Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thur 3/16

Re: WTO Thur 3/16

• Month/Cycle: 9/10

CD: CD5

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Clomid

R/R: Nothing really. This week has been kind of meh. We had free pizza at work today so yay for that!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts and if so do you have any good stories? (I'm a nerd for a good ghost story)
    I do believe! I don't really have any good stories. The only first hand experience I have is from a few months ago. My husband and I were leaving his parent's house and we both saw something when we were getting in the car. It almost looked like a mist but it definitely wasn't. Maybe it wasn't anything but it just felt like some sort of something, ya know?
  • Loading the player...
  • So I got my results back, fsh came back high at 10.6 (I'm 29) of course I've been googling everything possible. She said she didn't get my amh levels back yet.  Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?
  • beachbunnyxo123
    I think just hold up and wait and see what your AMH is. Its easy to freak out about a sort of high FSH level (it is a little it on the high side of normal) BUT... its important to look at FSH along with AMH (so if your AMH is high/good, then FSH could be high/not optimal for some other reason than DOR.) AND to look at more than one FSH value. Its more about the trend than the individual data point. Also, have you gotten a basal follicle count yet? Those 3 things all together tell you more than just the one FSH value.
    I suggest waiting to see that AMH value before thinking anything bad.... you can totes get pg with an FSH of 10
  • @dragonette505 I went for initial bloodwork, cd 3 bloodwork, have an hsg Tuesday and cd 21 bloodwork after that. So I don't think we did a basal follicle count yet. I don't know why the amh wouldn't be back yet if it was part of the same test. She didn't mention anything about a treatment plan yet she mentioned "meds" but I'm not sure which ones 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 This was just my experience, but they did an antral follicle count via vaginal ultrasound on CD3 (same day as my FSH test). Are you seeing an RE yet or just an OB? Also CD21 is also 7 DPO bloodwork, right?  Like for me, CD 21 bloodwork would be pointless because I don't ovulate before CD19. 

• @Starla Awesome you are set to go!! And that you don't have to fear the kitty!
    @beachbunnyxo123 AMH can take a bit longer to come back... FSH can come back in just a day, really. Those tests are some of the classic primary diagnostics so that's pretty basic. Basal/Antral follicle count is pretty important too. If you've had your ovaries looked at by US then its possible they have already done this? My old GYN did regular basal follicle checks and I didn't even know it. If not, you can def ask to have it done.
    @KatieEl Hmmm... another tricky chart! EWCM dry up on CD 13 could be O day. Did you ever get a solid pos opk? If you trust your CM dry up then I'd go with already ovulated... I always get some sort of line in my LP after O (though not much of anything before O) If you have cycles where you get several patches of fertile quality cf, then keep testing and hio. Its hard to go by your current temps because your cover line should be something like 97.9 and the first temp above it is CD 18 which would make O CD 17... Even with slow rise you need temps on or above the cl. I tend to go more with cf if temps are wonky.
  • edited March 2017
    @hartmich I just started seeing an RE he is the one ordering the tests but today I got a callback from the midwife with my results. And they didn't specify 7dpo but yeah that's the same test. I usually O around cd 13

@dragonette505 I've had an ultrasound before *TW* after an early loss *end TW* and i think I remember her checking follicles I never heard anything about concerns 
  • beachbunnyxo123 yeah, I think that's pretty typical. Mine didn't say anything till  she felt I should start thinking about using them :)
  • @dragonette505 thanks for the insight, I wasn't using cheapies this cycle, just the CBA (because I thought that would make things more definitive, hah!). I don't usually get a second patch of cf, but I have before, so I guess I'll keep hio and testing.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • whew...keeping up with the WTO is tough. I feel like this has blown up in the last few weeks. I think it's great!

@50Wife how did the interview go? I'm sure you were fine. It is nice that you were so concerned for how she would feel. 

@orbmaker FX for you. Sounds like you have a good plan to HIO! and Barbara means business. Creepy. 

@beachbunnyxo123 I don't have any insight into the RE and testing. Just want to say that I've got my FX for you!

@Starla the thought of decaf didn't even occur to me. sometimes it is the most obvious things! GL at the OB. Hoping you hear good news about starting up again. 

@Tennis11785 I hope you aren't getting sick. That general feeling of being run down is no fun

@Sailing_Mama & @icecubeinthedesert thanks so much for the feedback

@Dilynne hope your BW went well

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @SoraLk GL in the TWW. & thanks for the feedback

@LoveInDC <3 GL to you w/the new OB. I hope you're back in WTO soon.

@darkrose88 FX for those CH soon

@EmilyLove25 LOL to that sex drive comment  :D

@dragonette505 that office sounds wonderful. a half day of mindfulness training is awesome. Remind me again, what kind of work do you do?

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @orbmaker yay for fancy hotels!! Have fun!

@beachbunnyxo123 wow!  That's awesome that they call same day!!

@morado23 I spot for 2 days after

@Starla glad it was good news!!

@darkrose88 so sorry about your great aunt!

Month/Cycle: 8/6 (1/1AL)

CD: ?

WAYDTGKU: benched

R/R: **TW**. Got my levels back from yesterday--55 so they're dropping nicely. The dr said travel to China is still a go and to take pregnancy tests with me to see when I drop below 25. I still insisted on getting an ultrasound. She sounded kind of annoyed. She said that the pain is normal and we talked that it would take several weeks to clear (no, we didn't. She never gave me much info about methotrexate). She said that with my hcg levels dropping like they are, I should be fine. But that there's probably something that is still going to show up on the ultrasound. And if it does, she can't give me the green light to go. Except that we head to the airport tomorrow at 9am so not sure I'd even hear from her in time. I'm hoping the tech is one that will tell me what they see. Am I crazy for going?  *end TW*

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts and if so do you have any good stories? (I'm a nerd for a good ghost story) nope.  I don't believe in them. 
  • @KatieEl I think FF will give you CH on CD14 after two more high temps. Your coverline should be the average of your pre-O temps so about 97.7. Even if O was a bit later, your timing is very good. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @purplg8r What does she think would show up on the U/S? That's frustrating that she's not giving you the info or being very helpful. But I'm glad you can go on your trip. Safe travels!!!
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• @Avrilmai it went really well!
    I needed to write down one word for her but it was a program we use so I wasn't expecting her to get it. 
    I'm a fast talker so I told her in general if I needed to slow down or if she was having a tough time following me to let me know but it was fine! Phew! 
  • Avrilmai I'm a team coordinator at a private wealth mgmt. company...  it's pretty nice here, we have our own private gym and personal trainers and yoga and pilates classes. They also provide breakfast and lunch and special treats (which I cant eat due to food allergies, but still its nice for the office). They just want people to be as healthy and happy as possible in a corporate setting. :)
    @KatieEl I only use the cheapies because I'm liable to use tons...

• @50Wife that's great, I'm so glad it went well

@dragonette505 it is so nice to hear that employers are focusing on employees' health and wellbeing 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @starla thanks! I don't know why I feel like perfectly interpreting my chart is the key to getting KU and not you know HIO, but... lol

@dragonette505 I drink so much water I figured I'd probably never get a result on the cheapies since you don't use FMU for them. I did buy some, but I suspect too little too late this cycle.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl I am no help for the chart since this is my first month temping but I can give you my experience with CBA and cheapie OPKs. This cycle I had 7 days of flashing smiley with CBA (last month only 4 so it can vary). I have also been using cheapie OPKs 3x a day (FMU, after work=4ish, right before bed). I hadn't gotten even close to a positive on the cheapies and thought for sure I either missed my surge or wasn't able to turn an OPK (but my temps are still low). Last night I took a cheapie and negative. This morning I did CBA and got a solid smiley and my OPK was positive. I took my after work one today and the line is maybe half the darkness of the control line (similar to last night). So some people can use FMU for cheapie OPKs. 
    @dragonette505 I am so jealous of your corporate work environment!! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588 that's encouraging, thank you!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @Starla That's such great news!! 

@dragonette505 That's awesome your company does that for you. 

@purplg8r Sorry to hear your dr isn't being very supportive or at least not doing a very good job at easing your concerns. Hope you have a wonderful worry free vacation. 
  • @Avrilmai I quit coffee when we started TTC. So to replace the morning ritual I went to decaf green tea. I think Yogi brand. FWIW

@TravelingCouple I feel the same about the people. I'm worn out on getting to know new people and watching them move on. Obviously I'm happy for people moving on and I certainly wouldn't wish that people have to stay here but it still makes me sad.

@hartmich I think they're okay with the CD 21 not being 7 days DPO, just after O. I told the RE that the CD 21 BW I had was just 2 DPO and she didn't seem phased and didn't ask for new. 

@KatieEl The CBDA tracks the rise in estrogen - flashing smiley and if you miss your best LH surge, it never goes solid. Not sure when you would quit getting flashing. I would recommend you add Wondfos and try testing multiple x/day. I get my actual + OPK in the early afternoon. CBDA has missed calling it positive before. When in doubt, HIO! ;)  @MrsMiller8588 The key is in figuring out the best time to catch your surge. For some, it's FMU, others, mid-day, others in the evening.

@purplg8r Have SO MUCH fun!

@Starla That is great news. It was so healing for me to get back to TTC. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 it just annoys me they call it "cd21" bloodwork when I know that I've O'd on cd25 before and that bloodwork would have been pointless. Why don't they seem to understand not everyone ovulates on CD14? It just irritates me haha. It's discrimination! But good to know it doesn't have to be the full 7 days. 

• @50Wife, I had a legally deaf classmate for a while and I experienced all the anxiety you describe when I was first assigned to do small group work with her! But she was in fact amazingly good at lip reading and, on the rare occasion that she did need me to repeat something, it really wasn't a big deal. Hopefully all went smoothly with the interview today and you had the same experience!

@orbmaker, that sounds like a very fun afternoon! I hope the cleaning went fast so you could get to the good parts!

@avrilmai, I've replaced my morning Dr. Pepper with green tea for the most part (though I caved today when I had a bad headache at work). I can definitely emphathize with the difficulty in cutting back on caffeine. I also struggle because I read you're not supposed to have the green tea at the same time as your prenatal, so I can't even have my caffeine first thing any more. Ugh. 

@beachbunnyxo123, fingers crossed for good test results!

@Starla, I hope your visit to the OBGYN went well!

@Tennis11785 and @morado23, I hope you both feel better soon! 

@MrsMiller8588, sorry about the rotten timing! I definitely think being in Hawaii should give you some extra mojo next month!

@EmilyLove25, "pretending to have a huge sex drive for DH" made me laugh. I can definitely relate. 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, OPKs, PNVs, Preseed, green tea

R/R: DH is having to work a bunch of overtime right now and it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks. Besides making FW more intense, I just miss having him around in the evenings! The extra money is nice, though, so it's not all bad.

CS/Q: Nope! Had a positive OPK yesterday and my temps are actually behaving themselves after being pretty erratic earlier on in this cycle. Just waiting for that post-O spike!

GTKY: Do you believe in ghosts and if so do you have any good stories?

I absolutely do not believe in ghosts, but it is fun to pretend I do at times! I'm really enjoying everyone's ghost stories. On our honeymoon DH and I took a "ghost walk" in Edinburgh that went down into these creepy underground vaults beneath the city and then featured scary stories by candlelight about all the previous residents who supposedly still reside there as restless ghosts. We still tease each other about "The Watcher" (the most malevolent of the spirits) sometimes. *checks behind her just in case The Watcher followed her home from Scotland* 

• @Kiki75 thanks for the OPK tips, I definitely do plan to add in the cheapies.

@starla I am so glad you got such great news at your appointment!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @kiki75 - Thanks for that chart. I've been looking for something like that.  
    @starla - YAY. So glad your got the green light from the dr.  And glad you were able to confirm for your mother that it wasn't the cat(even if you knew it already)
    @purplg8r - Have an amazing time on your trip.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Oops, I just realized I missed the entire second page of replies while composing my post, so sorry for any behind-the-times comments I made! I swear The Bump hides posts from me sometimes...
  • @Starla great news! That's so exciting

@Kiki75 thanks so much for the chart. It is very helpful 

@purplg8r I hope you have a most excellent time in Shanghai. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• dragonette505 You don't sound crazy or bad at math, lol. I would obsess just as much... I've done so many weird math tricks in my head and with my fertility app. It's maddening/also sort of fun. 

@
    Starla Yay! Good results! That's funny about toxoplasmosis... I was under the impression that prior to getting pregnant you wanted to have it (or it was harmless) but only hurt a fetus if you got it while pregnant? I know my mom had it before/while she had me... ahh! I was shocked I did not have it (always had cats/rescued and fostered strays). 

KatieEl Missing planned workouts is one of my life's greatest annoyances... I missed a planned one Monday AND Tuesday because of the same person at work  :s

Augusta108 I am having the EXACT same situation with DH. He is in his firm's busy season, so he doesn't get home until 10:30/11:30 PM on week nights, and I leave at 6:45 AM for work... Tricky. Always hoping to O around the weekend...
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @EmilyLove25 That's right. It's only really a problem if you contracted it and weren't able to develop immunity or if you get it for the first time while pregnant. With the latter case your baby could end up with some developmental problems. A lot of people have been exposed to it and are immune.

I've had my cat for 13 years and she's purely indoor and doesn't eat raw meat. If she had toxoplasmosis, she would have had it when she was a kitten in which case I would have been exposed 13 years ago. I think my mom's paranoia was unfounded, but I got the bloodwork done to make her feel better. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• @purplg8r So glad you got cleared for travel! Enjoy your trip!!

@Starla Yay for being cleared to TTC again :) 

@KariAnn323 So glad your NP and OB agree on the progesterone and you can feel like you are doing more :)

Girls, I need you to talk me off the edge... Only a few people know that we are TTC - my mom (who had was TTC my brother for about a year, so understands the BSC), my best friend from back home who is supportive but a bit naive, and my best friend here. I thought the local friend understood everything - she's smart and I've talked to her a lot about the charting and the science and she's always been supportive. Tonight though, we were out with another friend and were talking about babies. Somehow we got on the topic of DH and I - and I was saying that if we ever got to that point, we'd do some IF treatment but probably wouldn't adopt given our lifestyle (no one is giving the couple who lives on a boat a baby). Out of the blue they both started going on about how we just need to relax and it only happens when it is meant to happen. This is after I'd talked to her privately about how devastating this cycle was (for those of you who were in the TWW with me - I had the most insane symptoms, and like a lot of us, really felt like this was our cycle). I'd dealt with AF fairly well over the weekend (no tears, just some general feeling down) - but this felt like an attack. It felt like they were saying that I didn't deserve to be KU because it wasn't my time and that everything I was doing was wrong and was the reason I wasn't KU. I know that's not how they meant it, but I literally had to get up and leave the restaurant in tears. Luckily DH was home and very supportive - but I know that you guys are the only ones who understand. How do I explain to them how hurtful that was? I don't want to make a big deal about it since I know it wasn't malicious, but I also don't want to pretend it didn't happen. 
  • @Sailing_Mama I'm sorry about your friend's not being supportive. Or at least in the way you need and deserve. I'm sure they thought they were being helpful. Unfortunately I think it's hard for a lot of people to understand what TTC feels like. If you feel like they might be responsive to hearing how the discussion makes you feel and hearing the actual facts about TTC, then definitely have that conversation. But be aware that a lot of people have misconceptions about this area that they simply won't understand with a single conversation. Hugs!

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @hartmich I totally agree. It's like all of the doctors who are obsessed with 98.6 being a normal temp. I usually run lower so it's super hard to convince them that I really do have a fever when I have a fever.

@Tennis11785 & @Avrilmai No problem! :)

@KariAnn323 Glad you have a new plan to try. Hopefully the progesterone is just the thing and it's all smooth sailing from here on. 

@Sailing_Mama I think that the next time you have the opportunity, you just need to explain that you know they meant well and you appreciate their intentions. But, that it wasn't helpful. It's okay if they don't understand because you probably didn't until you got here either. But then explain what's helpful and what isn't. They love you and they want to help and they're sad that you're sad. They just need some guidance on how to be helpful.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @KariAnn323 That's great news! I can understand how that would make you feel relieved. FX you get your take home baby very soon!

@Sailing_Mama I agree with PP. It's really hard for people to understand the struggles of TTC for months (or years!) and dealing with infertility or loss if they haven't experienced it themselves. We hear stories of people getting knocked up just as they were about to start IVF or adopt. Hell, I even know some of these people IRL! I think those kinds of stories stick out in our minds because they are sort of like little miracles. Before we started TTC I thought I'd be a SS that got KTFU on 1/1 and I didn't realize how frustrating the whole process would be.

***TW*** I also didn't realize how hard the M/C would hit me... like a ton of bricks. ***END TW***

Anyway, those stories and not having gone through it themselves kind of reinforce the mentality of "just relax and it will happen." I understand how annoying and upsetting that is to hear, especially if you're struggling with IF or have gone through a loss. I think your friends mean well, they are just really clueless. I don't know if there's anything you could do to make them understand... :/
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Sailing_Mama I'm so sorry. I think I would have felt just how you do. I'm sure their intentions were good, but the "advice" they gave was entirely not fair. I want to say something really cliche like "you do you." But just ugh. I'm sorry. I hope you woke up and felt a little better. I think getting your hopes up and genuinely thinking you are pregnant only to find out you are not is one of the hardest things to process... and your being so affected by that is entirely normal. And OF COURSE stressing about TTC is part of it. Hugs. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020