November 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• @DuchessOfCambridge that's an excellent point and now I am eating leftover chicken  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • "Goodbye, Cruel Bump!"
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @DuchessofCambridge @jess0211 uggghhhhh let's never mention shoveling snow ever againn  :|
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kschref LOL I'm laughing so hard at that especially imagining it in that voice

• Just put the kids down for a nap and took a shower.  I was so tired that I accidentally used DH's loufa with my body wash and now I smell really weird.  Too tired to do anything about it but the mint+lavendar(DH) plus grapefruit(me) concoction is bizarre.  We'll see if DH notices - luckily he knows better than to say anything but, "I love you, you are beautiful" to me when I'm pregnant. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is working 12+ hour days for practically the rest of the month for a training exercise. He gets home like 30 minutes after I pass out (because I can't keep myself awake any later) and I have to wake up at 5 am just to see him for 30 minutes, mostly to get important things done like have him sign paperwork for our new apartment. And I'm not working the rest of the week so it's just me and the dogs. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Who is watching This is Us finale tonight? I will have to dvr it but I'm so scared to watch it because I know it's going to destroy me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 - I watch it on Hulu so I think we don't get it until the next day.  But fully intending to watch it and ugly cry and have DH go, "Why do you watch these things when they make you cry so much!?"
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 @kschref I also watch it on Hulu and will also be ugly crying

• This Is Us is so not great with these hormones. Dang that show is good.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • @jess0211 You will be okay watching it this time. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I walked my dogs, the both peed. I went out for maybe 25 minutes and my Sheltie pooped in the house. 

Also I can't tell if morning sickness is starting or if I have a virus. I almost threw up, just retched into the toiled. But I also have a sore throat, headache, and a low fever (though my thermometer sucks and I need a new one this weekend). My 25 minute walk to the store and back helped and I got a Korean version on ginger ale. I took some tylenol a bit earlier. Thankfully I don't have to work until Monday, unless the school calls me in to sub. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Random:  Anyone watch True Detective?  My husband and I just started watching season 1 and are in the sweetest of love with the show.
  • Sitting here watching Hoarders and bawling my eyes out because BOTH people actually made break-throughs and got rid of a ton of stuff. Pregnancy emotions are in full swing today. 
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • av2323 said:
    Random:  Anyone watch True Detective?  My husband and I just started watching season 1 and are in the sweetest of love with the show.
    I LOVED season 1, but season 2 was disappointing.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Hi ladies! Stumbled across this website in a completely strange way related to work but it appears to be a great resource with some guides and checklists (I  <3 checklists). Http://www.pcnguide.com/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pawcall  We are half way through season 1.  I have a co-worker who said the same thing about season 2.
  • I have had some crazy dreams in the last couple of weeks.  Anybody up for a craziest pregnancy dream thread?
  • @av2323 yes! I posted this in the symptoms thread but didn't get any response so I was waiting to see if I was the only person having crazy dreams! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I find it annoying that doctors office's go off the first day of your last menstrual period for your initial EDD/estimate of weeks along. I understand that if you don't know your O date/don't track it, then that makes sense. 

But if you know your O date, why don't they use that? It's way more accurate than LMP in a lot of cases. I had a friend who regularly O'd around day 27 and knew it. They estimated her a few weeks ahead because they did the usual "14 day" O date cycle. So when doing initial ultrasounds, they said she was measuring small. Luckily she wasn't super concerned because she knew her O date...but it's still odd. 
  • I don't think they trust people to accurately know when they O'd usually, @dragonfly87. If you're off by more than 5 or 7 days during the ultrasound, they'll adjust your EDD to reflect that.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• av2323 said:
    I have had some crazy dreams in the last couple of weeks.  Anybody up for a craziest pregnancy dream thread?
    Mine have been really strange and keeping my sleep from being restful at all, I would totally be up for that thread.
  • @ChattyKitty17 @av2323 just started a thread for dreams!

I am watching the This is Us finale...so nervous this is going to make me ugly cry

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No snow day here.  I'm in Phoenix for work and an interview and it's in the 90s.  :-o

• Totally disappointed in This is Us finale. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kissthesky32  That makes sense....and I could see them not trusting people, but I guess I am a bit bummed because I trust my handy FF app and they are currently going off my LMP date. It's only off by two days, so not a huge deal. 
  • @jess0211 - Oh, boo! I was planning on watching it later tonight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 I still cried at the end but it was definitely not what I was expecting.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • @jess0211 totally agree. Had my Kleenex ready and didn't use it until the very end. I think the episode before this should have been the finale.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sorry if this isn't the right place for a questions but I couldn't figure out where to put it and I wasn't going to start a discussion.
    Is anyone taking progesterone up to 12 weeks? Any side effects? My doctor wants to put me on it and wants to discuss it more tomorrow.
  • heatherdubrowheatherdubrow member
    edited March 2017
    @mispanda I'm on pregesterone injections until 10 weeks. They hurt and make me extra tired but otherwise it's no big deal. Will you be doing injections or suppositories?
  • @heatherdubrow he said suppositories.
  • @mispanda I'm on progesterone pills. I think only until 10 weeks, though. They make me tired, so I take them at night. I haven't really noticed any other side effects. There's correlation between low progesterone and miscarriage - though my OB tells me that it's really unknown which actually causes the other or whether there's causation at all. But, yea - my progesterone was low, so I take the pills. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Just passed by a steak & shake ad on Facebook and the closest one to me is like 500 miles away and that's and big problem. I want it so badly.
  • @mispanda no experience with suppositories personally. I've heard they can be messy so wear a panty liner...
  • My son has strep throat. :( Working from home today and probably tomorrow. He's a sweet little mush. Thomas to the rescue. 
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker