Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Check-In [Week of 3/13]

izza2izza2 member
edited March 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant

***Please notice ***

This thread is for those who have started TTC but are now TTA or Benched.
If you have BOTB, please consider participating on that board and/or creating a separate BOTB-check-in.
Click here for the BOTB board
Click here for the latest BOTB check-in
While we value all members of the community and enjoy helping others learn before they're TTGP, recent discussions have shown that the influx of BOTB-members posting on this thread have driven out the members for whom the thread is actually intended.
Please respect that development and feel free to create a separate BOTB-check-in, or participate in the BOTB board.
[ETA: Links, text, format]

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: If you had to choose, would you rather have a foot of snow fall or a foot of rain?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Check-In [Week of 3/13]

• Loading the player...

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here?
    Babies on the brain and hanging with you guys

How long do you think you'll be here? Until June 

How have things been going?
    Eh, not bad

Any R/R/CS/Q?
    I've heard people mention how they have a short LP. I'm searching for my copy of TCOYF to reread it but in the meantime, what is considered short? 

GTKY: If you had to choose, would you rather have a foot of snow fall or a foot of rain?
    Rain! I don't like to be cold. Plus, in GA a foot of snow would shut things down until spring.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @izza2 she didn't explicitly say.  I'm guessing 0 but then you go on to google and find wonderful things like tubal ruptures even after their levels have dropped low.  I guess because I don't know of anyone personally (or on here) that's gone through this, I have no way of knowing what pains & things are normal or not
  • izza2izza2 member
    @purplg8r - Oh wow, that's insane! I'm sorry to pry, but do they do regular ultrasounds to monitor the tube and make sure? I wish I could offer you some information to help you through this. <3

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• JNCPro3130JNCPro3130 member
    edited March 2017
    I'm so sorry! I did an intro a few months back and I thought I participated in this thread then. (Totally could be wrong) I had some things come up and wasn't able to post for a month or so. I read through everything when I first came. I apologize for not reading this time. I figured it was the same. I hope I didn't offend anyone!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @icecubeinthedesert that's good to hear, it's what the intellectual side of my brain said, too. There's just that small superstitious side that's like, "but what if!" Sigh, lol. 
  • madspunkmadspunk member
    edited March 2017
    @wabash15 Thanks - I'll be back trying and on the IF board soon I hope. HCG levels are dropping quickly. I literally fist pumped when I heard they are almost under 5 today. In the meantime, checking in and rooting for you guys! It sucks I'm in a position where HCG levels dropping is a good thing, but here I am.

@doxiemoxie212 Sorry, I've never heard anything before about lavender's effect on estrogen. That woman sounds like a character though - maybe just because I can't picture myself telling a stranger about how their scent might be affecting their menstrual cycle. Have fun in Amsterdam!!

• Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Anovulatory cycle, waiting for my first RE visit. I'm back to my old stomping grounds on the benched thread. This was my first home on TB thanks to PCOS and Zika. I'm sad to be back, but I find it less overwhelming than the WTO thread. 

How long do you think you'll be here? 4 to 6 weeks, maybe

How have things been going? Ugh. I'm grappling with a lot of guilt about my anovulation. I was in an accident. We've had some deaths in the family and school is terrible and work has been insane. *TW* my SIL blindsided me with an oops pregnancy announcement *TW*. It's not been a great couple of weeks. I'm anxious to hear back from the RE about if I have any insurance coverage for labs, scans, etc. I'm crossing my fingers.

Any R/R/CS/Q? Super tired and depressed. I thought I would be sprinting toward graduation, but I'm going to be dragging myself across the stage. Grad school didn't kill me. I'm genuinely surprised. 

GTKY: If you had to choose, would you rather have a foot of snow fall or a foot of rain? Snow. A foot of rain would be very destructive. Plus I love missing work. 

SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @soemthingclever, I'm so sorry you're dealing with being benched on top of everything else you've had to deal with lately. Please take this time to breathe. (I need to be following my own advice too)

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @soemthingclever don't feel guilty over your anovulation! That's definitely not your fault. It's stupid PCOS's fault. Sorry to hear you've been having such a tough couple of weeks. It does sound like you have a lot going on, and dealing with TTC plus just normal life is hard enough. FX that your RE appointment goes well and that your insurance covers labs and such. 
  • @somethingclever hey girl, its nice to see you back on the board. I'm sorry you've had so much going on. Hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @soemthingclever do NOT feel guilty!   And oops announcements hurt the worst

@flowerpower5838 I'm so so sorry you're having to go through this again.  It freaking sucks. And the timing is really crappy too.  Sending you hugs!!

(and PMing you)
  • @flowerpower5838, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this again. Take some time for yourself. I know what you mean about misery loving company. **TW** I haven't had the full RPL work up yet, but did have the thrombosis panel done during my first pregnancy due to some weird family history. It ended up being 18 vials while fasting and I nearly passed out. (Stupid doctor's office let me sit in the waiting room for 2 hours waiting for a blood draw.) I do have lie blood pressure issues, so that probably played into it along with the dizziness from pregnancy. 

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @flowerpower5838 I'm so sorry for your losses. I don't have advice regarding the bloodwork. I just wanted to send you some hugs. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @doxiemoxie212 - So I haven't looked into the research super in-depth, but from what I understand that is old thinking.  That study you found might have been what started it, but it's not longer thought to really have an impact.  

@JNCPro3130 - In the past couple of weeks, we've decided to take this thread back to its initial intent of being for those who are truly benched/tta, opposed to just BOTB.  We just had a lot of people who were BOTB and posting next to some women who were going through some big issues and currently miscarrying and while there was no ill-intent, it was rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. 

@flowerpower5838 - creepy internet hugs, girl.  I'm so sorry you're here.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @flowerpower5838 just wanted to stop in here and say I'm so sorry for you. I hate that you've gone through this so much. I hope the tests can help give you some answers. Hugs  <3
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• This is why I usually don't even try to post because I have to ghost and then I feel terribly guilty about it for days. Shit's been crazy with a funeral and family in town and work and homework. Hopefully I'll be back later. Thank you all for the good vibes. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • *Lurking* @flowerpower5838 I am so sorry you find yourself here. FWIW I had the RLP done and it was 12 vials.
    @icecubeinthedesert That sounds like an awful amount of blood. There is supposed to be a limit to how much they can take at one time. Not sure what it is, though.

Rooting for all of you!!  <3
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24, that's what I thought too. But they just kept saying, "Well, that's only half what it would be when you donate blood." 1. I was pregnant. 2. I've was fasting far beyond what I had planned on. And 3. I just barely weigh enough to qualify for giving blood period. And the baby stopped growing two days later. Was that the reason? I dunno. But I was pissed about how they treated their patients anyways, and have found a much better obgyn now.

TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

• @soemthingclever well so far it has refused to give clear signs of ovulation and it's spotted more than it's done anything else! I doubt it's deodorant related, just a funny (funny?) coincidence I guess. Sigh.