July 2017 Moms

TW Tuesday 3/14

Who's on your list this week?!

Re: TW Tuesday 3/14

• Right now? My work VPN. I'm supposed to be teleworking (Fed employees can do unscheduled telework because of the weather) and it's not connecting to any of the servers. We have servers in Norfolk, San Diego, and Hawaii. I'm not driving into work because I don't have a parking spot and am not walking my pregnant behind 3/4 of a mile on ice and the Metro bus service is now severely limited for my area. I refuse to burn leave because I am saving it all for the baby. Fun times.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited March 2017
    My hubbys job! With this snow storm (we got 2 inches**eyeroll**) and they mandated that my husband stay overnight into today and he missed my anatomy scan this morning and they wouldn't let me record or FaceTime with him   :'(
  • Loading the player...
  • Winter Storm Stella is top of my TW list, followed by my city administration which has made zero effort to plow that I can tell.
    My Subaru Forester is half buried already! The second yard flamingo is long gone! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @lfk2013 I was totally freaking out because the same thing was happening to me this morning but then I realized I had accidentally turned off the wifi switch on the computer. 

@nktrodden826 that seriously blows! Hopefully they gave you tons of printouts
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    @nktrodden826 awww I'm sorry :( u should have rescheduled honestly !
  • There are two men at work who are acting like stereotypical women (emphasis on stereotypical), with all their drama and backstabbing. They wasted so much of my time today. Assholes. 
  • TB app is on my list because the first thing I saw when I logged in was "Eating junk food affects baby more than you realize" and I was about to sit down and enjoy a nice snack of nachos.

Oh my goodness @GlitterFish I hope someone else is shoveling that for you!  We are moving to upstate NY for our next military duty station and I've become too much of a whimp to deal with the northeast winter again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lfk2013 I always try to tag you as "ifk" and it takes me too long to realize it's a lowercase L. Anyway that is such a bummer - did you end up going in?? Hopefully the servers started working. ugh. 

@nktrodden826 that sucks :( sorry DH missed the scan. I wouldn't have rescheduled personally bc the timing of the scans is important, plus I would not want to wait any longer. it stinks they wouldn't let you FaceTime him though :( 

@GlitterFish At least Stella actually hit you guys lol. We were supposedly getting 12-24 inches and it's maybe 4 inches and just nasty wind and rain now. Not even pretty. ick.

My TWT is Stella bc I loooove a good snow storm and it was lame here (just outside NYC).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chiquita928 Dannnnng!!! You guys got a ton. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 it's so drifted from the crazy wind right now I have no idea how much there actually is...probably around 2 feet
  • TB app is on my list because the first thing I saw when I logged in was "Eating junk food affects baby more than you realize" and I was about to sit down and enjoy a nice snack of nachos.
    Haha, I also saw that post! It really makes me think twice about eating junk, but it seems to be all baby wants!
    Haha, I also saw that post! It really makes me think twice about eating junk, but it seems to be all baby wants!
    I told my mom about this article and her response was "I ate very healthy when I was pregnant with you and look what happened"  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @irishrose54 - :) No. It started working when I switched to a different server. There's no way in Hades I'd brave going into DC today.
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • These people that keep doing one-off posts without ever getting involved are now on my TW list...seriously...ARE THE PINNED POSTS AT THE TOP INVISIBLE?!?!?!
  • good thing I didn't read that article. If I eat anymore carbs this baby may turn into a carb. 

TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited March 2017
    @OperaSingerMommy Are you going to Ft Drum? They normally get it a lot worse than here! My coworker drives there to see her bf every weekend!

@irishrose54 I definitely wish you had kept it!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @GlitterFish West Point!  I went to college in Ithaca so I've done the hardcore snow thing but MAN I'm not ready for that again!  Luckily we don't go for almost a year and a half so I have time to enjoy a bit more sunshine lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GlitterFish West Point!  I went to college in Ithaca so I've done the hardcore snow thing but MAN I'm not ready for that again!  Luckily we don't go for almost a year and a half so I have time to enjoy a bit more sunshine lol.
    Lol calling our area upstate is a sore spot around here!! I'm only about 45 min from West Point!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• The weather is my TW. I know most of ya'll are dealing with frigid temperatures, but it's 87 out and it feels like it's 120. I'm dying. My AC is on FULL BLAST and hubby is gonna be pissed. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• @GlitterFish Haha, I always thought anything that wasn't the city was upstate.  I only lived in NY for college so I guess I'll need to work on the lingo, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • TW is DH, he has been stealing my body wash. He has his own and it took me forever to find one I liked since I am real sensitive to fragrances/perfumes this just smells fresh and clean like an open window which is perfect. 

it's just a regular body wash you can get at any big store but the closest "big store" is half an hour away. So I am dangerously close to being out of body wash and I have no desire to drag two toddlers a half hour each way in this cold to buy more nor will I use his wash. Ugh 
  • @GlitterFish Haha, I always thought anything that wasn't the city was upstate.  I only lived in NY for college so I guess I'll need to work on the lingo, lol.
    Lol, you are hardly alone! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Dcwtada see if Amazon Now has it. It delivers within two hours 
  • @BusyZee wait what? What is this magic of which you speak? I have amazon prime but this sounds different.  
  • Ahh poop, we are not a zip code they deliver to yet. Whomp whomp- I almost had a life changing moment. 
  • @mslynn2012 NO No and NOOOOOOOOO. Give me swamp weather. Give me 100% humidity. Don't care. Warm weather can't be your TW when we're all buried in a blizzard here!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
    Lol, you are hardly alone! 

I'm laughing my ass off over here...I was literally finding this image while reading the above posts...scrolled down a little more, and *BAM.*
  • I'm sorry to get your hopes up ! But amazon now is a life saver! @Dcwtada
  • @mslynn2012 NO No and NOOOOOOOOO. Give me swamp weather. Give me 100% humidity. Don't care. Warm weather can't be your TW when we're all buried in a blizzard here!
    I almost felt guilty about my post, but if you could see the pool of sweat I'm sitting in, you'd understand. (Or maybe you wouldn't - I'm a SoCal girl born and raised, so I remain blissfully ignorant to your blizzard weather...)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

I almost felt guilty about my post, but if you could see the pool of sweat I'm sitting in, you'd understand. (Or maybe you wouldn't - I'm a SoCal girl born and raised, so I remain blissfully ignorant to your blizzard weather...)
    We get our share of those 87/feels like 120 days here, too...but I feel like a good blizzard here and there balances it all out. (definitely wishing for the crying/laughing emoji right now)