August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 3/13

Comments? Questions? Rants? Raves?
If you don't know where it goes, it goes here! Unless you want to ask us to guess your baby's sex. Then here's not the place. Try www.google.com. 

Re: Weekly Random 3/13

• I can't wait for A/S! At the same time I want to get it done at the optimal time. Is there any difference of doing it at 18, 19, or 20 weeks?
  • Loading the player...
  • LivLew said:
    I can't wait for A/S! At the same time I want to get it done at the optimal time. Is there any difference of doing it at 18, 19, or 20 weeks?
    I don't know how much difference there is, but in my personal experience the photos I got from my second who's was done at 21 weeks where the best, that is if your worried about pictures haha. The other two where done at 19 weeks and wheren't bad, but since I am team green (have been all three previous times) I don't mind waiting till "later" for mine. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• LivLew said:
    I can't wait for A/S! At the same time I want to get it done at the optimal time. Is there any difference of doing it at 18, 19, or 20 weeks?
    My dr said anytime between 18-20 weeks. So I had it done at 18 weeks exactly. They were able to get all the measurements. I get ultrasounds every two weeks so if not, they could have just checked an organ next time. Either way if they can't measure everything, they just have you come back. 
  • @LivLew I just had my a/s done last Friday at 19+2. The ultrasound tech got all of the measurements she needed easily and was able to easily determine the sex. I know this should probably go on the ultrasound thread but if your wondering about pictures we did get all good 3d of him...
  • @homemakermama thank you for your input! I'm also team green so not worried about finding out the sex. All my anxiety is for the results regarding the baby's health. I have a prenatal appointment on Wednesday so I'll ask then. I'll be on vacatiion the week I turn 20wks so my A/S Will have to be before or after. I just feel like the A/S is a huge milestone. 
  • @LivLew I had an appt with my doc Friday and we discussed the AS.  She told me that we could do it at 20 weeks, or since we already know the sex and just had an US at 16 weeks, we could wait to 22 weeks.  She said she prefers 22 weeks because things are more developed and it's better to see the heart.  I think every doctor has their own opinion on it...

@mrsw2017 such a good picture of him!! Are all AS in 3D?!

Some days my bump looks like a bump and feels hard, and other days it feels squishy and I just look really fat.  Can I just look obviously pregnant here?!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NatSprat0703 thanks! I think so too! I'm not sure about other offices but my OB office does one 3d image with every ultrasound they do, so I've gotten three 3d images of our little guy so far. 

Also totally agree on the looking fat thing. I went to a cousins baby shower yesterday, three obviously pregnant women with pretty bumps and then me..looking like I ate too much pasta for lunch. 
  • Our genetic test results were invalid, so we still don't know the sex. Now my husband is asking if we can be Team Green. WTH?! I wanna know! We have 2 boys & a girl, so we are thrilled either way. 

Totally random: My mom is taking me to lunch today at an Indian restaurant, and I want ALL THE INDIAN FOOD! It's a good thing they have a buffet  :D
  • @NatSprat0703 @mrsw2017 - Agreed - I swear I had a better bump last week for some reason. Today it's not a "bump" like, back to more blumpy. haha
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @LivLew Have you called the place you will be going.  I assumed the 18-22 week time frame, but when I called to schedule my appointment they wanted me there at 18 or 19 weeks.  I am AMA so I am going to a specialized place so that could be why, but I would call and see what the office says. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivLew I was told 18-20 weeks and the last OB appointment I had, they made the AS appointment.  Im going in at 19+3 because the 18+3 date didnt work for DH, and I want him there! My appointment is FRIDAY, and this week is for sure going to be the slowest moving week ever! We are finding out the sex, and between the anxiety of not knowing whats going on in there, and if everything is good, Im pumped to see baby again, and know the sex! talk about crazy emotions all week! 

totally random, but why are all the maternity Pjs so ugly.  I get cold easily, so I dont like the shorts/tanks, or thin pants, and the few places that have stuff its awful.  Ive been wearing two pairs that I have that still fit, but one is already starting to not work.  I just want cute fuzzy pants, that will fit over my belly, or at least not fall down.  Is that really too much to ask for!  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Speaking of a/s, do you find out results right away? Not asking about the sex (we already know), but about baby's organs and measurements. I'm feeling oddly nervous about our scan, and I know at the practice we're getting our scan done at there aren't OBs in the room. Just us and the tech. So when do we find out results?
  • edited March 2017
    @mrsmatt1212 it depends on when you see your ob after. The tech told me things looked good but they can't really say more. I see my dr Thursday so two weeks after mine I will get the results. 
    Also you can see yourself if the baby is measuring on track date wise because the u/s calculations are right there. 
  • secicc12 said:
    Random rant... a co-worker of mine has now commented for the SECOND time.. "You barely look pregnant!". I think she means this as a compliment, but it seriously bothers me. I may not be popping out of my shirt, but I'm 100% pregnant so stop with the comments on my body. It almost feels like she thinks I'm lying? Ugh..people.
    This kinda gets to me too. I've heard it a lot at work and I hate it. 
  • LivLew said:

****Stuck in box***

I am having mine in week 19.   It's scheduled the same day as my regular monthly appt.  My ob didn't want to wait until 20 weeks because then we'd have to wait almost a month to get results.  18 weeks was never offered as an option for us.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can still cook my corned beef for St. Patrick's day using a beer right?  I'm fairly certain the alcohol cooks out, but Google has given me some mixed, "I wouldn't do that" answers.

@NatSprat0703

Feeling you in the looking fat thing.  The only days I look cute & pregnant are days I don't leave the house.  The second I have to go anywhere it looks like I overate at a buffet for two weeks.  I have a meeting tonight and am wearing a chunky sweater so know I will look blumpy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrsmatt1212 it depends on when you see your ob after. The tech told me things looked good but they can't really say more. I see my dr Thursday so two weeks after mine I will get the results. 
    Also you can see yourself if the baby is measuring on track date wise because the u/s calculations are right there. 
    Wow! I can't imagine waiting that long. I hope you handle things better than me, I would be a nervous wreck. Kudos to you. Since they do all ultrasounds in the ob office, they schedule the ultrasound right before our appointment. So I had an appointment with my OB at 3:00 and had my scan right before it at 2:30. I didn't realize how good I had it to get feedback so soon!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @Lauradi1010 - DH and I asked my OB about alcohol while cooking (we use wine in risotto, chicken picatta, etc). She was basically like "ehhhh...it doesn't all cook out." Pretty much said every once in a while if we feel like we have to, it's okay, but basically, don't do it. So I stopped putting that in when I cook but I did have a bit of a dessert with a strawberry reduction sauce made with rosé at a winery event we went to because strawberries are my favorite and I've cut out the reduced wine in sauces from everything else. I confirmed it was cooked/reduced before eating it.

I'm with all of you ladies on the bump. I've found if I wear something maternity, it looks really cute, but trying to wear my regular clothes that are a little loose just looks frumpy, not cute. I've found that very few of the maternity clothes I ordered online fit yet, too. The ones that do are in a constant rotation when I leave the house.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I'll be waiting to get my A/S results as well - It's on the 20th and I dont have an appt until April 10th. I called on Friday though just to ask if they call with anything because it jsut seemed like a while if something's wrong - they said no news is good news for the scan - they'll call if they see something seriously wrong on the scan as soon as they get it. I'm really hoping I get at least an "all looks good" from the tech!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• kvh22 said:

I'm with all of you ladies on the bump. I've found if I wear something maternity, it looks really cute, but trying to wear my regular clothes that are a little loose just looks frumpy, not cute. I've found that very few of the maternity clothes I ordered online fit yet, too. The ones that do are in a constant rotation when I leave the house.
    Luckily I wore a lot of flowy tops in my normal wardrobe so I'm still alright there. I have two pairs of (stretchy/loose) jeans that still button, and most of my other pants stay up with a Bella band. I'm irritated because I'm absolutely growing out of these pants and the BB doesn't work perfectly but the 3 maternity pants I bought are all too loose! I need a bigger bump or else the pants sag near the crotch. 
    I'm just going to keep wearing my flowy tops with the BB and a belt and hope my pants stay up. 

The clingy maternity shirts look cute right now; some fit and some are loose. None of the tunics work yet- they all look like tents. It's taken my by surprise that there's this in-between stage with clothes. It's not like I want to spend more money on a variety of sizes of pants just to wear for a month or two each. Grr. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm wearing glorified yoga pants to work. They have pockets and pleats, so I'm calling that good. I just need a break from leggings until maternity pants start to fit. And if it would stop being cold and rainy, maybe I could wear some dresses and not be freezing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I briefly looked through previous threads and didn't see anything directly addressing depression and anxiety. 

I had had to come off of my antidepressant while I'm pregnant and the struggle is real. Any other Mamas out there dealing with medicine withdrawals and depression and anxiety? How are you coping? I just find that some days are harder than others.
  • @mrsw2017 that could have been my case if I waited til my 20 wk appt lol but I couldn't. And it was too soon at my 16 wk appt. So I just made it in between appts. I am 100% confident everything is fine with my baby based on what I saw and how the tech reacted. 
  • And I agree. It's just as rude calling a pregnant woman small as it is calling them huge. 
  • @dallasmommy yes! I was able to go off meds 3 months before conceiving DS, but went back on 2 weeks post partum. A few months later had to increase the dosage. Then a few months before he turned 1, I started getting really bad migraines that resulted in seizures. I wound up on zoloft since I knew once I was healthy, we'd be TTC again.  My obstetrician wants me off by the 3rd trimester so I talked to my psychiatrist NP last week and 2 weeks before 3rd trimester I'm going to start a half dose so by then I can be off. I'm kinda nervous about being off meds and having a toddler and being hugely pregnant. 
  • @Lauradi1010 I probably wouldn't do it regularly, but that corned beef is a once a year meal, right? I'd pour the beer in. 

I'm also planning on celebrating while pregnant with a glass of wine (birthday, babymoon, perhaps my engagement?), so I'm clearly in the "everything in moderation" camp. 
  • @dallasmommy @SouthernMama15 sooo I'm still on Zoloft (100mg) per psychiatrist and OB recommendation. Interesting that yours would take you off? The last thing I want to be doing now is detoxing from meds, and I feel like this will set me up for better success in postpartum. My psychiatrist knew when we started TTC and said she was very supportive of me staying on zoloft since it's been heavily studied and is considered safe in pregnancy (obvs that's a strong word for anything, but I trust that it's better for me to be on it than off). Since we are planning a home birth, we have to have a 20 week consult with an OB to "okay" the home birth since I'm medicated for a mental health disorder. Honestly, I'd be more concerned if I wasn't! 
  • @mrsmatt1212 the only reason she's advising I go off is that she said that sometimes the babies are born with it in their systems and will be super fussy for a couple weeks after being born. She said if I can't do without it, I can take it, but I'm going to try without. 
  • @DeansGirl14 I found that folding over the Bella Band (the opposite way they suggest) while inside out and having the flat side go on the pants first with the silicone side on top, sitting on where my zipper stopped closing has worked for me- no saggy crotch. It is annoying to re-position when I'm done peeing, but it's a good hold over until prenancy panel pants fit!
  • I keep thinking of things to ask the STMs when I'm nowhere near a computer and don't have time to use my phone app.
    Then I get to my computer and don't remember what I was going to ask. 

Sigh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any STMs, how early did you take your baby to a pool? I saw a really cute swim outfit for a boy, but am debating on what size to get?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure if anyone can answer this question but PGAL brain is freaking me out and I will call my doctor if I need to and kind of TMI so I'm sorry but how can I tell the difference between discharge and possible amniotic fluid leak? I feel dumb because I know discharge is supposed to increase now and I have NOT felt a gush of any kind but I feel like my underwear has been wetter than in the past few weeks. 
  • imwithbabyimwithbaby member
    edited March 2017
    @cmmiller531 I would always suggest calling your doctor if you're concerned. It's likely that it's just the increase in discharge that almost all of us are experiencing now. My weekly TB update even talked about how we should expect that due to increased blood flow. How far along are you? I have to wear a panty liner every day just to stay dry-ish feeling! 

ETA I don't think it's your amniotic fluid, but wanted to clarify that, when it does come time for your water to break, many women don't experience a "gush" like you describe so just FYI when it comes time for that to not worry if it's not a waterfall :)
  • @mrsmatt1212 haha thanks! I'm feeling positive it's not fluid I'm 18 weeks and my update specifically said more discharge. I think maybe it's just watery. I don't really feel anything. Hard to keep my brain from thinking bad things and figured I might see if anyone had experience. I'll keep an eye on it and call today if I really get freaked out. 
  • @cmmiller531 totally get it! Mine changes during the day. It's really watery in the morning. Keeping an eye is a good plan, keep us updated!
  • HappyToBeHereHappyToBeHere member
    edited March 2017
    @kathryn0903 - DD was 4 months old before she hit the pool :). I found a 0-6 month tankini-type swimsuit that actually fit her up to a year (the top just got short).

@cmmiller531 - Definitely keep an eye on it and get swabbed/tested for amniotic fluid at your next appt if you're still concerned. Keep in mind that it could also be some urine leakage :(, and increased discharge is absolutely normal around this time!

ETA that I did experience a slow amniotic fluid leakage in pregnancy, but that was way later and it did not negatively affect DD's birth.
  • @Kathryn0903, my son was born in May and our pediatrician recommended that he not go in a pool until Labor Day Weekend, as babies can't regulate their body temps, so going into a chilly-ish pool isn't safe for them.  Not sure where you're located, but I'm not planning to get babe into a pool until next summer, sadly.

Pregnancy Ticker

• LSP87LSP87 member
    edited March 2017
    @Kathryn0903 My son was born in October 2013. He was in the baby pool around March at daycare. I do remember buying him bigger sizes because those shirts looked so tight. He wasn't an abnormally large baby but the larger outfit fit him nicely. I think it was either 9 or 12 month.

edited to include size and clarify year