October 2017 Moms

Pregnancy Confessions

Here is a safe place to share all your pregnancy confessions without judgement! 

We we all have something to confess whether it's a no-no food item we snuck, drink we shouldn't have had, pill we forgot to take, family member we're avoiding, or are using our pregnancy to get out of a prior engagement! Maybe get hubby to do some of our chores by milking the symptoms? Anyone!?

Share! Share! Share! What's your secret!?  Feel free to update throughout your pregnancy! 
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Pregnancy Confessions

• My big confession is.... 

I sometimes take my prenatal every other day, because it makes me so sick, so right now...it's what I can tolerate. I try eating healthy to make up for the skip days, but I'm currently on the look out for a different pill. I also need to get better at this! I feel the guilt. 

I eat turkey. Need to try harder to toast first? 

Ive totally milked symptoms a time or two to get hubby to do the laundry. Guilty! 

• I've been drinking a can of soda each day....first thing in the morning, no less. And I admit I do a happy dance every pregnancy that my husband has to do litter box duty when I'm pregnant, but then I feel guilty because the cat was mine before marriage and of all the chores to do, I think it's the one he hates the most. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmornelas29 my doctor told me not to even take it as long as I was throwing up. I was on them for a few months before I got pregnant and she said that was the good start I needed - when I get past this trimester they'll give me the heavy duty ones back. So don't feel guilty!
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't gotten excited about this baby yet.  We had an end of the first trimester lost in Nov that is preventing me feeling all in which Makes me sad because this will be our last.  
  • @asickles98 I know that feeling, I don't think I let myself get excited about DD until I was into my 3rd trimester. Lots of positive thoughts to you - hopefully once you cross that hurdle you can let yourself relax a little. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • i don't like being pregnant and i don't really like the newborn stuff either. this is probably my last pregnancy and i always hear people get nostalgic when they talk about their "last time" and i am just thinking "there is a light at the end of the tunnel!"

don't get me wrong, i am incredibly happy and blessed to have this addition to our family, and i know not everyone gets this opportunity. but i just don't feel any "aww this is my last time!" emotions.
    I'm with you! Just this morning as I was vomiting, I was thinking about how much I hate being pregnant, and reflecting on how on Earth some women say they love being pregnant. I love my son, and will surely love this child as well, but I never want to be pregnant ever again. I'm looking at it as there will be light at the end of the tunnel too. 
  • Totally agree on hating being pregnant but still feeling the sadness of this being the last. Also definitely milking the MS hitting me at night with my husband to get him to do chores.

Also I hate to say it but I feel sicker at night so a bunch of nights lately I've been getting home with my son and having cereal or microwave pasta meals because I feel so sick. We have not been eating very healthy at all lately.

And today I totally put on my maternity jeans because I put on regular jeans and felt so uncomfortable that I just couldn't do it. The hair elastic trick doesn't work to make jeans any more comfortable for me and I wear jeans every day to work since I work in a casual office and I don't like leggings so I only own 1 pair and if I started wearing them I would feel weird.
  • @carries2018 I feel ya!  I don't mind being pregnant and once I get past first tri, I usually feel pretty good, but this is my last and I'm excited about that. I'm looking forward to getting the baby stuff out of my house and having my little family grow together. 

@singing_lyn I'm wearing maternity clothes from head to toe today. We're traveling and there's no way I want to be uncomfortable in a car for 5+ hours. 
  • I ate two pizza lunchables yesterday :X I forgot to microwave the pepperoni on the first one :X
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel so emotionally disconnected so far. I'm only seven weeks along and I am very aware of everything that's happening. Things got a bit more real with our first MW appointment earlier this week, but I still haven't had that overwhelming rush of emotion that I expected. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited, but I still can't fathom the whole "there's a baby growing in my belly" and "I'm going to be a mom" thing.
  • @carries2018 Thank you - that's very reassuring to hear! <3
  • I have used my pregnancy exhaustion as a reason to not cook dinner more times than I care to admit. Thankful I have a husband who can heat up canned soup and make Mac n cheese for the kids ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @emwj10187 second tri was WAY better for me. I got all my energy back, I had the cutest little bump and it was generally just the best. First tri is a mix of all the crazy hormones - don't give up on enjoying pregnancy until then. :smile:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had a couple of deli sandwiches, and (cooked) sushi rolls clearly made alongside raw ones. At this point it's more about survival (aka eating) than being 100% safe
  • I'm an emotional mess today. I can't stop crying. And I know I'm super sensitive but I just can't handle everything right now! 

