November 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• @DuchessofCambridge Man, I long for the days of being hooked up to a city sewer system. On the other hand, it's nice to have a well and not have to pay for my drinking water.

Also ~TMI~ I haven't actually used tampons in over two years so I hardly remember all the fuss. When I was on Yaz, my period was so light I got by with a pantyliner, and after that, I started using a menstrual cup. Man, I saved so much money with that thing.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTT?!?!?

That's like a big no no even if you live in the city.  I've had previous employers post flyers in the bathroom not to do that.  I've had apartment buildings put that in their rent paperwork not to flush tampons.

• Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I'm right there with you. I did not know this was such a widespread thing. I've only not flushed a tampon once at a restaurant that had a sign not to and I thought it was the weirdest thing ever.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • @jess0211 @Tourmalily @mispanda no one has ever told me not to flush one! I'm pretty baffled by this. I also have extremely heavy terrible periods so the thought of not flushing it makes me want to vomit. Maybe I'll care when I have to worry about a septic system but my mom never even told me not to when I started using them! She probably flushes them too haha. If it makes you all feel better I usually use pads because I have to use them with tampons anyway. Heavy gross flow problems. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge haha it's ok. A lot of my friends flush too. I'd probably care less if I didn't own my home and wasn't on a septic system.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I wouldn't worry about it right now.  You really don't have to for awhile  ;)

• @DuchessOfCambridge and admittedly I flushed once but it was a result of the bathroom issues at work I mentioned in TTGP... they forgot to put anything for disposal in the bathrooms sooo I had no choice.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mispanda it's the best! :)
    @jess0211 how unusual, the world forgetting things women need. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I'm the same. I don't think my mom ever told me not to either... This makes me wish I had more luck with the menstrual cup! 

• @DuchessOfCambridge literally just lol'd at that.  You're the best. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 ugh the women's bathroom at my job is like this. It's not like there's a small number of female employees, either, and most of them pre-menopausal, so wtf. How is this so prevalent an issue?!?!?!
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tourmalily can I just say how awkward it was bringing this issue up to the men who constructed the restroom. One guy said, "oh yea, didn't think of that.  Guess you need that, huh?" Um, yea, kinda. Major eye roll.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 women should build an office and conveniently forget urinals or something. "We only use stalls, didn't realize you don't". 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I just realized you said Expecting Better and not What to Expect.  Now I feel like a dummy!  Whoops!
  • @BayCamp Oh thank god someone older than me has been doing this her whole life too, and was brave enough to share it online!! I'm kind of baffled by the logistics of wrapping it in tp and throwing it away. I can think of a solid dozen ways I could eff that up and make a mess of things. 

• @BayCamp omg I can't stop laughing. @ArtificialRed I'm with you! But here's to not having to deal with tampons for many many months :)

• MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited March 2017
    My WTF  is to the plow guys, we got 14" of snow yesterday and we have to shovel. Yet some how the plow pushes in an extra several inches 6' up our driveway. How the heck does that happen? This morning I get in my car to go to work at 6 and the plow haven't finished, we cleared that first set from then and there's another 4" inches and piled up on the sides. So after working a couple hours today, i got to come home and shovek that.  
     I went in to work and I didn't have an assignment cause they forgot they asked me to work so I got to get a comfort measures only patient on high flow oxygen who passes away 15 minutes before my shift ends and report on an detoxer who has a whole slew of health issues.  No, I'm not upset my patient passed away because I had more work to do, I'm upset I didn't get to do more for him, though I'm happy he passed without pain and quickly.  

Wow, long rant, sorry. 
  • @jesslardarello That stinks. People like that usually are unhappy with themselves.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • My WTF is my upstairs neighbors!  We've been battling with them for almost a year about the noise level (got to the point where I had to wear headphones to sleep at night).  Talked to them in person, did the whole old lady broom on the ceiling routine, called security, talked to them again, rinse repeat for a year.

Finally, we went to the apartment office about it and they fined our upstairs neighbors $50.  Yeah, it made them quieter, but now they have it out for us.  For the past few weeks, every time the guy upstairs goes around the corner to smoke, he comes back and drops the cigarette in front of our front door (which he has to go out of his way to do).  It's so bizarre.  Anyways, we caught him doing it, so now we're going to the apt office again with picture evidence.  Hope he enjoys another $50 fine.
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @NYTino24 unfortunately I think so. She's always like that. Insisting we paid way to much for our house (we did not. We got an amazing deal!), saying our cars are junk (I have a 2016 Kia and hubs has a Cadillac). Very jealous woman. Upset her baby isn't her baby anymore either. I like her, and want to like her so much more but she makes it so difficult for me.
  • pawcallpawcall member
    edited March 2017
    I flush them in city sewer, but our new house has septic and OH HELL NO to flushing tampons in septic.

ETA - sorry, clearly I replied before realizing the tampon discussion was like many days ago.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]