Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3/16

• How far along are you? 20 weeks

How big is baby? Banana

Upcoming appointments this week? Upcoming Monday A/S!

Any new symptoms or changes? Breaking out like crazy!  Skin is super dry and I look horrible. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? DD had a big milestone yesterday. She's been potty trained since October but has worn diapers at nap and night.  She took her nap in panties for the first time and woke up dry. Yay!

GTKY: What's on your bucket list? 
    Travel to every state in the US (only have the NE and NW left). Visit all the well known Frank Lloyd Wright homes across the US. See the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany.  I'm sure there's more but these are the first that come to mind. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    19 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    mango
    Upcoming appointments this week?
    none
    Any new symptoms or changes?
    I was just beginning to think the MS had gone away because I hadn't thrown up in a week and a half...until I threw up yesterday morning.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    This is not pregnancy related, but I HATE this time change! Pitch black in the mornings combined with it being cold (I live in Louisiana, it should be hot by now!), I just straight up cannot get out of bed.
    Traveling...to Greece, Ireland, an Alaskan cruise. I also want to swim with manatees. There's a bunch more, I just cannot think of anything right now!

@bumpybump that's so cool that you've only got 2 states left!! I've barely left the south coast! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @bumpybump +1 for wanting to see the Neuschwanstein Castle!! It's so beautiful it looks fake in pictures. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NatSprat0703 I have more than two states left. NE = Northeast and NW = Northwest. I've hit some of the states in that area but not all. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 20 weeks! I've been so excited for this day. I keep having Bon Jovi run through my head- "Whooooaaa we're halfway there-re, whoa-oh! Livin' on a prayer-er!"

How big is baby? A 6.5 inch long banana. 

Upcoming appointments this week? The "big" ultrasound is this coming Tuesday. Very excited. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Getting more clumsy, like dropping keys, or dropping make-up. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave- I'm feeling the baby more and more. Mostly like fizz bubbles but an occasional big bubble, which is probably a kick or punch. 

Get to Santorini, Greece at some point. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 18 weeks! 

How big is baby? size of a sweet potato, croissant, or artichoke! take your pick! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Anatomy scan on 3/27...can't wait! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Headaches still here, but the breakouts on my face really calmed down...thank goodness!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm still keeping up with the gym. Yesterday had some cramping, nothing painful, just discomfort. Called the doctor to make sure it's okay, she said yes. If it's painful or there's bleeding I should be  concerned, she said it's likely muscle movements. Anyone else having this? 

I don't have one ultimate goal, just a whole  bunch. One would be to do another multi-city Euro trip...but that won't happen for a while. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • secicc12 said:
    @bumpybump +1 for wanting to see the Neuschwanstein Castle!! It's so beautiful it looks fake in pictures. 
    Oh I've been there! It's pretty incredible from the outside. My few pictures are pretty crappy because we were there at a time of day where the sun was just in the way. If you want to get that more distant picture that's used in advertisements you have to hike a long way away and get on a bridge (which we saw was packed). We didn't make the hike, so I have a few close-up pictures.
    From the inside it's kind of a disappointment. It was only about a third finished. Don't get me wrong, the finished rooms are really cool, but you'd just think there was more to see.

The castle I really want to see is the one in Romania that's considered Dracula's castle. Forgot what it's called.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bumpybump ohhhh lmao.  I was sitting there trying to figure out what state NW was :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?  17 weeks 1 day

How big is baby? pomegranate

Upcoming appointments this week? none this week

Any new symptoms or changes? hips and back been hurting so much especially the other day after I deep cleaned the kitchen.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I want to go to Jamaica and Bahamas since that is where my DH family is from and I plan to take him to El Salvador that is where my parents are from.
  • @jacksonbears I find my muscles are sore after working out (even doing the same pre-pregnancy exercises.) With all the changes, its hard to tell what is from the gym and what is baby related. If I find myself having too many cramps, I try to lay low the next day or limit myself to cardio. I mentioned upper back pain last week, and I panicked, but I think it was weight lifting related. I try to tell myself that if there is no bleeding, I am okay. I know PGAL brain makes it hard!

How far along are you? 
    18 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    the size of croissant or artichoke. 
    Today! And hopefully I can schedule my AS
    Extreme exhaustion and vision problems. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: My inlaws keep saying how they want a girl. I think it's already decided folks....
    I am lame and don't have one! And I am not one to travel. 
  • How far along are you?  
     16 weeks today

How big is baby? 
     An Avocado

Nope

Stretch marks!? I got a total of two with DD. One above my belly button and one on my hip. Last weekend I was in the dressing room at TJ Max with their super bright lighting and could see sooooo many spidering down. I yelled to my MIL next door "wtf?" I'm not even stretched that far.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I got a week pass to test out a local gym and to start swimming for exercise so I ordered a maternity bathing suit and it was delivered yesterday. I was so excited to go the gym last night! But the bathing suit was too big and they don't carry it in store at target so I have to exchange it and wait for the new one to go. 

Eh, I've got nothing at this point. I just can't wait to be spontaneous and adventurous again.
  • thanks @kudlica27, i can't fathom not getting a workout in. I know I'll have to take it easy over the next few months. Btw, we're the same due date!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 
    20 weeks and I am with @DeansGirl14 HALFWAY THERE!!!!

How big is baby? 
    Banana

I had a doctor ordered prenatal massage.... OMG it was amazing. I get three hours of prenatal covered by insurance and 1 hour post partum. I am taking advantage of that!!! 

My next baby appointment is in three weeks

I feel like I regressed slightly. I have been feeling great until this weekend. I lost a lot of energy and started getting smell/food aversions again. I gag on multiple occasions throughout the day and the smell of cooking shrimp made me throw up two nights ago. What's up with that? I was feeling SO great! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm just ready for spring. I get cabin fever so bad every year at this time. I just want to take my kids outside to play. I want to walk around my neighborhood and I want to ditch this jacket. 

I am super excited to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow. My husband and I both took off early to go to the 2:30. I have been obsessing about this movie since I found out it was actually going to be made. 

I am kind of weird because I have a bunch of bucket lists. I have a cooking bucket list that includes making creme brulee and risotto. I have a travel in the US bucket list and a travel outside of the US bucket list along with a traditional activity bucket list with things like going up in a hot air balloon, zip lining, swim with dolphins etc... 
  • How far along are you? 
    20 weeks

How big is baby? 
    6.5 inches

I had my anatomy ultrasound end of last week, and I have my OB appointment today. Dr. said the anatomy pics all looked fantastic. It's a relief to know my little one is doing well in there.

My skin is way more oily now. Had to switch to a different cleaning regime to fight it. Successful so far.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    1) 
    I've had a head cold the past couple of days. Ugh! It really stinks to not be able to take anything helpful for this bug! Just Tylenol, a humidifier, hot lemon water, and a sinus rinse are all I have on my side. That and I'm not able to take any time off work, since I am using the little PTO they give me for my doctor appointments. Holding out for the weekend to get some real sleep.

2) My MIL is making me nervous. DH and I have been planning a small gender reveal party and she has been questioning me about details as though she thinks I'm not capable of planning it on my own. She loves planning parties, so it's hard for her to not be involved (I gave her the baby shower to plan in hopes this would help). I'm having flashbacks of when she unnecessarily brought extra food and table centers (without being asked) to my bridal shower that my Maid of Honor planned. Very embarrassing.

She has also been rubbing my belly and saying "How is our little girl doing". She really wants it to be a girl. Boy is she going to be surprised. Hehe.

The two things on my mind right now are:
    1) Starting and finishing this really elaborate tapestry/cross-stitch pattern I have had for ages. There are at least 60 different thread colors... it's very large... and going to take a very long time to complete.
    2) Finally having the tea tree and herbal tea garden I've always dreamed of... I want to concoct my own teas at home.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    19 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Mango 
    We had our AS Tuesday and WE (DH and I) KNOW what baby is - we're doing the reveal Saturday!  SOOOOO excited and actually loving all the guilt trips from family and friends for not spilling the beans immediately  :)  I think it will make for really funny stories, they're not convinced haha.
    Feeling the baby move more now and it's super fun!  
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Unrelated to pregnancy but I took Monday and Tuesday off - came back to work and one of my instrument computers wouldn't turn on.  IT had been in to do some updates and 'broke' it.  Really it was 'just' the motherboard and everything was fixable and I didn't lose data.  But still.  Not loving on IT this week. 
    Put the addition on our house (which isn't very buckety, but I can't wait to get it done) and travel to Townsville in Australia - for the sole reason that the town's name is Townsville - cracks me up. Although it does really look like a cool place to go.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 LIVIN' ON A PRAAAAAAAAAAYER! LOL

@emmeline714 I've been having hip pain too. I have been doing this one stretch a few times a day that has helped SO MUCH. https://www.bodiempowerment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Piriformis-stretch-seated.jpg (sorry about the link. My work comp. blocks photo sites so gifs and images aren't possible for me right now)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Upcoming appointments this week? A/S a week from today!!!!!  We'll find out if it's a boy or girl at this apt.

Any new symptoms or changes? I can feel baby now, more every day!  So exciting!  But I think I'm having round ligament pain today.  Ouch.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Last day of work tomorrow.  It's hard to not feel judged (especially by those who work their entire pregnancies), but each mom needs to make their own decision.  I have a connective tissue disorder, so from the outside I look fine and healthy, but that's not always true.

Having this baby!  Lol!  I've also always wanted to go to Fiji ever since I found out it was 72 degrees there year round :smiley:
  • @happylifex3 I went to an aquatics class this week for the first time since pregnancy and it felt great!  Totally recommend getting in the water.  My belly kind of seemed to be out of place though, like I had a balloon in the front of my swim suit :)
  • How far along are you? 
    18 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    An artichoke
    Tuesday I have an appointment with the OB and the AS!  Then the husband has an appointment- busy day.
    I'm in pain.  I shouldn't have worked 6 days last week, but I did and its excruciating.  My hips and lower back hurt.  It's extending through my tail bone and down my butt and left leg.  Where I sit at work is terribly uncomfortable and if I could kick, I would kick myself for working too much.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    These headaches are killer.  I wish they'd stop.
    New Zealand and Maldives and I've always wanted to find the cabin where my grandfather grew up in upstate New York.  Even it's not there anymore, I'd like to visit the town.

• @Feliciosity thanks so much I am going to try it, as well i need a prenatal massage probably is what I need. I hate round ligament pains too
  • @MrsPlatz I didnt even think about a class! Ill have to look into that. I never swam while pregnant with DD so I'm curious to see what the balloon feels like. My bathing suits getting delivered today so i cant wait!!
  • How far along are you? 
    I'm 17 weeks 2 days
    How big is baby? 
    The size of a turnip
    No
    Not really
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I tested positive for flu.  My 5 year old started showing symptoms last night.
  • @Milsby Sorry! Feel better! 
  • @Milsby how are you feeling? 

@jacksonbears how's the cramping? Better? 
  • @Kudlica27 I'm better, but it's been a long week.  I'm still coughing quite a bit, but getting more sleep.  Thanks for asking.