Pregnant after IF

March PAIF Grads- new mama's

Re: March PAIF Grads- new mama's

• Me and DH have the lilebaby haven't used them yet but was told to get that brand. Bought moby and returned was to confusing for me and DH would not use it with the second baby. 
    Im thinking of getting a play yard anyone else have one or heard of a good brand? I like the summer infant and the graco one 
  • @Griffin5413 I definitely have noticed that the moby is easier now that Riley can support his head better. 
    @Drove2u I'll look into that one,  too! 
    I'm sorry to hear about Viktoria's surgery. Praying for her and peace for you. 
    @ultratomato I think we have a Graco, it's a nice one.  

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ultratomato we have a Graco and it's really nice. I kind of wish I would have opened it sooner bc Eli could have just slept in that for several months. We wouldn't have needed a bassinet that he hated and a cradle (mine from when I was a baby) that he grew out of too quick. Our model is the KAI
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 and @dragonfaerie the play yard doesn't have a cushioned bottom right? That's what i was reading on the reviews. Both are on sale at babies r us now 
  • These are what I'm talking about just to make sure you ladies are not referring to pack and plays 
  • Ha, oops @ultratomato. I was thinking of a pack and play. Sorry! Those look nice!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think we need a play yard as well, she started to roll pretty fast. I put her in a play mat and found her on the floor after few seconds. She picks everything on the carpet and the floor and put into her mouth.
  • This is what I have, pretty Dutch to have. Like a crib you can lower the part the baby lays on. 
    Pia rolls around too, so this is great. 
    Ive already 'lost' her on my trip in Norway as she's just on the floor.
    Thought I could take a quick shower...I was wrong! I heard a high scream (she has found out she can scream! It's apparently hilarious) I put my head out of the bathroom (great with a small apartment!) saw the blanket...but no baby! She had rolled under the coffee table :) she had the time of her life though...I on the other hand had a minor heart attack. 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @ultratomato - I was thinking Pack n play. Those play yards look nice though. I will probably just the pack n play for that though 
    @tvh1982 - I love that Pia is rolling around like that! Lol

so my dry run went well this morning. I got out of the house within 10 minutes of what I was aiming for. 5am comes waaaayy too early though. Eli did great at daycare and I got so much accomplished at the house!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tvh1982 oh my, yes, that would cause a heart attack! 
    @Griffin5413 Glad the day went well for you both!

I bought the ktan today. I got the large so my DH can wear it, and it's only a little loose on me. I will keep practicing with the moby, but this was definitely easier. Riley loves being carried,  so all these goodies will be great!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey ladies sorry been MIA . Been so busy with work . Even though I'm working very part time I'm working a full work week just this week covering for another therapist . I am exhausted ! And miss my baby :( I'm so looking forward to the weekend when I can be with Vince all day long . 

@ultratomato that play yard looks awesome !! I need something like that soon .. Vince is growing out of his play gym . 

@griffin5413 glad you got a dry run in and that it went well !! Getting out of the house is such an ordeal with a baby - so good work on doing it in plenty of time !! 

Hope mamas and babies are all doing well !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @Griffin5413 I'm glad your dry run & daycare went well. Back to reality  :(

@mskeenan I've been wondering about your life. lol I know watcha mean, the weekends can't come fast enough now & they just fly by  :|
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hearing you ladies talk about going back to work and missing the babies makes me sad. I do want to get back to work since i can have adult conversations but I will definitely miss my girls. I wish time with them was longer. I go back april 11 at least it's a Tuesday and it's Easter week so I have Good Friday off. My girls are going to daycare three days a week and the other two at my parents. With my job sometimes I don't always get to work 9-5 but this time I will have to leave at 5 since my daycare charges for every minute or maybe jts every 10 min they charge $10 so I'm not working late because pick up is at 6. Plus I want to be home in time to bathe them and feed them. Even though DH works from home sometimes he works past 6. Oh I need a new job been searching while on leave. 
  • @ultratomato - I know what you mean.. I'm ready to go back to work for the structure and adult interactions but I'm def going to miss my time with Eli. Bc I work stock market hours I work 6:30-3 so I will never have to work late. The flip side is that getting up that early is really going to suck!

ok all of my formula nommies... I'm worried Eli isn't eating enough. I've read they should eat 2-2.5 times their weight in ounces which means at 14.5iish pounds Eli should be eating around 35 ounces. Yesterday he only at 22 ounces. That's all he wants and he is obviously gaining weight but that's about a third less than they say he needs. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 so we just uped the girls to 5oz every 4 hours during the day and at night they wake up between 4-6 hours. They were doing 4oz last week every 3 hours which came out to about 28 oz I think. I could be wrong our pediatrician said that you take the age of the child and add two to it. I heard about the weight calculation though. 
  • Seriously. Going back to work makes me super sad too. I'm working from home--my first day next Friday. And then I'm in the office the following Monday. I'm also excited for the adult interaction but still sad. 
    As far as formula, Viktoria is 10 weeks, 11 lbs, 12oz (lol) and eats 4 oz every three hours during the day and 3 oz at night whenever she wakes up. She seems to be satisfied with that. I have no idea if it's technically enough according to the calculations but she's not abnormally cranky or anything. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited March 2017
    Know the feeling @ultratomato. I love that I may not work until September, yet I miss adult conversations. 
    Looking for a job that can combine Pia and daycare. Afraid I'm not 'attractive' enough for a new employer.

As for the formula @griffin5413. I have been told the same, yet Pia eats way way less but still gains weight.
    Pia should eat about the same as Eli but eats on average 29ounces.
    We changed formula before as she ate way less (yet still gaining weight). She ate just what she needed to 'survive'. But one could without a doubt see that she did not like the formula.
    Now she likes the formula, yet hasn't  time to eat. I haven't weighed her as we are on our trip, but she's outgrown yet another size of clothes, so guess she's doing well.
    Last time they weren't worried about her not eating enough as she does well, they were only worried about her not liking the formula.
    We travel back home tomorrow and on the next two Mondays they'll provoke her allergy in the hospital after that we'll try to introduce foods as Pia is waaaay ready, she wants my food. Maybe Eli too is bored with a bottle and want some real food?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hi everyone just dropping in to say hello and hope everyone and their littles are doing well. 
    My baby girl is 5mos old and recently was going to PT for congenital torticollis. Dr believed she was favoring her right side and wanted to do PR eval just as a precaution. She's fine and PT taught us some stretches but mostly recommended she have more tummy time. Also she had to get X-rays and ultrasounds because she was breech birth. Overall all came back negative and Leigh is progressing well. 
  • @JerseyGirl856 Glad to hear she's doing well!! 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jerseygirl856 glad to hear she is doing well. I'm also concerned all the time about one twin favoring a side but I just keep track and make sure to move her head. 
    Oh totally forgot to tell you ladies that Aubrey rolled over from her tummy to her back. So excited got it on video now just waiting on Brynn to do it. And we just had to add rice cereal to brynns formula since she has reflux and I refuse to give her Zantac since she is not in pain and that is all it helps and doesn't stop the spitting up. So we shall see how the cereal does we may give it to Aubrey to have her sleep better at night since we got the go ahead from the dr 
  • @Jerseygirl856 yes! That's what Cason has too, mild case. We started belly sleeping to help with it for now. 

@Griffin5413 Cason is 15 weeks, was 13.6lbs last week, eats 6oz @ wake up/bed & 4oz every (almost) 3 hours in between. So that's about 28oz/day. If I tried to increase the amount during the day, he won't eat it. Not that's I'm a doctor, but I think it should be whatever works for them as long as they're gaining weight.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @jerseygirl81 glad Leigh is doing well !! 

@tvh1982 hope the trip back home goes smoothly 

@drove2u going back to work is hard but it does get easier - at least for me it has been getting a bit better . I'm finally off on Friday and can't wait to snuggle my little man allllll day long . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan that sounds so nice. The Friday part I mean. Haha. Yeah I'm definetly spending a lot of time with v and hugging and kissing her a lot before I go back. Her christening is this Saturday so excited for the celebrating. :-))
  • @capps42613 does the belly sleeping help Cason? Sounds like Cason and Leigh have the same feeding schedule. But the dr told me no bottles right before bedtime. Says it makes her dependent it on it for sleep, but I give it to her if she's hungry. It helps her sleep through the night. 
    @dragonfaerie @mskeenan thanks ladies! 
    @ultratomato yes we were told to turn her head away from the side she's favoring when sleeping or eating. Yay for the Aubrey reaching that milestone!! Sorry to hear about the reflux. I hope the cereal helps so you can avoid the medicine. 
  • Question for you ladies of the babies that favour sides: how does the crib stand?
    I thought Pia favourite one side, but she just doesn't think it's 'fun' to look at the wall.
    So now when I put her to bed I swopp which side I put her head and feet, so she always looks into the room, yet changes sides to turn her head.

Our trip back went well, Pia cried when we started to land. Poor girl was in quite some pain. But was a champ before and after. I actually could drive home without a stop! 
    She has some panick waking ups since we are home, so I just put her in my bed and join her in a wee bit. 
    Think she has a lot to process.
    Unfortunately we'll have a busy weekend with my niece turning six, she just called to ask if Pia also wants to come on her children's bday party. I didn't had the heart to say no, so we'll be attending both parties (children's and grown ups) Hope Pia doesn't hold it against me :)

• @Jerseygirl856 He wasn't sleeping through just fine regularly and I haven't noticed a change since putting him on his belly. The way his feeds go he eats at 9pm and then goes to sleep. I don't think there is anything wrong with a bottle before bed. It helps him also.i won't find out if it helps condition til he goes back to the doctor next month bc I couldn't tell there was an issue to begin with.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • So anyone else experiencing or already experienced the first cold or cough? Eli has been coughing this week and today his nose was stuffy and runny. He's still so happy that it's hard to tell if he really feels poorly. Dr's office said saline drops and Vicks baby rub which has helped. I put him in the shower with me tonight and we are using the humidifier. I'm definitely more concerned than he is since he is currently knocked out. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 Riley has been super snuffly lately and i can see more boogies in his nose. We were at the doc Thursday and he said everything looks fine, no cough or anything. But I have started bringing him in the bathroom when it's steamy from a shower.  He definitely doesn't seem in distress, so we're just riding it out. Hope your little man keeps up his good spirits!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pia had one at only 7 weeks. As I am not breastfeeding and she was so young the poor girl had to get better all by herself.
    She did brilliantly. 
    I gave her lots of tlc, and both of us laid on the sofa the whole day (I too was ill) hot showers together (skin to skin) and she slept with me. Took about a week til she was back to herself.

Hoping the boys are feeling better soon @griffin5414 and @dragonfaerie

• @Griffin5413 For the past 3 days Cason has been waking up with a snotty nose, but it doesn't persist throughout the day. No cough though. Sounds like you're doing everything right.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Yeah he is still pretty happy. The nose Frida has been a life saver. What makes it even better is we are heading into the 3rd leap. I'm hoping it won't be too bad 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son consumed 7 6oz bottles today! Last week he was averaging 28-30oz/day. 42oz today... holy growth spurt?
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 Whoa growth spurt for sure!
    @Griffin5413 fx this isn't a bad one for you! You've got it!!

What kind of naps are you guys doing? Riley hasn't really been sleeping during the day, he just takes one after lunch with me that lasts from 1-3 hrs. My goal this week is to get a second nap in midmorning. He won't stay out unless I'm with him though,  so currently I'm lying in bed while he's in his bassinet. We're at about 20 minutes of sleep right now,  which is about when he usually wakes up if he's going to. FX!!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie my girls wake up usually around 6/630/7 and they stay up for an hour to an hour fifteen and back to bed then I let them sleep and feed them again four hours later after there feeding and that's how the day goes on until there night bottle then they decide when they want to wake up.
  • @Griffin5413 I am happy to hear that LO is feeling well.
    Both H and I are having a terrible cold, it is so hard to take care of the baby when you are sick and trying not to get too close to her but you have to . I am hoping that BF is helping her.
    @dragonfaerie Lara is terrible with naps. she cannot stay awake more than 2-2.5 hours but if we put her into sleep and then put her into her crib she wakes up after 15 minutes :( I am not very proud of that habit but my mom stays with her the entire time and rock her as she is about to wake up so that she can sleep for about 45 minutes-1hr. I think she does about 3 naps during the day, she gets really fussy if she does not sleep enough. 

• I'm with @ultratomato with the naps. Viktoria eats, plays, I read to her and by the time the hour-1.5 hours is up she goes down for a nap. Sometimes she will sleep until the next feeding and sometimes she gets up before. And then we repeat all day. When I take her out she either sleeps in the car or wherever. Or just gets super cranky. 
  • @zoefer Riley naps like that too.  If I'm with him,  he sleeps for hours, if not,  then 30 min or less. Since last week though he hasn't wanted cuddles unless I'm feeding him.
    I'm just not sure how to get him to nap, especially since he so clearly needs them. I guess I'll just keep trucking along and hopefully he'll figure it out. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie- Eli usually gets a good nap in the afternoon and dozes in the mornings depending on how much sleep he got the night before. This morning he was wide awake T 5:15 but ended up taking a nap from around 10-1 but woke up a few times. Then he got about another 2 after his 1pm feeding
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So Aubrey ate rice cereal from a spoon today so proud of her. Tried with brynn she took a little but we will try again. aubrey will be getting cereal in her bottle tonight for bed hopefully she will sleep a little longer no promises right. DH left this morning for Florida and my in laws are staying we shall see how this first night goes.im scared although his mom and sister let us have the night off and get sleep and they did the really late feeding.im glad DH is back Friday I'm crying because I miss him already. I just hope and pray that my mother in law can feed babies tonight and that I can get some sleep 
  • @ultratomato hope you have an easy week while your H is away. 
    I am thinking about introducing some solid food but i know that it is recommended to wait until 6 months old. Do you ladies know what is wrong with introducing food earlier than 6 months? i am encouraged when some of you say that your LOs already started to eat oatmeal