October 2017 Moms

Baby(ies) Sex Announcements

I can't believe it, but many of us will be finding out our baby's sex soon!! Post 'em here, ladies!

Let's keep this thread mostly to accouncements, vs. congrats and comments, so it doesn't get too long!

@BumpAdmin Will you sticky this please?

Re: Baby(ies) Sex Announcements

• edited March 2017
    @BumpAdmin Sticky, please!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • @bumpadmin Can you please sticky this?

• @BumpAdmin sticky please?
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Just curious.. what does it mean to sticky a thread?
  • @Autumnbaby it pins it to the top like with the spreadsheet, intro, ultrasound and READ FIRST threads. That way they are easy to find as the rest of the board turns over.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jesssafishy oohh! Makes sense. Thanks :)
  • I can't wait!  :D  
  •  I am a little tempted the second time around to find out that we didn't find out with her first and it was literally the biggest surprise of my life, so exciting 
  • edited March 2017
    @babymish the Harmony Test?

*Edited*  I looked it up, never mind 
  • @babymish the Harmony Test?

*Edited*  I looked it up, never mind 
    :) tests for abnormalities and can tell the gender. Our IVF clinic recommended it.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I did the harmony test last week and they just called me today that my doctor's lab used tubes with expired dates so I had to go in and retake the test today. Ugh now I have to wait another 2 weeks :( My guess is a girl because I already have a girl and I've been so sick. 
  • My friend did the harmony test. It came back boy. She has a girl. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited March 2017
    My friend did the harmony test. It came back boy. She has a girl. 
    How? It's a DNA analysis. DNA is pretty straight forward...

ETA: Plus I thought this test looked for a Y chromosome to determine sex. So if it detects a Y chromosome I don't know how it could be wrong.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore

ETA: Plus I thought this test looked for a Y chromosome to determine sex. So if it detects a Y chromosome I don't know how it could be wrong.
    I agree with you @jessafishy. I just talked about this with my OB yesterday. If it detects the Y chromosome it's 100% accurate. If it doesn't detect it, it's still 96% accurate ( or close to it) . 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• We are having blood work next week that will tell us...I can't wait!
  • @jessafishy @canonmom413 I don't know what messed up. I would agree DNA is DNA, but in her case it was 100% wrong. She has all the paper work that says boy and it was definitely a girl. She even contacted them about it. 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

I agree with you @jessafishy. I just talked about this with my OB yesterday. If it detects the Y chromosome it's 100% accurate. If it doesn't detect it, it's still 96% accurate ( or close to it) . 
    If the test came back boy, it detected a y chromosome...which puts you in the 100% accuracy you just identified. I haven't looked up the test reliability myself, but the info you shared doesn't add up. 

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • @kerismatic I'm not exactly sure the statistics of not detecting either. That is a number I was told by someone who had gotten the test.  Which just like an online forum, you can't always find facts to back it up. What exactly doesn't add up if you just agreed half of that wasn't correct? Any who, all I was simply stating was there was a slight chance if it didn't detect the Y, it could be the most minuscule percentage incorrect.  Tests can be faulty in not detecting. They are almost never wrong in detecting. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• There could be a genetic reason a test is not accurate.  My sister was told she was having a boy through the blood work.  After the ultrasound, they determined she was having a girl and with further testing, the girl had Turner Syndrome.  So, while rare, the blood work can be wrong.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @dmellis02 That makes perfect sense.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @demellis02 good point. Thank you for sharing that. 

Pregnancy Ticker