August 2017 Moms

UO 3/16

Let's see some unpopular opinions ladies!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 3/16

• Loading the player...
  • @secicc12 I don't drink while pregnant. I don't think it is worth the risk. I figure I'll enjoy it again one day. I also don't drink while nursing (and yes I know they make test strips.) so I haven't had a drink since early 2014  :s
  • secicc12 said:
    Possibly very unpopular: I cringe when pregnant women drink during their pregnancy. I know once we're in second trimester, some OBs say a glass of wine, one beer is fine, etc.. But can you really not wait a few more months to have a drink? I'm a FTM and paranoid about everything, so by my second kid I may totally eat my words here...
    I'm with you. Im on baby #4 and I dont think any amount of alcohol is safe. My sister on the other hand drank one or two glasses almost everyday during her last trimester. But she is also an alcoholic and was doing really well until the end... Her justification was that her midwife told her it was fine so she could relax. My niece is and was healthy. I still wouldn't risk it. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• LSP87LSP87 member
    I hate This Is Us.
  • DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• I hate the phrase "baby bump" (as I type this on a site called "the bump"). It's just too cute, kind of like "hubby".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate March Madness. 

Like, gambling's illegal in various forms in various states/communities. It's illegal in many places of employment. But damned if my employer doesn't sponsor a bracket competition every year. (You don't pay in and you win, like, a $25 gift card so maybe it's not gambling per se, but still.)

On the drinking- I'm scared to drink a full glass of wine, but I have taken a few tiny sips like... on two different occasions so far this pregnancy, of whatever my husband's drinking. He's actually decided to cut back on the drinking himself, partially to help himself lose weight and partially just because I- his drinking buddy- am out of commission. So there's less temptation/jealousy for me at least. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any Grey's Anatomy lovers out there? My UO: I wanted Derek to end up with Addison in the early seasons. 
  • @mrsw2017 - big fan here! And I think that's definantly an UO! haha
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @mrsw2017 - unacceptable! Huge Grey's fan, and I did like Addison's character, but no way. I'm MerDer all day long. I miss him.
  • @mrsw2017 I love greys.  In fact im re-watching the seasons on netflix, while I work from home.  I am watching the episode where the shooter comes in with his wife, and she dies.  I am with @HappyToBeHere though, and team MerDer all the way.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • mrsw2017mrsw2017 member
    edited March 2017
    @littlebug2010 @HappyToBeHere I rewatching it too. I am in the early seasons with Addison still around which made me think of it. Don't get me wrong, I definitely grew to love MerDer but I just loved Addison so much. 
  • I don't like wearing all open toe shoes but I hate flip flops the most. 

I can't even express how much I can't stand that open toe boot trend.

(I do wear open toe shoes...but not often)

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Apparently another UO is that Grey's Anatomy sucks. 
    I can't ... even ...

Actually, if I wasn't an avid watcher from the get-go, I would probably agree that it has gotten meh. But I'm involved now. I'm addicted. I need to know how their lives play out.
  • @PinkPrincessPiper  I could never get into Grey's Anatomy. I watched a lot of ER back in the day, so I guess my hospital-fueled drama quota was filled.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Apparently another UO is that Grey's Anatomy sucks. 
    I can't ... even ...

Actually, if I wasn't an avid watcher from the get-go, I would probably agree that it has gotten meh. But I'm involved now. I'm addicted. I need to know how their lives play out.
    I watched up until like Season 4 or 5, and then I just couldn't take it anymore. I can't believe it's still on the air! 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper I started watching from the start, and I 100% think that the show should have ended after season 10.  I believe that was when Yang left the show, and I think it should have all wrapped up then.  The only reason im still watching is becuase I need to know how it ends.  I did the same thing with private practice.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • @HappyToBeHere I'm the same way, the plot tends to stretch now. What can you expect after 13 seasons? But if I don't keep watching I feel guilty, I've invested so much time! But the great thing about it is...rewatching the old is almost like a new show...Izzie, Callie, George, Mark, Addison...it's a completely different cast
  • @LivLew I agree with the fast food and crap too. Honestly, that stuff just makes you feel worse when pregnant! 
  • @Rae1 Thank you for the update!  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @Rae1 keep us updated on that IP ban
  • @CaitS07 I am indifferent about the gender reveal parties. I'm having one, in the sense that the people who are invited have no idea that's what it is. We're doing a family get together for my birthday and for people to see mine and DH's house that we moved into last September. Not all of my family has seen my place and even more haven't even been to the town DH and I have been living in for almost 6 years! I completely understand where you are coming from. With weddings and babies there seem to be so many parties and gifts that you get that they become a gift grab. 
  • I don't think cheerleading is a sport. I recognize the athleticism of tumbling and stunting but...not a sport. And I pray everyday my daughter doesn't ever ask me to be a cheerleader.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @mrsashworth522

I don't think that's really a gender reveal so you're excused from my UO :)  I find that the ladies throw elaborate gender reveals are AW IRL. 
  • @CaitS07 I figured as much lol. One of my friends had her gender reveal live on Facebook. AW all the way with that one. She even kept reminding people beforehand to tune in at such and such time for the reveal. 
  • aehogan90 said:
    I don't think cheerleading is a sport. I recognize the athleticism of tumbling and stunting but...not a sport. And I pray everyday my daughter doesn't ever ask me to be a cheerleader.

STUCK in box. 

I LOL'd remembering the movie "Bring It On"- "I transferred from Los Angeles, your school has no gymnastics team, this is a last resort!"

The feminist in me doesn't like cheerleading as a concept as most schools only have the cheerleaders for the male sports teams (i.e. football, basketball). I think some teams have the cheerleaders at the girls'/women's events too. If you have that much athletic ability, why are you using it to pump up a man's game instead of driving it towards your own success in, say, gymnastics, or becoming more serious about dancing?
    But I will admit cheerleading competitions are kind of fun to watch- the real crazy stuff on ESPN. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Here's my UO : I really like women's basketball. I know it can get a bad rap but I really like it and get into it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 that's my major issue with it. I'd say 90% of the time it's really girls flaunting their bodies which is more of a distraction than helpful. DH coaches football so I see this too often. Gymnasts might be some of the most athletic people on this planet. Would love DD to do gymnastics if she wants to. But yes, if you are that athletic, put it to good use instead of just flaunting your body.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • I was an aerialist in the circus at college and we shared the gym with the Cheerleaders. I always appreciated having somewhere I could be athletic and sassy without it having anything to do with another genders/ groups athleticism or game play. We trained hard, performed our own shows etc. The one time a year we did something sport related was when we used a Russian Swing to pitch someone through the uprights at the homecoming game. The 'human field goal' even made ESPN top 10.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • I'm not a fan of leggings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NxyNxy member
    @littlebug2010 I'm on *the same exact episode* 
    BabyFruit Ticker