June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Leave your thoughts and dear diaries here ladies!  Have a great week!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• I cannot wait to set up my kids new bunk beds!  We also dug the bassinet out yesterday, really starting to get real!!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Loading the player...
  • mkrelmkrel member
    I got back from a bachelorette weekend yesterday. Just happy to be home and back to my normal routine even though it means working. 

@FSUNole31 Have fun with the new furniture. I am not so patiently awaiting PBK to call me to arrange delivery for the crib and dresser/changing table. 
  • I have to share this........ Because OMGGGGGG -

We have a new EC (exceptional children) assistant this year, who, for lack of a better term is a complete idiot.  Yall - she just asked if a student we have with down syndrome would ever OUT GROW IT?!?!?!!?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC How did you reply to that?!?!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • mrtmrt member
    Because of the probable snow day tomorrow and the possible snow day on Wednesday, my son's school has cancelled conferences that were supposed to be held on Wed, Thursday and Friday. Wtf? I wanted to meet with his teacher, but I don't actually have any concerns, so I don't want to make her schedule a meeting after school. I like that opportunity to talk about how he's doing and ask questions. I'm really annoyed.
  • EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited March 2017
    c1tym0m22 said:
    @EmeraldNC How did you reply to that?!?!
    She didn't ask me, thank goodness.  She asked the other EC teacher who she is under.  She was a lot nicer than I would have been.  Just politely explained that his extra chromosome would not just "fall" off. Bahahahahaha.

eta: not laughing at the syndrome... laughing at her insanely stupid question.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrtmrt member
    @EmeraldNC people are astonishingly dumb sometimes. Wow.
  • EmeraldNC said:
    I have to share this........ Because OMGGGGGG -

We have a new EC (exceptional children) assistant this year, who, for lack of a better term is a complete idiot.  Yall - she just asked if a student we have with down syndrome would ever OUT GROW IT?!?!?!!?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Lol!!! 
  • @Elyse1384  DD is Bridget so I am partial to that name  :)

I had my glucose test and blood work this morning and DD (3) had her bloodwork too to check her anemia. She was already crying a little when we went in and then they blew her vein so then they had to redo it on her other arm. She already has a black and blue on both arms. We went for strawberry pancakes to celebrate how brave she was afterwards. We rarely eat out so she was so excited.

• @Elyse1384 I love Teagan!!  My daughter was so close to being this until my husband randomly decided he wasn't feeling it as much and we had to repick.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I know a Teagan... and she's a beautiful little girl.  But, I do love Bridgette!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had my glucose test and blood work this morning and DD (3) had her bloodwork too to check her anemia. She was already crying a little when we went in and then they blew her vein so then they had to redo it on her other arm. She already has a black and blue on both arms. We went for strawberry pancakes to celebrate how brave she was afterwards. We rarely eat out so she was so excited.
    Aww, that sucks that it was so hard on her. It's so sweet though think to think of a little girl being all excited to go out for strawberry pancakes with her mom. I can't wait until my dd is old enough to get excited about stuff like that!
  • When do you all start putting your babies in chlorinated pools? I'm really starting to itch for a vacation and am thinking of planning one for fall maybe to Palm Springs. I literally just want to be in the pool all day and dd would be so happy to swim that much. But should I wait for Micah to be a little older? Like springtime? 
  • EmeraldNC said:
    I think there will be June babies born before April the giraffe has hers!!!!
    At the rate the giraffe is going most babies will be born first. How far off are the dates for that poor giraffe? 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• When do you all start putting your babies in chlorinated pools? I'm really starting to itch for a vacation and am thinking of planning one for fall maybe to Palm Springs. I literally just want to be in the pool all day and dd would be so happy to swim that much. But should I wait for Micah to be a little older? Like springtime? 
    I think we waited a month or two?? Not long at all. By Fall, you definitely will be fine. 
    DS was born last April and we took him in June. We will definitely be visiting some pools this summer! 
  • Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure dd was around 3 months when we started taking her, but always at friends pools. Hotel makes me a little more nervous I guess. But I think september/October sounds perfect. @FSUNole31 what a cute tiny! Don't you just love the tiny swimsuits!? 
  • The pool question got me thinking.. We go up North (Wisconsin) to our cabin in the summer a lot and DH really wants to take Chloe in the lake ASAP! My only concern was her getting too cold. I thought maybe at first we can just put her feet in and later in the summer when the water is warmer he can take her all the way in just for a few minutes then wrap her up in lots of towels and blankets. Should I be worried about anything else besides just her getting super cold?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @alm52386 when I looked it up one of the concerns was that you want the water around 32 Celsius because they lose heat faster. 
  • I'm sure I'll be taking DS to the splash park, and most definitely the beach.  I don't know that I will full on put this LO into the water, but there may be some getting wet this summer while babywearing.  #secondchildproblems
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alm52386 said:
    The pool question got me thinking.. We go up North (Wisconsin) to our cabin in the summer a lot and DH really wants to take Chloe in the lake ASAP! My only concern was her getting too cold. I thought maybe at first we can just put her feet in and later in the summer when the water is warmer he can take her all the way in just for a few minutes then wrap her up in lots of towels and blankets. Should I be worried about anything else besides just her getting super cold?
    We live on a lake and DH wouldn't take DD in the summer she was born bc he was worried about illness or something?  I don't know.  She was on there all the time this past summer.

I'm bringing this baby in the pool when we're at Disney in September.  Provided I can find a nice shady spot.
  • delujm0 said:
    alm52386 said:
    The pool question got me thinking.. We go up North (Wisconsin) to our cabin in the summer a lot and DH really wants to take Chloe in the lake ASAP! My only concern was her getting too cold. I thought maybe at first we can just put her feet in and later in the summer when the water is warmer he can take her all the way in just for a few minutes then wrap her up in lots of towels and blankets. Should I be worried about anything else besides just her getting super cold?
    We live on a lake and DH wouldn't take DD in the summer she was born bc he was worried about illness or something?  I don't know.  She was on there all the time this past summer.

I'm bringing this baby in the pool when we're at Disney in September.  Provided I can find a nice shady spot.

stuck in the box:
    ^what she said.  I would have some concern over whatever algae/bacteria may be in a lake before baby has been vaccinated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited March 2017
    alm52386 said: 
    I would probably do it once the water is warm enough. I don't know what would be in a lake that would make a baby sick. It's not like the fish have whooping cough, right? That's just my gut reaction though, and I'd definitely ask my pediatrician first.

EtA- I am changing my opinion on this. I wasn't really thinking very well about how very tiny these babies will still be this summer. I was picturing like a five or six month old for some reason. I think i would stay away because of sun exposure as well as not being strong enough to really do anything in the water anyway. I would sit on the shore next to the lake under an umbrella and maybe dip their feet in occasionally, but not go all the way in.
  • Both of my other kids are winter babies so I didn't really have to worry about the pool.  I think DD was 4ish months when we dipped her in but it was too cold so we mostly hung out in the shade.  We didn't really go to the pool much that summer.  

My Dad recently bought a lake condo an hour away from us that also has a pool so I see us spending a lot of time there this summer.  With two other toddlers there will be no avoiding being at the pool.  I definitely won't put the baby in the lake because of the bacteria.  If anything I would dip her feet or splash at the pool. I feel like she will be way to young to really get in.  The hard part will be keeping her in the shade and cool.  My memory could be wrong but I don't think you are supposed to use sunscreen under 6 months. 

Im also thinking of buying this bassinet to use at the pool/lake condo.  I like the mesh that zips to keep the bugs away.  
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWMP862/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk?th=1
  • @JessyKV I was reading today that sunscreen is a no before 6 months, but sunblock is ok. I guess they are different? I need to research more and will probably ask the pediatrician if we really plan a trip too. 
    im going to try to just keep him in the shade the whole time. But Palm Springs gets into the triple digits so if he gets too hot we will do a quick dip in the pool. I think I want to keep it to a minimum since he will still have sensitive newborn skin. 
  • @alm52386 When DD3 was little, her doctor said the ocean and pools were okay, but NOT to take her to our local lake because of bacteria.  Just my 2 cents.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You guys, I am in hell. Ok, maybe I'm exagerrating. DH and I have slept separately most of our marriage bc his snoring is just so bad, now we're traveling this week and have to share a bed. I'm ready to kill somebody from the stress of being woken up all night. I have ear plugs in and we have a white noise machine in between our pillows. I told him if I have to figure out how to not sleep on my back or belly bc of pregnancy, that he can figure this out. I'm thinking of getting my own room, but talk about expensive. 
  • mkrelmkrel member
    On the topic of swimming with a LO, does anyone have any favorite swim diapers? I noticed most of the disposable come in bigger sizes and I am not sure how the reusable ones work because they all talk about holding in solids only. If they are in the diaper and pee, it would go everywhere.... Clearly a FTM question so I don't know if I'm missing something. 
  • @MKRLTX swim diapers are the worst. Pee goes through them. I only ever found Huggies. I guess they are more to catch poop though. At least in my experience. 

I also would never ever recommend the Honest Co sunblock. It was a deal at Costco so we bought some. My poor baby was a lobster!! I felt horrible. We only use Coppertone Pure and Simple (should've stuck to what we knew and forgot about the deal!) it's been great. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth with the whole "Honest" Company. 
  • MKRLTX said:
    On the topic of swimming with a LO, does anyone have any favorite swim diapers? I noticed most of the disposable come in bigger sizes and I am not sure how the reusable ones work because they all talk about holding in solids only. If they are in the diaper and pee, it would go everywhere.... Clearly a FTM question so I don't know if I'm missing something. 

Swim diapers don't hold in pee once they get wet, full stop.  Even the disposable ones.  Their true purpose is just to keep poop from getting into a pool.  When we take DD in the lake, if we're not expecting her to poop, we don't even put her in a swim diaper.  In the pool we use a reusable swim diaper.  Yes, if she pees there is pee in the pool.  But little kids (and adults) pee in pools pretty frequently, so whatever.  That's what chlorine is for.

I am annoyed about the pee thing when we're just playing in the yard in a swimsuit and DD's using her water table and then pees because then she's all wet...we started just dunking her in the lake when that happens.  But when she was a tiny baby (she was born in June '15) we didn't take her in the water that summer at all, so I have no input on swim diapers for newborns.  I think they make reusable ones pretty small but not disposables.  I'll likely buy reusables for our trip to Disney for the new baby...DD pooped pretty much every time we changed her diaper as a newborn, so I wouldn't want to chance it.  DD will probably wear a reusable in the pool unless we have her fully potty trained by then (fingers crossed that it is the latter option).

• I just finished my sugar drink for the glucose test. Gross. And now I feel jittery and weird. 
  • @Knottie42089123 - plot twist to your situation.... Last night my husband had to sleep in another bed because MY snoring was so bad!!!! Stupid pregnancy.  

Also, if its that bad, has your husband ever been tested for sleep apnea?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @merrylea my husband said this morning that he wants to move to the guest bed because of my snoring! I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was that bad! 
  • MKRLTX said:
    We use Blueberry reusable swim diapers. They will absorb a little pee, like if you are on your way to the pool or whatever, but like most (all?) swim diapers, there is no containing the pee once they are wet. We really like them, though! We use two and rotate if DS happens to poop in one.