May 2017 Moms

Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

Re: Randoms and Questions 3.13 - 3.17

• I just wore overnight pads the first week then regular after then eventually pantiliners. I just wore older underwears knowing I wouldn't care to throw away if they got stained. I also made sure to sleep on a peepad in the beginning to protect the sheet/mattress.

As for lifting restriction, all I remember was they said don't lift more than the weight of baby. DD just started wanting to climb into the car and carseat herself so were getting plenty of practice there. The toughest part will probably be getting her in and out of her vrib but I'm sure well figure out a way to make it easier on me.

A random.. a Sprouts just opened locally and I'm so insanely excited about it. I really missed shopping there. It was totally worth the 25mins drive IMO but probably jot so much for DD lol. Ill have to plan on taking her to storytime near there to break the morning up more than just sitting in the car. @jayandaplus  i think its closer to you than me. If you've never been in the past, you should check it out! 

• @kns1988 I do hope it all works out for you!! As you said you left the old job on good terms and I'm sure that will help you put a good foot fwd. Try not to stress it that much, the process could be long and who knows if they will cut positions.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @mcvgal glad to hear it went well, but sorry you had to pump and dump.  Tossing that liquid gold is almost physically painful! 

@Kipperoo I can't believe you are down to 18 days of work! Shit is getting real for us here in May17! 

@LilMissCrafty good luck on your 3 hour today!!

@nda_roxybabe I totally get fidgety when I have to be at my desk too, I feel like I have crazy ADD right now (well, I do, but it is definitely worse than normal!) Getting one simple task complete is becoming more difficult by the day! Also, I am super behind but yay for your husband! 
  • @pshaortao , it's totally the in and out of the crib thing that has me worried. Of course, I had a doctors appointment this morning and totally forgot to ask, oops! I'm sure we'll figure something out. It came up in conversation because DH was concerned about scheduling his vasectomy with lifting restrictions and managing a lot of the toddler care duties and I was like...hmm...maybe I should think about that...I did not have a toddler last go around. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @hp_momma thank you! :)

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• That was my lift restrictions, "nothing heavier than your newborn". I just can't remember how long the restriction was! 
    I had already transitioned my girls to the toddlee beds before I delivered so I didn't have to worry about lifting out of the crib, it was just mainly into the car or the booster seat at the dinner table. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • RE: for flow/underware after baby. Last time I just used the heavy flow always pads. I also didn't use the "padcicles"... just some tucks pads for maybe 3 days and the peri bottle filled with water until stitches healed.  I bought old underware just in case, but honestly I never had any issues. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @fbmandy55 Did I miss an announcement on you being induced early? Or was that always a possibility?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @fbmandy55 how random that she would just assume that she would be there?! Are you guys super close? We had my mom, sister and MIL, but even MIL was a huge stretch for me.  
  • I'm sorry to hear that @fbmandy55.  I mean, I'm sorry if you are bummed about it.  If you aren't bummed, then I think that's a good plan.  My OB won't induce early for GD unless I go on meds.  I've done ok so far, but I'm worried I'll eventually get meds.  If that's the case, I'd feel better knowing now than 2 weeks out from d-day.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @fbmandy55 Gotcha, luckily that's not too early!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @fbmandy55 @livin541 I honestly just want it to be a personal moment between my fiancé & I.

I'll keep an open mind prior to that time to have my sisters and/ or my mom in there with me.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Kipperoo I have 19 days left!  I feel you on how hard it is to be motivated when the end is sooooo near.  

@fbmandy55 I can't believe your SIL assumed she'd be there.  I would be shocked if my sister expected to be in the delivery room and we're very close. Let alone a SIL who I wasn't close to.

@nda_roxybabe definitely get a yoga ball! I sat on mine all throughout the end of pregnancy and seven hours that I labored at home.  I have been meaning to get mine out of the basement but I'm a little worried it will become a DS weapon of mass destruction.
  • Geez, all you ladies with barely any time left to go makes me feel like I' m not due until the middle of summer! 
    @fbmandy55 wtf on your SIL?? After that supper with them did you respond with "sorry, it's a formal event"?
  • absbubbs said:
    Geez, all you ladies with barely any time left to go makes me feel like I' m not due until the middle of summer! 
    @fbmandy55 wtf on your SIL?? After that supper with them did you respond with "sorry, it's a formal event"?
    Careful, she might show up in a ball gown.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • absbubbs said:
    Geez, all you ladies with barely any time left to go makes me feel like I' m not due until the middle of summer! 
    Careful, she might show up in a ball gown.
    haha! You know, if done all out, it may be worth it...
  • DH is a groomsman in a wedding 2 hours from home when our baby will be 4 months old. I'd like to bring the baby along because I'll still be breastfeeding and we'll still be having baby sleep in our room until about 6 months... I just don't think I'll be quite comfortable yet leaving him with someone overnight even though I'm sure tons of other moms wouldn't mind. Should I just ask the bride and groom whether it's okay? They're so nice that I know if I ask, they won't say no, so it feels rude to ask. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @kns1988 did they specifically say no children on their wedding invites? If not, then they can't tell you that you can't bring your baby. If they did say no children on their invites, then I would be sending DH alone to their wedding. But I don't think it's ever rude to ask when assuming someone will say yes, it may be the one time they would prefer not.
  • fbmandy55 said:
    livin541 said:
    @fbmandy55 how random that she would just assume that she would be there?! Are you guys super close? We had my mom, sister and MIL, but even MIL was a huge stretch for me.  
    Not close at all. I get along with his family but only in very short doses.

For example, his mom's birthday was the day of my baby shower so we offered to take her to dinner. She invited his 3 sisters and niece to come with us without letting us know. They all wore sweatpants and t-shirts and hoodies down to their knees to not only my shower, but our semi-nice dinner out. His mom cussed and ranted so loud at our table at dinner that people at other tables were looking and I was so mortified that I wanted to sink into my chair and die. This was all after two of the sisters wanted to go to Golden Corral instead of the nice restaurant we picked and then didn't have money to pay for their dinners. His mom ended up paying for two of them, who are 32-40 years old and still live at home bc DH refused to pay for all of the uninvited guests. :D

Wow! That story makes the original assumption even more off the wall... or maybe it makes more sense now ;) Either way, I think the hell no is a great call. 

• livin541livin541 member
    edited March 2017
    Random WWYD question: since we moved in October, we've had a storage unit with some of our lesser used belongings in it, including nearly all of our baby stuff. We went to clean it out this weekend, and found almost everything moldy. I'm talking our infant car seat, bouncer, single stroller, the works. I'm pretty pissed at the storage unit, but I'm sure I probably signed something saying they are not liable.

Anyways, would you wash the car seat cover and use it, or just go ahead and replace? I've never dealt much with mold, and I'm not sure if the washing machine will do the trick or if we should just fork out money for new stuff. 
  • @livin541 Did you have a separate renters insurance policy on your storage unit? If so, I would be calling them and filing a claim if almost everything is covered in mold. So sorry, that sucks to have to deal with! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @absbubbs, I have a planned 36 week induction, which is obviously not ideal. If I was planning to go full term, I would have many days beyond the 18! 

@livin541, that really sucks. Removing mold from fabric depends on how bad/old the mold is. It's certainly worth giving it a try, if you can remove all the fabric pieces and launder them really well. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @livin541 i'd replace because i'm paranoid.
  • @livin541

If it's on the straps, I would definitely replace those.  Not sure what you can do about the rest.  That sucks!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @kns1988 from what it sounds like, you all will be getting a hotel and staying the night. Would it be possible to have someone come with you and keep the baby at the hotel while you are at the wedding? Assuming the wedding is at the hotel that you are staying at. That way you can have some fun, and have baby there but not there. 

