May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• SKZWSKZW member
    @ShadeofGreen816: Thanks for the heads up. Sooo interesting! Did you read the entire set of messages in that post? I just read through the first two pages, and am reminded of the "when to start a FB group" discussion we had here awhile back. There's pros and cons to a FB group or Bump group. I'm not on FB now for a lot of reasons, and would honestly hate to miss out on any group continuing on without me, but will have to wait and see! 
  • Loading the player...
  • has anyone heard if @Yiggle09 got to go home yet? 

and congrats @sjsmommy!!! hope nicu time is minimal and the babies continue to do well :) 
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Jkp7749: I was wondering that also. I haven't seen?
  • KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited March 2017
    @SJsMommy, I missed it! Congrats on your girls! T&ps that they continue to do well.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @nda_roxybabe I know you have already received a lot of responses, but I will weigh in a little. IMO a stroller is completely necessary. Something you may want to think about is if anyone else will be utilizing the stroller as well. I believe you said your mom will be watching your LO, my mom watches DS at my house and she uses our stroller frequently. Even if it is just for a spin around the block to get them all out of the house and in fresh air for a few minutes. So while I can go weeks without using it, it is usually used at least once a week by someone.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ShadeofGreen816 that thread is crazytown!  I want to know more about what went down but it is definitely a good reminder to not put too much personal stuff online.  Also, one of the girls said our thread is her favorite to lurk so that made me feel cool.
    She made several interesting comments in her first account. She was banned the first time due to an insensitive anti-abortion comment in a recent UO or FFFC. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • That thread is too much. I actually made it through all four pages. 
  • @kns1988 exactly! I am more weirded out by someone that goes through all that work to track someone down that somebody that might make up stories and multiple usernames. 

Actually the whole "AE" thing doesn't really bother me at all. I think it is a strange thing to choose to do but whatever. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @ShadeofGreen816 Thanks for bringing that up to our attentuon! I have totally slacked in lurking other boards these day now that I can barely keep up with our own.

Its crazy what some people will do and I'm glad they were able to catch her before some serious catfishing could happen. With facebook on the horizon, I can see why they would watch out for her. Plus theres the fact that she accidently shared a photo with her real name. It's really not that hard to find someone on fb assuming they have an account. Otherwise they probably would not have been able to call her out the way they did.

• SKZWSKZW member
    @starphish18: That sounds awful. I hope you feel better today!
  • @starphish18 in spite of a horrible sleep and I hope you feel better today, I hope you had.a great birthday night out@

• @starphish18 Oh no! hope today goes better and your back starts easing up.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't think the sleuthing was too much in the case of that AE. She was pretty disruptive to the board in all of her AE forms. Plus, July has had waayyy more drama than we have. I think it's terrifying that she stole a friend's identity to create an AE and I'd want to know if someone on our board did that. What if she took someone's kid pictures?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • kns1988 said:
    @ShadeofGreen816 and others, I didn't read the whole AE thread, but I think doing that much detective work to call someone out is really weird. This is a public forum. Who cares if someone comes back with another username and posts on another board? Yeah, her posts were insensitive and it was good that she stopped participating in their board... but why put so much work into following someone around the internet? Is it just me that feels this way? I think finding someone on facebook like that is crazy creepy. 

*posting and ghosting because I don't check TB at work*
    I'm torn on this. While I agree that the level of detective work is a bit creepy, if one of my Facebook friends was using my picture on some other forum, I would definitely want to know. That is super weird. So I think it's good that the detective messaged the bumper's friend to give her the head's up. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Its Friday!!! I want to do nothing at work today!! No motivation at all! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • The detective work may be a little creepy, but I think that serves as a reminder to watch what you put online. I would definitely be more worried about someone else, especially a friend, using my pictures and information.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @Louise_Belcher Thank you! Yes, I was actually thinking about how Mom is going to watch baby and she takes her dog on walks regularly so she 100% needs a stroller.

@starphish18 Ugh, that sucks! I'm often in that limbo where I cant sit up, because my back hurts and I cant lay down because stomach. Oy.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry

• I don't think the sleuthing was too much in the case of that AE. She was pretty disruptive to the board in all of her AE forms. Plus, July has had waayyy more drama than we have. I think it's terrifying that she stole a friend's identity to create an AE and I'd want to know if someone on our board did that. What if she took someone's kid pictures?
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I read the July thread and have been going through the comments here and was still SO confused by what "AE" stood for, then something finally clicked when I read your post. THANK YOU. I feel slow but now so satisfied with knowledge.

Related (and probably very naive) question: It seems that what happened with this poster was something different, but it reminded me of a question I had back when we were going through the early FB group conversations. I remember reading about the big blowup that happened a couple of years ago with a catfisher (the one who was writing as both herself and her wife, then turned out not to be pregnant at all, etc.). What's the end game here? Are they trying to steal people's identities? Their babies? Is this how they get their jollies? I always worry about putting too much info online but don't always understand exactly what the creepers are getting at. It seems super weird to troll a bunch of pregnant ladies without some goal in mind, but I don't know if they're wannabe kidnappers or what. Obviously even if they're not, I would be incredibly upset and freaked out if someone stole my picture/my kid's picture...

I don't know if that was really a question, but I just don't get the whole thing. Why are people creepy?
  • SO tired this morning!! DD fell out of her bed on the opposite side than where she sleeps around midnight. She cut her lip and has a scratch by her nose. She went to back to bed after a few cuddles, but then woke up around 6 this morning saying her stomach hurt. Again she went back to bed, but my alarm went off shortly after and I turned it off and went back to bed. Woke up late and ended up being late to work. 

At least we get to leave work at 2 for an office outing, but then I can't even drink when we get there! Hopefully they have a yummy NA drink I can get. Happy Friday y'all! 
  • @starphish18 I hope you had a good birthday celebration despite the afterward discomforts. I hope today is better!

@Yiggle09 I'm glad you're home, but sorry to hear LO failed NST. Keep us posted! Thinking about you.

I'm with you @L1C4gal. I'm not sure I'd join a FB group, it seems risky. Plus, I hardly FB so it wouldn't be a good way for me to keep in touch. Does this board disappear at a certain point or people just migrate over to FB?
  • Just read the AE thread. Eenteresting! We had lots of AE's during my time on the TK, so weird to me. You guys know I'm not overly private here, it really doesn't bug me. My FB is locked down and I regularly search myself to see what can be found, IDK *shrug*
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @jayandaplus I hear ya. I'm not necessarily saying that I wouldn't join a FB group, but as with anything, I want to consider the risks. Like if someone on this board is actually doing what that one woman was (hopefully not, because I'm sure they'd be stirring up drama and we don't have any! <3), what are they really getting at? I know it's creepy but it's also confusing to me. Plus, who has that much time on their hands?!
  • @kayemjay2 "Alter Ego"
    Ohhhhh, duh! Haha...thank you!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• SKZWSKZW member
    Also, perhaps I should just look at this bumping as solidarity and support (and awesome advice!) for the pregnancy era, and prepare myself for the possibility of newbornhood-onward being less community based? IDK.... now I feel like I should put this in the mental health thread, like, start preparing myself for the possibility of being in that small group of people "left behind" when everyone else ascends to the great FB in the sky and I'm stuck in the trenches by myself? Is that the case? Who knows. But now I have something new to ruminate on!! Add it to the already-full OCD checklist.
  • hp_momma said:
    I 100% hope we still stay active after our babies are born, but I can tell you I probably wont do a lot of bumping during maternity leave. However, once I go back to work I'll be here!
    For me, it will be a lot of middle of the night bumping during those long nursing sessions! You all need to practice your mobile bumping! 
    This was the big benefit of FB after babies started arriving, interaction during nightime shenanigans and the general loneliness and stress of maternity leave. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Alright, my right foot has been hurting all week. I think I need some support. Suggestions for a tall order: cute, cheap ($20ish), supportive sandals (not flip flops)?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry