November 2017 Moms

PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check in Week of 3/13-3/19

This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

Hey PGAL ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling?

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check in Week of 3/13-3/19

• 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling?

5 weeks by LMP, 4 weeks by ovulation date; I'm feeling nervous because I'm feeling good. I have sore boobs, but my stomach is pretty calm. I started antibiotics yesterday for my stomach and I don't feel nauseous or bloated like I did last time. I know it's still early. 

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones?

NMC at almost 8 weeks in January

I'm still really exhausted. By this point last time, I had bad headaches and bloody noses. I don't know if the baby aspirin is helping that or not. I feel successful that I haven't taken a test today. I am struggling to stop temping, but know I need to because they aren't accurate due to the aspirin.

He is being positive about me being pregnant, but he drove me nuts yesterday when I asked him to do more around the house. I said I wanted to take it easier this pregnancy and asked him to start doing more. He does a lot compared to most men, but I still feel like he should take on more since I'm pregnant and just came off a loss.

F
    irst appointment will be exciting, but they are bringing me in based on LMP and didn't care when I ovulated, so I will probably have to go back. Also, spring break is much needed!!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Would you like to do the check-in permanently on Mondays instead of Tuesdays?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? I'm 5w5d today. Feeling pretty good. A bit less tired, but more nauseous. My queasiness is often triggered by smells, but I have yet to actually throw up...so far. 

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? Placental abruption at 22w6d with our daughter (loss). Recurring placental abruption resulted in DS being born at 30w4d but thankfully he survived.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Pretty good, since I had my appointment this morning and got to see the tiny dot on the ultrasound. Waiting to get email that my chart is updated so I can see what my betas are. FX for sky high numbers!

4. How is your SO handling everything? Decently well. He's nervous, as am I. I think we'll feel better once my Lovenox finally gets approved and I start that. He also seems to have forgotten how tired I get in the first tri, so him complaining about a man cold and being tired gets no sympathy right now.

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month? We're going on a cruise to the Bahamas to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday. She's always wanted to go to the Bahamas so that's what the entire side of the family on my dad's side is doing! I'll be just past the first tri, so I'm looking forward to a bit of a bump and relaxing while everyone fawns over DS, since he's the only great-grand kid so far!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kschref Oops! I didn't realize it was a Tuesday thread. Mondays are pretty busy on the board, so we can do Tue. next week?

• No worries - can definitely do it on Tues. next week.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) 3 weeks 3 days according to ovulation. My boobs aren't sore yet, but I've been quite nauseous on and off through the day for the past week. I haven't thrown up yet though. 

2) MMC at 12 weeks in December but baby was only measuring 8 weeks. 

3) Elated. I only found out today and I could not believe it. I am over the moon. I am sure worry and stress will come later, but for now I am just so happy. 

4) I am overseas right now visiting family so I haven't told him yet, but will tonight when we Skype. 

GTKY: I am looking forward to going home and settling in (we are moving) I am also looking forward to spending way more time with my DH as I am not working atm.

• 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? 4+2 and the nausea is hitting me hard. It's too early to be this nauseous!

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? Next week is my lose milestone and I'm already feeling anxious. 

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Had betas drawn today and it seriously stressed me out. The appointment just shook me for some reason. Will have my numbers in the morning. 

4. How is your SO handling everything? He's very happy we're pregnant again. Cautious, but seeing my test lines darken has made him feel pretty confident. 

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month? March? Nothing. It's every teacher's nightmare month. April brings my birthday and out ultrasound and spring break, so all of that!

6 weeks tomorrow.  So, so nauseated.

3 m/c.  One at end of 1st tri.  2 before 8 weeks.

My mind is in a pretty good place.  Still checking the toilet paper every time.  Still POAS every morning.  Still tracking my temps.  But those things are helping me feel pretty good, so I'm not going to wean myself off those crutches just yet.  Honestly, it might continue until my u/s and I'm fine with that.

Really good.  Helping out a lot with the kids and raked leaves in the front yard tonight as we prep the house for DD's birthday party this weekend.  He was not like this during my first pregnancy after a m/c.  It has taken us a while to find a good groove at the beginning of a pregnancy but I feel really happy about where we are as a team right now.

My DD's second birthday on Sunday.  My ILs are coming in on Friday and staying until Tuesday.  I am lucky in that they are amazing and helpful with the kids and don't try to do things "their way" instead of mine, if that makes any sense.  MIL will also go do grocery shopping and FIL likes to do things around the house.  They basically see it as their job to give us a little break and I'm not complaining. 
    Other than that my u/s cannot get here soon enough.  Last time I was able to find the hb with my doppler at home before the appointment and that gave me so much peace of mind.  Hoping to this time as well, though it's really really hard at 8 weeks to pinpoint it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

I am exactly 4 weeks today. My fatigue hit me big time today, and I'm super bloaty, but otherwise doing okay. Anyone else crampy? I can't remember if I was crampy before or not. Not that my previous pregnancies are great mile markers...

We lost baby Jamie in April 2015 at 11 weeks and Declan George in October 2015 at 6 weeks.

I feel stressed, mostly. Like, when I found out, the next step was to call my doctor, and then when I called my doctor, the next step was to start taking progesterone, and now I'm out of steps. All I can do is sit and wait. I'm obsessive. I check my TP for blood every time I pee (which is a lot, these days). I don't know how to mentally keep that up for 8 more months.

He's been pretty reserved. I think his staying calm is an attempt at keeping me calm. Plus, my hormones were insane this cycle, so he's going out of his way to do things to avoid any more pizza related disasters.

We're going to do a six week ultrasound, which I know doesn't really show you a whole lot, but I think just seeing the pieces sitting where they're supposed to be might finally let me breathe. At least for a minute.
  • @writerchic12 I'm having a lot of cramping. I had a lot with my successful pregnancy too. And apparently it normal to be more crampy with subsequent pregnancies. I'd think as long as they aren't obviously menstrual like you're fine. 
  • Thank you for the "today, you are pregnant," it made me smile and actually not be worried for a minute, which is rare these days.

I'm currently 6w3d today and feeling rather normal most of the time, which has me worried that something is wrong, but then I'll get a little queasy every so often and get really excited again. I never thought I would be so happy to feel nausea.

I've lost two babies in the last 2 years and have one son who is 4yo. One was a MMC at 11w (baby stopped growing at 8w) and one was a loss at 5w.

Today I feel like Monday is really far away. I have my first appointment for anything other than blood work this coming Monday and it feels like it will never get here. I'm also really nervous for it because it will either make me a very happy girl if we can find a heartbeat or be another heartbreak and I'm not sure I can take another heartbreak.

He is doing ok. I feel like he won't let himself get excited about this yet. Other times, he has wanted to tell someone right away (and a few times done so without telling me he did), but this time he hasn't told anyone and doesn't even want to. I guess it is his way of guarding his heart.

Our appointment on Monday and then Easter with the family. As long as all goes well, we plan to tell the family at Easter, which will be fun.

@writerchic12 I also have been feeling a little more crampy than I remember from previous pregnancies, but thankfully it has never been too strong or "period-like" and they don't tend to last too long so I've been trying to stay hopeful that it is normal.
  • In which I freaked out for almost 2 hours:

So, I think i've said before that I'm still POAS and charting temps.  I was so determined not to test this morning but I didn't really sleep last night so I knew I wouldn't get an accurate BBT.  Anxiety tapped me on the shoulder.  So, I tested on a home cheapie and it was....barely there.  Okay.  Since I'm so used to doing OPKs and the like, I do pee in a cup when I test.  So I thought: These are cheapies.  The dye isn't as regulated.  I'll try again.  4 tests later and still something that really just looks like an evap line.

After doing every technique I could remember to avoid having a full-blown panic attack (I have a panic disorder as well) I finally remembered reading an article last time about the "Variant Hook Effect".  Sure enough, diluted the pee and the line was the strongest one yet.  

UGH.  I'm so upset with myself for freaking out like that.  I mean I'm not entirely, because PGAL sucks, but geez.  I'm also way sleep deprived today because DD is sick and slept in my bed last night.  I also really really really hate first tri and not feeling any kicks or being able to find hb at home.  :(

That is all.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? 4+1. I'm good! Still no symptoms to speak of.

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? 3 early losses, the most recent in January at 7 weeks.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? I feel good. I will forever check the toilet paper when I wipe during the 1st tri though.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He's happy! I think he's nervous too, but he's not really one for talking about it.

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month? Listing my house for sale, finding a new place to live, starting to job search more seriously. It's hectic and exciting!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thanks for starting one of these @NYTino24

Based of O, I am 3 weeks, 5 days. I feel a bit tired and have quite a bit of abdominal pressure. I am excited and terrified at the same time.

I had a CP in December right around 4.5 weeks. So I have a lot of anxiety just getting past that point and then obviously through the whole pregnancy. I don't really know why the CP occurred other than OB suspecting thin uterine lining (due to coming off mirena and minimal bleeding). I also had 3 very short, 1.5 day AFs after the CP. So I am concerned about uterine lining and have been drinking pom juice for the past few cycles and taking baby aspirin.

Today, I felt so crappy. I hadn't taken an HPT so I didn't know why I was so exhausted, my head hurt and was very bloated/crampy. Also, my back is aching. But glad I decided to break my routine of only testing after 13DPO to find out the BFP tonight. 

He is excited, but very cautious. He wants to get a "pregnant" or "not pregnant" test and to test for a few days. I think he is scared just like I am. But when I told him that my EDD is Thanksgiving, his face lit up.

Hearing the baby's heart beat! Hoping to schedule an appt for the 7 week mark which would be the first week of April.
  • @NYTino24 I am taking baby aspirin as well, in the mornings. Does it affect bbt? 
  • @dragonfly87 It is a fever reducer, so it can. Are you taking it on the advice / prescription of a doctor? Have you ever had a blood clot? Do you have a clotting disorder? If not, I don't recommend it because some studies show an increase in the likelihood of a birth defect and it can increase bleeding because it is a blood thinner.

• @NYTino24 Thanks for the response. My OB recommended it after my CP because of uterine lining concerns (increased blood circulation). 
  • 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? 6 weeks 2 days 

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? We had a really early miscarriage in August. Like I was 4 weeks and two days but when I went for blood work that day I was already down to 4. 

The next month we were diagnosed with an ectopic the way the hcg levels were rising.

I am a bit emotional today. I freaked out on my husband this morning because after work yesterday he went out with a friend for a beer and this morning he told me hey I'm going out with so and so tonight and I'm hanging out with this person Friday. Granted he does not hang out with friends often I was just a little upset that he packed it all in one week. Here I am 6 weeks pregnant, tired, have had a cold for two weeks and now our 2 year old is getting a cold. I just want him home sometime this week to help me. 

Struggles: I don't feel pregnant yet. I have had symptoms but they have been mild. I hope I'm just psyching myself out thinking we are just going to miscarry again. 

Successes: going strong without coffee. No problem taking naps. 

Good for the most part. He is good at reassuring me that I'm still pregnant and he seems to be handling the lack of housework ok.

Easter. If things go well that's when we will be announcing to our families. 
  • 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? 6w6d

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? I had a MC in October last year at 6w3d. I thought getting past that mark would help me relax a little but I hasn't helped at all.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Nauseous is out of control and I'm exhausted 24/7. 

4. How is your SO handling everything? He's usually handling things better than I am but I know he's worred too. 

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month? 8 week appointment next week, I'm excited and very nervous at the same time. I'm also looking forward to Easter and spending time with my family.
  • @mparmenter - Sorry to hear that getting past that loss milestone isn't helping, but I do understand.  I hope that your appointment next week will bring you some relief!  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MKMandeville - That does sound stressful.  I hope that he can give you some time this weekend perhaps to rest or go have some time outside the house for yourself!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    7 weeks 1 day today.  I'm worried still.  Had an ultrasound yesterday, saw the heartbeat and baby and I cried.  I know that we're not out of the woods yet.. my friends saw her baby at 8 weeks and 2 weeks later miscarried.  It makes me nervous to think about....

I passed my first MC milestone a while ago, but this was the first time ever we got to see something on the screen.   The first time the TV has ever been put on and we got to see a heartbeat.  I was so happy DH got to be there with me.  
    I'm alright, very very tired, queasy on and off, I've been cramping and that REALLY makes me nervous...  Yesterday was a success, but I need to think "I'm pregnant today" more often.
    He's AMAZING!  On Sunday I was gone and he did all the dishes and laundry and when I got home(I bought a treadmill) he said lets get your treadmill inside and then you can take a nap.  He's been awesome.  Doesn't make me feel bad for sleeping so much and he's not much for PDA, but he held my hand walking out of the hospital today.  (He NEVER does that!)
    Spending time with my family. I start my new job on the 1st, within the same company, but am really looking forward to it.
  • 1. How far along are you today?  How are you feeling? 6weeks 1day. I'm feeling pretty good, just nervous and anxious, and I'm soooo exhausted

2. Share any part of your loss history you feel comfortable sharing.  What are your loss milestones? I miscarried last December in the 7th week. I had just scheduled all appointments and was so excited, and started bleeding while on a cruise with my mom. Still havent told my parents about my misscarriage

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? I'm nervous all day, everyday, trying to feel all mh symptoms, what sympoms are there? Are they stronger or weaker? I just imagine something is wrong by the slightest change in how I feel. Did a HPT again today, I ha e been doing one every second day

He's the best! He's so calm and reassuring that everything will be fine and so positive

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to in the next month? Easter and more days off from work.
    6 weeks today. Started feeling nauseous a few days ago. Really nervous and scared to go to my first ob appointment tomorrow. Hoping for some good news

had a miscarriage in December. Blighted ovum where baby stopped growing.

Feeling a bit sick from a cold and started throwing up a few days ago. But was able to keep my food down yesterday which is a plus! I had HG all throughout my first pregnancy.

SO has been helpful. I've been calling asleep really early for the past few weeks and he's been helping with the dishes and putting our daughter to bed.

My dd's 2nd birthday! Hope I can make her bday special even with morning sickness or severe vommiting.
  • @evaemilia I do the exact same thing with over-analyzing every single symptom and/or lack of symptom. I even asked my husband this morning if he felt that my symptoms were more similar to my first pregnancy (resulting on our DS) or the other two that ended in losses. PGAL messes with your head.

Also, I need to rant for a minute. I am on progesterone suppositories, which I don't mind if they keep this little miracle healthy, but I would LOVE it if they didn't occasionally ooze back out a bit throughout the day. Like come on, I am in a constant state of fear that I will start bleeding and now I have to deal with that feeling of oozing and then wonder if its my biggest fear or just the medicine that is hopefully keeping my biggest fear from becoming a reality??? So not right!!! But, I am pregnant today, so I am happy, even with the occasional progesterone ooze. End rant.
  • @mommawolff11
    YESSSS
    I was on the suppositories while I was doing IUI and the ooze is just yuck. Worth it like you mentioned but good grief! I totally ruined a pair of my favorite pants b/c I forgot to put on a panty liner one day. I'm on the PIO shots now and while those hurt like a B, at least I don't feel like I peed myself. hahah

5 weeks Saturday. Feeling verrrrry tired. Today was the first day I woke up feeling nauseous too. 

My son was born in March 2014 with no help needed from my RE so we naively thought it would be the same when we started trying for #2. Nope we just got freaking lucky 1 time! Tried for a year before seeing RE. Got pregnant from first IUI but sadly had a MMC at 11 weeks. Tried a couple months on our own, three more IUIS, then finally moved to IVF. 
    I don't think I will truly feel "better" until we are out of the first trimester!

Nauseous! Excited- third beta tomorrow!

He's always great. So positive. Mostly helpful when I ask:)

My son's bday at the end of March! Superhero themed 
  • KT&JohnKT&John member
    edited March 2017

5w 2d and I feel fine. A little tired and some loss of appetite, which is super weird for me.

I had one CP soon after we started trying a year ago and then got pregnant again about 5 months later only to lose that pregnancy to a missed m/c at around 6w5d.

I
    have been a little anxious the last few days. I had two betas drawn (one last Thursday and one on Monday) and was told it was a good rise. I was supposed to have a six week ultrasound but something got confused in the scheduling and the appointment ended up being closer to 8 weeks so we just made it into the 8 week visit. I started feeling anxious and called to see if I could still have the six week scan but I'm getting the run around. Trying to keep calm and be patient until 4/4 but it is hard!

He's handling it well. Doesn't know quite what to do with my anxiety but he is being as supportive as he can.

Easter..sons's Kindergarten performance on the 21st.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• kschrefkschref member
    edited March 2017
    Argh.  I'm so frustrated.  Just got a call from my OB that they have to move my first appointment a week later so I'll be 9 weeks instead of 8.  They only do u/s on Tuesdays unless it's an emergency and they said their sonographer was going to be out on my original appointment day.  They said they understood with my history of loss that could cause anxiety to wait another week.  I told them I'm fine for now - no worrying things really.  But just, boooooo.   I was handling my anxiety by reminding myself I was under the 2 week mark to that first appointment.  So going to have to restrategize.  :(  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kschref That is frustrating. I hope you can get in sooner somehow. 

• @NYTino24 - Thank you.  Most likely not though.  My practice previously had 2 OBs and 2 MWs and one of the OBs left unexpectedly so they are struggling right now to juggle everybody around already.  I'm sure when the sonographer told them she wasn't going to be able to come in that week it made things even more hectic.  I totally understand why mine got pushed later and not earlier as I am not high-risk this time around and I absolutely want the women who are to have the times available in the earlier week.  In my head it makes a lot of sense and I am okay.  It just introduced a level of anxiety I wasn't expecting when the phone rang, which their acknowledgment of during the call was nice as they know me very well by now.  DH did a good job of talking me through it when he got home too, bless that man.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kschref aw I'm sorry! We're here for you.

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• 1. 5w5d. I feel pretty nauseous (but I'm happy about it!) and tired. I take a nap pretty much every day lately. 
    2. I lost my first baby at 7w in August 2014. I just had another m/c at 6w in february. We got pregnant during the next cycle, so I'm hoping this one will stay around! I have my first appt on 4/5 so hoping to see a strong hb at that one!
    3. I'm feeling good today! Staying positive and reveling in the sickness, which I know sounds weird, but it's my sign that things are going well. 
    4.  He's amazing. He is so supportive with taking care of our 18 mo and helping me when I'm tired. 
    5. Our first appt, Easter, and telling our family! Our parents already know, but our siblings don't, and we're really close, so I'm itching to tell them!
  • Ugh I'm spotting a little bit of brown this morning and I'm totally worried. Not crampy that I can tell, but I'm constipated too so I'm not 100% sure. Pgal brain sucks. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• @elsieisamoocow Brown and not crampy is okay. Have you called the doctor? Eat some kiwi or corn and see if that helps with a BM. Is the spotting when you wipe or just coming out? Any physical activity like sex? Praying it stops quickly for you!

• @elsieisamoocow - Thinking of you and FX everything is fine. No harm in calling your doc tomorrow too if you're concerned.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @elsieisamoocow keeping you in my thoughts. Hope all is well. As @kschref saidit doesn't hurt to call your Dr if you're concerned. FX for you. 
  • @NYTino24 @kschref @Perfectypo thanks ladies. Hopefully it'll stop. I haven't called the doc yet but might tomorrow if it continues. The spotting is just on my pantyliner, a very light brown, and pretty light but of course there's enough to make my mind crazy. Nothing when I wipe. And no physical activity like sex, just a decent amount of walking. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• *lurking* but @elsieisamoocow thinking of you and hoping everything is just fine