July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms March 13-17

Didn't see this started yet. Hopefully not stepping on anyone's toes...

Re: Weekly Randoms March 13-17

• We have gone completely mad and have decided to add to the chaos that is our life by adding a foster dog to the mix.
    We have 2 miniature dachshunds and a 70lb boxer lab mix. The problem is the dachshunds don't like to play with the lab and he's only 2 and high energy. So we're *hoping* that by getting another dog for him to run around and play with he'll leave the weenies alone and have his own playmate.

Our city limit is 3 dogs so by fostering we get around that and if it turns out to be a big mistake she can be adopted in 3ish weeks and we don't have to foster again. 

So tomorrow we will pick up a 6 month old lab mix, adding to our 4yr, 3yr, 2yr (dogs) and 18 month old (child)
    I think we've lost our damn minds.
  • Loading the player...
  • @LuLiLaEv  - Yay for fostering puppies <3

@kerils - I am not ready for more snow and we already got a decent amount :(

@oheliza44 - SCORE!! 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Guys. I did NOT mean for that to be so huge. (although it does increase the creepy factor)
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar that made me laugh so hard because it is terrifying and weird at the same time. 

Also, the bump needs to up their emoji game. (Insert surprised/terrified iPhone emoji here.) 
  • @oheliza44 i know! tb sucks when it comes to emojis. Also, I'm going to hope that my baby does NOT look like that picture right now lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @manillabar no matter what week I'm at, I always assume my baby looks like the fetus at the beginning of 'Look Who's Talking.' I mean all fetuses look like bad computer animation from the early 90's, right?

ETA tag. 
  • I think tb needs to update everything. I can never see any pictures or gifs that anyone posts, and half of everyone's profile pictures. I've uninstalled and installed and nothing works.
  • i feel like we're missing some regulars. did a private unmoderated july 17 bmb get started? did my invite get lost in the mail? 
  • @satsumasandlemons I noticed things were getting awfully quiet around here...
  • @satsumasandlemons I've thought the same thing for over a week or so.
  •  @oheliza44 That makes me so glad to hear! He really needs a buddy, he's always getting left out.

@manillabar I opened this thread up at 5am and about peed myself! Super creepy when you're not fully awake! :D

@satsumasandlemons Same. Yesterday was SO quiet and it's usually when all the weekly threads are started. When the randoms wasn't started at like 9pm I was like, I'm going for it. If something did get started at least you're not alone in not hearing about it...

• @satsumasandlemons I've noticed the same thing. 

How's everyone doing with the snow? We got a couple inches and now there's freezing rain. But I'm working from home today and we have power, so all is well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    edited March 2017
    Can I join the uncool kids club? Lol! 

What else ... nyc is snowed in, pretty sure everyone except me and husband has a snow day...

edited to delete a wall of text where I'm ranting about frustrating admin stuff at work right now... a) no one wants to read this and b) too specific to my situation...
  • I'm perpetually an uncool kid  ;) I was uncool in my theater group, and that takes some special talent. 

Snow wise, I'm fine and we still have power. At least 6 inches so far out there if not a lot more. My husband had to go to work though, and he's walking a mile in a blizzard. I'm so worried and upset that I'm not hungry. And I'm pregnant. He's a freaking customer service rep for returns. Why does he need to be there?? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I've noticed too. Meh...I have better things to worry about in my life than being part of the cool crowd anymore. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Snow is coming down hard around here. They have our whole county on a travel restriction...out whole state is in a state of emergency. It's been a while since we got slammed with snow like this. DS is so excited that the snow will he up to his arms, lol. He hasn't really seen more than 8-10" before, and he's losing his mind.
  • @kerils Oh no! I'd be so worried too! Was he told he has to go in? I can't stand companies that do that and don't put their employees safety over their own profit!! Hope he makes it there and home safe!
  • @LuLiLaEv They didn't tell him he has to go in, but they didn't close either. And he's still in his first 90 days. Of course my borough just called a state of emergency, so he might have to turn and around and come right home since he works in the same town. I'm so pissed off that the governor didn't just call the state of emergency in the first place! Dude, this is cranking up to be one of the worst blizzards we've ever seen here.
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • edited March 2017
    Count us in the blizzard club. It's coming down hard here and has been since 5 this morning. Kiddo and I are watching it out the front window as we speak. The grass HAD been greening up and it's fully under several inches already and the governer has restricted all but emergency travel until tomorrow morning. Even the navy base is shut down to all but essential personnel. Hot chocolate, chocolate covered strawberries, and a fire it is, then. Just hoping we don't lose power till after I finish running this dish washer.

On a separate but related note: I ran out yesterday to grab the essential but totally forgot to grab diapers and realized this morning that I only have about 7 left. Really, REALLY hoping that's enough to make it till tomorrow...
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm part of the uncool crowd, too. I've been a little quiet lately, but that's solely because I've been super busy. Work is kicking my ass this week. We spent all weekend working on DD's room and getting too small stuff put up. DH is out of town again this weekend. There's just too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. 
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    edited March 2017
    I think we got about 6in so far... they keep changing the totals, at one point they said it would be a wintry mix but it's definitely all huge fluffy snow flakes here. Thankfully my attending agreed to round early so I got home by 8:30 this morning. And H was sweet enough to come get me and walk me down the hill so I don't slip and fall since they're sooo bad as cleaning the path down the hill towards our building. 

Hope everyone one else is staying warm and safe! It's nap time for me now!!

Eta: @ktewart I hope your diapers last! For some reason the Hanukkah story comes to mind lol maybe the diapers will keep miraculously appearing ;)

@kerils what field does your husband work in? I'm surprised he had to go in, just about everything but the hospital is closed around here. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• I was away at the Great Wolf Lodge for the weekend, and so I barely logged in...when I saw WTF Wed, UO Thur AND FFFC made it without being shut down, I knew something was up!  Now that I'm looking, though, I'm having a hard time figuring out who is missing, lol.  Just seems quiet!
  • @manillabar Customer service rep for a call center. He deals with people who want to make returns on car parts..... yeah not important at all. Corporate just refused to shut down. I'm pretty sure everything else around here is closed too. And we're getting buried. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • i feel like we're missing some regulars. did a private unmoderated july 17 bmb get started? did my invite get lost in the mail? 
    Who have you noticed is missing? I've been MIA because I was away for a conference all weekend with spotty wifi, and now I'm trying to catch up at work. But I'm still here!
  • @SpongeWorthy I'm so sorry your going through such a rough time. I'm not even sure what to tell you to do, but we're all here for you and keeping our fingers crossed that everything turns out ok. I'm really glad your family understands that you don't want to go out in the snow so that you can stay home. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I hope all the snow mamas stay warm & safe. I remember being jealous as a kid of snow days because I thought it just meant everyone stayed home and made snowmen. All we had were smog days, which meant we had to stay in the classroom ALL day.

Now I can't imagine the fear of power outages, blizzards, slips and falls, running out of supplies, etc. Good luck, everyone. 

@SpongeWorthy you're in my thoughts everyday. 
  • Definitely not in a cool kids club..just working all weekend. 

@SpongeWorthy <3<3 thinking of you guys often. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Thinking of you @SpongeWorthy !! Here if you want to talk about anything or nothing or favorite Seinfeld episodes... do whatever feels best and we are all rooting for you! <3
  • @SpongeWorthy I'm so sorry for all that you are going through!

For me, I think a name would be important regardless of what happens though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @spongeworthy I have also been keeping you in my thoughts. 

re: snow. Over it. I am ready for spring. 

My random - one of my best friends just messaged me that she is miserable with wedding planning and is considering cancelling her Ohio wedding in favor of a small destination wedding. She isn't really close with her mom and none of her closest friends live in the same city as her so she just feels like she's planning it alone. She lives about 2 hours away from me. Normally, I would be super pumped about destination, except her wedding date is Aug 19 and I will likely be 4-6 weeks postpartum. This was fine with us when the wedding was only going to be a 2-3 hour car ride away. But a plane ride to Florida....that's obviously not going to happen. Especially since she might have to move it up a week or 2 to accommodate her SIL/MIL if it's destination. I was supposed to be a BM and I will be devastated if I can't be there for her big day. Obviously I want her to do whatever will make her happy, but I am bummed right now. Nothing is set in stone (she needs to call her vendors and see how much money she would lose). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SpongeWorthy Are you hearing something more about your amnio this week, or did I miss the update?  Still thinking about you!

@Rae1 That's a bummer!  Since you're due in the beginning of July, going to an August wedding isn't completely out of the question, even if it meant travelling.  But I would totally get not wanting to commit to such a big thing...

@ktewart I'm drooling right now.