November 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Didn't see this one so figured I'd start it.

What's going on with you?
November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• Pretending to work today because we got word really early that we are closed due to the snow tomorrow. Now I can't find the motivation at all and know it won't matter because I know that nothing will come in for Tuesday so I can just finish today's work on Wednesday. I'm totally enjoying every second of it because I'm usually buried up to my eyeballs with work!
  • Loading the player...
  • Spending the week getting ready for my daughter's birthday on Sunday.  Kids are going crazy currently and I'm generally letting them be.  I have OCD and generally have a very clean house but I my compulsion gets so much worse when I have guests coming - even though these are all family and we get along - and this morning I organized the pantry.  Again.  So hopefully we'll all make it through Spring Break in one piece, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @kschref I did my pantry yesterday! Every time I open it up I smile because it's so pretty and organized. Will see how long that lasts!
  • I have no idea how to get some data I need for a report and it's driving me mad, and I should definitely have already been done with this. No word yet on our office and the snow, hoping they tell us soon we're closed!

• I keep refreshing the weather to make sure we're still getting snow. I'm worried the rain/sleet line is going to destroy our accumulation and the office will be open!

• My in-laws will be here tonight, so I've been cleaning everything in my house for weeks. My MIL is a clean freak so it's been a battle getting things done while nauseous. 

I took DS to a friend's house so I could get some cleaning done, and I've spent half the time on the couch watching Wendy Williams and eating pasta. Looks like I won't have time to get the bathrooms done and it'll have to be DH's job when he gets home. Whoops. 
  • @Laurie - What ^^ said.  Pregnancy is hard no matter what.  I will say I let my 3 year old decide what we all had for lunch today because I was just done with everything by 11:30 today, lol.  I'm so so so thankful for nap time right now because it always seems to come just at my tipping point.  But I agree with @heatherdubrow - my first pregnancy was a lot harder in many ways.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Snow day here too! I'm so excited especially since I didn't sleep much this weekend!

• @slaven I have a friend at Ft Drum and I know there's no way to ever actually tell you who I know, but I just want to be like, omg you could be frieennddsss!! So basically, there's a human there, who is very nice, and I hope you coincidentally get to meet this person. I also don't blame you for wanting to avoid shoveling that snow because it comes down in comically high numbers. (Of course, they're used to it, so they handle it better than my city handles two inches, but I digress.)

• @ArtificialRed Actually I'm from NH and my inlaws are in northern MA so we're used to snow. I've just never lived by myself and have never had to shovel it myself. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• DS2 woke up with a fever so I'm laying in bed with him watching Moana while DH makes breakfast and DS1 does homework. This snow day ain't too shabby so far!
  • We don't have a snow day but I am working from home anyway! I'm not traveling in this ice. 

• We are expecting 18-24 and I know a few people who are still being told to come in to work. At a snowfall rate of 2-3 inches per hour, I'd be sure to tell them my life is more important. New Englanders are nuts sometimes with their "it's just a little snow" mindset  :D
  • pawcall said:
    I hate that "snow day" = "do all your work from home while your kid runs rampant" day. 
    Yes! These are the worst kinds of days - half-ass working and half-ass parenting. And all the stress! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @DuchessOfCambridge The control line darker than the test line is one of my favorite pregnancy happenings! I'm so excited to hit that point! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• This snow is for the birds. DH shoveled before he left at 6:30, and I was still out shoveling for 45 minutes at 8:30. Almost an inch was already down where I started. Next time we have decks surrounding 80% of our house, DH better be retired. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @DuchessOfCambridge that's a great feeling isn't it?!

Snow Day here!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ArtificialRed and @slaven such a small world! My cousin's BF is at Drum and she is there allllll the time too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ugoglencoco I'm glad NJ declared a state of emergency. That means only essential personnel (hospital workers, police, fire, etc.) should be on the road. Unfortunately, MH is one of those workers... so I worry! Luckily he drove in last night instead of this morning, but I don't want him driving a fire truck in this, specifically those tiny city streets where he works!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24  - my FI also drives a fire truck and while I hope everyone who needs help gets it, I really don't want him out in this weather. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @pawcall is he a paid FF? I noticed your announcement accessories. Super cute!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • No, we're almost all volunteer in this area. He's a FF with the state of Pennsylvania but currently he's Fire Police Captain and prefers the FP work now that he's getting older and has a family to stay safe for. I'm thankful for his boring day job, that's for sure. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @DuchessOfCambridge @kissthesky32 I haven't done a hpt since I started getting betas done at the RE's...but now I kind of want to because I want to see a line darker than the control!!! 

• All of you wives of fire/police/ems are awesome! I can't imagine all the worry you guys must go through!
  • This snow day means I'm about to eat pizza for breakfast while watching some bad reality TV and starting a registry because talking about it today got me excited to start

• I am totally enjoying the snow day and now made an impulse decision to go to Barcelona for spring break as tickets were cheap. I have 3 days to plan the whole trip. Anyone who has ideas where to start or been to Barcelona before? 
  • @ShePersisted TripAdvisor is always my go-to!

• I am so hungry but feel bad eating before DH who has been out in this cold and snow for two hours shoveling ...but...so.very.hungry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 shoveling is hard but growing a human is harder. You deserve a snack!