August 2017 Moms

Wednesday ticker change 3/15

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite flavor of Girl Scout cookie?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday ticker change 3/15

• How far along are you? 
    20 weeks! Halfway now!

How big is baby? 
    Banana or a paper airplane 

Had anatomy scan Monday! Having a boy!

Seems that morning sickness may have truly gone away. Have now gone 7 days without and am so excited about this fact!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rant: I have a cold and it really sucks dealing with a cold. Thankfully, I have the week off from work, so I can just relax.
    Rave: I had my anatomy scan and found out I'm having a boy! Totally pictured a girl all along, but having processed it now, I'm really excited to be a boy mommy!
    Question: my next appointment is the glucose test. How bad is the drink? I have a strong gag reflex and am slightly worried about it.

Thin Mints! I gotta say the new S'mores ones are pretty good too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 So glad your anatomy scan went well! Congrats on your baby BOY!

How far along are you?  
    19 weeks..almost halfway there!

How big is baby? A mango or a pint of ice cream 

Upcoming appointments this week? Ugh still waiting for my A/S next Friday. Starting to get nervous for it.

Any new symptoms or changes? Definitely feeling some stretching/aching in my stomach. I think I read from others that it's your uterus stretching out to make room for baby. Feeling a few little kicks/flops here and there, but nothing steady. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Would love people's opinions on this... my cousin is getting married and having her bachelorette party in Nashville at the end of June. Before getting pregnant, I was planning on going (paid for the house, didn't buy flights yet). Now I'm not so sure I want to go.. I'll be just about 34 weeks and can't imagine having a ton of fun flying to Nashville and doing the whole bachelorette thing. I'm going to her shower and obviously the wedding.. we are close, but not super super close if that makes sense. Would you guys go to the bach? I feel bad backing out, but also want to make sure I do what's best for me and baby.

GTKY: What is your favorite flavor of Girl Scout cookie? SAMOAS! I loveee the chocolate, caramel, coconut combination. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • AB518AB518 member
    How far along are you? 
    20 weeks

How big is baby? 
    banana

none

I can finally feel baby move!  He seems to be most active in the afternoon and evening.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I finally feel pregnant because I can feel baby moving and my baby bump is actually starting to look and feel like a baby bump.  My food aversions and nausea are gone.  My energy level and pregnancy acne are still terrible, but I really don't care about those issues when I feel those little kicks.

Samoas are my favorite!  But I really like all of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 
    17 weeks! I can't believe it!

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate 
    I had one yesterday. My husband got to operate the doppler and hear the heartbeat for the first time :) We were all cleared for our late-May Hawaii trip, too. 
    Ongoing hunger. Even when I'm stuffed, I'm dreaming about my next meal. Makes sense, since this is a growth spurt for baby. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I have a stupid cold! And I have 2 performances this weekend. My husband (pharmacy tech) spent half an hour at the store looking for a "safe" decongestant but came home with a cough/chest congestion medicine, which he hands to me while saying "so this is rated as a C which means risk can't be ruled out..." It's still unopened on my counter. What do you moms take for a head cold? I have terrible ear congestion/build up of fluid, but doc says no infection, so no quick-fix antibiotics for me :( (currently sipping ACV, lemon, honey in hot water, wishing it was a hot toddy)

Can't go wrong with a frozen thin mint, but I could eat a whole box of Tagalongs by myself any day, too. 
  • Question: my next appointment is the glucose test. How bad is the drink? I have a strong gag reflex and am slightly worried about it.

It's extremely sweet. It's like kool aid with waaay too much sugar.

I find it doable but not super enjoyable.

I've had one already and will have to have another later. Also I've heard that if you fail it, they give you a drink that is even MORE sweet to retest, which I cannot imagine.
  • How far along are you? 
    19 weeks and if I go early again like they are anticipating, I am also half way!

How big is baby? 
    10 oz according to a/s

None for a couple weeks. But found out it's another girl! I'm elated.

I never ever thought I'd say it...but I'm feeling pretty darn good. My first pregnancy was MISERABLE. I'm so excited to feel halfway decent!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I have so so much to do, but never feel like doing any of it.

I could be so rich if I were half the salesman as those girl scouts. I honestly find the cookies mediocre at best, but seriously can't turn the gs down. I refer to them as my "dealer". Haha. I usually buy samoas or thin mints.
  • @Kathryn0903 the glucose test drink I had with my first pregnancy wasn't bad at all.  I had the orange one and it was like stale orange pop. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    19 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Mango

A/S & ob appt if it ever stops snowing

Feeling flips regularly now.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Somoas!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @secicc12 if it were me, I would probably back out. I feel like I wouldn't want to travel at 34 weeks and would worry about potentially going into labor early. I too would feel bad about backing out, but your cousin should understand it's for a good reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 Thanks.. I feel like I know what I'm going to do regardless, I just want confirmation that it's not a terrible thing to do haha. Her wedding is a month after my due date, so I'm already stressed about what to do with LO for that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12- I would back out too, unless someone else who's pg too is going and you could hang out with them after everyone else is still out partying. 

@dinofreak- have you tried a Neti pot yet? That's my go-to for sinus infections (and I had one in the first tri)

How far along are you? 
    17 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Pomegranate I think

None :(

I was feeling some pain driving home today so maybe round ligament is cropping up now
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I'm finally starting to feel him move so that's the best feeling!
    At work my boss is being kind of a dick about my maternity leave already. I have to figure out who is going to cover for me (no one is really available) and he's wondering if I can come back earlier than I had planned.  And work is just stressing me out in general right now so I have to actively think about being calm and not getting my blood pressure up. 
    A tie between thin mints and tagalongs. DH loves samoas but I think they're gross!
  • The first glucose test wasn't terrible.  Tasted like flat orange pop.  Unfortunately, I failed that one and had to do the three hour one.  

Lots more to chug of the gross sugary stuff and it made me feel nauseated.  If you puke you have to do it all over again.  Thankfully passed the second one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you? 
    18 weeks yesterday. I had the anatomy scan yesterday and they kept saying my edd  from my ob is 8/8 which would put me at 19w 2d. Seems like a pretty big difference. 

How big is baby? 
    Artichoke 

Not for 4 weeks. Had the anatomy scan yesterday, everything looked good and found out it's a boy. He was a wiggle worm. 

more of a baby belly instead of bloaty belly. Found out I have an anterior placenta so I'm guessing that's why I haven't felt anything yet.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Best support leggings? All the ones I have found are so flimsy. I bought a blanqi support tank that I like so I might try their leggings. 

thin mints for life. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

DD: 10/23/2012

#teamzoey #defeatdipg #pumpkinpatch2012

• @clrgrdfrk yes to Blanqi leggings. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I am seriously thinking of investing in some blanqi leggings/ tops
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Kathryn0903 I agree with bumpybump the glucose drinks tastes like flat soda. It's not as bad as everyone makes it seem.

@secicc12 I would skip the bach trip. DH and I went on a ski trip earlier in pregnancy, the only reason it was fun was because another one of our friends was also pregnant so we just hung out the entire time.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018