November 2017 Moms

Pregnant girl confessions

Re: Pregnant girl confessions

• jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @kyersten I never heard it called that but am also worried if that happens I will drive myself crazy. I have 3 tests left and three weeks until my first appt so I am allowing myself one a week if my anxiety needs. I am really concerned if the line is lighter I'll freak out. 

Eta I also heard this can happen more often with twins.  But I haven't done any serious research into it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kschrefkschref member
    edited March 2017
    kyersten said:
    For those POAS often (like myself) has anyone heard of the "hook effect" where eventually the line can start to get lighter? It was my google subject/obsession today.   Now I'm worried if I POAS and the line is lighter, I'll freak myself out. I may have to back away from the pregnancy strips soon  :/
    I JUST posted about this in the PGAL thread.  I won't repeat my freak out here, but you can read about it there.  But in short - yes - have heard about it and it did happen to me today.

ETA: https://www.captodayonline.com/Archives/0612/0612f_not_so_obvious.html   <-- article about the Variant Hook Effect that explains when and how it happens.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @pawcall do you want to share this spreadsheet? ;)

• All I want is beef jerky. Like, the super salty Slim Jims. Can I have slim jims? NOOOOO. :D
  • @kschref Wow, that is great information! Sorry that was a scary experience but good for you for figuring out what was going on! Thanks for sharing. 
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

•  @DuchessOfCambridge do they make maternity tights? I wear dresses a lot and hate wearing them without tights. Black tights especially are my go to. But I'm definitely feeling you on the "everything feels like it's crushing me"
  • @DuchessOfCambridge that is soooo something I would do! Actually I had a minor BSC moment worrying that my workout pants were squishing baby. You're in good company 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge There are maternity tights! The pairs I've gotten have been okay - they're all full panel and it makes my stomach itch after a while. If you can get away with leggings instead, I'd definitely choose those. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @heatherdubrow thanks for being the voice of reason haha!
    @jess0211 so thankful for this group and others being in the same position as me, ha!
    @ugoglencoco per @kissthesky32 there are! I was just going to go up a size, not get maternity tights, but now I won't :) by the time I need maternity tights it'll be warm out anyway, my firm isn't so formal as to require nude tights in the summer. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge I totally thought that this weekend when I was wearing jeans instead of leggings!  Soooo we're all crazy!  ;-)

• Man, I'm just so bloated that anything tight around my midsection is making me super sad :(
    This!
  • Yes! So, so uncomfortable to squish the bloat. 

• I got 3 different shipments of maternity clothes in yesterday.  I had to rush home early to hide them from my husband.  It's not that he cares if I spend the money, it's more that I made such a big deal about trying to conceive around the same time as DS so I could reuse all my stuff.  
  • @captainfoxtrot omg it's soooo hard!!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @captainfoxtrot it really is so hard! But right now my bff's reaction (or lack thereof) is making it easier to not tell. The fewer people who know, the fewer opinions about my family planning I have to deal with ;)

• @captainfoxtrot It's sooo hard not to tell. Yesterday a co-worker showed me pictures of her new granddaughter and I wanted to tell her so bad. Last night my mom asked me if I had gotten my period because she knows I've been having weird cycles and was going to go see my doctor. Then today at work, one of our admins straight up asked me if I was pregnant (she overheard part of a conversation that led her to that conclusion). So now I'm just lying at this point.
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • I am going to take a weekly bump pick starting today. It's early but I took absolutely zero with my other two, aside from pictures that others took. I regret it since other people's pictures tend to make me look totally awful and I would like to remember the experience by pics that I take and feel good about haha
    I don't know that I will do every week. It I definitely want some this time around. I also have only 2 pictures of myself pregnant with DD, I was just too sick to care, but now I regret it.
  •  Someone tell me not to order 14 hot wings and eat them all. 
  • TourmalilyTourmalily member
    edited March 2017
    @LunaMo What?? No, eat those delicious hot wings. In fact double that order I'll be right there mmmmmm hot wings
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LunaMo said:
     Someone tell me not to order 14 hot wings and eat them all. 
    Do it!!!
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited March 2017
    I have 20 wondfos in my cabinet (I ordered a 25 pack 3 months ago off Amazon and only used a few each month). I have only peed on one this pregnancy and I cannot bring myself to pee on more...idk if it is out of fear or anxiety of it not turning positive again. With my loss, it was the most soul crushing moment to see it go back to stark white. AF would have been due on Friday, so that gives me even more anxiety. 

I also cannot hold my pee for more than 3 hours. I pee about 5-6 times a night and have always had a weak bladder. Just to get my BFP on DPO, I had to really struggle to hold my pee for 3 hours. I literally almost peed my pants. Pregnancy is going to be real fun with even more peeing. I am currently at about 2 times an hour.
  • I hadn't tested in over 3 weeks but you ladies inspired me to grab a Walmart cheapie yesterday...whew still pregnant!
  • @dragonfly87 - I'm sorry you are having this anxiety.  It can be so hard.   FX for a happy and healthy 9 months for you for sure.  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Took a 2 hour nap today while DS napped. No regrets!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I bought a fetal Doppler the other night, thinking it would take a week or two to come in. It's already here. The rationale side of me knows I won't hear anything for another few weeks (6w3d), but the BSC side is pushing me to try  :p
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Roliepoliecoley4 I'm going to get one sometime this week after I have an ultrasound. I felt implantation last time and baby was where I felt it. Hoping it's the same this time! At this point you will only hear YOUR heartbeat, but wait a few weeks and you can find it.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 this I know, I'm just saying I'm having a hard time not checking, even though I know I won't hear anything. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a fetal Doppler the other night, thinking it would take a week or two to come in. It's already here. The rationale side of me knows I won't hear anything for another few weeks (6w3d), but the BSC side is pushing me to try  :p
    Don't do it!  Even with a beating heart, you won't hear anything on a doppler yet, and then your anxiety will be sky high.  Even my doctor's office doesn't use them this early.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• You go @DuchessofCambridge! I have lasted 6 days!!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility