July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 3/14

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/14

• @virginiaunicorn11 I was lucky and escaped them with my first pregnancy but after my twins I honestly didn't know what they were. I will say the preparation-H wipes were a life saver. So far only a few flair ups, hoping it doesn't get worse 3rd trimester.
  • The first time it ever happened to me was the result of sitting on top of a Land Rover on a safari, with no pillow. I had no idea what it was and told DH, "Um. I maybe shouldn't tell you this, but my butthole fell out and I am kind of freaking out." LOL!!! He knew what it was because he is the smarter half of us ;)

Then no issues til I delivered DS. Then no issues (after the first month or so PP) til the past couple weeks. Woof. Hoping they can heal before delivery this time because I am sure I am really in for it this time.

Ahhh, what a fascinating topic. Thanks ladies, and sorry!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I definitely have internal ones because I bleed here and there, and there are sometimes when right before I poop it feels like the world may end due to the pain in my butt. Trying to up my greens consumption because that's my cause! 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @BusyZee No I haven't been wearing support wear. I was kind of planning on going without it.... Oh well. It's getting better the last day or two. I feel like the baby was sitting on the outside of my stomach and making it worse, but it is getting harder and harder to get comfy. I've found now that laying sideways on my pile of clean clothes works lol. I have been using my hands too. I'm pretty sure my abs have split, so I'm trying not to use them, and they're not all that effective anymore anyways. 

@Dcwtada I was expecting it in third tri, just not so soon! Every time I'm in the car for more than like half an hour my back starts hurting, so I think I might get a wedge for that. And DH is thankfully very generous with the massages. He has to be since he asks for them from me so much. 

Re: hemorrhoids. I have no idea if I have them or not, but I'm having some sort of issue. I've had bleeding three or four times now, and all DH could tell me was that it looks angry. Maybe I have internal ones? It hurts like hell every once in awhile, but idk if that's from constipation or pressure or hemorrhoids or what. Also, I keep switching from constipation to loose to going 4 times a day to almost not going at all in a day... it's all over the place. Although not weird for me if my periods were any sort of precursor. And it's not related to food, that doesn't change enough to match this. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    kerils said:

Re: hemorrhoids. I have no idea if I have them or not, but I'm having some sort of issue. I've had bleeding three or four times now, and all DH could tell me was that it looks angry. Maybe I have internal ones? It hurts like hell every once in awhile, but idk if that's from constipation or pressure or hemorrhoids or what. Also, I keep switching from constipation to loose to going 4 times a day to almost not going at all in a day... it's all over the place. Although not weird for me if my periods were any sort of precursor. And it's not related to food, that doesn't change enough to match this. 
    Sounds like what I was having a month or two ago.  I was having bleeding with BMs but could not see hemorhoids.  It wasn't getting better so I went in and they said I had an anal fissure, caused by initial constipation and hard stools.  The problem with those is they can take a LONG time to heal.  By that time the constipation was already gone (thanks to some dietary changes) and I was very regular, but still had bleeding for awhile.  I was prescribed some hydrocortisone suppositories to decrease inflammation and speed healing, but they said the fissure could take 6-8 weeks to fully heal.  The suppositories seemed to work well, and the bleeding went away, but then I would go sometimes weeks with no issues and then bleeding a couple of times and then weeks again with no issues.  Brought it up at my last appt and she said that's just how it goes, and it will take awhile to fully heal.  It is not fun to worry about bleeding every time you have a BM, that's for sure! She also suggested putting some A&D ointment on after BMs to help healing and then in the morning it might help BMs not being painful.  I never thought I'd know so much about this, thanks pregnancy!
  • I have an attitude from Hell today. I may get a warning if someone posts something stupid. 
  • My husband now makes fun of me when I huff and puff at the top of the stairs (we live on the third floor). Dude, you try being pregnant.
  • @maybeitsmadeline I expect nothing uneventful today, it is Thursday after all. 
  • @kerils I think you are a FTM right? It was soooo much worse with my first even though my second weighed 2lbs more than she did at birth. I think if your body has never experienced quick weight gain before it can be worse, even in the second trimester. Consistent and unrelenting increased pressure and stress when your body isn't used to it is painful. At the end of my 2nd tri and beginning of my 3rd tri with my first I used to cry myself to sleep my back ached so bad. I went to the ER at 8 months because my RLP and girdle pain was so acute I could barely move. I don't mean to scare anyone, I know it's not the norm but if you are noticing pain the quicker you start trying to treat or mitigate it hopefully you can help it before it gets too bad. 

Wedges do help as as they take some of that pressure off your back and certain muscles. And belly support - anything that gives your body a bit of a break. I ignored mine for too long until it became a huge problem. 
  • @Dcwtada Yeah, FTM. Not to get into numbers, but I've weighed around 140 before, but started this pregnancy at 120. I'm somewhere in the 132-134 space now (it fluctuates a lot). It's probably just how fast I'm putting it on, and the fact that there's a moving one pound person in there. And that my stomach has never ever looked like this lol. I also feel like I have more extra fat on me, not even including my stomach, than I ever have, but I'm not heavier than I've ever been. But these love handles man.... oh my. Plus. I've had sciatica pain off and on that I'm sure by the time I get to mid third trimester will turn into a constant thing. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Yep @kerils I weighed more not pregnant before than in my 2/3 trimester with my 1st. My doctor said it was how quickly you gain and your body doesn't have time to adjust and hence the aches and pains. I never had sciatica - I feel for you though. I remember how frustrated I'd get at never being able to feel comfortable or relax without aches - it was not fun and I didn't have sciatica on top of that :/ 
  • @Dcwtada Thankfully the sciatica hasn't been that bad. There was one day where I could not walk, and that's when I called the midwife, and they said it's probably sciatica... and probably not going to get better. The rest of the time, its just a mild pulled muscle in my butt kind of thing, and I really only feel it when I'm walking. And it isn't constant either. When it started I thought I had pulled a muscle. I'm 100% prepared to get to a point where it hurts so much that I can't really walk though. I'm just glad it hasn't been like that again for a couple weeks. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I have definitely pulled a muscle under my ribs, maybe sleeping on my right side but it's painful at certain angles especially when I use the phone and have my right arm resting on my right rib... maybe I should get off this phone (online shopping though !?)
  • So this is not on the topic of hemorrhoids  (spelling that word is a toughie), and while I don't see anyone here experiencing this, I am hoping maybe someone knows something about it/know a story w a fine ending. Just looking for some insight while I wait for my appointment....

For the last two weeks I have been having AWFUL heart palpitations nearly every night and only at night. I called the OB and they referred me to the cardiologist, but my appointment is not until Monday. While waiting for my appointment, I went to the ER at the end of last week bc I was so upset/freaked out by it. By the time I got to the ER my EKG was totally normal and all my bloodwork came back fine. I should've saved myself the discomfort of the er bc I had a feeling that would happen (not to mention I was terrified of catching some disease while there).
    Anyway...just dealing w this until Monday and hoping for some answers. Meh. I am starting to get used to it, but I know it's definitely NOT normal.

@BusyZee I have been having right rib pain for weeks now, and I was starting to think it was a pulled muscle. My appointment yesterday revealed baby B punching around over there. Maybe it's the baby?? Either way hope it clears soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 I think it's my overusing the phone honestly lol. I didn't use my phone much for a few days and it went away (I lie at such an angle that squishes my ribs) They told me baby is near belly button so hasn't reached ribs yet !
  • CPR79 said:
    kerils said:

Sounds like what I was having a month or two ago.  I was having bleeding with BMs but could not see hemorhoids.  It wasn't getting better so I went in and they said I had an anal fissure, caused by initial constipation and hard stools.  The problem with those is they can take a LONG time to heal.  By that time the constipation was already gone (thanks to some dietary changes) and I was very regular, but still had bleeding for awhile.  I was prescribed some hydrocortisone suppositories to decrease inflammation and speed healing, but they said the fissure could take 6-8 weeks to fully heal.  The suppositories seemed to work well, and the bleeding went away, but then I would go sometimes weeks with no issues and then bleeding a couple of times and then weeks again with no issues.  Brought it up at my last appt and she said that's just how it goes, and it will take awhile to fully heal.  It is not fun to worry about bleeding every time you have a BM, that's for sure! She also suggested putting some A&D ointment on after BMs to help healing and then in the morning it might help BMs not being painful.  I never thought I'd know so much about this, thanks pregnancy!
    I had an issue with a fissure a few weeks ago too. I thought it was a 'roid until I saw my doctor. She suggested lots of things like sitz baths and increased fiber, but the thing that seemed to help me the most was putting on Vaseline a few times a day, including before and after BMs. Once I started doing this, the fissure healed surprisingly quickly. This definitely is in the category of "things I wish I didn't have to know" but I hope it helps someone else. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @irishrose54 Good luck at the cardiologist! I have a history of palpitations, which started getting worse at the beginning of my pregnancy. I got a work up at my cardiologist, and both he and OB said that it's common for palpitations to start or get worse during pregnancy because of increased blood volume. Definitely good you're getting checked out - they may prescribe medication or want to keep an eye on things. But I just wanted to reassure you that it isn't necessarily something bad. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GreenBean Thank you for the reassurance. I had them also at the beginning of the pregnancy but just ignored it bc I figured it was typical. Now that they are back I am definitely wanting to make sure it's nothing more serious. My husband keeps reminding me too that they are usually not harmful just annoying/upsetting. The ER trip was totally useless and I left in tears more worried than before I went. So thank u again, bc any reassurance is nice :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kerils I am not smarter than your medical team, over here with a literature degree...but it makes me sad that they told you that your sciatica won't get better. I personally have been helped massively over the years by chiropractic care, physical therapy, yoga, Pilates, and stretching. I hope if it's not going to get better, they are at least working with you to make sure it doesn't get worse. Sending you feel-good vibes. I'm sorry for the pain you must be in.
  • @CPR79 and @GreenBean Thank you! I dont know if thats it, but Ill ask my MW next week. 

@virginiaunicorn11 She suggested some stretches and heat/ice, but when I asked her to straight shoot me, she basically said I was stuck with it until birth. Thankfully it hasnt flared since then, but if it does get bad maybe Ill call my chiropractor if it helped you. Hes fantastic and would tell me if mine is helpable or not for sure. I havent seen that doctor since then because my last appointment was the anatomy scan and I saw the OB linked to their practice. Ill probably bring it up next week when I go again  
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @irishrose54 I've talked about heart palps numerous times here. I get them all the time and they're terrifying. I've been to 3 cardiologists all noted in the Washingtonian Top Doctors list and all have come to the same conclusion- it's nothing. They've all told me having heart palps is, 99% of the time, NEVER a sign of something more serious. Some people are just more sensitive to it and "hyper aware" of their heart rate. But my dad has afib (irregular heart beat and palps) and said he's never once felt them. Some people feel them, some don't. And then you become hyper aware like me and it starts to consume you. I'm so glad you're going to get it checked out if nothing else than for peace of mind but know over the weekend a lot of us have them (I have had them as long as I can remember) but they get significantly worse with the increased blood flow with pregnancy!! Thinking about you! 
  • @irishrose54 I have had heart palpitations during all 3 pregnancies. I also got this weird feeling in my chest toward the end of my twin pregnancy that felt like a floating bone in my chest. Apparently it was normal and just a side effect of organs shifting and pressure but it was strange and uncomfortable.
  • Back pain people, if you have any DO's around (doctor of osteopathic medicine), see if you can get some OMT (osteopathic manipulation therapy) done! Some of the residents in my program are D.O.'s and last week they did a lecture on OMT for pregnant women and I let them use me as one of the "models" and it helped SOOO much.  And I can't speak for every insurance but because they are physicians a lot of times it can be covered by insurance as part of your care/treatment.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I might be alone on this one, but my body no longer remembers how to digest food properly. What ever I eat just seems to hang out in my throat for hours. It's really annoying. 
  • soooooo itchy  :s
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 honestly take care of that already (If your referring to skin) because my situation got really, really bad. Oatmeal baths help a lot, so does body wash that's for eczema/dry skin. Significant difference in just 24 hours. 
  • @lanie1000 that was happening to me for a few days, digestive enzymes help ALOT, see if you can use them for sure but they really are amazing. The ones I have  are the "pure vegan digestive enzyme complex" they are quite good for the price and have minimal additives.  
  • @nktrodden826 thank you so much. I feel like I miss things on the threads sometimes even when I am combing through for specifics. I should really use that search function lol. It is reassuring to hear you've experienced the same thing and it's not something more serious. I am trying to get used to the idea that this could stick with me through the rest of the pregnancy. I am sure the cardiologist will tell me everything is fine as well. Fingers crossed! 

@munchkinsmama thank you for sharing your experience, and for sharing about the floating bone feeling - now i can be prepared in case that happens too lol. 

heart palpitations suck, but it sounds like they are usually harmless. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 I don't know your situation but I have tachycardia (fast heartbeat) and it is made worse by pregnancy because of increased blood flow and what not. My doctor told me that palpitations are par for the course especially in the second tri since your body is adjusting to the increased blood flow. While it's normal it can cause you to pass out, my doctor told me to get up slowly and no matter how embarrassing it might seem if you ever feel light-headed or your hearing sounds under water - sit on the floor with your head between your legs - I promise you it is less embarrassing than passing out in a gas station and being hauled off in an ambulance.

Take it from me, I felt those symptoms as I was getting coffee, had enough time to briefly think should I put the coffee down and walk to my car or tell the lady next to me I didn't feel well, neither one of those happened and I passed out, coffee in hand on the gas station floor. Now if I feel that way I squat/sit every time. I sat down in a grocery store check out line once just to be safe. 
  • A horrible taste in my mouth for like 5 days now. I can't get rid of it. Fun news is my right nipple is leaking a little. For someone who struggled super hard breast feeding, here is to hoping things are on the right track this jme!
  • @Dcwtada I called my mom I was so excited haha my supply was so low with DS it was super depressing! 
  • @ladybray I've had a horrible taste in my mouth the whole time. Like this weird sour taste. I've been blaming it on acid reflux.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited March 2017
    @ladybray I hope this time is different for you.  I remember with my last two I had one boob that could easily pump 8-10oz each session and the other was 2oz. I felt like a cow when I pumped that one but I was also able hit my DH from across the room if he annoyed me - so it evened out
  • I have been terrible about drinking enough water and I think it has caused me to have more frequent Braxton hicks (not enough for concern yet), I need to get better about the water. How do you all make sure you drink enough I get so distracted and forget?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I have been terrible about drinking enough water and I think it has caused me to have more frequent Braxton hicks (not enough for concern yet), I need to get better about the water. How do you all make sure you drink enough I get so distracted and forget?
    I try to keep on a semi-defined schedule.  I have a desk job so it's easy for me to drink while I'm at work.  I got a 20 oz tumbler with a straw - somehow that makes drinking easier lol.  I try to drink two tumblers before lunch and two tumblers with/after lunch.  I also drink a glass with dinner and usually one with breakfast.  I also have this app called WaterMinder where you log your water intake and reminds you to drink every once in a while.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @SpongeWorthy I was thinking of getting a water bottle with the oz's written on it to help me, I did so much better my first pregnancy but being a SAHM of toddler twins I am not so great with keeping up! I will download that app thanks so much :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• CPR79CPR79 member
    lanie1000 said:
    I might be alone on this one, but my body no longer remembers how to digest food properly. What ever I eat just seems to hang out in my throat for hours. It's really annoying. 
    omg that's a perfect explanation of something my husband just does not understand! i constantly tell him "i just feel full up to here" and hold my throat and he doesn't get it.  
  • @Dcwtada I remember you sharing that story earlier on in the pregnancy. I shared about my fainting spell and I recall you sharing that as well. My heart rate went SKY high before I passed out so I wonder if it's the same thing that you've been dealing with. I get the woozy pass out feeling now but lay down when I feel it and have not fainted a second time. I will keep you posted after my appointment Monday. Sounds like it'll be fine though.thank for the reassurance!

Pregnancy Ticker