October 2017 Moms

What My Pregnant Self Is Eating (3/16)

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating (3/16)

• All I crave is crap food, why can't I crave good healthy food?  Right now I NEED chicken nuggets with hot mustard. 
  • Peanut butter toast with a Granny Smith apple. One of exactly six things I can eat right now and I am so sick of it.

@mrs_fogue I am (normally) obsessed with mustard. For Thanksgiving every year I make a really hot one with Cognac and lavender. Having a baby this year around (Canadian) Thanksgiving, so I guess it's not on the menu D:
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Loading the player...
  • Now I want McNuggets. I think I'll grab some for lunch. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  •  @reneeannemm totally think you should push it back and celebrate with us Americans in November.  Because Thanksgiving is only the second best holiday ever!  And now I'm craving turkey and dressing, purple hull peas, mashed potatoes and gravy.....thanks :D
  • @mrs_fogue Oh my GOD you just made my freaking year. I think about doing this every year but feel greedy trying to do it twice. I LOVE Thanksgiving so much. Definitely doing American Thanksgiving this year, even if it's a toned down indoor version of the massive outdoor feast I usually throw. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Am I the only weirdo who loves green bean casserole for holiday meals? No one else seems to love it as much as I do.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy total weirdo! LOL If it didn't have mushrooms in it I'd be down with the green bean casserole.  I usually make green bean bundles (minus the bundle.) 

• @jessafishy nope. We never had it growing up, but DH's family does it and I love it!
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @jessafishy I make it sometimes, but with homemade (no) cream of wild mushroom soup. I don't like when vegetables are too soft, unless they're caramelized, so I'm not crazy about casseroles usually. DH is allergic to green beans (and a thousand other things) so it's not high on the menu priorities.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @jessafishy Nope! In our family, green bean casserole is a holiday staple! My aunt makes it the best so she is always in charge of making sure it gets to the celebration.
  • Not down with the green bean casserole but my family makes an onion casserole that is amazing, and I'm sure most people think onion ewww gross, but it doesn't really taste like onion and it is super yummy. Also a broccoli cheddar casserole that is super yummy. Now I want Thanksgiving to get here.

I just thought of an UO. I don't think kids need to have their own rooms. My son has his own bed but it is still in our bedroom because we live in a small house with my sister that is only 2 bedrooms, so she gets one and we get the other. This summer we're moving into a mobile home that is on the land we are going to buy from my parent's as we live on it. He will have his own room then but he will be just over 3 y/o. If we get to the point where this one is in its own bed before we can afford to build they'll share the bedroom. When I was growing up my parent's had 6 kids in a 3 bedroom house so I shared a bedroom with 2 other siblings, and 2 shared the other bedroom, and the baby was in with my parent's, then when the baby got older he moved in with my sister and I, my 2 oldest sister's got rooms finished in the basement, and the smallest room in the house went to my other sister. I didn't have my own room until I was about 12.
  • I dream about Thanksgiving, yummmm.

I'm in Portland right now and a trip to Voodoo Donuts is happening at some point today. Very excited! I'll post pics ;)

• big shout out to @mrs_fogue - the spaghetti gif made my bones quiver with "ack" :persevere:
    This morning consisted of half a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel and a whole cinnamon raisin bagel with plain cream cheese.

I wanted strawberry cream cheese, but when I opened my tub (good until May 2017) it was moldy! I was a very sad girl indeed.

@singing_lyn I like onions :) That doesn't sound bad at all.
    @jessafishy  I love green beans in general, especially around the holidays.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've been craving mcdonalds for weeks. Finally caved and let myself get it today. And then I threw it all up. I'm so upset. 
  • ksf13ksf13 member

Sorry if this is a huge picture...lol. Does anyone use Braggs ACV? I drank 2 tsp mixed with honey and warm water twice a day before my BFP. It really helps with heartburn (and I could sooo use some relief). I stopped because it's not pasteurized. According to their website the acidity of it kills any bacteria and specifically says it's safe while pregnant. I'm going to ask my doctor about it, but thought I'd ask if anyone else knew. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I now have a huge craving for green beans and Thanksgiving foods! My H loves green bean casserole; I much prefer just green beans, but we always had green beans from the garden growing up and I think they're delicious without floating in cream of mushroom soup.  Though, give me all the french fried onions on top!