Stupid hormones. I can't stop crying over stupid stuff that doesn't even matter!
  • @vvilla3, I'm sorry but your story made me laugh! Thank you! When I was pregnant with DS, my hormones were our of control. I remember sending an email to one of our top directors at the hospital calling him out on some stuff. And then immediately running to one of my friends and just bawling my face off to her! I was horrified! In the end, my raging hormones got me a lot of respect from that director, and many others as well ;) haha
  • @vvilla3 oh I so feel for you!!!! I used to work in Marketing, and I remember the amount of pressure I would feel during those meetings. 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vvilla3 oh man. That's such rotten luck. I really really dislike those stress meetings. Our numbers are way down too. Oi. Big hugs your way, stupid hormones. At least they somewhat fear you? Better then them being jerks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can't totally laugh at it now - but they probably won't forget it for a while! 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • autumnbaby-2autumnbaby-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @kmornelas29 I recently switched prenatals a couple of weeks ago because mine were making me sick too. I'm now taking vitaMedMD RediChew Rx. Ive been taking them for 2 weeks, and it's been a world of a difference. They are a prescription, and recommended for those of us who get sick from the regular Prenatals. Good luck!! 
  • @natleilynn yeah, im holding out so much hope for the 2nd trimester. I'm almost there though, about a week and a half away.... keep your fingers crossed for me.

@canonmom413 & @emegee  Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping my feelings quiet on the topic, and only shared it here in "pregnancy confessions" :) Otherwise I'm thrilled for the outcome, and hey maybe once im in the 2nd trimester I'll feel differently! 
    \

• I confess that I sometimes use my pregnancy just to be lazy and avoid things that I don't want to do.
    I also don't feel anything. Aside from common pregnamcy symtoms. The thought of being pregnant and having a baby grow inside me haven't really sunk in yet. Maybe when I have my baby bump I'd feel it more. I've been through a lot because of my pregnancy, and I'm not really loving being pregnant. Pregnancy itself. But I'm happy. We have been TTC for a couple of months and we finally got pregnant so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I could. Hopefully all the bad part would subside on second trimester. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • I quit taking my prenatal vitamin a couple weeks ago. I honestly never took them with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and don't really care

I hate the first trimester. Being nauseous, exhausted and fighting headaches that I can't take my migraine meds for is miserable and I hate it. 

I didn't have a connection with my first child until a few months after she was born. I look at my birth experience as super negative, not because anything bad happened, but because I decided against an epidural and it ruined the whole experience. I was so focused on the pain that when  she came out, I was just glad it was over and that's all I focused on. It really, really bums me out

• @kmornelas29 - my doctor said for the first trimester to just take the folic acid and skip the prenatal vitamins since they make me nauseous, too. You may want to ask yours if that's ok for you to do until you get into your second trimester and are hopefully feeling better.  
  • @natleilynn - sushi has been one of the few things I can tolerate, so I've eaten it about once a week. I figure the omega 3s help balance out the mercury. I try and order more shellfish or cooked sushi, but I just can't resist the tuna. 
  • Thanks for all the prenatal vitamin advice! I'll look into some of those suggestions. Also, for those who don't feel connected yet...neither do I! I know it will come, but I'm so busy with my little one, I haven't had much time to "fall in love" with the baby on my tummy! Waiting for it... 

• keiraanne said:
    I feel so emotionally disconnected so far. I'm only seven weeks along and I am very aware of everything that's happening. Things got a bit more real with our first MW appointment earlier this week, but I still haven't had that overwhelming rush of emotion that I expected. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited, but I still can't fathom the whole "there's a baby growing in my belly" and "I'm going to be a mom" thing.
    I remember everyone saying that women become mothers when they get pregnant and men become fathers when their baby is born. I never understood that. I hated being pregnant, never felt connected to my unborn child, even called her 'it' until she was born. There's nothing wrong with not being as excited as you think you should be.

My confession is that I had a 1/4 glass of red wine at my inlaw's the other night. It was delicious and I regret nothing.
  • I ate an entire roll of sushi yesterday from my kroger's sushi counter. It. Was. Phenomenal. I did make sure it just had shrimp as far as sea food in it. But holy heck. So good. 
    Also, I've been horrible about making my husbands lunches this week and dinners. I've been throwing the kids and I something together but not cooking anything really. Mostly because of food aversions. But also because I've been lazy. He never asks me to make his lunch, I just do it for him because honestly he won't and he works two jobs so I can stay home with our two littles. And I haven't been sick so I cant even use that as an excuse.  :'( 
  • @kmornelas29 When do you take your vitamin? i switched to bedtime and I find it much better than first thing in the morning. Helps me to not have an empty tummy though.

@asickles98 Wishing you a boring and healthy pregnancy. Sorry for your previous loss.

My pregnancy confession... I hate pregnant me 1.0. I was that glowy happy pregnant woman dancing around with a crown of flowers on her head singing to the birds and deer. I'd go back and slap her. First tri is kicking my ass this time round.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh thank goodness the are others! I'm not real excited to be pregnant. We waited, or rather I waited, so I could do all the fun stuff. I just played my last roller derby bout & I'm mad about it. I can still skate but it won't be the same sitting on the sidelines watching.
    Soccer ended, and volleyball will be over in a few weeks. I'm not motivated to go to the gym & am bloated & gassy every time I eat. I can't complain b/c those are my only symptoms. That & getting winded faster during sports.
    I keep trying to get motivated to shift my workouts to the gym, but I just go home, put on comfy clothes, watch TV & eat cereal. I know working out is a huge factor for me, but I just can't right now.