Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pack and Play

I was planning on using my pack and play as the crib for the first 6 months. Is the matress provided enough support for the baby? I'd love to hear some ideas and suggestions.

Re: Pack and Play

• Options
    I was planning on using my pack and play as the crib for the first 6 months. Is the matress provided enough support for the baby? I'd love to hear some ideas and suggestions.

We used the pack n play and the bassinet that came with it for the first 4 months until we finished her nursery (we had moved when she was 2m). I'm not sure what you mean by supportive. It's a good firm mattress, which is what you want.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    We used the PNP napper attachment with DD as a bassinet and then moved her to her crib around 3 months.  We use it when we travel now and we did buy an actual firm foam mattress for it, because it really only comes with a thin mat that doesn't seem comfortable at all.  DD is still in the crib so rather than buy a second crib we're probably going to have this baby sleep in the PNP for a longer time.  We'll use the napper until she outgrows it and then move her onto the foam mattress.  We went with foam because that's what we have in our full crib as well.  I believe you can also buy spring options.  Check the size VERY CLOSELY though - if there are any gaps between the mattress and the PNP it can be a suffocation hazard.  The brand we use is Dream on Me and it works great.