August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/13

How are you feeling today?  Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/13

• I came down with a cold, so that's annoying. At least it happened on the week I have the week off from work.
    Also have not puked in 5 days. Maybe morning sickness is gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm just..... TIRED. Yesterday I was outright lethargic. 

Sticking to my one, 6-oz cup of proper coffee a day though. Yawn. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a gallbladder attack last night that lasted 3-4 hours. I thought it was gas pain until it radiates through to my shoulders. It was awful and from what I've read, it's more common during pregnancy. Anyone else had this? 

I followed up up with my OB this morning to see how to proceed. I'm waiting to hear back. 
  • Back pain.  I  never imagined I'd already have this much lower back pain when my bump is still relatively small.  Saturday night I was at a crawfish boil and it was killing me to stand at the table for 30 minutes and eat.  Then yesterday I cleaned all day--laundry, vaccummed couches, etc--and I literally could barely move during and after (but I wouldn't let myself stop bc I finally found the energy to do it!) Still in pain today...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm also having lower back pain @NatSprat0703 A heating pad has really helped (I have one that's like a towel so it can wrap around). 

I'm so freaking emotional! Must be having a 2nd trimester hormonal surge or something. I hate crying! 
  • I feel everyone on the back pain and also hip pain. I'm so sure it's going to get worse :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @NatSprat0703 - So much back pain. I've been talking to my doctor about it for a while. I have a different kind of pain from walking/running than from doing household chores or just having to stand somewhere for a while. Talking to the doctor about the first one because exercises can help but the second one (which you're talking about ) sounds pretty standard during pregnancy so I'm just dealing with it, but trying to find a seat or take breaks during chores.

No new symptoms but hoping to figure out if this pain I've been having is related to an ovarian cyst they found at my last ultrasound or just normal, pregnancy discomfort at my appointment this afternoon.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• +1 on the back pain. Luckily sleep seems to help (less compression, maybe?) on a soft bed. Hot shower totally did not help as I'd hoped. @PinkPrincessPiper, I'd be interested in knowing what heating pad you use - I might be ordering one on Amazon this week.
  • @lyse01 I got mine at Rite Aid, but here's a link to the same one on Amazon:

Mind & Body Electric Spa Wrap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HIQD5Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_JJYXybTXR9FXN 
  • Me too on the back pain and feeling just super emotional. It kinda boarders on feeling depressed/anxious. But I'm also super irritable. I hate it, ugh
  • I had a gallbladder attack last night that lasted 3-4 hours. I thought it was gas pain until it radiates through to my shoulders. It was awful and from what I've read, it's more common during pregnancy. Anyone else had this? 

I followed up up with my OB this morning to see how to proceed. I'm waiting to hear back. 
    I had my gallbladder removed in October. I had an AWFUL pregnancy the first time because my gall bladder kept making me so so sick. 

I was NOT about to get pregnant again until I had it removed. I'm so glad I did.
  • I third (fourth, fifth maybe?) the back pain but mine is centered around the tail bone. I'm also finding my body to be very tired after just mild "exercise." 
  • Has anyone ever tried a maternity back support belts? My back has started to hurt and my last pregnancy my back hurt so bad. I'm thinking about getting one since I've started to have pain but i was wondering if they really helped. Other then back pain just really sore boobs!
  • @kodariah my sister just used one and I'm going to borrow it or get one this time.  I had a pinched nerve in my lower back during my 1st pregnancy that resulted in PT.  I didn't know it was a pinched nerve and thought it was just pregnancy discomfort.  The neurologist I saw recommended that for my next pregnancy I get one.  

• kodariah said:
    Has anyone ever tried a maternity back support belts? My back has started to hurt and my last pregnancy my back hurt so bad. I'm thinking about getting one since I've started to have pain but i was wondering if they really helped. Other then back pain just really sore boobs!
    One was recommended to me for exercise but I haven't yet purchased it. However, my Your Best Pregnancy book said it can help alleviate pain but don't rely on it. If you rely on it, your muscles weaken further, making everything worse, because your muscles get used to not working as hard. (This is for just regular back pain, not for situations like pelvic separation- different story there.)
    Maybe get one and use it for activities you know will aggravate your pain. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pregnancy insomnia hit hard last night. And of course nothing was happening on this board to entertain me lol. I've also been emotional and stressing about getting started on the new nursery. It's our only free room so it's packed full of random stuff. Also the dog has taken over the sunroom so there are many displaced items from that room in the nursery. DH doesn't want to hear me constantly telling him we need to clean it out but I know I'm going to have to end up doing it myself since he thinks everything can wait uggggh
  • @middy411 This always happens to me. The board is quiet when I have insomnia or a moment to read (like waiting for the doctor)

• morgy_bee said:
    I had a gallbladder attack last night that lasted 3-4 hours. I thought it was gas pain until it radiates through to my shoulders. It was awful and from what I've read, it's more common during pregnancy. Anyone else had this? 

I had excruciating pain shooting up my back & through my stomach to the point I would be bent over and just cry/throw up when I was in my 2nd trimester with my first child. I was hospitalized and they told me I had stones...nothing they could do (this was 12 yrs ago, maybe things are different now). After I had her I had my gall bladder removed but prior to that it was on/off torture. Sorry you're dealing with this.
  • I have a potentially TMI symptom and I'm wondering if it's normal? I'm a little more than 16 weeks and I noticed that there's a very small amount of yellow, dried stuff right on the tip on my nipples. Could this be colostrum? Seems a bit early if this were the case, but I'm trying not to assume it's anything bad just yet. Anyone else have this? 
  • i am so sore down there. ugh it feels like someone hit me in the crotch with a baseball bat.  i think i remember the same pain with DD. it's annoying and i walk weird lol 
  • I have a potentially TMI symptom and I'm wondering if it's normal? I'm a little more than 16 weeks and I noticed that there's a very small amount of yellow, dried stuff right on the tip on my nipples. Could this be colostrum? Seems a bit early if this were the case, but I'm trying not to assume it's anything bad just yet. Anyone else have this? 
    My OB mentioned this possibility at my last appointment. She said it's more than normal and not to worry since it is colostrum, like you said. All good!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm feeling really emotionally shitty lately. I just feel blah and gray. Combine that with my recent insomnia/trouble sleeping and I've transformed into a bit of a short tempered asshole. :/ I hope everything improves soon.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 Sorry you're feeling so blah..I hate that. Can you do something for yourself this weekend? Mani/pedi, take a bath..something you enjoy that might help you feel better?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 Thanks so much! Always good to know that this is likely normal. Just seemed so early for it to be happening but I guess the boobies are just gearing up for lots of food production!

• @mrsjqg1024 so glad you asked this, I came on last night to ask about it, but saw someone already had..I wasn't expecting that this soon I guess. @secicc12 appreciate the reply, good to know.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Despite pilates and kegals, I think the snissing has started. Thank goodness I always wear a pantyliner these days. I have a bad cold right now, so between forceful nose blowing and forceful sneezes, I've felt a few squirts :tired_face:

• hahahaha @dinofreak - I was kinda like what the heck is Snissing? That's a great term - never heard that one. I've been having it too...if I'm not ready for the sneeze in time I'm screwed. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @morgy_bee I didn't even know gallbladder attacks were a thing!! I hope that shit stops soon. 

Two things: 1) For those who have been pregnant with a boy & a girl, were you more emotional with the boy? I keep freaking crying...! I wasn't this emotional with my daughter. 2) Braxton hicks. The almighty internet says it's normal to have them at 20 weeks but it seems waaay early compared to last time. 
  • My nipples have been so itchy.  I had to stop myself from putting my hand in my bra to itch while grocery shopping yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Vamason89 from my experience my second pregnancy I noticed Braxton Hicks way sooner than with my first. Also later on they hurt way worse than they ever did with my first. Just giving you a heads up. I had what I thought was real contractions for like 12 hours one night and the bam they went away! Just practicing, but it sure scared me since I was only 34 weeks that time. 
  • @middy411 gah my husband is the same way!! He keeps saying stuff can wait. But I want it done the sooner the better!! So I can just sit in the nursery and admire it for awhile lol
    @dinofreak yes!!! Everytime I sneeze I have to cross my legs, so annoying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vamason89 said:
    @morgy_bee I didn't even know gallbladder attacks were a thing!! I hope that shit stops soon. 

Two things: 1) For those who have been pregnant with a boy & a girl, were you more emotional with the boy? I keep freaking crying...! I wasn't this emotional with my daughter. 2) Braxton hicks. The almighty internet says it's normal to have them at 20 weeks but it seems waaay early compared to last time. 
    With this baby I am having Braxton hicks when I have to pee really badly and also after sex. I know with my last two pregnancies it started a little later,  but it started this time around week 14 for me. My midwife said they can happen at anytime, and us multiple time moms are going to notice it early because we are aware what they are, whereas ftm's typically won't know what's happening until later or may not notice them at all. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• The last three nights I have been waking up so dang hungry. Last night with dinner I made a large batch of dinner rolls, and I had two as a 3am snack. Delicious. If I don't have a snack when I wake up I will be sick when I get up a little later on so I'm just going with it. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• I hate Google!  At out A/S this morning tech said that my placenta was touching my cervix and that the OB would talk with us more about it at our appointment which happens to be later today.  I am now a bit freaked out as I made the mistake of Googling it.  I have also been having some BH contractions as well.  Which make me even more nervous.  Anyone else have placenta previa or low lying placenta?  I'm a little over 19 weeks.  

Seriously counting the hours until my 3pm appointment.  DH doesn't seem worried at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate Google!  At out A/S this morning tech said that my placenta was touching my cervix and that the OB would talk with us more about it at our appointment which happens to be later today.  I am now a bit freaked out as I made the mistake of Googling it.  I have also been having some BH contractions as well.  Which make me even more nervous.  Anyone else have placenta previa or low lying placenta?  I'm a little over 19 weeks.  

Seriously counting the hours until my 3pm appointment.  DH doesn't seem worried at all.
    My "What to expect when you're expecting" book said not to worry about that. Odds are it'll move. At least you have an appointment shortly and surely they can reassure you! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14,

That's what DH thinks.  I have to remember Google is just as bad a fearmonger as any type of social media.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Lauradi1010 my sister and I both had low lying placentas at 20 weeks. At our next appointment 4 weeks later all was well. Back away from the Google. 
  • Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi ladies,

OB's appt was not as reassuring as I hoped.  He was a little concerned about the placenta previa and nixed all travel plans until we know definitely with a 32 week ultrasound in June.  

Unfortunately, there was a second issue with the anatomy scan which he thought we knew about from this morning.  OB informed us that the anatomy scan did not pick up the left ventricle outflow, so now we need a repeat u/s to get more heart pictures.  Baby wasn't super co-operative when doing the heart and was in a bad position, but now I am even more worried.

Anyone else have this happen?  I hate stressing over potentially nothing.  Fo DS everything checked out on the first go around.   

I hate advanced medical technology right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Lauradi1010 - so sorry you're going though this! My sister has the same discovery with the heart at her anatomy scan (I remember well as I was with her) - it did turn out that it was just that they couldn't get a good image as the baby wasn't cooperating and all showed to be ok with the second try when she went a week later. 
    So hard not to worry but hopefully you can get that next scan soon and gets some answers. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!