July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• Baby is jumping up and down on my bladder, and seems to live and party in a starfish pose. 
  • Loading the player...
  • kerils said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 My baby thinks my bladder is the comfiest spot in the world and routinely lays on it and kicks it to make it softer  :)

In other news, my DH felt a really big kick last night and the smile on his face when he did was so priceless. Ive been hating being pregnant, but seeing him be so happy to feel his son has almost made it all worth it. That and the ms is actually going away. Plus I love baby kicks and the reassurance they bring. 
    love this!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better and able to enjoy some of pregnancy's perks.
  • I feeeel her! I'm so happy. Even if it is mostly cervix punches (sorry for all the other ladies in this club lol). It makes sense that that's what I'm feeling since I have that pesky anterior placenta. I was sad I would have to wait a couple more weeks, but she's making her presence known today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was sitting on the couch in a slump with my hips toward the edge and the top of my back resting on the couch itself and actually witnessed a kick/flop for the first time.  I had just gotten off the phone and looked down at my belly and a huge bulge (that I also felt) was visible and then went back in.  I tried to get the camera recording quickly and saw two more smaller ones, but you can't really see them on video.  Still very cool!  I hope it happens again soon because I loved it.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @maybeitsmadeline I sit like this frequently on the couch in the evening and I can always feel him when I'm in that position!! 
  • kat0607 said:
    @maybeitsmadeline I sit like this frequently on the couch in the evening and I can always feel him when I'm in that position!! 
    So good to know!  I'm going to sit like this for everything!  Lounging, work meetings, lunch, bathroom breaks... hahaha kidding. :blush:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel him later at night and in the morning, just pops, and usually feel movement when I lie on my side... never while I'm walking around or doing something. Ugh anterior placenta 
  • @BusyZee, for what it's worth, it's unlikely that it's the anterior placenta that is preventing you from feeling him while up and moving. Our movements as we walk often sway baby to sleep and they spend 16 to 17 hours a day asleep. So when we're sitting down, our position certainly helps us feel then, but often it's also because when we're still, they're awake.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ktewart said:
    @BusyZee, for what it's worth, it's unlikely that it's the anterior placenta that is preventing you from feeling him while up and moving. Our movements as we walk often sway baby to sleep and they spend 16 to 17 hours a day asleep. So when we're sitting down, our position certainly helps us feel then, but often it's also because when we're still, they're awake.
    This.  I feel quite a bit of movement each day, but it's 98% when I'm sitting or being still.  I rarely feel it when I'm up and moving because of the above info. :smile:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline Same thing happened to me this weekend.  I was actually laying in the bathtub and was just watching my stomach and the baby did a somersault or something.  Felt so weird from the inside but to see it on the outside was cray cray.  Baby's been a lot more active, especially at night, DH gets upset if he doesn't get to feel the baby. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Fun fact from my first pregnancy- people would always ask me if the baby kicked more when I sang.  I actually rarely felt her while I was singing.  It was almost like she just stopped and listened or that it put her to sleep (even when I was wailing at the top of my lungs).  That makes sense that babies go to sleep in there when we are moving around and I think hearing our voice can make them relax as well.

Now, if I was at a concert and someone else was singing... Different story!  Ninja kicks all the way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our little girl is a crazy acrobat. I've been feeling her morning, afternoon, and  A LOT  at night since 18 weeks now. It is now so strong that I can video tape it and send to hubby at work. He loves seeing it. She is much stronger at this stage than my boys were comparably. 
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What kind of movements is everyone noticing?? I am 24 weeks today and every movement to this point has been a distinct jab. This past week I feel like he's gotten so strong, sometimes I get startled by his kicks and punches, it's like he's training to be a boxer or something. I'm not concerned because I know it's still early, but just curious because I haven't felt very many smooth movements from him. I think I can tell when he switches position, because I'll feel a few jabs and then a rippling movement underneath like he's moving his whole body. 
  • @kat0607 So I feel the quick jabs a lot, and then hiccups a few times now because they're rhythmic and steady, and then like you said the entire body movements.  For me when she moves her whole body it feels a bit uncomfortable like she's completely switching how she's laying and I can feel my stomach stretching into a different position than it was before.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kat0607 I am 20+4 and so far just the jabs and rolls.  I can feel it more and more through out the day but then at night, just before bed, there is a greater amount of activity and that's usually when DH can feel it.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Ripples and jabs here, too. 24+ weeks here
  • Watching my belly jump last night while she was kicking up a storm made me laugh. And, of course, now she's using my bladder as a punching bag to show her displeasure. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @lfk2013 I finally got DH to pay close enough attention that he saw the jump!  I got all excited and said, "That was her!!! Did you see it?!"  I think he freaked out a little because he instantly said, "No way.  That wasn't her! Did you hiccup???"  I just stared at him.  LOL.  Then he realized I can't hiccup on the side of my stomach and he got excited too. I love seeing my belly move!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: stomach jumps

I've been trying for three days now to record the baby kicking through my stomach, but every time I start recording he stops kicking. HE KNOWS lol. At least DH got to see it the other night. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I have been putting my hand on my belly and i see my hand move whenever baby moves. It's also really hard to catch because it only ever jumps or kicks when I'm not looking! Tried doing it with H and we weren't able to see anything. Grrr. 
  • I only started feeling movement on a regular basis last week.  I'm currently 21 weeks. DH is dying to feel the baby kick too.  I hope it's soon. 
  • I forgot how much it throws me for a loop when the kicks get crazy and make my hand or whatever is on my stomach jump up. 

I love feeling the baby move but its like the feeling of a reflex, your body is making another part move unintentionally...it's just weird to me!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @lfk2013 I finally got DH to pay close enough attention that he saw the jump!  I got all excited and said, "That was her!!! Did you see it?!"  I think he freaked out a little because he instantly said, "No way.  That wasn't her! Did you hiccup???"  I just stared at him.  LOL.  Then he realized I can't hiccup on the side of my stomach and he got excited too. I love seeing my belly move!
    This made me laugh way too hard!!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @maybeitsmadeline Super jealous that you can already see movement on the outside. That's so exciting! Your husband's reaction is great
  • @manillabar @carol113 Thanks ladies!  It was pretty funny to witness.   :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Baby boy is kicking up a storm in there. I'm 21 weeks now, and the movements are strong and startle me sometimes. This is my 3rd, and I've never felt movement this strong this early. 

At the 20 week ultrasound, he would not stop moving, and the tech had to keep jumping from one body measurement to another because he just kept changing positions and karate chopping away in there. I'm sort of afraid of what the movements will feel like when I'm in my 3rd tri and/or closer to due date! It already sort of feels uncomfortable now, and as he gets bigger I imagine it'll only get more uncomfortable. 
  • Movement has slowed down drastically over the past couple of days...pair that with the itty bitty tiny bit of spotting I had, and I'm trying hard not to panic.
  • Movement has slowed down drastically over the past couple of days...pair that with the itty bitty tiny bit of spotting I had, and I'm trying hard not to panic.
    Oh no, I'm sorry you had some spotting. It's always so nerve wrecking no matter how small or how common. Did you call your doctor to ask and let them know about the spotting and decrease in movement? 
  • edited March 2017
    Movement has slowed down drastically over the past couple of days...pair that with the itty bitty tiny bit of spotting I had, and I'm trying hard not to panic.
    Same minus the spotting. She was like an acrobat and then the last three days it's been muuuuuuch less. I tried not to panic. She's been semi-active today, but still not as much as she has been. I'm thinking they also change positions and face the back so it's harder to feel the movement. I think it's too early for us to worry about consistent movement though I know it's easier said than done! I'm with ya girl!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Same minus the spotting. She was like an acrobat and then the last three days it's been muuuuuuch less. I tried to to panic. She's been semi-active today, but still not as much as she has been. I'm thinking they also change positions and face the back so it's harder to feel the movement. I think it's too early for us to worry about consistent movement though I know it's easier said than done! I'm with ya girl!
    Exactly.

@supermom83 - This is pretty much why I haven't called the doctor, but I think if she doesn't give me a little something by the morning, I might just do that.  I remember having similar concerns with my son, and they did an US immediately to be sure everything was ok, and it was.  The doctor basically said that baby doesn't move quite as much when it starts running out of room.  Plus, anterior placenta, so it might be all positioning.  We'll see.
  • It it's any help, my doc told me that if movement ever slows to have a few sips of something cold (and preferably sweet) then lay on your left side. She said that typically jump starts movement. 
  • @lanie1000 I'll give it a try.  I'm pretty sure that this is just my "waiting for the other shoe to drop" mentality.  (Thanks DH!)
  • baby girl moves like crazy especially once I am sitting on the couch relaxing, My boys didn't move this much but it could have been the lack of room. I forgot how crazy it feels! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I'm 22+3 and am not sure I've felt him. Saw him move a ton during the a/s and heartbeat was great last visit. I have an anterior placenta. Hoping the kicks start soon!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Does anyone else feel like the baby is doing somersaults in there? I've been feeling kicks and pokes for awhile, but lately I swear it feels like she's doing barrel rolls. As I described it to DH... imagine your stomach just decided to turn and face the opposite direction. It's super weird. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GreenBean yep. My son is a syraight up gymnast in there 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @GreenBean - Yup. Two nights ago I swear she was having a dance party and using every bit of my internal organs as a trampoline. I could see every kick and move she made. She hasn't been that active since (but has been active).
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017