@singing_lyn Broccoli cheddar casserole sounds amazing!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @keriflores I love this stuff <3 stopped using it when I got my BFP as well. My RE said anything unpasteurized should be avoided but I didn't specifically ask about the ACV.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @ChocolateIsLife I've actually been craving it haha. I wonder if the pasteurized stuff would still help with heartburn. I know it wouldn't have all the benefits, but if it would just help with heartburn, I'd be good!
  • @keriflores I can understand the craving for the bitter/tangy good stuff! Sometimes I crave plain pickle juice. Let me know if it helps you with your heartburn!

AFM all I want is a chicken pot pie. I love the ones from Marie Callender's so much. I like to add cayenne pepper to it, and DH thinks I'm a weirdo because I do that. Whateva I do what I want.
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pardon me while I drink from my gallon jug of orange juice.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I was having a huge craving for McDonald's yesterday after not having set foot in one in four or five years. I caved, devoured my two cheeseburgers and fries, and loved every bite of it!

Other than that, havarti cheese with jalapeno and toasted sesame seed bagels with cream cheese have been daily staples.
  • I made buffalo chicken meatballs. It was amazing. I almost ate DH's before he got home from work lol
  • Lol my days currently consist of lost appetite, nausea because I'm starving, too nauseas to cook and then scarfing down snacks... Mostly fruit cups, pb and banana, chicken noodle soup or cheese and apples.
  • @jessafishy I love green bean casserole! But dislike the usual french onion topping. 

Homemade banana bread for breakfast. And now I want McD's for lunch after all this nugget and sandwich talk... 

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • edited March 2017
    I'm having a Cobb salad and sweet potato fries for dinner tonight. Anything else makes me nauseous but for some reason this strange combo is the winner tonight. Pregnancy is weird.

• ksf13ksf13 member
    @jessafishy Your post gave me heartburn lol. I can't look at Orange Juice without getting heartburn! I love it though, so it stinks :P 

DH brought home a cherry ICEE yesterday and now I need another one and all of it's artificial glory lol. 
  • canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    I have one pot of corned beef dinner on the stove and one crockpot full. The potatoes and cabbage are done in the stove pot, so I totally snuck some out to snack on. YUMMM 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @canonmom413 i have mine cooking at home. but the thought of it is making me want to hurl. i put in extra potatoes so i can just smother them with butter and salt so i can just stuff my face with those if i can't bring myself to eat the meat.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • I've had coffee, pizza, and  chocolate aversions with this pregnancy. (SO NOT ME. I live on coffee and chocolate. And pizza.) 
    so I've been eating cheese cake, strawberries. Craving sushi like no ones business (shrimp rolls), and everything's carby. 
  • I went out for lunch with a friend like a real human for the first time in more than a month. I had a viciously spicy Malay tofu and vegetable curry and I feel great about it.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• I just got a craving for warm shortbread.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Lobster roll and sweet potato fries <3 I want snickerdoodles right now though.

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I'm doing the whole week in one...

Today, I had to have my boss open the door for me to go home because I was trying to leave carrying out my third piece of pizza and a cup of mountain dew. I wasn't even craving pizza but it was free, and there, and smelling delicious. He tells me to "be careful", I tell him "don't worry, I won't even make it to my car before I wolf it down".

@jessafishy Haagen Daas is heaven to me right now. I got a pineapple coconut pint earlier in the week and for some reason it took me three tries to get through the first half inch of ice cream, just a couple nibbles over the first couple days. Cue Wednesday, I ate the whole remaining pint. And then wanted more.

So I live in a somewhat small town, but yesterday I discovered CarryOut Kings delivers in our area. I am so in trouble. Dinner tonight is leftover smothered baby back ribs that I ordered yesterday.

But the coup de grace was Tuesday. For some reason had a serious craving for some good Spanish food since I hadn't had any in a long while. Drove 20 minutes one way, 40 minutes home, both ways crossing the Hudson river, to get this:

I was not disappointed!
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • @cooaladolll I think we may live near each other....carry out kings (which I thought was just a local to this area thing) and the Hudson River. If we do I have to know where you got that Spanish food from because it looks delicious!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited March 2017
    @Colada584 oh wow it was delicious! If you're ever anywhere near Wappingers Falls, it's from a place called Rice & Beans Deli. ETA: all that food was only $13!
         BabyGaga
  • cooaladollycooaladolly member
    edited March 2017
    @reneeannemm I think that's the prettiest icing I've ever seen. They look fantastic!
         BabyGaga