September 2017 Moms

TWD Fans

How do you do it? I am very behind the 8 ball on this show, and just started binge watching it. I'm on season 2 and this is not a good show for pregnant women. This show is SO stressful.

Re: TWD Fans

• It is very addictive. We binge watched it until we got caught up
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 were you pregnant? I mean this is horrible. I'm on the episode where they attack the farm, and I've never been so emotionally invested in fictional characters. I think I need an intervention.

• Loading the player...
  • I love the walking dead! Negan is giving me life! lol I love a good villain! I binged watched 4 seasons in 3 days.. 
  • DPandMB said:
    @Hopefulmommy1980 were you pregnant? I mean this is horrible. I'm on the episode where they attack the farm, and I've never been so emotionally invested in fictional characters. I think I need an intervention.
    Just wait until you get to this season they are on now. It's crazy 
  • @kelseyrayay I haven't made it that far yet. Shane just died and the farm was just attacked.

• This show is fantastic! But yes I probably wouldn't has done great with starting it while pregnant! But oh yeah there's just something  about neegan that makes me so hot inside mmhmmm but then I also hate him? How? @kelseyrayay
  • @lap018 he is just sexy lol I love Jeffery dean Morgan. He has a way of pulling you in. 
  • @lap018 I agree. So sexy and so evil. 

@dpandmb i can imagine there were parts I cried like a baby in even when I wasn't pregnant. The show is an emotional roller coaster. But we love it
  • I forgot about Shane!  I remember being bummed he died he was pretty cute, but went a little cray.   You have so much farther to go though!  

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• The last episode I watched yesterday Lorie died. WTF. How can you not only kill her off, but make her son do it? I can't handle. This show might put me in therapy. 

• @DPandMB that is a rough one. I probably couldn't handle the earlier days of this show right now lol. It seems to get better and not as gut wrenching as the show gets father into the seasons (with the exception of the group meeting neegan, my husband and I both needed drinks after those episodes ) but those earlier seasons are brutal 
  • This is making me want to go re watch the old seasons!   It's a tough world out there,  Carl needs to get tough!

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• @DPandMB You are a trooper for watching them in such quick succession. I think part of why I was able to deal with the emotions is because I always had at least a week in between episodes so not too much all at once. Even when we watched on Netflix, we had to wait a week between episodes. That show makes DH so nervous, he needs some serious cool down in between.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @Lizlann it's hard watching back to back, but I can't stop. I get nervous too. I should allow a cool down, but the end of each episode. I can't. 

• @lap018 and @kelseyrayay maybe in crazy, but I absolutely can't stand Neegan. I loved TWD up until this fall. I keep telling DH that I'll only watch it with him if they kill Neegan. And it hasn't happened yet...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know this is resurrecting an old thread, but can there please be a support group for TWD. I mean seriously. I'm too unstable for this show.

• @lap018 and @kelseyrayay maybe in crazy, but I absolutely can't stand Neegan. I loved TWD up until this fall. I keep telling DH that I'll only watch it with him if they kill Neegan. And it hasn't happened yet...
    I love the actor and think he is sexy, but Negan is just gross. From what I've heard in my mom's group, lot of people feel the same way.
  • Right that's what we are saying he (the person) is fine af! But Negan and everything he does and how messed up he is makes us hate him. @lilpoots
  • @dpandmb how far are you into the show now?
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 I'm on season 5 now. Its right after they escaped Terminus and are. Ow at the church. I can't handle it. Anything with Judith makes me cry and hug my babies.  

• Ive been avoiding this thread until I caught up just in case there were spoilers. I cant tell you how many times I have nearly had a heart attack watching this show! I keep coming back for more. Can we talk this season?  is anyone else as annoyed as I am by how the junkyard people talk? I am sure its done that way to stay true to the comic ( I haven't read them) but its so unnatural and disjointed. I cannot wait to see where this season finishes off.. except I can because I am SO scared they are going to kill off a favourite character- again. 
  • DPandMBDPandMB member
    edited March 2017

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO They just killed Beth. :'(:'(:'(

• @Souptin OMG those speech patterns drive me crazy. I mean the zombie apocalypse has not been happening for so long that you forgot how to speak properly. Those people are super weird in general. Maybe where they chose to build their society just makes them extra cray cray.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • @DPandMB

the beth thing was rough I think I cried on that one.  Poor Darryl....

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• edited March 2017
    @dpandmb I cried when Beth died. Hershel was one the hardest deaths. So sad. Poor Maggie. 
  • kelseyrayaykelseyrayay member
    edited March 2017
    I wish we could get rid of rosita. She is screwing everything up and her attitude now is awful. 

• @kelseyrayay Right??? She's so annoying!! I love the show, but lately it's been a little dry. I find that I'm easily distracted while watching it...
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• DPandMBDPandMB member
    edited March 2017
    @Hopefulmommy1980 yes. Hershel was so sad. I am now on the episodes where they found the Alexandria community, and I am not sure how I feel about it. Carol has gotten super weird.

ETA to say Sash and Rick have also lost their mind now. WTF. Starting to not like this season.

• I read that IRL she is pregnant- Im curious if they are going to write the pregnancy into the show or avoid it like they did when Tara ( Alana Masterson) was pregnant last season.
  • @DPandMB i think the season you were on isn't my favorite,  but the current season is awesome so it does pick back up,  just gotta get through it

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• @DPandMB i think the season you were on isn't my favorite,  but the current season is awesome so it does pick back up,  just gotta get through it
    Oh I'm not leaving. I just found it to be annoying. 

• @dpandmb that season was not my favorite either. Keep watching. This season is awesome 

@kelseyrayay yes!!! She is so annoying. I wish they would get rid of her
  • NO!!! Not Glenn!!!

• @DPandMB ugh those were the worst episodes, hubs and I considered not watching the show anymore after the rick/carl with negan scene and then the one you referenced above. Just sickening 
  • @DPandMB you Are almost caught up! Soon you will have to wait a week in between episodes!  Except the season finale is in 2 episodes I think

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• @DPandMB you Are almost caught up! Soon you will have to wait a week in between episodes!  Except the season finale is in 2 episodes I think

I'm not sure what I will do when I run out of episodes on Netflix. This season wont be on Netflix, so I guess I will have to see if they are on demand or on AMC app or something.

• You are so close to catch up
  • The season is $25 on Amazon prime is SD if you get desperate

Married since 11/25/2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• DPandMBDPandMB member
    edited March 2017
    So Glenn came back, so he didn't die, but I do know that he dies next season. I still am just not equipped to handle this show.

ETA to say, why does Carl keep getting shot? Can't we just leave him and Judith alone?