Babies on the Brain
Options

GTKY: Work edition

Good morning ladies! I hope Monday isn't too rough on you today. I thought I would do a GTKY post to start us off this week :)

What do you do for work?

Do you like it?

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do sommething else?

What is your dream job?

Re: GTKY: Work edition

• Options
    What do you do for work?
    I'm a teacher
    Do you like it?
    Most of the time :) It has its moments but for the most part yes and you can't beat having the summers off!
    Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do sommething else?
    I think so. I am in grad school now so if I get tired of classroom life I have other options like admin, working higher up in the district, etc.
    What is your dream job?
    In a dream world I would stay home with my kiddos but that really isn't an option for us so I think teaching is the next best thing :)
  • Options
    What do you do for work?  I work in an office at a computer doing boring things...sorry that is as specific as I get.

Do you like it? I don't love or hate what I do, its a decent job. The pay and benefits are good and mostly like my coworkers.

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do something else? It is as much a favorite as it could be. They are family friendly and respectful when things come up with the kids that keeps me out of the office, and I am very grateful for that.

What is your dream job? Lactation consultant. If I have another kid I will most likely quit my job and after a few years hope to start taking classes in working my way towards this goal.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Livingthedream - Lactation consultant would be awesome! 
  • Options
    notthefathernotthefather member
    edited March 2017
    What do you do for work?
    I work at a university. 
    Do you like it?
    There are parts I love and parts I dislike. My current duties include things I dislike

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @glitzandglitter: what do you teach? My husband is also a teacher and he's already burned out for the year. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @LivingTheDream: Your current situation doesn't sound so bad at all! A lactation consultant would also be amazing. What steps are involved to become one? 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @glitzandglitter: what do you teach? My husband is also a teacher and he's already burned out for the year. 
    I have had years like that :( I teach elementary school
  • Options
    @LivingTheDream: Your current situation doesn't sound so bad at all! A lactation consultant would also be amazing. What steps are involved to become one? 
    It isn't. That is part of why it isn't so easy to just jump into another kid. DH can afford the bills on his own, but his job is so stressful and long hours that with 3 kids I couldn't continue to do all the parenting stuff and working FT, so it's agreed that I would quit. It's hard to walk away from. Of course the extra $$ is always nice too.

• Options
    FYI - I decided to change my profile pic, it use to be a geometric purple image.

@LivingTheDream - A lactation consultant sounds like a great job!
    @glitzandglitter - Teaching would probably be my second choice for a job. But I don't think I could handle elementary school.
    @notthefather - It's awesome that your boss knows you want to switch jobs, hopefully someone retires soon!

What do
     you do for work? I'm an analyst for a start-up company. People have no idea what I do, so I won't be more specific. Haha!

Do you like it? I really like what I do, and that's the main reason I haven't left the company for another job that is more secure. 

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do something else? I'm on the fence about this. At my current job, I can work with data that I wouldn't normally get to work with and I have a high degree of flexibility in case dd is sick and needs to be picked up from daycare. The only thing that sucks is the pay, and I'm hoping that once the company grows, I'll move up a lot faster than if I was at a bigger company. 

What is your dream job? I think I found my dream field, but I wish I was part-time. I find working FT and managing a household (DH started a new company and works all the time) is overwhelming at times. 
  • Options
    What do you do for work? 
    I work as a bank teller for a local bank.

Do you like it? 
    For the most part. Some days I'll get a customer being a total a-hole and it just ruins the rest of the day for me, but most of the time it's not bad. I really love the company itself and all the people I work with!

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do sommething else?
    I really don't want to be a teller the rest of my life, but I do enjoy the bank, so I may look into moving up into a higher position. I've considered looking into being a loan assistant.

What is your dream job?
    No idea :/ I seriously have no idea what I want to do with my life.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    What do you do for work? I'm a child therapist. I have a private practice. 

Do you like it? I love it. I do play therapy, so lots of play while helping kids. I love being my own boss too. 

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do sommething else? It's probably my forever job. I really love it and can't see myself doing anything else. I'll at least stay in the field. 

What is your dream job? I don't know if anything could beat my current job, but I would really like an office upgrade. And not having to deal with insurance companies.
  • Options
    What do you do for work?  I'm a stay-at-home mom.

Do you like it?  Yes.  It's pretty exhausting at times, but yes, I feel very lucky to have this job.  Long story, but when I was a kid I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have kids.  Now I'm kind of addicted.

Forever job or something else someday?  Hopefully forever.  Getting a real estate sales license soon for selling some investments, but I probably won't do much outside of trying to save commission.

Dream job?  In addition to SAHMing, I love to write and obsess over baby names.  I'd love to be a baby naming consultant, if such a thing exists.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @LivingTheDream I'm so glad you posted non-specifics because I was trying to figure out how to get away with the same!!

@maureenmce when I was in high school I wanted to be an editor for reality TV so I'm a smidge jealous of your line of work!  :p

What do you do for work? I also do boring things at a computer all day! 

Do you like it? I like it well enough! I really like my boss and coworkers so that is hard to walk away from for the unknown. 

It is definitely not my forever job but I think I will get another few years out of it. I would like to stay with the Company for the long haul because they've provided me lots of opportunities thus far. Eventually I will try to move up the ladder or see what other positions might suit me.

What is your dream job? My husband and I daydream about owning a doggy daycare. But only if we won the lottery and could hire people to do all the dirty work and we could just pop in and play with the pups whenever we want!  :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @CecilB93: I can relate a lot to your likes/dislikes. Working with the public is painful for me. If I could sit in my office and never have to talk to anyone but my coworkers, I'd be in heaven. Haha! 
    @fishee333: That's awesome! Before my career change I did forensic interviewing for CPS and worked with the local CAC. Being your own boss must be amazing! 
    @mill1020: So happy for you that the doctors were wrong! 
    @maureenmce: You sound so interesting! I imagine the pressure in that field is high but it sounds cool.  Hope you get to find that right work/life balance for your family. It's funny how kids change priorities  :)
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: boring computer workers, unite! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses  If you ever change course and want to fulfill that reality tv editor dream, they make BANK. They make literally double, sometimes triple what I make!  It's nuts!  

@notthefather  Thanks!  I hope we figure that work/life balance out too!  :)  I'm sure we will eventually.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    What do you do for work?
    I'm a social worker, 

Do you like it?
    I do!

Is your current job your forever job or do you think you will eventually do something else?
    Eventually, I'm sure I will leave.  Not much mobility in my position.  I'm thrilled to be gaining experience in the field and being a part of something awesome in the process. 

What is your dream job?
    I've got a bunch, but lately I've really desired to train to become a doula!  I think it's basically social work for pregnant and laboring women.  Seems awesome!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019