July 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change- Ides of March Edition

Thought Id give @MrsLa3 a break and start this for fellow Wednesday ladies. 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Describe your favorite meal to cook (or have cooked for you!) If you feel up to it, share the recipe. 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change- Ides of March Edition

• oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a grapefruit (my favorite fruit!)

Upcoming appointments this week? I had an appointment yesterday. Everything went great. I have to schedule my glucose test in the next two weeks so I have my results prior to my next appointment.  

Any new symptoms or changes? Nope!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I scheduled my monthly appointment for April. After that, my appointments will be every two weeks. I can't believe we are closing in on our third trimester. 

GTKY: Describe your favorite meal to cook (or have cooked for you!) If you feel up to it, share the recipe. I love making spaghetti and meatballs on a lazy Sunday. My grandfather taught me his recipe and whenever I make it I think of being in the kitchen with him when I was younger. I always love to cook, and I am the only member of my family that took the time to learn his recipe while he was able to make it. He is 89 and has dementia so these memories are extra special to me. 

My apologies for the bold, I'm on mobile and it won't switch to regular text. 

Edit it to correct grammar. 
  • Lol I think I was typing it up as you posted it. I'll change mine!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Candylope as DD calls it. 

I had one Friday but rescheduled for Monday.

nope, everything is still the same. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Yay for stronger baby kicks. SPD can kiss.my.ass. andplusalso I've been mia for a few days from low blood sugar spouts. I've tried to comment here and there but I haven't been too involved. 

GTKY: Describe your favorite meal to cook (or have cooked for you!) If you feel up to it, share the recipe. 
    my favorite is spaghetti, mashed potatoes, peas, and garlic bread. Basically carbs, just all the carbs. 
  • Ah @MrsLa3 we are on the same wavelength today! Hope I didn't step on your toes by starting the thread. My bad!
  • oheliza44 said:
    Ah @MrsLa3 we are on the same wavelength today! Hope I didn't step on your toes by starting the thread. My bad!
    No not at all!
  • sdang1sdang1 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby?
    papaya/ear of corn

not until next week

baby is moving and kicking alot, and I swear my bump got smaller the last 2 days. I'm thinking baby moved!! Also, I'm not little worried about this, anyone else itchy? It's not just my stomach, my back, arms, and boobs itch. Especially after dinner/shower at night. I'm going to mention it next week at my dr appt but wasn't sure if anyone else felt this way.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    we did our registry this past week and I'm so excited yet picking everything is so hard!! You never know what baby will like! I'm going to keep all boxes of products just incase

omg. Italian, anything!!! I love pasta!!! All the carbs for me too!!! 

• How far along are you? 24 weeks. Will have to V-day gif a day late tomorrow. 

How big is baby?  
    An ear of corn

I had my glucose test this morning. I guess I'll find out on Monday if everything is okay. 

Braxton hicks time! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? @MrsLa3 I am totally with you on the SPD. I had to go to an award banquet event tonight and wearing heels was a terrible idea. I'm in so much pain now. 

Gumbo, hands down! I don't follow a strict ingredient recipe and just toss in whatever proteins I have on hand (chicken, andouille, crawfish tails, shrimp, crab legs, etc.) so it always tastes slightly different. I love how my husband's face lights up when he smells the roux and knows gumbo is coming. 
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks! (And 1 day technically but I forgot to post yesterday)

How big is baby? A cantaloupe or an eggplant. I don't understand The Bump app's measurement calculations...22 weeks was corn on the cob, 23 weeks was grapefruit and now cantaloupe. I've never seen a grapefruit bigger than an ear of corn....

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope! I still need to call the office and make my next appointment, but it's supposed to be the beginning of April 

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really, just smooth sailing so far over here!! The baby's movements are getting really strong and my belly has been appearing much more round these days. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am SO over the cold weather. I hate walking from the bus stop to the office in freezing cold wind. Plus my belly has outgrown my coat, so I can't even bundle up. Spring needs to hurry!!

Hmmm this is a tough one! There's a lot I enjoy cooking. One of the easiest and one of our favorites is a roasted chicken. I put a whole chicken in my Dutch oven and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sometimes thyme, parsley or poultry seasoning. Stuff the cavity with celery sticks and onion quarters. Chop up carrots and potatoes and add to the pot, filling in the area around the chicken so it's all nicely packed in there. Chop up about 2-3 tablespoons of cold butter and place on top of the chicken and veggies. Add some water to the pot (not too much). Bake in the oven at 375 degrees with the lid on for 2 hours. You can remove the lid at the end if you want really crispy skin. My mom makes it this way and I just love a whole roasted chicken with veggies. I usually make a green veggie to eat on the side with the carrots and potatoes, like sautéed kale or steamed broccoli. YUM.
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks (+1 oops forgot to post yesterday)

How big is baby? 
    Package of Oreos? Eggplant

No but baby girl and I took our first trip to the hospital last night. I was having weird cramping all day yesterday and hadn't felt her move all day. Around lunch I chugged OJ to get her moving. Nothing. So after work I called the OB on call and ended up going to the hospital for a non-stress test. Of course, as soon as they strap the monitor on, she starts wiggling around and doesn't stop moving the whole time we were there. Way to make me look like an overreacting FTM. lol

Weird cramps yesterday. see above. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

I love making roast with potatoes in the crockpot because it's easy and delicious. I also love this lemon/butter/garlic/cream/chicken/spinach meal: https://damndelicious.net/2014/12/31/lemon-butter-chicken/

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks!

How big is baby? Grapefruit? I call bs though, cause last week he was a coconut, and coconuts are WAY bigger than grapefruits. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week, finally! I'm back with my midwife. Hoping to find out what I'm doing about the glucose test. 

Any new symptoms or changes? My one foot keeps going numb off and on when I'm in certain positions. I'm going to ask about this. It's been happening for weeks, but now it's more frequent. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The first half of this month just really sucked in general, so I'm hoping the second half starts looking up! 

My go to comfort food is rice and beans, normally with lots of nooch and curry powder. My husband makes this AMAZING halushki. Idk how he does it, but it's delicious. But there are so many other things I love to make and enjoy my husband making for me. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kat0607 That's weird - I had coconut before grapefruit!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I had coconut last week too. 

@Rae1 glad everything was ok. I did that with DD around 28 weeks, the L&D gave me their number and if it was a labor question/concern or something that may need a hospital visit I called them. They were good about making a desicion to come in right away or call my OB. FWIW I only called twice but I was in labor..
  • How far along are you?
    24w3d 
    How big is baby?
    Cantaloupe 
    Not until next week 
    Lots of heartburn, and so much movement!
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Being in L&D was NOT how I wanted to spend my St. Patrick's Day...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker