July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms March 13-17

Re: Weekly Randoms March 13-17

• The more DD loves the book, the more she destroys it. Obsessed with where's spot yet all the flaps are ripped off...

she LOVES:
    if I were a (any animal--they go with the jelly cat animals)
    llama llama red pajama
    snowy day
    on the night you were born 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dcwtada said:
    Mine are 1.5 and 2.5 and no where near ready for paper books...in fact toliet paper, packages of baby wipes and random mail that makes it into their hands suffer horrific demises. They love books but they are so hard on them. Fingers crossed they can handle regular books by college.
    I feel like this is the boat I'm in with my 1.5 year old! LOL 
  • @oheliza44 Look what DH got me for my birthday  :D

After you posted about Topo Chico we went around looking for it but couldn't find any locally. He ordered it from amazon lol
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Anyone know why I can no longer download or screenshot my facebook photos on my phone?? I have an android and I swear it used to work fine...
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Omg @SpongeWorthy I am so jealous!! I've literally drank my local grocery stores out of stock. Enjoy and cheers to your birthday!!! Drink one for me! ;)
  • Happy birthday @SpongeWorthy !!
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I just learned about Usborne books, too, and am very surprised by how much I like them.  DS (3.5) really loves Nibbles, and I thought the flashlight book about the human body was really neat.  We also got him his first "chapter book" from there...something about a boy named Jack.  I was very happy with those.
  • DS is a total book nut.  His favourites right now are:

Usborne touch and feel
    Little blue truck
    Pout Pout Fish
    Girafges can't dance
    Ten Playful Penguins
    Baby Einstein "Lets Look" books 
    Goodnight moon
    The Little Prince 

we are are nowhere near switching from board books.  Any time he sees paper pages he tries to rip them.
  • Amazon is going to start charging sales tax on items shipped to Hawaii as of April 1.  Sad panda.
  • Thank you, everyone!!! A lot of these books we actually have, but a random few we don't! I will be checking those out. Also, bought a few Usborne books recently and LOVE them!!!! 
  • edited March 2017
    @Twinkiedoll, as if Hawaii wasn't expensive enough... :|
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Itsnotyourturn Welcome to Hawaii!  Hale Koa is beautiful.  I went to a wedding there last year.  The drinks were so cheap compared to other hotels on the strip.  Enjoy your mocktails!
  • @Itsnotyourturn, I was there last month! Going to miss staying there for Sub Ball this year. Have a mai tai at the bar down by the beach. The live entertainment on Sundays is also pretty epic eye candy.  ;)
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caribbeanmama sorry things have been hectic but glad you popped in to say hi! We missed you. 
  • @Mrs.EmmaLouise   (the period in your username makes it impossible to tag you, apparently):

I have learned that kids these days actually suck at productivity-related software.  When I tell people to use Styles in Word because it actually matters for our pleadings, they look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language.

And they don't know how to filter in Excel or add a table into an Outlook email, or deal with merged cells in a table.  I could go on and on.  Don't even get me started on PowerPoint.
  • @Itsnotyourturn go to house without a key for sunset! And have some coconut cake for me too lol. 
  • Another rough day for me yesterday so feel like I missed out on most news on here, but wanted to quickly say happy belated birthday @SpongeWorthy - hope you had a great day! And hello and nice to see you here  @caribbeanmama  :smile:

Too much going on for me. Not handling it too well. Hope things get better next week. Worried about the stress being bad for baby. 

Hope everyone is well!
  • @ktewart I have been holding onto DD for dear life these past few days. Which is especially interesting because she's in the throws of tantrum-city lately, so trying to balance discipline and never wanting to put her down is proving a challenge to my crazy-ass. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Thanks @mj8215!  I hope things settle down for you soon.  This sounds cliche, but I've found that yoga has helped me.  The act of deliberately setting aside time just for me is freeing in a way.  Thinking of you!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • @mj8215 thinking of you. Hopefully things calm down and you are able to take a breather soon. Hugs.
  • Nice to hear from you @caribbeanmama ! You've been missed. 

Sorry you're feeling stress @mj8215 hope it settles down for you :/  

@ktewart @dancegurl1118 I'm jealous your toddlers will even let you cuddle them. My daughter has been so independent lately and wants nothing to do with me. Breaks my heart. We stopped by my in-laws last night after checking out our home renovation (we're going to be 10 min away from them), and as usual she threw a fit when we had to leave and acted like I was the plague. We get home and usually that attitude is over once her grandma is out of sight but she wouldn't even let me give her water! She only wanted it from her dad. She'd literally ask for water, I'd get up, offer it, and she screams NO! And then is all smiles when her dad is the one offering and drinks up. I'm not like this phase at all. She's getting sick of me and all I want is hugs  :'(
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @mj8215 I'm sorry your having stressful days, hope everything resolves sooner for you! Try to stay calm and pampering yourself always helps (food, teas) you'll get through this:) 

@caribbeanmama welcome back :)
  • It didn't occur to me until recently that board books would be good to get for this kid. I love books, am such a reader, but gravitate towards non-board books. But yes - small ones can be destructive to paper. Glad I figured that out before I got all of my favorite children's books in non-board form.
  • ktewart said:
    Pregnancy hormones are making me a crazy woman. I seriously have been having panic attacks when I look at my 18 month old son because I love him so much that I am afraid of him growing up too fast and that he won't know how much I love him or think I don't love him enough and that leads to a panic attack about how I am almost done having babies and that means my babies will all grow up and I won't have any more babies to snuggle. I have snuck him out of his crib this week to snuggle before I go to bed (he is a super sound sleeper and doesn't wake up if I pick him up after he's asleep) three separate times and am fighting the urge right now. Seriously. I'm at crazy woman level.
    @ktweart this is me for two weeks now, minus the panic attacks. I don't get them but I just have overly emotional about DS the past few weeks. I cry and sneak him into our bed now just for cuddles after he's already sleeping happily in his own crib. I'm an idiot because we use to bed share nonstop and I finally kicked the habit a few months ago. Now, we are both falling back into it and gosh, I just love those snuggles. Oh well. Lol 
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited March 2017
    FYI - If you see this new picture suddenly pop up next to "star_beagle", don't worry. It's me. I finally changed my screen name from my Knot days. I don't know how long it'll take to trickle down, though.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Ohhhhhohhhhh I am so upset right now... I have a draw in the kitchen full of brand new and extra bottles, binkis, extra bottle nipples, teething rings, utensils, breast pump parts.. all sorts of baby stuff... idk when and how I didn't hear it but my son must have ripped everything out of the draw and our dog chewed up EVERYTHING.. All things I was happy I wouldn't have to buy for the next baby. I can't believe it.  :(
  • LM1007 said:
    Ohhhhhohhhhh I am so upset right now... I have a draw in the kitchen full of brand new and extra bottles, binkis, extra bottle nipples, teething rings, utensils, breast pump parts.. all sorts of baby stuff... idk when and how I didn't hear it but my son must have ripped everything out of the draw and our dog chewed up EVERYTHING.. All things I was happy I wouldn't have to buy for the next baby. I can't believe it.  :(
    Oh my goodness!  I'm so sorry that happened!  :'(

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LM1007 NO! I'm so sorry! That sucks. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Can I pipe in and ask what ever happened to the Weekly "Tickler" threads?  LOL.  That was a theme for about a week there.  Everyone was typing tickler and I didn't get it at all. It was good for a laugh though. 

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OMG that is awful I'm so sorrrry!!!! @LM1007
  • Can I pipe in and ask what ever happened to the Weekly "Tickler" threads?  LOL.  That was a theme for about a week there.  Everyone was typing tickler and I didn't get it at all. It was good for a laugh though. 
    A well-loved regular poster started a tickler thread, and when someone mentioned the typo, she admitted it wasn't a typo, she really thought it was "tickler." So then we all poked fun at her for a while. I'll let her out herself if she wants. :)
    I think that it was just one typo that was silly, so people just kept it up for a few days.