August 2017 Moms

Do we have a pregnancy brain thread yet?

I didn't see one, so I'm starting one! What dumb stuff have you done lately?

Ughh. When we were on vacation we picked up several bags of Hawaiian coffee for ourselves and for family and a couple coworkers. I specifically, intentionally put "our" coffee bag in the spot in the fridge where our coffee always goes, and put the gift coffee bags on a totally different shelf on the opposite side. Well, DH and I take turns making morning joe on the weekends, so Sunday was my turn. I opened the fridge, grabbed a bag, opened it, used it, and just when I was putting it back on our usual shelf did I realized I'd taken the coffee meant for my parents. The only solution is to give my parents the bag that was meant for us, which is irritating because we specifically bought the one for us based on how good it smelled (and it's 2oz more than the bag for my parents). 
When I told DH he wasn't pleased, but said we could swap ours for the one he was going to give his coworker, considering said coworker isn't aware DH bought him anything. But it was a cheaper brand too and I didn't want to give my parents cheap stuff (uh, not that any Hawaiian coffee is cheap but still, there were a lot of options across the price ranges).
Told DH, "You can't let me do anything alone!!"

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Do we have a pregnancy brain thread yet?

• LSP87LSP87 member
    DS still uses the training potty. I was really tired and after congratulating him after going number 2 on the potty, I stupidly plopped it into the sink instead of the toilet. I realized my mistake AS I WAS DUMPING it but..it was too late. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Also, I left the house with no wallet and no money last Friday. I ate dry cereal that day. Come back to me, brain. I need you. 
  • I almost left my purse in a restaurant a few weeks ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had a singular incident yet, but I do feel way less focused, and I hate it. So many things need done at work but I honestly feel like I am attention-deficit, and then just nothing gets done.
  • Hello there @DeansGirl14 just a thought, but this maybe best suited for the weekly ransoms thread, or maybe even the symptoms thread... I could be wrong...
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• I went to the store specifically to buy a cat pooper scooper.  Walked into walmart and completely forgot what I went there for.  Stood there for a good 5 minutes trying to remember, unsuccessfully, so I just left with a candybar! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was *THISCLOSE* to accidentally throwing our milk away in the trash can...Thinking it was the refrigerator lol!
  • Yesterday my husband and I went to let our friend's dog out 40min from our house. On our way back, almost at home, I go get my sunglasses and the case is empty. I tell my husband that I left at our friend's house so we drive back there. No sunglasses. I left them at home. Oops. 
    I've left my purse in restaurants twice since getting pregnant.  My H now checks and grabs my purse anyt time we're out.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I usually wake up in the middle of the night and get a glass of milk to settle my stomach.  One night I poured a glass of chicken broth instead (no, they don't look alike).  But I figured it out before I actually drank any, thank goodness.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • anokoch said:
    I was *THISCLOSE* to accidentally throwing our milk away in the trash can...Thinking it was the refrigerator lol!
    I've been thisclose to throwing stuff away too! The cabinet with the trash can is right next to the fridge. 

I'm also afraid for the day I do something like put my house keys in the dishwasher. My friend did that...

BabyFruit Ticker
    I've left my purse in restaurants twice since getting pregnant.  My H now checks and grabs my purse anyt time we're out.
    Since having DS I don't always carry one, a lot of times I just clip my keys on my wristlet and tuck my phone in my pocket.  That day we were out and about looking at dishwashers and I took a small cross body bag with me.  I'm really thinking I need to get something bigger that I can see 
  • Twice last week I left my keys in my car twice. It wasn't until I went to start it after work and couldn't find them in my purse when I noticed them in the passengers seat. 

Yesterday I was pouring my protein drink into just a water bottle and when I put the lid back on the protein drink, I accidentally grabbed the tiny lid to my water bottle and dropped it in the drink. So it's just floating in there now. 

@DeansGirl14 I love this thread! I think itd be good for a weekly one as I'm sure we will just continue to do more dumb things well until after babies are here!
  • I've left my work ID card in my computer several times and went home. I haven't done that in years but to keep doing it over and over was driving me crazy. Now I triple check that I have it before leaving work because I can't get on base without it...I can but it's just a hassle having to stop, get out, go in the building and get a pass and etc. 
  • A couple of weeks ago I realized my dress was inside out when I was in the staff bathroom looking at myself in the mirror wondering why I see the tag.  :| 
    This past a Sunday I left my bag in my friends house....realized as I was carefree walking to my car. 
  • I wore my slippers to the grocery store yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was just watching a recorded show, and couldn't figure out why my tv was acting up, every time I tried to fast forward it would skip 10 secs backwards, almost called my husband in to see if our DVR was broken. After about 5 rounds of this I looked at my hand and realized I was holding the remote upside down. So I was in fact hitting the skip back button. 
  • NxyNxy member
    @Shan870 I've driven up to base twice just to have to turn around and go get my ID.. less inconvenient for me because I was just going to get groceries but still annoying.

I also left my keys hanging in my front door.. overnight. Good thing we live in a nice neighborhood.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • About a week ago I was going to open a can of tuna and couldn't find the can opener. I went through the whole kitchen, emptied out the drawers and everything. I texted my fiance all upset cause I really wanted to make a sandwich, and after going back and forth with him and realizing it was nowhere to be found, I gave up and ate something else. I found the can opener a couple hours later, in the fridge...
  • @DeansGirl14 you will appreciate this, being a fellow Chicago FTM...I went outside yesterday to shovel (just the light snow on our stairs) start going only to realize I am 'shoveling' with our car brush. Let me tell you, that did nothing at all. Though my dog appreciated me essentially brushing snow at her. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • middy411 said:
    I set the timer on the oven, but never put the cinnamon rolls in... or even opened them.
    Haha worst surprise ever....oven timer goes off and no cinnamon rolls.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 you will appreciate this, being a fellow Chicago FTM...I went outside yesterday to shovel (just the light snow on our stairs) start going only to realize I am 'shoveling' with our car brush. Let me tell you, that did nothing at all. Though my dog appreciated me essentially brushing snow at her. 

ROFL!!
    We don't have a garage with our home but we sprung for a parking deck rental nearby for the winter. (Obviously, that's why winter was mild, because we took precautions.) I am SO GLAD I don't have to deal with digging our car out of the street. With the drifts yesterday it would have been awful. 
    And, knowing me, I'd have forgotten where it was parked too...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been forgetting the things I need to do at work and home. Like last night I kept going to the kitchen and felt confused to why I was there and then went to sit down and then I was like 10 mins. later oh yeah I need to change my daughters diaper that is where I was headed too my bedroom. At work now i write what I need to do because then my mind goes blank and my boss tells me did you do this already and I am like aggghhh I am getting there and he just tells me jokingly that I am too in love right now lol 
  • @kristenk727 I did the same thing leaving the doctor today. Got mad that my clicker wasn't working. Apparently there are a lot of cars just like mine 
  • We settled on a house today, so that means 3,000,000 times of signing my name and dating documents.... I must have asked my husband about ten times what the date was. Never mind I just dated something about 30 seconds ago 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I called to schedule my A/S yesterday and the lady asked for my social security number. I told her the number and she asked me to repeat. I spent the next 30 seconds babbling unable to remember it. 
  • I showered completely backwards last night..like I usually wash my hair, then body, then shave..For some reason I shaved first, almost forgot to wash my hair, etc. I finished feeling like I had forgotten something..lol
  • @Mango517 Congrats on closing! When's move-in day?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 Congrats! So excited! Now you'll start forgetting what boxes you packed important stuff in.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I keep turning on the wrong burner in the stove.  Thankfully nothing else has been on the other burners.  I also forgot to turn the oven on and panicked when dinner wasn't cooking.  We are really late yesterday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks @secicc12 and @DeansGirl14

We can't wait to move out but have get some minor work done in the new house before moving. Aiming for early May to move, fingers crossed!! 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • After making PB&Jelly for lunch for kids and myself yesterday I put the PB in the fridge and jelly in the cabinet. Face palm! I took everything out of the fridge this morning looking for it because I really wanted jelly toast...
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Someone asked me what I was naming the baby. I couldn't remember. My brain went blank.
  • We were playing rummy tonight and I just kept laying things down in the wrong order. 

And I've just been so clumsy. I keep dropping things.