November 2017 Moms

Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

Re: Symptoms thread for the week of March 11

• @av2323 yea! I have off and on! One day it's a lot, the next not so much. I think someone else mentioned experiencing more discharge when being more hydrated. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @av2323 I'm pretty similar to @jess0211 with the sometimes yes sometimes no, but that's pretty normal for me anyway I think...must depend on how hydrated I am I guess!

• Loading the player...
  • They weren't too bad this weekend, but today... I'm SO tired and have been having bouts nausea, but I have this thing.. I either have ZERO appetite or I'm starving and you need to feed me now, but nothing sounds good! UGH! Sore boobs as well, especially my side boob when I am sleeping on my side.  
  • I'm so sorry @c+mpeachey, it's so hard mentally to be so sick physically. I hope they work out treatment to get you feeling better. 

• I periodically am getting a sharp twinge in my lower back. I am mostly convinced it's related to how I am sitting at my desk at work since it seems to only occur then, but the anxious person inside of me is worrying... a lot. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I told my midwife everything I've been feeling she assured me it was all normal. I have been having this aching that I don't remember at all with DS. And starting to feel more nausea the past couple of days. Nausea makes me anxious, and too much anxiety gives me nausea, so she didn't hesitate at all to write me prescriptions for diclegis and zofran, bless her. Hoping to end that cycle before it really gets going. 

• I'm still bloated and have sore boobs. I'm also exhausted this week. I think I could take a couple of naps. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FurmommyFurmommy member
    edited March 2017
    I have also noticed that my abs are sore.. not horrible, but if I stretch or move a certain way I can feel them pull...   TW: I didn't have that with my last MC.../TW
  • heatherdubrowheatherdubrow member
    edited March 2017
    @wenninger2016 is it like lower abs? Might be round ligament pain
  • @jess0211 I get sharp twinges in my lower back too, even before the pregnancy. My acupuncturist (who also does chiropractic stuff) says it's from sitting so much and weak back and ab muscles. There are some stretches you can do in your chair to help. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven thanks, I think it is probably related to all the sitting and because I am paying more attention to my body I am noticing it more. It seems to only happen when I am at work at my desk. I will need to look up some exercises! I workout my abs pretty often but maybe not the right muscles. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ShePersisted hahahaha, but I have the same thing as well, tender nipples but the rest of my boob is fine?

• I'm hungry but not. I could go most of the day without eating which is unusual for me.  The bloating is still horrible, it's all up under my ribs and makes me feel gross.  
  • @ShePersisted - Count me in on that one.  Never had it before either and it's freaking me out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Am I the only one who seems to lose all the blood flow to the lady bits? It was like this with my other 2 as well, but yeah, it's like when you sleep on your arm weird and wake up with pins and needles. So weird, whhhyy?
  • Oh god the nausea today.  Whyyyy is this happening so early???
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• So my pharmacist is also awesome. I appreciate my midwife giving me the go-ahead for the Diclegis, but the pharmacist was very honest about how there are no real improvements with the prescription over good ol' (generic!) unisom and B6. The prescription just costs more. Plus she split up my zofran so I wouldn't have to fill the whole, very expensive, prescription at once. 

I took two diclegis at bed last night, and one at lunch. Feeling mostly okay this afternoon. 

I did buy some cinnamon cinnamon tooth paste because apparently I can't stand mint anymore?? Mint is okay at bedtime, but it bothers me during the day, especially if I try to eat or drink anything after brushing. Hoping the cinnamon can let me get back to morning brushing!

• I'm right at 5w and only have abdominal twinges. Cramps have slowed down today though I felt them down into my thighs yesterday (like menstrual). I haven't had typical symptoms yet. I think usually I feel more giddy and spaced out around now. No breast changes at all but I'm still nursing a 2yo so idk. No fatigue, and I don't feel bloated anymore. I was starting to feel hungry a lot and need to pee motn but that is gone. I'm a little concernedthat what few symptoms I had have seemingly stopped, but realize too it is still too soon to know anything!  I broke down and ordered hcg strips from Amazon since the next two weeks are jam packed taking care of other people.  I can at least look at a ton of pink lines. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    @BayCamp Try some kiwi. Sometimes constipation and hard stools after can cause them to pop out and get irritated.
    @av2323 Yup! Team discharge over hurr.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • +1 for kiwi -- make sure to eat the skin! They're as effective as prunes for me. Good suggestion @NYTino24

I am also having a lot of discharge but I think it's from the crinone... 

And here's a new one -- I'm getting a bunch of back acne. I have never had back acne IN MY LIFE. Why.

• @adirat It's weird, but I have only had neck breakouts with pregnancy! Check this stuff out. My acupuncturist believes in it along with tongue charts.

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Interesting! Mine is on my lower neck and shoulder blades, zones 1 and 11 -- hormones. Well yeah my hormones sure are crazy!

Any tips on how to deal with it? I stopped using salicylic acid a while ago per a recommendation by my RE.

• @deeerfauxm I am 5 weeks 2 days and am having the exact zero symptoms as you and I am nursing a toddler as well! Its easy to feel scared and worried but I am too. Hopefully all is ok and we are just early. I have never wanted to be nauseated in my life until now 
  • @kelleyE3812 I'm a FTM and have very few symptoms. You described how I feel! I get motion sick super easily and HATE feeling nauseous. Never did I think I would wish for it.  

• TMI.... anyone else have an itchy vagina? LOL 

Wasn't this way until I got pregnant!
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• @kelleyE3812 sticky vibes!! I'm planning to call into the mw tomorrow or thursday to book an appt. I don't know at this practice how early they will do blood work or US. If they seem too slow I might call my old OB bc they'll see me sooner. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @deeerfauxm Yall make me feel better! Glad we have this group ❤
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    @adirat Not really...? Maybe sleep with a tank top or sleeveless shirt / naked to let it all air out? I know I was sweating a lot at first due to raised temps and that didn't help with clogged pores. Could be the progesterone. Here are some other tips: https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/whose-body/acne.aspx

• @adirat Maybe try an apple cider vinegar toner. I do 1 part ACV, 1 part water but you can dilute it more. You may need some help putting it on your back though. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• 2Dash2Dash member
    @adirat. I never have breakouts ever but with both previous pregnancies I had backne. So horrible! I'm assuming its going to happen again
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the pregnancy rash and it has been driving me insane! It was one of the first signs I was pregnant. No nausea yet though. 6wks 5 d, I guess I am lucky. I felt like my belly "popped out" a bit this weekend. I woke up feeling like I did a million crunches. I'm assuming stomach muscles stretching. And the super smells!! I love some of the things that smell good but man those bad smells will send you running. 

• @adirat with my first I had the worst bacne ever! I feel your pain! I never did figure out how to control/get rid of it!
  • I have a mild backache and lots of abdominal/pelvic pressure. Also, I am quite tired. This feels very different than my last pregnancy at this point, so I am hopeful that they are good signs. 

• I'm 5 weeks preg and got really scared last night. I caught what I thought was a cold from my 3yr old and have had a sore throat for a couple of days. OB nurse wanted me to get tested for strep. Went to my primary doc same day at her instruction and step test was neg. For the past 2 days Ive been feeling really cold to the point where I keep a really big jacket on all day long, come straight home to lay under my blanket and electric blanket together to keep warm, chills, no fever, no bleeding. Hubby made me ginger tea with honey. Feeling better this morning but it freaked me out because it seemed like flu like symptoms without the fever.  I was wondering if that could have been classified as morning sickness or if my body is just reacting to all the changes going on internally. Anyone ever have similar symptoms? 
  • 2Dash2Dash member
    @vassellbillings1 I don't have a sore throat or cold but I have been freezing the last few days. I dress warmly and drink tea and still shiver all day. The past two days I've had to have a bath right after work to warm up. I remember being cold in the beginning with my other pregnancies too. I just think that the baby is taking all my heat??
    BabyFruit Ticker