Trying to Get Pregnant

Vanderpump and housewives thread!

Re: Vanderpump and housewives thread!

• @adirat I can picture them in therapy. Schenea listing all the things Shay does wrong, Shay agreeing and apologizing just to get her to shut up. Problem solved! *eyeroll*

@haylsbayls I agree on Schenea. She is so set on looking like the perfect relationship. She didn't even really admit they had problems until they were "solved". She is totally the kind of person who would get pregnant to save the relationship. When your back is against the wall, take the next major step. Go to therapy once. Get married. Have a kid. You can't have problems and make such progress at the same time, right? It's sad. I'm glad they're at least out of it now. For everyone's sake.
  • I had the same reaction to Tom and Katie driving their own tiny little cake to the venue! WTF? I haven't seen any shots that show how many guests they had, but it didn't look like enough to feed very many people. No way it was worth bringing on a road trip, it was pretty plain and basic looking...
    I think you guys are right- they're either getting MAJOR breaks on the cost of things for advertising shots or Bravo/the production company footed the bill, or a combination.
    The little bits of Katie's dress that they showed- do. not. like.

And didn't someone say that Tom's triplet brothers all still live at home, share a room, and share 1 pay-as-you-go cell phone between the 3 of them? Lolol. And then in a teaser for next week, we see that they missed their flight. Classic.

Lala's spray tan looked terrible when she was talking to Ariana. I go back and forth on whether her blaming her behavior on anxiety is legit. I get that some people have debilitating anxiety, but it seems like she's conveniently skipping out on things she just may not want to follow through on. IDK.

Raquel- omg is she annoying to listen to. And her mom sounds exactly the same! I wish James would just go away too. Whether or not he gets his shit together and stays sober- I don't care either way bc he's awful.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • @fwtx5815 Yessssss about Lala. If you have terrible anxiety, then you shouldn't be a shitty person. And you DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T SLEEP WITH A MARRIED MAN. She brings it on herself. 
    I noticed Raquel's mom sounded the same hahaha ugh.
    I really need to do some googling on Tom's triplet brothers. That sounds absolutely insane!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @LoveInDC totally agree! I got married in 2015 so I judge everything haha. I don't dislike the things she chose, but like you I don't think that's HER style. She was going for like an editorial spread type of wedding and it doesn't fit them. 
    like, why spend $10k on flowers when you're literally surrounded by nature? That's the perfect excuse to go minimalist and save on that line item- and this is coming from someone that loves flowers. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Totally agree. We got married outside in a garden. We spent $800 on flowers. The garden was already full of plants! All we had were bouquets, centerpieces, and two small decorations on the gazebo itself. 

I didn't know she went to Kleinfelds... Was she on a bridal show? Dying to see that episode... And I agree about the trendiness plus I don't think her dress is flattering.

• Oh! And while I love the thought behind surprising Tom with flying his brothers out, that's actually kinda not cool from a planning perspective! Head count, yo. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @loveindc Thank you.

Those dresses are almost all unflattering on her body type. Which is very sad.

I already know she picks the dress with the butt spirals and it's just awful. She could have done so much better.

• I hate Katie's style in general. She chooses the most unflattering outfits for herself so I wasn't shocked about her wedding dress looking shitty (from the previews).

Spending 10000 on flowers is bat shit crazy when your wedding is in the damn woods...especially when you're ballin' on a budget. 

I'm on my phone and want to tag you all but am having some difficulty but,  totally agree with those of you talking about flying 3 extra people out being a planning issue. Ok my wedding day if I had been surprised by a few extra family members my initial thought would be "omg how sweet I'm so happy to see you yayyyyyy" and then it would be "oh wait...shit. What are you going eat? Where are you going to sit? I didn't make any accommodations for you!"

Hopefully if they get their shizzle together and catch the next flight, th joy of seeing them will outweigh the attendance issues 

• lundlund member
     adirat said:
    @loveindc Thank you.

Those dresses are almost all unflattering on her body type. Which is very sad.

TOTALLY agree. I was scrolling through like "you've got to be kidding"

• Yessss to everyone saying she doesn't know how to dress her body type. What in the world was she wearing on her road trip to the wedding? She looked absolutely awful. I think she's a pretty girl and could do much better style wise.

On that note, if I were on the show, I would pull a Scheana and get healthy and fit. Your job is to be on TV, you should look good. Especially since they all get so butthurt on Instagram when people talk about their weight (I agree it's wrong to put people down for that, but either own it or fix it)

• You guys, no joke, I have almost nothing bad to say about this weeks episode!  Aside from how annoying Scheana is with her fake marital bliss while her husband CLEARLY can't stand her, this episode was so adorable. I may have cried, like, at least 3 times. 
    Oh, I did think Katie's bouquet was a little odd, considering that she had a $10,000 flower budget - why would she do the brooch bouquet?  It confused me. 
    Also, Tom's family is VERY odd.  There's more to this story for sure. 
    But overall - really good episode!
  • @BreezyBee Katie had a broach bouquet because it was trendy and no other reason. LVP said something like "this wedding is so Katie" and I nearly choked on my water.

Not much happened for this episode. Scheana was annoying with her "we're so happy" rant. Especially since we could see that it was not the case. She said on WWHL that she was waiting until after Katie's wedding to tell everyone so she didn't get in the way of anything. But if that were the case, why take every opportunity to talk about how you're married and bring up your wedding and talk about having kids?

I'm excited for next week. More wedding. Scheana/Shay breakdown. Exciting stuff.

I'm also excited about next week's RHOBH episode. This week seemed like good lead up to the Erika/Dorit showdown. It annoys me how LVP always seems so satisfied when anyone else (besides Kyle) has a breakdown. Like seriously Lisa? You have to take so much joy in everyone's pain just to show that you're superior? You're better than that.
  • I finally watched! I agree, not much happened. Tom's brothers are weird but him crying was soooooo cute. I really like Tom, I think he's the most genuine on the show and is truly a good person. Sometimes Katie/editing brings out the worst in him.

Scheana is the worst. She's already posting pics left and right and her new BF. Not saying she shouldn't be moving on but she doesn't need to flaunt it so early in to the relationship.

• lundlund member
    edited March 2017
    Was anyone else really surprised at how calm Katie was? Total uptight bitch 99.999999999% of the time, and the ONE time you're super calm is your wedding day? I know she said something about having eaten an edible, but still!  But I agree that it was a very sweet episode - I may or may not have teared up a few times. 

Scheana.... yeah. At least Lisa didn't seem to buy it. 

Anyone think that Tom and Arianna are actually going to get engaged next episode? Or was that teaser total bullshit?
  • @LuND the more I watched, the more I believed that Katie had little to no involvement in planning her wedding. With the Bravo crew and day of coordinators, she was essentially at a party thrown for her. Not much to worry about there.

The Tom and Arianna teaser was bullshit. She's been on WWHL since with the same "I don't know if I'll ever get married" talk. Plus, it would have been on the internet by now. I wish they would though, if only for the story line next season haha
  • lundlund member
    @LoveInDC gooooood point. You put much more thought into it than I did. I like my "this is all totally real and nothing is staged" bubble LOL. 

Tom and Arianna are my fav. I'm very much assuming that the teaser is bullshit, but a girl can hope!

Also, since I've been catching up on past seasons (almost done with season 3), I CAN NOT STAND Kristin. I honestly prefer super-annoying Scheana to Kristin. 
  • all I have to say about last night's episode is....Kristen better not get pregnant before me or anyone else here!!! Did anyone catch that? She and carter are walking away from the reception area and he says "tonight is the night" and she says "no I'm not ovulating!!!" 

I feel like, although she is more normal this season, she has some more life-getting-together to do before she has kids. 
  • @gameofsucculents omg stop. I haven't watched but I will be listening for that line!

• I know this thread is pretty dead but meh....

I'm currently watching the reunion. I love them but they've allllllllll had so much work done! Their faces and lips are all permanently frozen.

• @haylsbayls Thanks for bumping this! DH and I watched it live last night and I was worried there would be nobody here to talk to :) Running thoughts:
    • DH and I agree that the reunion is better than the show this season. Don't get me wrong, reunions are always interesting, but the show was lacking so much plot.
    • Jax and James are oddly getting along.
    • Somehow James' jokes are more funny than annoying.
    • The unholy trinity speaking in unison was amazing.
    • I'm not minding Lala and James as much as I thought I would.
    • Did I miss Britany and Scheana being best friends? I feel like I never saw that. Ever.
  • I cannot wait for Shay!!

• Just got to the three of them speaking in unison part - holy amazing.

I half believe the Brittany/Kristen rumor. 
    I hate hate hate hate hate Lala. She is a terribly awful person.
    Katie is still a wet blanket.

• I half believe the Brittany/Kristen rumor, but at this point I couldn't care less about it.

I'm excited for Shay to show up. I hear that it's supposed to get super awkward.

I just remembered I have WWHL with Scheana in my DVR! Wonder if there are any juicy parts in next week's preview...
  • WWHL Update: Next week is the Ariana/Stassi showdown. Shay doesn't come in until part 3 :( Boo!
  • LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited April 2017
    @BreezyBee They totally showed a sneak of part 2 on WWHL! Didn't you miss it? It was just Ariana and Stassi going after each other. Ariana reacts to seeing Stassi brag about "breaking her" and calls her manipulative *meh* Also, I don't think Lala is back next season. She gave her spot on the cast to Stassi mid season and reported that she is not interested in coming back because of her boyfriend.
  • @LoveInDC Oh duh!  I did see that!  That's what I get for always paying attention to other stuff while half-watching WWHL
  • @adirat Oh brother. I saw the trailer for that this morning and I'm just so irrationally annoyed by the whole thing and I know I'm going to end up watching it. Like, thanks Bravo, you're totally going to waste so much of my time. 
  • Ok guys, I just wanted to say that Stassi's brother, Nickoli, is so adorable and I just need someone like him in my life. 
    Also, SCHEANA just loves jumping on that "all of you guys pick on meeeeeeeeee!" Victim train and she needs to get off at the next stop. If you hate these people so much and they're so mean to you, then DONT HANG OUT WITH THEM ANYMORE. Jeez, it's not rocket science. 
    I cant wait for next week with Shay. That looks like such a trainwreck. 
  • Scheana is the worst!!!! The previews for next week where Shay says he doesn't even know who she's dating and she goes "yeah you do, you follow him on instagram!". She is so immature. And always the victim. 

Lala is trash but we already knew that. Who does she think she is?! Making everyone sign NDA's?!

I hate myself already for knowing that I'll watch Brittney and Jax's spinoff show.