Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: March Madness inspired - do you participate in March Madness brackets? If not, do you have a favorite sport to watch? 

Re: IF/Testing Check In Week of 3/13

• Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    @KristoKekerooni I'm so sorry for the BFN :( I'm sorry the Clomid is such a pain too and totally knocking you out. All the appts, blood work, side effects, prodding and poking is hopefully leading us toward a baby in our arms.. That is all that's keeping me going when I think of all the things we're doing this month too. I am rooting so hard for you!

ETA @tamalahoops I think she was just giving me all of the different scenarios. They wouldn't move forward with it without reason.
  • @wabash15 That's a tough one. I would think with 4 days of a sustained shift, you could be pretty confident, but the positive OPK on CD18 is throwing me off... I wonder if tomorrow's temp (assuming it gets higher) will cause your CH to shift to CD19 or so... Your BD is outstanding no matter what though!

• @hartmich thanks girl. normally my signs all line up nicely ... not this month.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I haven't even seen my effing doctor. The cycle ended up being accidentally unmonitored- meaning they kept canceling last minute and I never got seen. My doctor is awesome, but his staff sucks. He was out on vacation so he wasn't able to set them straight. He was pissed I wasn't monitored. 

Anyway, I also just started AF, so yay to that. My LP ended up not changing on progesterone, which sucks because I was hoping it would make my FW line up properly in a week so the IUI can be done, because if it looks like weekend, my doc will cancel it since they aren't open. They way it's looking now, I probably won't get the IUI done. I am so upset today. I'm freaking tired. So tired of this shit. 

And it's fucking Monday so it's not like I can go overboard drowning my "Cycle 33 sorrows" in alcohol. 

fuck this Monday more than any other Monday. 
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @antoto Glad to see you're back on the IVF train soon. Question for you - I stalked your signature and noticed that you plan on doing PGS testing. Do you mind sharing why you and your H made that decision? It's something I'm struggling with right now. 

• @antoto I'm glad your able to move your IVF up a month. Fx all goes well
    @KristoKekerooni sorry for CD1 and that your having such a rough IUI road. Its unusual that  your clinic won't do the IUI on the weekend. Most won't do IUI US on the weekend but will do the IUI itself. its crazy that they cut out 2 days a week because everyone cycles differently.  Well maybe if worse comes to worse it can be a TI cycle...
    @JuneRoseRuby i'm sorry your having such anxiety about BFPs. It might be something to mention to your BFF... hugs
    @tamalahoops This process sucks and its totally understandable that your anxious about this FET. Fx so hard for your little man that he's a fighter and the one. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @travelingcouple I'm so glad you've decided to find a therapist. It's okay to feel like you need help navigating through all these shitty feelings. I really hope that it helps you and you find an outlet. You're doing the right thing by taking care of yourself.  <3

• @wabash15 - Yeah, it's because it's just a regular OB. I live in the middle of nowhere. the closest RE is five hours away and I didn't want to juggle that with "just" an IUI. Now I am questioning it. 

@TravelingCouple - Good for you. I hope the therapist helps. I wish I could hug you, a big part is because I'm right there with you. I haven't stopped crying today and I am effing devastated. I hope your upcoming medicated cycle is the end of the line with TTC for you and you walk away with a baby. Hugs, friend. 

@Aurora1973 - Thanks. I will get over it. I always do. I just hate seeing the numbers get biggger and bigger. 

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @KristoKekerooni ahh that explains it. Sorry I forgot you were doing your IUI through your OB. It sucks that an RE is so far away.... could you work out some sort of mixed care where your OB does your scanning for you and sends the results to and RE and the RE does the IUI so that way you don't have to miss out? hugs I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this shit.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @TravelingCouple hugs to you.  That is an awful feeling.  We've all heard the stories of people who are just getting ready for some major treatment and get KU the cycle before, and it makes it so easy to have those painful expectations.  I'm so sorry you're going through this, but I'm glad that you're going to talk to someone.  I really hope it helps.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @KristoKekerooni So sorry about AF. It's so frustrating. We're here for you.

@JuneRoseRuby I feel the exact same. I hid my friends posts on FB so I won't see her pregnancy updates anymore. Anytime someone says to me "I have something to tell you" I automatically think it's that and my stomach drops. My co-worker said "I have some exciting news" and I could feel my eyes starting to sting with tears but then she told me she got a new job....it's pretty ridiculous. Also my SIL got KU on her first try last year and already said she hopes to be KU with #2 by the time he's 1....I'm dreading dreading dreading that annoucement. It's so terrible.
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• @juneroseruby @vintageandrea90 I totally feel you guys on the dread of friends telling us they're KU. I have a couple friends who would likely be trying now/soon and every time I get together, I'm like a hawk to see if they're drinking, etc. I've turned into a crazy person!

• @mrsdaddario I'm so sorry you have a delay in starting IVF. On the upside you and @hartmich should be IVF buddies!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• edited March 2017
    @KristoKekerooni I'm so sorry for all that you're dealing with right now too. It really is so draining on the heart and mind. Lots of hugs 

@antoto I'm so excited for you on moving up your IVF! 
    ETA typo
  • @KristoKekerooni I'm so sorry that now it's CD1 and that B AF didn't even have the courtesy to show on a day you could get drunk.  :s I'm also sorry for all the trouble you're having with your OBs office and the IUI. Do you think if your follies are sufficiently large, it would be possible to trigger early if you risk running into the weekend? Or I second the question about the possibility of doing the IUI with your RE? I know you've talked about that before and I can't remember your answer. Anyway, lots of creepy internet hugs to you and I hope your FW manages to align itself properly with the work week. 
  • @TravelingCouple Exciting!! Fx this is it for you! 
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Hello! Diagnosis (If you've been): blocked tube Cycle/CD: 27(1 AL) cycle day 8 Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): WTO What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) letrozole ovidrel and iui as long as follicles grow on left side How are things going? They are going okay- let down from last month TW the iui worked and then lost the pregnancy at 4 1/2 weeks- my sister is pregnant and everyone else I know is announcing pregnancies so it has been tough end TW Any questions? No GTKY: March Madness inspired - do you participate in March Madness brackets? If not, do you have a favorite sport to watch? YES I went to Butler and I love tournament time!!