@livin541 I, unfortunately, would replace everything. And take a look at whatever you signed. 
  • @absbubbs, no, they didn't say no children. So far we've only gotten the save the date, though, not the invite. 
    @achays11, bringing someone along isn't a bad idea, but I'd rather it just be me and DH and baby. I guess I just like my space because there's no one else I'd want to share a room with. My family kind of drives me nuts even though I love them. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• SKZWSKZW member
    Question: What can you tell me about the steroid shot given to moms of potential preemies? Have you had the shot (in either this or previous pregnancy)? @Kipperoo @mdlorenz @mcvgal ? At what week did you have it? Specifically, what risks vs benefits do you remember being counseled on?
        My OB has requested I come in tmrw/Thurs a.m. for the shot (and again 24 hrs later, Fri a.m., for the second part of the dose), and I'm prepared to go, b/c I trust her and will follow her plan. However, the more I read (about the official recommendations, and diff groups' policy papers) the less convinced I am that this is the correct step to take right now.
        I don't think I'm precisely in the group of people who are most recommended to get it (for ex., ACOG says if imminent preterm delivery is likely in the upcoming 7 days, then the shots are beneficial). (My doc wants to induce early, but 38 weeks is full term, not preterm, so why would this be warranted?)
        I will be calling for advice tmrw a.m. before I show up, but want to know others' takes on this issue, so I'm not up all night worrying. Any and all thoughts on this will be welcome & appreciated. TIA!
  • MTB16MTB16 member
    @kns1988 I'm in a similar position except I am the bridesmaid in my friends wedding in September.  The wedding is out of town also. 

i have absolutely no intention of bringing a baby to the ceremony/reception so I am bringing my mom along and getting her a room at the hotel so she can spend the day/night  with the baby for me. As long as I leave her with milk I figure we are good! 

Maybe something similar would work for you? I totally understand not wanting to share a room, but if your family member had their own it's definitely more manageable! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @SKZW with DS1 I only had enough time to get 1 dose in because my preeclampsia escalated so quickly. DS1 did not cry when he was born and needed immediate help breathing. DS2 was born at 36 weeks and the steroid shots were never even mentioned. He needed no NICU time at all. With DD1 we had enough time to get both shots in, the second dose being exactly 24 hours before my c-section. DD1 cried at birth and was able to breathe on her own for a while. It seems odd to me that they would want to give you the steroid shots so early, especially if the plan is to go to 38 weeks.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• SKZW said:
    Question: What can you tell me about the steroid shot given to moms of potential preemies? Have you had the shot (in either this or previous pregnancy)? @Kipperoo @mdlorenz @mcvgal ? At what week did you have it? Specifically, what risks vs benefits do you remember being counseled on?
        My OB has requested I come in tmrw/Thurs a.m. for the shot (and again 24 hrs later, Fri a.m., for the second part of the dose), and I'm prepared to go, b/c I trust her and will follow her plan. However, the more I read (about the official recommendations, and diff groups' policy papers) the less convinced I am that this is the correct step to take right now.
        I don't think I'm precisely in the group of people who are most recommended to get it (for ex., ACOG says if imminent preterm delivery is likely in the upcoming 7 days, then the shots are beneficial). (My doc wants to induce early, but 38 weeks is full term, not preterm, so why would this be warranted?)
        I will be calling for advice tmrw a.m. before I show up, but want to know others' takes on this issue, so I'm not up all night worrying. Any and all thoughts on this will be welcome & appreciated. TIA!
    They gave me the two shots on the 17th and 18th of February, so I would have been 27 weeks. I had zero side effects from it. My OB said that the biggest benefit would be to get it within the 7 days of delivering, but both her and the radiologist said that the baby's lungs would still benefit if I didn't deliver right away. They haven't ruled out giving me another round of steroids when they take my stitches out at 36 weeks. 

Anyways, I don't know if that was much help, but even my midwife said that getting it would be helpful.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker