November 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

So what's got you saying WTF today?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • WTF to the two people Wife and I arranged to take care of snow removal while we're on vacation, but neither showed up!  My sister is house/petsitting, so we wanted to be sure she wouldn't have the extra chore of digging herself out to get to work on time.  I would be so understanding if either guy let us know they were running behind or if they could no longer help us, and we could have made other arrangements... 

GRRRRR!
  • @jess0211 I was on time today despite the ice on the road and no one was here to see it.  Proud, but what a letdown. If Eliza shows up on time for work on time but no one was there to see it, did it even happen? :neutral:
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Roliepoliecoley4 Uh, NO. That snow should be waiting for him when he gets home. 

• @Noellee2005 Another big fat NOPE. A call would have been the right thing to do! 

• @jess0211 maybe just tell your boss? With my first I was still working and had to tell right away (because of one medication I wasn't allowed to administer). I just told my boss and charge nurses and they kept their mouths shut.
  • @heatherdubrow  that's what I am thinking...it makes me nervous but I also don't want to commit to things I know I won't be able to do.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge if I remember correctly, Expecting Better has the same info :/  So I'm totally with you on the BSC, but reminding myself it's really early!
  • My husband came in this morning and said "Honey, you look tired.  Are you tired?".  Yes.  Yes I am.  I am growing a freaking human and you kept me up way too late watching tv. 
  • 2Dash2Dash member

So here is my WTF...

I had an appointment to meet with someone about a new job.  I've been wanting to move for awhile and now being pregnant this has obviously complicated things and has me worried and stressing a lot.  I barely slept last night thinking about this job chat today - then we got mountains of snow but I drove in horrible conditions to get here because I didn't want to miss this appointment.  Anyways.. the guy didn't show!  Seriously!  I sent an email afterwards saying that things must have gotten confused or something and maybe we could reschedule.  No email back yet!!!

I went back to my desk and tried not crying for like an hour.  Now I'm like - if he can't keep an appointment or apologize probably not the best boss - but I really wanted to move and quickly before this baby starts showing........ Ughhh........

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge thanks, I am going to see how long I can hold off on scheduling.  It's going to get difficult.  I wanted to wait until after my annual review but that's not until the end of May so that doesn't seem feasible.

@2Dash that is so unprofessional! I would question if I want to work for someone like that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @heatherdubrow that was my 2 year old yesterday. Not cool, toddlers. Not cool.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• @av2323  Ugh, being told "You look tired" rates high on my pet peeve list.  I feel like it's a way to tell someone they look like sh*t under the guise of concern.

@2Dash  I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you, especially after all the time you spent worrying about it.  Hoping you hear back with some sort of explanation, but there's probably very little that would provide you with anything more than annoyance at this point.
  • TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited March 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge, with my first I didn't get any morning sickness until around 8 weeks, and with my second I never got it!  <3.  Every woman and every pregnancy really is different!  Symptoms have no causal relation to the viability of a pregnancy, just how your body happens to be responding to the hormones.  I just thought lack of symptoms meant boy but I was wrong.  :-)

@Roliepoliecoley4 my husband does similar things like that to me sometimes.  Wakes me up (or keeps me up) for sexy time, lounges in bed on his phone, and then races to the shower with just enough time for work and expects me to take care of anything else.  I would leave the snow too!

• @2Dash - I'm sorry that happened. That sounds terribly frustrating. I hope at the very least he gets back to you with an explanation and an apology. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ArtificialRedArtificialRed member
    edited March 2017
    Apparently I'm a bit put off by chocolate right now. Which is probably better for not adding on pounds before this show even gets started,* since I'm basically eating every hour to feel somewhat decent. But wtf, chocolate brings me a lot of real joy in life. 

*eta- on second thought, this sounds weird. I didn't mean that the baby isn't already happening, just referring to the fact that the significant weight gain doesn't happen in the first tri. 

• @ArtificialRed chocolate is the one thing I normally looooove but I have literally no desire for it right now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wtf prenatal vitamins. I have to buy the liquid caps due to my previous stomach surgery and there is only one brand that I can find and it's like 28$!!! 
  • @Tourmalily yes!!! When my sister was living with us she flushed a tampon...after I told her not to. There was some serious threats about her sleeping outside that night. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 OH MY GOD WHO DOES THAT
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 @Tourmalily whaaaat you guys don't flush tampons?? I have literally never NOT flushed a tampon!

• @jess0211 @Tourmalily whaaaat you guys don't flush tampons?? I have literally never NOT flushed a tampon!
    Luckily we have city sewer so I don't have a tank to worry about, but on this note I didn't know until like 2 years ago that they weren't flushable. Really made periods even grosser lol
  • @DuchessofCambridge omg you are killing me. those are not flushable!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crying for my poor septic system rn
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge it's really bad for septic systems https://www.septictankguide.com/are-tampons-safe-for-septic-tanks.html

This convo just reminded me I need to flush some rid-x this weekend lol

Pregnancy Ticker