edited March 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Woke up before my alarm, yay!

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?

Re: TWW Humpday 3/15

• Loading the player...
  • @BertieMeetsGertie me too! I was very surprised this morning. Do you get another snow day today?
  • @cdnrunning ­– pools are a must in Texas! Also glad to see you’re still here. FX that no drop in temp is a good sign.

@BertieMeetsGertie – travel is definitely a luxury on my list too. We are blessed to be able to travel and not have to worry too much about budget. Unfortunately, with my DH’s work schedule, it makes it hard for him to take the time off to actually travel.

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 28/13

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Testing: I caved and tested this morning… you can see how that went. 

R/R: So I have resolved to being out this cycle and just waiting for AF to show up (should be tomorrow or Friday). I have taken this cycle as a very good learning experience on TTC and I will share some of my findings (these things are what I found for myself and I understand everyone and their journey is different):

1. Dr. Google will make you think you’re pregnant if your toenail is falling off, just don’t.

2. Symptoms? Ha nope you’re just a woman and you are going crazy.

3. Just wait on the pregnancy tests until AF doesn’t arrive. BFNs hurt much more than you would expect.

4. Start planning things after you get the BFP (like when you’re going to tell family, etc). Maybe not general ideas but get rid of the timing part. You’ll be upset when the timing is different than you’d hoped.

5. Don’t focus on the bad things, find something to be grateful for. Today I am grateful for my amazing DH who, even when I was being a crazy lady, hugged me and consoled me after today’s BFN.

6. Keep your mind and body busy. If you don’t, you could find yourself going down a google rabbit hole for 3 straight hours about a little “symptom”.

I’m just reminding myself that this is month 1 and that it’s my first month off BC. My body is adjusting to different amounts of hormones. I’m still young and there is no rush. I need to be more patient.

Sorry about the long rant, just been a hard few days. I have reacted to TTC much differently than I thought I would going in...

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? I’m sure I have a lot of luxuries in my life but one I can think of at the moment is having a sun roof in my car. I always keep the inside part open so that I can see out the top. If someone closes it, it makes me feel claustrophobic. I also love to drive with my windows down and my sun roof open when it’s warm out (but not too hot obviously lol).

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @cdnrunning nope, no snow day today.  :/
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• LaurenEG14LaurenEG14 member
    edited March 2017
    @cdnrunning- Happy to still see you here! At the very least your LP is getting longer!

@bertiemeetsgertie- Sorry you slept like crap last night. Same for me. Pretty sure its just daylight savings messing with me.

@Justkeepswimming8- Sorry for your BFN. They really are hard to get, especially when you are so convinced. FX for you that it's just too early.

Month/Cycle: 1/1 (after 6 months an-o)

CD/DPO: 37/10

Timing: -5,-4,-2,-1,0

Testing: I'M WEAK! See rant...

R/R: I was doing a good job this month with not SS and was feeling like this wasnt really going to be my month, especially since I am convinced that my RHR should increase if I was KU and it hasnt moved.  I planned on waiting to test until 12 dpo.... until last night. I felt an unfamiliar feeling down below and immediately forgot about all the logic I had forced on myself. Of course this morning I tested with a cheapie and big shocker...BFN. 10 min later I saw a definite shadow of a line. But I dipped another one and lo and behold...stark white.(I know, I know...it's gross that I don't discard my urine right away, but this is exactly why.)

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
    It's not technically "mine", but my parents have property on a wooded lot with a lake in upper WI. It is my favorite place in the world and I definitely couldn't live without it.

ETA- English is hard before 8 am
    Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• @LaurenEG14 and @justkeepswimming8  Sorry for the BFNs!  

@cdnrunning I would love to have a pool! My bff growing up had one and I have such great memories.  DH said no way when we were looking for our house

Month/Cycle 7/7

CD/DPO:  25/8

Timing -4

Testing Nope

R/R I just want AF to come.  I hate wishing my life away but I know I'm out this cycle and just want to move on.  But of course I was dizzy and nauseous last night so let the BSC commence

CSQ No

GTKY:  Luxury.  Probably my pedicures.  I can't stand when my feet look gross 
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD/DPO: 18/2

Timing: -4

Testing: Maybe if I make it far enough

R/R: Starting to plan vacation for next year (have to book a  year out at this place) and it's such a great distraction.

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
    Having someone mow our lawn. It's actually pretty reasonable but definitely a luxury. Since we both work, it's sooo nice not to have to spend several hours every week on lawn maintenance and use it for family time instead. Worth every penny!

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Month/Cycle: 8/6

CD/DPO:21/12

Timing: good

Testing: nope

R/R: Survivor is on tonight yay!!

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Internet we live rural so we have satellite internet and phone. 
  • Stargazer>lily- LOVE survivor! Andrea is a good friend of mine so I always especially love her seasons! 
    Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• @wabash15 good lord, lady! I got tired just reading all of the things you accomplished this morning!  :#

• @cdnrunning so glad you're still here!

@justkeepswimming8 sorry about the BFN!

Woke up before my alarm, yay!

Month/Cycle: 15/15

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: -5, -2, -1, 0

Testing: undecided 

R/R: I burst into tears three separate times yesterday. Either I'm pregnant or I'm getting soft. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? My house! DH and I went a little overboard when we bought it (houses are so much cheaper in NC than back in NY) and we definitely could've lived in a much smaller house and still have been happy. But I loveeeee my house and having the extra room is nice. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Woke up before my alarm, yay!

Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 22/9

Timing: good

Testing: I couldn't wait till Friday, now I am in the BFN club

R/R: I am getting a pedicure with mom and sister tonight

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Pedicures for sure, at least that's all I can think of at the moment.  
  • I'm mobile bumping today so sorry I can't tag people so easily!  Bummer about the BFN's though ladies. Have some wine!

Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD/DPO: 20/2

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Testing: Gonna hold out for at least a week 

R/R: Oh man I slept like crap last night!  I messed up my shoulder doing push ups like 2 weeks ago and it hasn't really gotten better. I was waking up in pain all night last night. Oy.  I'm going to be as lazy as possible today :)

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
    Probably my La Mer skin care products. I've got the serum, the eye cream, the eye serum and the moisturizer. They cost an arm and a freaking leg, but they've made my skin amazing, so I keep going back!
  • Im a png but I will check back in later. 

Month/Cycle: 8

CD/DPO: 20/3

Timing: high

Testing: nope

R/R: is it Friday yet?

CS/Q: doesn't matter at this point. I'm done charting because it hasn't helped. I have a blood draw on Thursday to see what is going on. 

my computer. 

• Month/Cycle: 5/4 after break

CD/DPO: 22/ 6

Timing: -4, -3, -2, -1, O

Testing: undecided, no urge to POAS yet and I'm not buying any tests just yet so I can hold off longer. We'll see.

R/R: last day of work for the next 4 days.....unless I decide to cave and pick up overtime...not sure just yet. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? I've got nothing at the moment. I don't really do too much for myself, but I'm sure there are things I'm just not thinking of. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Sorry about all the bfns

• @cdnrunning That's awesome about the temp rise! Means good things either way!!  Also, can I come swimming? Super jealous you have a pool.

M/C: 16/5 after second loss

CD/DPO: 24/9 (this is a rough guess based on passed cycles since I wasn't so very much in the way of tracking this month.)

Timing: eod during fertile window

Testing: BFN this morning

R/R: I've been more or less taking a break from charting and participating on the threads.  (Still lurking and love titting) I was losing my shit. *****TW for general pregnancy talk*****. Last week a really, and I mean really, good friend of mine announced she was pregnant at a meeting for work. I gave her a hug and I was/am very happy for her.  The part that made me lose my shit at work was that even knowing my struggles and losses for over a year, she failed to mention it to me in private. Our other two close friends knew a month ago. AND we have had probably 20 conversations about my fertility in the past 4 months since she's been knocked up. Like blatant, are you pregnant questions. If you are going to get the nitty gritty about my fertility and ask me if I'm pregnant, you should tell me that you are. Especially, when I have asked you. A bunch of my co workers probably thought I was being an ass hole but as word got out about what had been going on they were upset too. (Our department is incredibly close and we hang out outside of work as well.) 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Probably my new car. I didn't think I needed all the fancy gadgets but not do I love them now.
  • RVAmom315RVAmom315 member
    edited March 2017
    @Redpuma119 Sorry for the BFN and that your friend didn't give you a heads up on her news, especially since she knows what you're going through.  Take your time to take care of yourself, the group will always be here for you when you choose to come back 

@Rejufsovelem Sorry for the BFN

@BreezyBee Sorry about your shoulder - ouch!  Hope it feels better soon
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • @RVAmom315 Thanks dude!  I think I'm just getting really old. Wahhhh. 

@Redpuma119 Ugh man I'm sorry. That's the worst, feeling like people are hiding things from you.  Hang in there and keep your head up. 
  • @Redpuma119 yeesh. Your friend definitely should have thought that through a lot more. I'm sorry you had to find out the way you did. Hugs, girl.  <3

• Sorry for all the BFNs!! Sounds like today is just not a good day to test, FX tomorrow is much better

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 29/6

Timing: -3, -2, -1

Testing: Sunday

R/R: I'm taking crazy pills and symptom spotting already, somebody talk me off the ledge! I've been having a lot of dyspepsia and heartburn today, which is really unusual for me EXCEPT during my previous pregnancies, when I have to be on daily prilosec. So I'm totally KTFU, right? Sigh... I know better.

CS/Q: none

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? My pool and air conditioning!!
    Me: 35   DH: 35
    Married: 5-16-2009
    Charlotte Elaine 5-27-2014
    Anna Josephine 3-29-2016
    Baby #3 EDD 3-3-2018

My Chart 
  • Thanks for the love ladies
  • @BertieMeetsGertie - that's unfortunate. At least you're one day closer to the weekend
    @justkeepswimming8 - I just bought a new vehicle that has a sunroof. Prior to that I drove a no frills 2001 check s10 small pickup truck. I love that my SUV has a sunroof. I never realized how nice it was to have!
    @LaurenEG14 - sorry for the BFN. It's amazing how our logic leaves our brain sometimes. It's like we really can't help it
    @shortstack930 - we did the same thing, bought something a bit bigger than we needed and it ended up being the best decision because we bought at a good time and the value continues to go up. Hopefully you're in the same boat!
    @breezybee I once received LaMer products as a gift. They were oh so wonderful and ooooh so expensive to replace lol
    @Redpuma119 - sorry to hear about that terrible situation. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt but this one's tough. I mean how could she not know this would be hurtful? I hope you guys have the opportunity to talk things through

• @cdnrunning yes, the value on our house has gone up a lot in the last two years so I think we made the right decision! Glad you guys are happy with yours too!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Sorry for the BFNs ladies. Testing on Saturday and trying not to feel anxious about it. Ugh.