A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • I'm excited because me and SO and DD bought camping/hiking backpacks and we are going camping in Sarasota this weekend! We bought all these freeze dried meals and lightweight camping gear. I am super stoked!! I want to do as much outdoorsy adventurous stuff that I can before the little one gets here because I know a lot of it will be put on hold for a while. 
  • https://www.msichicago.org/experiment/make-room-for-baby/

I found this interactive chart that shows how everything inside you moves to make way for baby during every week of pregnancy. I though you guys might find it fascinating too. :smile:
    Wow... that is amazing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg guys lol!!!
    I "saw" that video, but didn't watch it... someone post it here!! I need to see it! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    I think it's in parenting funnies! @Sugargirl1019
  • MyNamesTakenMyNamesTaken member
    edited March 2017
    @DPandMB So with you. I like cottaging but I hate camping. Why would I want to sleep on the ground and not shower? We rented a cottage last year that had satellite. My friend disapprovingly said it was not a "cottage" but a "summer home" because it wasn't rustic. Whatever. A vacation with no plumbing is no vacation I ever want! Lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MyNamesTaken @DPandMB I am so with you. DH is an Eagle Scout. Likes the eat what you catch kind of camping. I want running water and electricity. He keeps trying to compromise with a tent in a park that has bathrooms you can hike to, but I'm not hiking to a bathroom in the middle of the night. Give me a cabin or, better yet, a hotel room in the City. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • When we went camping with my parents we had a pop up camper with slide out beds and we still used our sleeping bags and stuff, I loved it! My dad told DH that he will give us the pop up once he retires. I'm so excited, I love the campfires, fishing, hiking, smores, I just love all of it! As far as the not showering, I just bring dry shampoo and French braid my hair. I can't wait until this baby is old enough. But if DH wanted to sleep in a tent on the ground I'd say probably not lol
  • I've gone "camping" once when I was 11. With my Uncle and his family. I was the oldest girl...and I started my period for the 1st time the day before we left to go camping. Yeah most miserable trip ever. I have never gone camping again.
  • @lahearn18 Yep I'd never go camping again lol that's awful!!
  • @daniellelynette We used to go camping in a popup too! We would crowd all nine us in an 8 sleeper, until we got a nice screened cover that went around the awning. Then I would claim the cot out there so I wouldn't have to sleep with my sisters. I love the fire and roasting smores, the fog in the mornings and hiking through the woods.
    @lahearn18 Ugh, that sounds awful. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmgsee YES the fog in the mornings!!! When camping with my grandparents, I was always stuck with the bed that was the table area. Lol that tiny little space. But when it was my parents and sister I'd get the other little bed with my sister. I loved that little popup and I can't wait until my dad retires and gives it to us lol lol! It has a little sink and a little stove and a little fridge. 
  • Sometimes during the summer dad would set up the camper for us in the driveway. I loved it! Until he made up a story about a loose mountain lion in the area. Thanks dad. 
  • @daniellelynette check yo inbox. i sent ya something last night.
  • @lahearn18 checked and responded! :) 
  • @daniellelynette We had the popup that had the "queen" on one side and the "king" on the other, but they were much much smaller than the normal sized beds. We would fit all 4 of us girls on the "king" bed until we got to big. And someone would always shake the camper in the morning so the droplets of dew would fall on our faces. 
    I think we sold that camper after some mice lived in it over one winter.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmgsee aw that's so sad! Stupid mice. I hope that doesn't happen to ours too! I remember one summer we went camping and my uncle just happened to show up and take the spot next to us, we had so much fun! 
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited March 2017
    @DPandMB I am with you. I have a bunch of wood chopped up ready for my fire pit...maybe tonight. But no wine  :'( but I'm going to buy s'mores supplies today. 

eta spelling
  • I like camping (I'll even do a tent) but there has to be bathrooms and a shower. 

I also like to sit around our firepit and drink wine. Basically anything with wine, I'm in. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lahearn18 said:
    @DPandMB I am with you. I have a bunch of wood chopped up ready for my fire pit...maybe tonight. But no wine  :'( but I'm going to buy s'mores supplies today. 

eta spelling

Yes. I'm just glad I wont be pregnant at Halloween this year. Every Halloween we make a fire, sitting in rocking chairs, drink adult beverages and hand out candy.

• Im clearly in the minority here. We took a 7 month old tent camping for a week in Yellowstone NP. We have a short backpacking trip planned this spring. I've also gone a month without a shower or plumbing because of a backpacking trip lol 
  • Yeah, I don't camp... I went a few times when I was really small, but since then I've been once. There were tornado sirens going off, so much rain the tents started floating, and I was PANICKED. I was with a friend's family 2 hours from home and ended up calling my poor parents to come get me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • **TW**

Yesterday evening, a message went out to DH's command. Our friend's wife passed away suddenly yesterday. They have 2 school aged children as well. It's just so sad. I'm so crushed by the news. So work today has been a little rough, as I really don't want to do any of it, as I am still processing this sudden loss. 

sorry for the sad topic. i hate sad topics, but i feel like i need to get it off my chest a little.
  • @DPandMB Bonfires are great!! We love getting our fire pit going every time the weather is good for it! 

Camping isnt something I ever really did until I started dating my SO. Sometimes we do comfort camps where we're close to showers and restrooms and grills. Springs are great in Florida in the summer. The only thing that gets awful in the summer is mosquitos so we typically only camp in winter and spring! Lol

• @lahearn18 I'm sorry. That is horrible. That type of news always makes me sad.

• @lahearn18 I'm so sorry. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @lahearn18 That is so terrible :( I'm so sorry for your loss. And those poor kids. 
  • @Becky012016 That sounds like a lot of fun!! When we go backpacking I usually just take a "cowboy shower" with biodegradable wet wipes.  :D 

How was it taking the baby camping? I want to still be able to do things like this once the baby gets a bit older. 
  • lahearn18 said:
    **TW**

Yesterday evening, a message went out to DH's command. Our friend's wife passed away suddenly yesterday. They have 2 school aged children as well. It's just so sad. I'm so crushed by the news. So work today has been a little rough, as I really don't want to do any of it, as I am still processing this sudden loss. 

sorry for the sad topic. i hate sad topics, but i feel like i need to get it off my chest a little.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry :(