessPiper how were your results invalid?
    They weren't able to get enough "fetal fraction" for the test. Meaning they weren't able to separate enough fetal blood from maternal blood to run the test. I'm doing the QUAD testing next week. I'm pretty sure it involves an ultrasound, so I'm hoping they can also determine sex. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper,

Sorry you have to redo/ get a different test.  Didn't know that could happen.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy grail of pregnancy safe cold remedies!! 1/4t of cayenne, 1/4t of ginger  (or fresh ginger root), 2T raw honey (yes, it's safe, I triple checked with 2 doctors and a nurse), 3T ACV, 3T ACV, hot water. Stir and glug away. First sip is intense, the rest goes down easy. Keep stirring to prevent the cayenne sinking to the bottom. 
  • Pregnancy hips is a real thing and unfortunately mine never went away so I didn't and have never been able to again fit into the pants I had pre-pregnancy! Yay for new pants, but no more size zero ever again! but I was able to fit into the pants I bought before I got pregnant with my second!
  • homemakermamahomemakermama member
    edited March 2017
    LivLew said:
    @homemakermama thank you for your input! I'm also team green so not worried about finding out the sex. All my anxiety is for the results regarding the baby's health. I have a prenatal appointment on Wednesday so I'll ask then. I'll be on vacatiion the week I turn 20wks so my A/S Will have to be before or after. I just feel like the A/S is a huge milestone. 
    That's how I feel too, anxiousabout baby just being healthy and growing on track! 

@mrsmatt1212 for me I see a midwife group in a hospital and they are connected to a MFM who dose their anatomy scans and what not. I switched to them durring my last pregnancy, and with my DS durring the scan the tech didn't say anything. But the Doctor in the practice came in after he looked at the scan the tech did, and looked at some things I guess the tech didn't get quite how he wanted. And right there he told us that everything looked good. With my second the dr there came in and told us it was good to after he looked at the scan (almost an hour after we where done too I should add that was awful). But with my first the Dr that I was with sent us to a place that the tech did their thing and didn't say much to us at all, and we didn't learn baby was healthy until our next visit witch was two weeks after. 
    Keep in mind that if there is a major concern I'm sure your doctor will contact you if you have a while until your next appointment from your A/S.  Sorry for the rambling. I guess what I am getting at is that all practices are different. 

ETA with my second I should say we waiting in the scan room and it was "awful" because DD was 1 and super grumpy and hungry and wanted to play with all the equipment. Thinking about it now DH should have taken her out and got her snack and came back for me haha. Not sure why we didn't do that. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• @kvh22 I actually never knew that! (Even after three kids already haha) Thanks for the good info!

• kvh22kvh22 member
    @homemakermama - Yea, only reason I got that info is because I asked since our work schedules are both totally nuts those 2 weeks. If not, my doctor wouldn't have shared that info, I'm sure. I just figured you'd want it to be anytime after 18 weeks. Didn't realize the upper limit would be important, too.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• FYI I just saw a recall on Walmart pizza market side brand for containing listeria bacterium and already killing 2 people. Lots of states affected - California, Colorado, Nevada, Washington state, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska and Hawaii. 

• There is a bird trapped in my fireplace.  I don't have the time or energy to deal with this today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shyviolet I know it's not funny, but I totally laughed when I read your post. Sh*t like this always happens when you have a million things going on and just can't take anything else....cue bird flying into chimney. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You what is actually rude, it's when anyone askes "Dont you know where babies come from?" Or something to that affect. I hate it and if I get that comment again I'm going to walk away for the person who says it to keep myself from throat punching them. It isn't funny or appropriate. I actually find it disturbing especially when it comes from older men. Like why would someonethink it's ok to ask that. And if FIL says it to me I'm gonna lose it on him, and I will make sure he knows it isn't ok. I can't just grin and bear it this time around. 

• @homemakermama EW seriously?? I can't believe people actually say that. My favorite was how many times we got asked "Was it planned??".

Pregnancy Ticker
  • secicc12 said:
    @homemakermama EW seriously?? I can't believe people actually say that. My favorite was how many times we got asked "Was it planned??".
    I know it is completely ridiculous and just grosses me out. I have had that same comment a handful of times too. I just can't even with that. 

• secicc12 said:
    @homemakermama EW seriously?? I can't believe people actually say that. My favorite was how many times we got asked "Was it planned??".
    I know it is completely ridiculous and just grosses me out. I have had that same comment a handful of times too. I just can't even with that. 
    I met one of my neighbors for the first time at a block party. He's totally drunk and standing with his very lovely, and 8 months pregnant wife, and volunteers the information that the pregnancy wasn't planned. 
    Awkward. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 that sounds exciting. If it makes you feel any better, DH and I are 99% sure that our neighbors are swingers.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited March 2017
    @homemakermama @secicc12 - I hate those comments, I get extra pissed having had fertility treatments. "Was it planned?" is terrible - none of your business. It's happening and I'm happy about it.
    I've been asked - "are you sure it's DH's??" I know they are joking but not funny, not at all. Once, just once on a bad day, I answered with "I hope so but since he wasn't there when it all happened so guess we'll find out." (he couldn't come to the IUI procedure that day, had to go myself with his "stuff" in the cup in my bra). It was the second or third time someone said that that day and I was done with it. 

edited to say DH "couldn't" not could - argh.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• JWatt5 said:
    @homemakermama @secicc12 - I hate those comments, I get extra pissed having had fertility treatments. "Was it planned?" is terrible - none of your business. It's happening and I'm happy about it.
    I've been asked - "are you sure it's DH's??" I know they are joking but not funny, not at all. Once, just once on a bad day, I answered with "I hope so but since he wasn't there when it all happened so guess we'll find out." (he could come to the IUI procedure that day, had to go myself with his "stuff" in the cup in my bra). It was the second or third time someone said that that day and I was done with it. 
    People can be so completely insensitive thinking their being funny. It's ridiculous. I would pay to see the look on their faces when you told them you where sure though! They deserve to feel uncomfortable after making a comment like that. 

• @homemakermama @secicc12 @JWatt5 I was asked the other day if it was planned, and why I would want to lose my figure.
    Um?!?! Excuse me?! I didn't think I was losing my figure, more like I was gaining a child, but thanks?! Like, was I supposed to hand the being pregnant part off to someone else just to maintain my figure? Because I have friends who are not able to carry their children and it is heartbreaking for them, so NO I have no issue with my figure changing since it means I am lucky enough to be able to carry my child. 
    I almost hit the girl-yes, girl.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @homemakermama - they definitely weren't too sure what to say other than "I don't get it". haha NOT explaining it.
    @smallbutmighty77 -  I dont even know what to say to that...I think I would be stunned in to silence. 

TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I volunteer regularly that this kid wasn't planned. Because we're neither married nor engaged, and anyone who knows me knows I'd vastly prefer a child in wedlock, it's pretty clearly an oops. In a small town that has an intense interest in babies, I'd rather cut down on speculative gossip and make it a non-issue.

but I'd shoot daggers at anyone that outright asked, because you guys are right - it's rude!
  • @homemakermama @secicc12 @JWatt5 I was asked the other day if it was planned, and why I would want to lose my figure.
    Um?!?! Excuse me?! I didn't think I was losing my figure, more like I was gaining a child, but thanks?! Like, was I supposed to hand the being pregnant part off to someone else just to maintain my figure? Because I have friends who are not able to carry their children and it is heartbreaking for them, so NO I have no issue with my figure changing since it means I am lucky enough to be able to carry my child. 
    I almost hit the girl-yes, girl.
    Oh my gosh! I wouldn't know what to say to that either. It's amazing how insane people are sometimes. 

• I shit you not. A co worker said to me today, "are you fat? Or are you pregnant?"
  • I shit you not. A co worker said to me today, "are you fat? Or are you pregnant?"
    O_O omg that's so insensitive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had no idea how to respond! I was stunned.
  • People are so dumb...both of my parents asked "was it planned?"...ummmm why does it matter...it's 2017 there are ways to prevent so if prevention was not used then it was planned, the end!....my father even said "sooo a congratulations is in order?". Like wtf. I'm a grown ass woman. Who says that? I specifically said "I'm so excited to tell you..." so why are you questioning a congrats being in order. I'm at the point where I'm just over people for the next 5 months lol
  • anyone know who has the best milkshake/fry combo. i've been craving milkshake and fries for a week i'm in the south do i have the cookout as an option but other than that we pretty much just gave the regular fast food chains.   my go to is usually hardee's but i've really never tried anywhere else 
  • My favorite is McDonald's strawberry shake with fries. My mom introduced me to that years ago! Most people think the gross, so I understand if that doesn't work for you. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Does anyone else drink Glucerna? I needed something low sugar with protein that would be a quick way to deal with my blood sugar dropping in the middle of the night. I got the creamy strawberry flavor and it's amazing. I've actually considered blending with ice to make my own shake. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers