June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• erinh84 said:
    Ok guys, I'm really starting to think I have a UTI. The last few days I've had this really uncomfortable bladder pressure, but I kind of just assumed it was the baby putting pressure on my bladder. Anyway, today the pressure has gotten a lot more intense. I know a UTI can sometimes go undetected without the usual symptoms, so I made a dr. appointment for tomorrow to be safe.

Anyway, I know only my dr. can diagnose me, but I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced this kind of bladder pressure before during pregnancy? I don't remember feeling anything like this at all during my first pregnancy. Also, if anyone has any tips to deal with the pain and pressure until my appointment tomorrow, I would appreciate any help. 

Edit: spelling
    For a couple of months during this pregnancy I had the urge to pee constantly. I could have just gone and would literally stand up from the toilet and feel like I had to go again. I didn't have a UTI and it has since gone away so I'm assuming it was baby's position. I found if I didn't hold my urine for very long it would be less painful. Other than that you could maybe try to poke at the baby to encourage it to change positions? My DD1 was up in my ribs during her third trimester and I could get her to move by placing an ice pack on her. Good luck! I hope it isn't a UTI!
  • @erinh84 that does not sound fun. I frequency have gotten UTI's when not pregnant. The only thing I can think of that is safe would be to drink cranberry juice. Feel better.
  • Loading the player...
  • My two kids and I were in a car accident today.  A guy ran a red light and ripped our front bumper completely off.  We're all okay and the airbags didn't go off, so that's good.  I could NOT stop sobbing afterwards.  Adrenaline + pregnancy hormones are no joke.
  • @CurlyMommy416 glad you and your kids are OK. Very scary. 
  • Glad you're all okay, @CurlyMommy416!
  • Oh @CurlyMommy416 I am so glad you guys are ok! How scary.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @CurlyMommy416, I am glad you are all ok. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • O no! @CurlyMommy416 I'm so glad everyone is okay! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Ugh, scary. I'm glad you all are okay. @CurlyMommy416

@Wearmi1 Sorry, lady!

Back to the baby/swim talk, my coworker came back from maternity leave today and told me about the Otterroo, which I had never heard of. 

It's basically a floatie that goes around the baby's neck (!!!). She admitted that it sounded nuts, but her baby is loving it. She showed me a video of him "swimming" in the tub and pushing off of her DH's feet at 9 weeks. It was pretty wild.

Here's a YouTube video for reference;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRNoO1hoxXA
  • So glad you and your littles are okay @CurlyMommy416
  • Back to the baby/swim talk, my coworker came back from maternity leave today and told me about the Otterroo, which I had never heard of. 

It's basically a floatie that goes around the baby's neck (!!!). She admitted that it sounded nuts, but her baby is loving it. She showed me a video of him "swimming" in the tub and pushing off of her DH's feet at 9 weeks. It was pretty wild.

I saw something about those a couple months ago. I see there's a buckle on one side which I assume means that's how you get it on/off baby but what I still don't really understand is how you can be sure it's the right size so as not to slip off but also not choke the baby? They look pretty interesting otherwise. 
  • So glad you guys are all ok @CurlyMommy416!
  • Glad you are ok @CurlyMommy416

and sorry about the house @Wearmi1
  • @EmeraldNC. And this just  shows how hard up NC is for decent educators.

@CurlyMommy416. So glad you are all okay. How very scary.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• MithKMithK member
    merrylea said:
    @Knottie42089123 - plot twist to your situation.... Last night my husband had to sleep in another bed because MY snoring was so bad!!!! Stupid pregnancy.  

Also, if its that bad, has your husband ever been tested for sleep apnea?
    @Knottie42089123, agree with @merrylea! Get him to go for for sleep test. I went through the same thing with DH and we used to have to sleep separately coz the snoring was REALLY bad and it was driving me insane. And when get got tested, he found out that he had a severe case of sleep apnea. They hooked him up with this machine (just a little prong in each nostril, so nothing crazy invasive) to use while he slept, and the snoring vanished! It was happy days in our household after that! He used it for a little while consistently and has since stopped, and his snoring hasn't come back...yet! Worth checking out!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CurlyMommy416 so glad you all are alright!  Car accidents are so scary.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @CurlyMommy416 so sorry you had to go through that! That's so scary! 

@Wearmi1 sorry about the house:( the next one will be better! That's what I tell myself every time at least. We've been trying to find the "perfect" fixer upper for 5 years now. Someday... Lol
  • So glad you and the kids are ok @CurlyMommy416

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• @CurlyMommy416 glad to hear everyone is ok.  I was t-boned once and it was quite traumatic.  So glad everyone is ok.  
  • tjvan said:
    I read in What to Expect today that at this point your husband (or I mean, anyone really) can probably hear the baby heartbeat through your belly, and it worked! My husband loved it.
    I don't remember how far along I was with DS when DH could hear his heartbeat, but it totally does work! He could hear two heartbeats, one mine and one DS'.
    I'll have to have him listen for this LO's soon. I wish I could hear it, but that's kind of impossible...
  • That's so scary @CurlyMommy416
    glad everyone is ok.  I would be shaken up too! 
  • I have a horrible head cold.  My face hurts from the pressure and I can't breathe through my nose.  So much for catching up on sleep over spring break.  :neutral:
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Elyse1384 said:
    @awillis13 I ventured out to shovel an hour ago and there was already 8" of snow.  I told DH that he is on his own for round 2.  My back is displeased and that snow is HEAVY.  

Does anyone else find it absurd yet equally amusing when news stations send their reporters out into storms.  I can look outside my window and see that the weather sucks.  I'm not certain I need someone getting pelted in the face with hail from a 60mph wind gust to understand that.  

I always think that is so crazy! There will be regions where they are telling EVERYONE to get out, oh, except, the news teams - they are sent right to the heart of it. 

The 2nd gif made me actually LOL!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @CurlyMommy416 - Glad you are all alright!
    @erinh84 - I've been experiencing what you described. I didn't think anything of it other than baby/pregnancy until I got a high WBC yesterday during my CBC blood draw. I sent a message in to my doc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @curlymommy416, Glad everyone is ok!!

I'm still waiting to hear back on the two jobs I have interviewed for.  We leave Sunday for Louisiana, so I really hope I hear something before then!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• MithK said:
    merrylea said:
    @Knottie42089123 - plot twist to your situation.... Last night my husband had to sleep in another bed because MY snoring was so bad!!!! Stupid pregnancy.  

Also, if its that bad, has your husband ever been tested for sleep apnea?
    @Knottie42089123, agree with @merrylea! Get him to go for for sleep test. I went through the same thing with DH and we used to have to sleep separately coz the snoring was REALLY bad and it was driving me insane. And when get got tested, he found out that he had a severe case of sleep apnea. They hooked him up with this machine (just a little prong in each nostril, so nothing crazy invasive) to use while he slept, and the snoring vanished! It was happy days in our household after that! He used it for a little while consistently and has since stopped, and his snoring hasn't come back...yet! Worth checking out!  
    Good to know it worked for you. It's going to have to be the next step whether he accepts it or not. I just booked myself my own room at the hotel we're at until tomorrow. We got a huge room with separate beds last night and the girl checking us in was like okayyyyyyyy. It helped to a point, but I'm at a major sleep deprivation level right now.  I'm supposed to come back from this trip rested and ready for the adventure of motherhood. And instead I'm a shaky raccoon. That wears ear plugs and has the white noise machine running full blast.
  • I just spent WAY too much on groceries and food for St. Patrick's Day. I just get so excited about all of the yummy things! I've been drooling over the thought of brisket and braised balsamic cabbage for at least two months.
     I'm going to try out Guinness floats this time, too - hope DH doesn't think that's too weird. 
  • mrtmrt member
    Omg braised balsamic cabbage sounds so much better​ than the plain boiled cabbage I usually have @ladylolly89 . Do you have a recipe?
  • mkrelmkrel member
    Aiden + Anais is on Zulily right now. Thanks to the July BMB, I downloaded the app last week and have spent WAY too much money. 
  • @Knottie42089123 I am so sorry you didn't get the restful babymoon that you deserve. Hopefully you can rest up tonight. I'm glad your DH will hopefully be getting the test too. Sleep apnea has major health implications for him (apart from you trying to smother him!) including stroke and heart attack. No bueno, especially with a LO on the way!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kahlan82 said:
    @EmeraldNC. And this just  shows how hard up NC is for decent educators.

@CurlyMommy416. So glad you are all okay. How very scary.
    I know, right?  And if you're around the Charlotte area... you probably saw on the news one of our employees (special ed teachers) was arrested for assaulting 2 of her special needs students.  The SAD part is, everyone who I've talked to who knew her and worked with her were not shocked.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @curlymommy416 SO glad everyone is ok, car accidents are so scary EVEN if they are minor!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrt said:
    Omg braised balsamic cabbage sounds so much better​ than the plain boiled cabbage I usually have @ladylolly89 . Do you have a recipe?
    Mommy+pregnancy brain - it's actually pan fried and then baked, not braised (I'm thinking of another favorite cabbage recipe), but here it is! Pioneer Woman never fails! https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/corned-beef-and-cabbage/
  • I am not so sure this is random... but it definitely doesn't need it's own thread - so for right now, it is going here!

Is anyone else having issues with DH during this pregnancy?  This is our 2nd child together (he has a DD5 from a previous relationship) and DH just is not very excited/involved in this pregnancy or really me for that matter.  I have said something to him a few times... but it seems to fall on deaf ears.  For example, last night the baby was kicking a lot (I've just started to be able to feel it on the outside within the last couple weeks) and I was like "WOW! He's really kicking!" and he didn't say anything.  Last pregnancy, he would be SO excited when DD3 would start kicking.  He talked to her, rubbed my belly, etc.  I remember before I really even felt a lot of movement, he would touch all over my belly hoping so badly he would feel her.  The interest is just not there during this pregnancy... doesn't ask about my appointments, definitely doesn't attempt to go to any, etc.  I might be being a little sensitive, but I am just SO disappointed that he is acting this way.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Dr is on my sh!T list. She won't let me do the glucose test at 27 weeks. I HAVE to do it either the 30 or 31st of this month. Seriously??? My husband leaves soon and I was hoping to not have to pay a sitter or sit with my toddler in a waiting room for an hour. Fun times. 

• @EmeraldNC This is my third pregnancy and DH isn't as involved as he was with my previous pregnancies either. Although it's kind of a blessing in disguise because previously he'd be all up in my business trying to tell me what I should and shouldn't eat. He's not really cared to feel the baby kick this time either. With DD he would talk or sing to my belly all the time. I think our husbands will be more excited and involved once the baby gets here... if not, I'm going to clobber him. 

@awoodruff27 watching a toddler in a waiting room for an hour sounds like a nightmare. I'm sorry :(
  • @EmeraldNC my DH is the same way I guess and I didn't really notice/it doesn't bug me.  This is our third and I don't enjoy my belly rubbed.  I think it's normal for them to act a little different each time.  It's almost like our norm that im pregnant at this point.  But if it bothers you I would definitely bring it up! 

@awoodruff27 I wonder why they won't let you do it early! I just did mine with my 2 yo.  An hour and a half of entertaining him at the doctor.  The nurse brought him an apple juice so he would have a special juice too.  Good luck if you do have to take your LO!

I got fruit punch for the first time on my glucose test and it wasn't bad! I always get stuck with orange and I hate orange flavored things so I gag. I also did my tdap and rhogam shot this appointment so I've been poked a lot.  This called for chick fil a on the way home.  Fingers crossed I pass my test! I can't believe I'm at every 2 weeks now.  Part of me wants this pregnancy to slow down now because it could be my last.  I'm feeling sentimental about the inside baby kicks today. 
  • MKRLTX said:
    Aiden + Anais is on Zulily right now. Thanks to the July BMB, I downloaded the app last week and have spent WAY too much money. 
    20 minutes after seeing your post and I am $75 poorer...

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @doodleoodle just got off the phone with my sitter. And shes able to babysit thankfully! She had said she couldn't until April because of school stuff but thankfully she's awesome and is making it work. I'm paying her and bringing her lunch as a thank you. 

@JessyKV no idea why. She just said it has to be after 28 weeks but before my next appointment which is April 4th. So no wiggle room at all.