November 2017 Moms

Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

Re: Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

• MKMandevilleMKMandeville member
    edited March 2017
    I'm currently 6 weeks and 2 days and have had very minimal symptoms and the ones I have had don't seem to last that long. Week 3-4 sore left nipple, week 4-5 mild nausea, nose bleeds and sore right nipple, week 6 tugging pulling feeling in pelvic area and the feeling of being hungry but food being gross. Plus week 4-6 really bad cold. 

Our first will be 3 in May so the first trimester is a bit of a blur but I thought I would have more symptoms or more intense symptoms by now. Now I'm starting to worry myself and get overly emotional about the thought that we have another unviable pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Night sweats. One of those things that never happens to me when I'm not pregnant. No nausea yet though. Fingers crossed that stays away. I had it BAD with my son from 8-26 weeks until they let me go back on my Prilosec. I even tore my esophagus :-/
  • @vassellbillings1@2Dash I have been soooo cold too! I usually sleep in a tank top and shorts at night and the past week I've been sleeping in pants and a sweatshirt. It's as if I can just never be warm enough, I was wondering if this was a pregnancy symptom, I'm glad someone else is experiencing this! It doesn't help we had a crazy amount of snow yesterday and it's 15 degrees today  :/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh...I woke up at 4:00am with the worst leg cramps that felt like shin splints. My right leg still hurts. Has anyone been experiencing this?

Also, I have struggled with insomnia for awhile...to the point that I only sleep for 2-3 hours a night. I finally got it under control about 2.5 months ago when I started taking Natural Calm (magnesium supplement) at night. It reduced my wake ups throughout the night from 5-10 times down to 2-3 and with the ability to fall back asleep. I haven't talked with my doctor or done a tone of research (what I read seems inconclusive), but the Natural Calm bottle says to check with your doctor to take it during pregnancy. 

So to be cautious, I decided not to take it last night. I got a whole 3.5 hours of sleep. I cannot go back to having insomnia and I plan to ask my doctor at some point. But does anyone know about Natural Calm being safe during pregnancy?
  • Ugh, I'm nauseated today.  I hope this doesn't continue.  I'm sorry to the gals that experience this all the time.  Also my boobs are starting to hurt.  Boo.
  • Based on my ultrasound yesterday, I'm not 7 weeks 1 day.  I'm nervous because I'm having cramping on my lower left side, pretty mild but still. I had cramps when I wasn't as far along, 4-5 weeks, and that was implantation still I guess? Everything went great yesterday, so not ectopic (so good!) TW: I haven't been this far(with a baby) miscarried at 8 weeks, but baby stopped growing at 6.  /Tw  Is it normal to continue to cramp?  I messaged my dr too, so hopefully she'll be getting back to me soon! Would this just be my uterus stretching?
  • Has anyone else had fluctuating symptoms?

I woke up this morning actually feeling fine which freaks me out (at this point I would rather feel nauseous and sore because it's reassuring)! 

Trying to decide if I should email my RE nurse or if I'm just freaking out for no reason.
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kyersten I definitely get that! Woke up fine this morning.
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @kyersten  I have had this too! Some days I wake up, not tired, not sore boobs.. sometimes it changes throughout the day! I'll be fine and then BAM! Tired and crampy and queasy... 
  • @kyersten I get this too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm the slightest bit nauseous (I think I'm just hungry bc it's lunchtime) but I'm legitimately thrilled about it.

• @dragonfly87 I've had middle of the night leg cramps with both of my previous pregnancies, but not with this one yet. I'm sure they're coming, I got them at least once a week and they were my least favorite pregnancy symptom.  :(
  • Ugh...I woke up at 4:00am with the worst leg cramps that felt like shin splints. My right leg still hurts. Has anyone been experiencing this?

Also, I have struggled with insomnia for awhile...to the point that I only sleep for 2-3 hours a night. I finally got it under control about 2.5 months ago when I started taking Natural Calm (magnesium supplement) at night. It reduced my wake ups throughout the night from 5-10 times down to 2-3 and with the ability to fall back asleep. I haven't talked with my doctor or done a tone of research (what I read seems inconclusive), but the Natural Calm bottle says to check with your doctor to take it during pregnancy. 

So to be cautious, I decided not to take it last night. I got a whole 3.5 hours of sleep. I cannot go back to having insomnia and I plan to ask my doctor at some point. But does anyone know about Natural Calm being safe during pregnancy?

• As for the shin splints I woke up in tears over this very frequently with DD but if you can flex your foot back to get your toes up as far as you can and hold it there it does help! Hurts like crazy I know, but I was told it is normal.
    my hands also go numb when I'm sleeping sometimes. It only when I'm pregnant.

as for the ask your doctor warning, my prenatal vitamins say that too, so I would definitely ask if only to ease your mind but I think they have to put that on almost everything anymore.
  • Thanks everyone! That makes me feel better :) I feel paranoid about everything right now!

DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @kyersten i'm experiencing the exact same thing! I'm a bit worried as well... Am still tired and sore boobs but not so nauseated anymore. So i guess it's normal, reading the other replies?
  • Is it common to have nose bleeds while pregnant? I keep getting them in the morning. Also, my nausea has gotten way more intense. I've spent my last few mornings trying to hold perfectly still so I don't throw up
  • ChattyKitty17 Thanks for the tip. I was almost in tears around 4:00am because it wouldn't stop and I couldn't sleep. I will definitely try the exercise you mentioned if it happens again.

I also got an email from my OB that she isn't familiar with Natural Calm, but suggests not using non-FDA regulated supplements during pregnancy. She said to take Tylenol PM and if it doesn't work to schedule an appt to try other meds. Ugh...I hate actual sleep medications though. I have tried Zquil, Unisom, and others with no success. They make me groggy and get stuck in a foggy haze. Natural Calm is the first thing that has reliably worked well...so it's frustrating to hear her recommendation on it.
  • I also don't like Tylenol pm, I used to take it in college because sleeping in a dorm was not good for me, but I don't use it since DD because I am so out of the and groggy the next day.
  • @Hbeveridge - from what my OB has told me in the past, yes. I have had bleeding gums be an issue during a previous pregnancy and was told that and/or nosebleeds can definitely happen. It typically doesn't happen to me until a bit further into things. If it is concerning, it never hurts to just put in a call to your OB or a nurse at the office and give them a heads up. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Per @kschref bringing up bleeding gums I'm being extra good about flossing since my dentist told me it's way easier to get gum disease when pregnant 

• @Hbeveridge Yes, it's normal and usually due to an overall increase in blood volume. I had a lot in my first pregnancy.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Being bad and using dr google to diagnose my left side sharp pain. It's really hard not to think ECTOPIC PREGNANCY right now. I've been having some pains but they've gone away and this hasn't, it's just a consistent sharp pain on the left side of my abdomen. Boo pregnancy pains. I guess right now there's nothing I can really do but call my dr in the morning if it hasn't gone away. 

• @ChattyKitty17 omg the hands going numb while sleeping. I totally forgot about that happening in my last pregnancy all the time. It was not fun! 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I had forgotten about it too until I woke up and couldn't feel my phone to shut off my alarm.
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    Thinking of you @DuchessofCambridge. Is it possibly gas?
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • How are you doing @DuchessOfCambridge? I'd definitely call this morning if you are still feeling a sharp pain on only one side. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @DuchessOfCambridge how are you doing this morning? Last week I had some random pains on my right side, they didn't stick around. I think you're a week behind me...maybe it's just some random early pregnancy thing. Thinking of you <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hope the pain doesn't return @DuchessOfCambridge
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I cannot speak for everyone who has experienced one but we had an Ectopic in September. We were "lucky" enough to catch it super early (4-5) weeks because we just had a early miscarriage the month before. For what I experienced it felt like a balloon inflating in my lower pelvic area. But from what I understand Ectopics are classified anything out of the uterus and can happen anywhere.  Do you have an ultrasound set up to rule it out? 

The sharp pain you were experiencing could be round ligament pain. I have had a lot of that this week already. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I am exactly the same way, it just seems scarier now because I am pregnant. Oh the worry. Fx the pain stays away

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MKMandeville I don't have an u/s until April 13 and I've been having some pain but it usually goes away after a minute. Last night it was there for an hour until I fell asleep. I feel it slightly right now so I'm going to call my dr and see what they think

• @DuchessOfCambridge I hope they will be able to ease your mind some. It sounds like it is just your uterus growing but it is always best to rule everything else out just to be safe. Please keep us updated. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge  I had the same thing when I was 4-5 weeks.  I got an U/S and they found my little bean in my uterus on my left side.  It was still some implantation cramps.  I was crying one day because it hurt so badly.  My dr also said my utuerus could be tipped to one side, int his case the right side, so your left side is pulling more as it expands! I was worried about ectopic pregnancy too! I hope you get it figured out! I know every pain I have is worrisome...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge frankly if I were you, I would just ask to be checked. Ectopics are best resolved the sooner detected. Although in your case it does sound like RLP but why take a guess? Unless going to the dr is really hard to do, I think it's worthwhile a trip for peace of mind. 

I had an ectopic last sep and we actually never found the pregnancy. I only knew because we never found anything and my HCG was not rising normally. My dr literally did USs every three days because while he did not want to dismiss the pregnancy he just did not want to take a chance on the ectopic. I had zero symptoms on pain and even then he said it's not worth not double checking.