November 2017 Moms

Thursday TTGP check-in 3/16

jess0211jess0211 member
edited March 2017 in November 2017 Moms
Feel free to tag ladies in the comments! On mobile this morning and tags are being a PITA.

This is a check-in for friends from the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member of that board please let us know how you are doing! 

1. Due date?

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 

4. Questions/concerns? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Thursday TTGP check-in 3/16

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Due date?  11/23 (Thanksgiving!)

Pretty good today. Had a decent night's sleep, although I woke up an hour early. No legs cramps last night, so happy about that. Still lots of twinges and pelvic cramps, but nothing too concerning.
    Major anxiety is just that AF would be due tomorrow and just waiting for my **TW** loss date to pass, 4w4d**TW** I know it's not a guarantee, but I think I will be able to breath a little more after it.

Scheduled my first prenatal visit in April, will be just about 7 weeks at that point. Also, had a blood draw yesterday for quantitative hcg/progesterone levels, going back tomorrow for another blood draw.

4. Questions/concerns? 
    We will be going to Amsterdam/Brussels next Friday for 7 days. I will only be about 5 weeks when we leave and hit the 6 week mark while there. At this point, I don't have many symptoms. For ladies who are past mark, just curious what your symptoms started to look like. I know every pregnancy is different, but wondering what others went through. I am trying to figure out if I should prepare to bring some simple things to potentially deal with morning sickness or something. Being in a foreign country gives me a little anxiety.

@DuchessOfCambridge FX your appointment at Urgent Care goes well and that you are reassured that all is well!

jess0211 I feel you on the symptoms situation. I am thankful mine are mild now (and I am very early), but symptoms definitely give some reassurance that things may be going well.

JulesDP I actually have a cleaning coming up in three weeks. Does the dentist need to know for a specific reason? Other than not taking x-rays? 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I hope everything is ok! My RE has said all that cramping and pressure is totally normal. Just another hassle... 

@julesdp I am also struggling not to tell people... I am planning to tell a supervisor and a friend today so hopefully that will tide me over for a little while! 

1. Due date? 11/3/17

2. How are you feeling? So sick. Had to stay home from work a couple days this week -- hence my decision to tell a supervisor today. Ugh. Nothing really helps but I'm going to try unisom + b6 tonight when the unisom arrives. (I accidentally bought the wrong kind at first -- yes there are two kinds of unisom labeled the same way, whyyyy)

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 7 week ultrasound at RE's and progesterone check tomorrow morning

4. Questions/concerns?  Nah just trying to get through to the weekend so I can lie around and barf at home in peace.

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    1. Due date? 11/20

Feeling a bit anxious. This pregnancy feels very different from the last. Not sure if it's because I'm on antibiotics and baby aspirin or maybe it's just different.

Today is 4w4d. I have a hematologist appointment this afternoon at 3 and RPL repeated BW Sat. Next week is high-risk OB on Monday and OB on Thursday. Should get ultrasounds for both.

4. Questions/concerns? 

I am hoping to get out of Manhattan within a reasonable time. Leaving the city at rush hour with snow piled everywhere will probably not be too fun. 

@kyersten We will have a graduation gif party for you!
    @heatherdubrow We have ultrasounds on the same day!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @nytino24 Thinking of you today -- I hope the doctor is a good fit for you and I definitelt hope you aren't trapped in Manhattan traffic for too long! 

• @NYTino24 I'll be thinking of you today! I hope all of your appts go well! And truly, every pregnancy is different.
  • @NYTino24 thinking of you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonfly87 I think that x-rays are the biggest concern.  When she asked about anything changing medically, I told her that I was pregnant.  I had x-rays at my cleaning 6 months ago, so the only other thing she mentioned was the possibility of Pregnancy Gingivitis.
    @adirat Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes tomorrow!
    @NYTino24 Sending so many positive vibes your way! I hope it goes well today! <3 
    Me: 32 H: 32
    Married: October 2009
    TTC#1: August 2016
    BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
    DD Born 10/20/17

• @julesdp I hear ya on keeping it a secret. Soooo hard! DHs brother is visiting in a couple weeks, no idea how we will keep it a secret.

@dragonfly87 have fun on your trip!!!!

@heatherdubrow thank you! Sometimes I can't even tell if something is a symptom or just my normal crazy body lol. Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

@kyersten whooo hoo! So excited for you to have your scan and graduate!

@adirat good luck tomorrow!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I'm glad everything looks good! For what it's worth my RLP started as soon as I found out I was pregnant...
  • @heatherdubrow the conflicting information was definitely confusing. Either way, I'm giving myself a "first time mom pass" for this one. I decided I get one per trimester :p

• @mispanda thanks, it really can be scary. Agreed on the can't wait to get out of first tri...even though I want to be enjoying every minute. Wishing you a boring first tri <3

• @DuchessOfCambridge I'm glad everything was ok. I'm having a lot of stretching pain too. The RE said it's perfectly normal and for FTMs especially. Whether it's defined as RLP or not.

(does anyone else mix up RLP and RPL? I swear I can't get out of ttc mode) 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I am so glad to hear everything is okay and it is reassuring. 

@mispanda I understand completely, it's really hard to enjoy this time when we are plagued with so much anxiety. But we have to try! Hugs! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • By the way, @dragonfly87 today is your ticker change day! Though I don't see one started yet

• dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge Haha, I was just thinking of that!

ETA: It's my lunch hour, but have zero appetite and just got a wave of nausea and a headache...so the Bump is the best use of my time. Contemplating starting the ticker thread...but haven't decided.
  • @mispanda That's a 24 hour doubling time, so you're good.
    @DuchessofCambridge That's great to hear! Hope the pain subsides soon.
    @adirat I've been using RPL for repeated loss panel sometimes too. Too lazy to type it out anymore.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @slaven I just happen to look into that today.  Maybe this link will help.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3114665/
  • @mispanda Thanks. I found stuff that wasn't official saying that because oral use of salicylic has shown to maybe cause adverse affects that pregnant women also shouldn't use it topically, though it's barely absorbed into the skin and there really isn't a lot of studies on its topical use. Now I want to have a healthy baby, but I'm not going to freak out over every little thing simply because a study hasn't been done.  
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven I just got rid of some of my products and bought new ones.   A lot of what I read gives a non direct answer of it shouldn't hurt but no studies have been done........  besides it gave an excuse to buy new stuff!

• @mispanda New stuff is always great! I have just four of these things left and don't plan to buy more, but like what is four topical treatments spaced out over a few weeks really going to do? What's funny is that I've been in Korea for 2 years and have yet to try a lot of Korean skin care. I had a set of Korean herbal facials for my hyper pigmentation and they were great. I'm keeping up with my sunblock and hoping to use the four peels I have to get rid of the last bit of acne scars I have. I'm thinking of getting an at home face steamer because I like having that done during facials. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @mispanda do you mind sharing what you purchased? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Second @jess0211's question! Just out of curiousity. I've found that if I deviate from neutrogena's pink grapefruit face wash I break out so that's all I use. It has a bit of salicylic acid in it but not enough to cause any harm I don't think. Luckily I have pretty good skin, but I never wear makeup so maybe that helps. 

• @duchessofcambridge: I might have to look into some face washes. I haven't had acne since I was a teenager and don't wear makeup, so my skin has done pretty well. Today, I woke up with a breakout on my neck, chest and forehead. I feel like I am going through puberty all over again.  :s
  • jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @dragonfly87 me too! Eta chin, chest and forehead here. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonfly I'm telling you, neutrogena pink grapefruit. One by the sink, one in the bathtub. I of course will still get a zit here and there but mostly I have clear skin. I also use aveeno face moisturizer. I hope none of this is bad for my baby. 

Sidenote: my friend who is ~30 weeks pregnant has really terrible acne right now and has had it since she got pregnant. I am grateful that's not a symptom I have so far. 

• I've always had hormonal acne when I got PMS but so far not too much since my BFP. I had one spot that went away within a day with no pimple cream or anything. I'm using Clinique Liquid Facial soap for very dry to dry skin. I actually don't have really dry skin and have more combination skin but other face washes along with pimple/acne scar treatments dry me out. It helps make my skin look more supple but the formula doesn't work well with my clarisonic. I use an apple cider vinegar toner, 1:1 with water. Morning moisturizer is Clinique Moisturizing lotion. I like that it's a pump and even though I get an oily forehead it gives a good balance between supple skin and oiliness. I do blot sometimes in the afternoon. I then put on a nutregena face sunscreen with SPF 70. I had a nutregena lotion with SPF 15 but it made me super oily and I didn't think it was SPF enough which I need to make sure my hyper pigmentation doesn't get worse. At night I use Origins night-amins cream and rosehip oil for moisturizer and a Sephora eye cream. The Origins cream works well but now that I'm at the bottom of the container I don't like that I have to dip my finger in because it gets under my finger nail. Same with the Sephora eye cream. The clinique moisturizer is in a pump bottle which I like but isn't strong enough for night. Even though I have acne prone skin and tend to be oily I find that good moisturizing helps keep my skin look supple, healthy, and glowy. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @jess0211 I picked some things up from the Simple line.  I got their face lotion and face wash.  I really like the foaming face wash.  I feel it rinses off well. I also use their face wipes on top of the face wash to make sure I get everything off my face. The lotion does its job, the lack of smell makes it 'smell weird' if you can understand that.  If I end up not liking it there was some simply pure face lotion that I might get from Honest Co.

This is the lotion I got.  I tried to put a picture in but it wasn't working so I'll just put a link.  They have a full product line.  I've scanned the ingredients and everything looks good but I could have missed something- wouldn't be the first time.
    https://www.target.com/p/simple-replenishing-rich-facial-moisturizer-4-2-oz/-/A-13904014?sid=2818S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health+Beauty+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Health+Beauty&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9017490&gclid=CjwKEAjwkq7GBRDun9iu2JjyhmsSJADHCD_HVG0eXmCtcwAgqBjEcrUU3MFCI1ipzSgIkIvhFJ2buxoCC1Lw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• I've had some acne since BFP. Unfortunately the RE advised me to avoid salicylic acid so I've been off that, too. I started using an oil-based cleanser by Whish that has no endocrine-disruptor ingredients so I'm hoping it helps.

• edited March 2017
    @adirat can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!
    @NYTino24 how did yesterday's appointment go?

• @adirat that's so amazing and I am so happy to hear it :)

• @adirat that's so great!!!!