July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 3/14

A weekly thread for all your complaints about continued morning sickness and questions about how to deal with back pain. Or anything else you're going through! 

P.S. I just realized we don't even have this thread yet, so I figured I would start it. My apologies if I'm stepping on toes. 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/14

• abdominal pain, back pain, mental pain from having to huff and puff and find comfortable ways to move around sometimes that just aren't normal problmes lol (like getting in and out of certain cars) - whee this is only the beginning of 6 months, gonna be a fun ride the rest of the way!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @ThePecks yes!! Tying my shoelaces took way too much effort yesterday. It was so ridiculous I had to laugh at myself. I can't imagine what I'll be like in June. Thank goodness it will be flip flop weather. (But I'll need to outsource all my pedicures). 
  • Loading the player...
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    Iv been trying to put my own shoes on and off too but DH ends up doing it for me. I really need to get more active if I'm already so useless what am I going to do in a month or two?! 
    my symptoms have been mostly skin related, but asides from that everything's well. 
    And iv pulled a muscle under my rib that hurts at some angles 
  • Exhaustion. I am fine for a few minutes but about halfway through Target I start dreaming about building a nest in the bedding department and taking a nice long nap.
  • Oh my gosh, I've been having issues with my shoes for the past month and a half! I've seriously told my husband that I feel like I've run a marathon just putting my boots on these days. I'm eager for spring to come just so I can wear slip on shoes again.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This weeks symptom: snissing (sneezing + pissing). 

Almost got into a car accident this morning. Had to brake but also had to sneeze. Cross my legs to prevent sniss or hit the break? 

Good thing I keep a change of clothes for my
    kids and myself in my trunk. The struggle is real. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Over salivating over here- so gross and I can't help but focus on it which probably makes it worse. Also had a panic attack the other day, worse than ever before. Heart beating so fast it's terrifying and this one lasted 35 mins. Didn't know what to do to make it stop.  :s
  • @nktrodden826  Have you talked to your dr?  There are some anti-anxiety meds that have low risk to the baby.  I'm taking prozac for depression/anxiety.  All cleared with OB and psychiatrist.  Also while in the moment....slow, deep breaths.  Hugs to you.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @nktrodden826 chamomile tea!!! Make a big thermos of it and sip away! Let me know if it works for you 

@mslynn2012 that's dangerous just let it out honestly not worth it. lol
  • @BabyMama4Life just pmd you! 

@BusyZee I actually bought some today when I went to Wegmans this afternoon after talking about it last time. Naturally I didn't have it when I needed it but now I'll have it! I'll let you know!!
  • I am thinking I have a yeast infection :(  I mentioned it to my doctor today at my appointment. She ran a test and I will have the results back tomorrow. Just wish I could stop the itching when it gets bad 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @manillabar lol welcome to my world ... iv gotten less hairy actually I used to wax my belly (tmi) can't wait to get lasered in the future! 
  • Eek @SaphireSweetie88 that sounds miserable. Hope it clears up soon. 

This time change is killing me. Just when my sleep cycles started to normalize I am back to not being able to fall asleep or sleep restfully. Who knew an hour could make such a difference?

Also, like @kerils's gif, I am eating everything. I suddenly have the appetite of a teenage boy. I went to the doctor today and my weight is right on target so I guess my body is getting what it needs.
  • @supermom83 ditto! I usually know what I want to eat but now I'm all over the place. And sometimes my cravings shift within an hour.
  • @oheliza44  - Yes it is! 99% of the day I don't notice it but when the itching starts ... I want to scratch my skin off.... 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Gross TMI warning

I have STM hemorrhoid issues that are bringing me down. Will do a search later and obviously Google has ideas, but any tips welcome!
  • @virginiaunicorn11 are they internal or external? Colace if they're internal and tucks witch hazel pads if they're external!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Are they leftover from your last pregnancy? The only thing that helped me last time during a flare up was sitting on a donut, prescription cream, and sitz baths.  
  • Help. Its uncomfortable to sit on my couch, but laying in bed is fine. Am I going to be unable to sit on my couch for the next 17 weeks?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • kerils said:
    Help. Its uncomfortable to sit on my couch, but laying in bed is fine. Am I going to be unable to sit on my couch for the next 17 weeks?? 
    Uncomfortable how? Leaning back? Leaning forward is what's been uncomfortable for me...
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • The whole thing. Leaning back. Leaning forward. On my side. Sitting on it sideways. I cant figure out how to be comfortable on it 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    @kerils are you wearing any support wear? I was having the same issue. Curling my back inward and outward a few times a day helps me, and always using my opposite hand to get up from a position. Ul need to rely on your hands more also use a pillow more often like between your legs and on the side of your belly. 

Edit to add: 

if I have a bigger meal I have a hard time sitting up too, or too much water. I have to lean back more and I'm still u comfortable. 

• @virginiaunicorn11 are they internal or external? Colace if they're internal and tucks witch hazel pads if they're external!
    External. Will get witch hazel pads, thank you. 

ljd2010 said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 Are they leftover from your last pregnancy? The only thing that helped me last time during a flare up was sitting on a donut, prescription cream, and sitz baths.  
    Yes...from labor, I guess. Sitz Bath is a good idea. 

Do they just never go away? This will be a lifelong issue now?! 

Here's where I rant that you know if men had babies, things like this wouldn't be allowed to be normal...
  • @kerils lumbar support has helped me. I just squish a pillow at the base of my back to keep my back arched. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kerils I bought two wedges, one for the car and one for home. They were only around 30 or so and they relieved my back pain and feeling of general discomfort amazingly. Though all bets are off once you get to the end of the third trimester. I used icy-hot pads and heating pads on top of the wedges. If you can help it try to avoid one position (sitting, standing, laying) for too long - I know it's not always possible but that did redistribute some pressure. And Tylenol is a joke, hopeful DH won't mind giving you massages - sometimes even just pressure can be a lifesaver
  • Oh and if anyone has restless leg syndrome - which really sucks by the way, I used to think it was a joke which I why karma struck me down with it the last two pregnancies towards the end. Besides staying hydrated a hot shower or bath before bed really helped me. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I have them left over from my last pregnancy too and have wondered the same thing... does this never go away?? 
  • @Dcwtada, oh my gosh, the restless legs! I forgot how much I hated this particular symptom until it popped back up with this pregnancy. The biggest thing that's helped me is hydration, like you said, and also having my husband put pressure on the restless area (so, for me, rubbing my thighs). Getting up and walkin around the house also helps.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @virginiaunicorn11 @mamadcb I don't think they ever go away on their own?! My friend (with an 8 and 10 year old) referred to hers as the gift from her son that keeps on giving.  :'( Mine popped up in the third tri of my last pregnancy and ruptured. It was so painful.   

I think there's a procedure that surgically removes them. I might look into that when I'm done with kids. In the meantime, I guess I'll just walk around with a cluster of grapes in my butt. Sigh. 
  • @ljd2010 Ruptured?!? That sounds incredibly painful. I do think that the constipation that caused my hemorrhoids was worse than labor. I actually cried. The hemorrhoids haven't flared up for me since then but their existence is a reminder to go have some prunes :/
  • @mamadcb It was so bad! Definitely cemented my need for an epidural. I think maybe the technical term was a thrombosed hemorrhoid? Luckily they haven't bothered me too much this go around (knock on wood!) But I feel like a walking PSA for colace!
  • @ktewart seriously! prior to reading this I've been complaining every day that I've been going so often since being pregnant. I'm just gonna go ahead and be thankful now lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I don't want to burst anyone's bubbles, but mine are not from constipation
  • Migraines and bad, bad, headaches still going strong in my 23rd week. I'm so over it. I can count on one hand the days this month I haven't had them. 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I only get internal ones from constipation...my outside ones are just from the crazy pressure and increased blood flow DOWNSTAIRS. Woof. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    edited March 2017
    ... womp womp :-/

ETA: I shouldn't be so surprised, I've heard of people getting them during labor/delivery, too... just wishful thinking on my part lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @dancegurl1118 This may be TMI but... speaking of increased blood flow downstairs, I sat on wooden bleachers for two hours last weekend watching a high school basketball game that my husband was coaching, and spent the next couple days feeling like a donkey kicked me between the legs. Waaaay too much bloodflow to the goods right now!