September 2017 Moms

Weekly Ticker Change - 3/13

This thread is for updating everyone on the day you change to a new week. For example, If your ticker changes on Tuesday, you can answer the bold questions on Tuesday. (If you forget, just post of whatever day you remember.) Everyone will feel free to comment and make conversation with those not in your daily ticker change!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change - 3/13

• How far along are you? 

My ticker changed to 12 weeks yesterday!

How big is baby? 

Still in that lemon/lime region.

NT scan and blood work for genetic tests on Wednesday.

Having bursts of being super hungry after not having much of an appetite for weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

I really wish my boss wasn't on Facebook, we want to announce sometime next week, which means I have to talk to my boss before that so he doesn't see the post and get pissed. My two direct superiors already know, because they're the ones who have to deal with me leaving for doctor's appointments and such. But our big boss is kind of a dick, and a sexist one at that. So it's not a conversation I'm looking forward to.

Facebook.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @missykhamvongsa I think it may still be risky but you can announce on facebook and edit the settings so that your boss wont see it. You can select specific individuals that wont see the post. But you would still run the risk of other people posting separately on your page to say congrats and your boss would see that. If you really wanted to you could also limit him to not be able to see your posts/thread for awhile. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How far along are you?  15 weeks as of yesterday!

How big is baby? Box of crayons or an avocado

Upcoming appointments this week?  Nope

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  As nausea goes away, the gagging is getting far worse.  Still no cravings.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I took a unisom last night to get some sleep (I've always had a hard time adjusting to daylight savings changes).  I slept really well but waking up this morning was the hardest thing in the world.  I'm still drowsy sitting at my desk at work.

I'm only on FB and IG.  I'm definitely on FB more often.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • How far along are you? 
    15 weeks today. 
    How big is baby? 
    A navel orange.  
    One today for extra bloodwork and another yeast infection. 16 week appointment is on Monday and I really hope they let us see the baby, I need it. 
    Trying to eat better when all I want to eat is biscuits and bagels. Having a hard time sleeping at night, yet still exhausted all the time. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Question: A friend started talking to me about the importance of reading books and singing songs/talking to the baby starting around now because they can hear you. Is anyone else planning to do this? I have mostly been focused on reducing stress as I know it can start to really effect the babies moods but I hadn't thought about what things I want to do while babe is snug that I might want to continue once they are here in the world. 
    I like Instagram better, but Facebook more for articles/new/blogs I follow so it updates me. Trying to spend less time there. Not working! 
  • *snip*
    Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Just lots of pelvic and lower back pain. Nausea comes and goes, and when it's gone I'm just constantly hungry, even though my food aversions are stills strong and almost nothing sounds good. And I have to gain weight this month, or they're going to check my thyroid, and send me to a nutritionist. 
    Did your doctor tell you this? I'm just curious because I haven't gained any weight (maybe lost a pound or two), but my doctor hasn't commented yet on my weight.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited March 2017
    @mrsmgsee Yes, that came straight from my doctor. I've lost 20 pounds in the last seven weeks, so he said he's not too concerned yet since the baby is very healthy, but will be if I lose more or don't gain any in the next month. He'd ideally like to see me gain 4-6 pounds by my next appointment in early April. 

• @thinkpositive2017 same here with the storm. We are in Middletown/Red Bank area. Where are you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 We're in Monmouth County too! Ocean Grove.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thinkpositive2017 awesome!!! We just moved here in June. We LOVE it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 13 weeks 

How big is baby? Lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? I had one yesterday everything went great 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? No new symptoms but I'm craving chessey potato soup 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  My teeth hurt so bad. Not just one tooth but all of them. It's so frustrating. 

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app? Facebook 
  • @cmar1006 We love it, too! We both grew up here so we have a lot of family in the area. Can't wait to raise a little beach baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kelseyrayay why do your teeth hurt? Is this some pregnancy thing I don't know about? Hope they feel better soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to my dentist about it yesterday and he said the increased blood flow and hormones can cause your gums and teeth to hurt. I didn't have any cavities. Thank goodness. But he did say I need to floss more... pshh who doesn't lol 
  • @kelseyrayay don't they always say that? Lol and good to know about the pain.  I need to make a dentist appt soon too. I'm due for a check up and I've been lazy to make an appt. I'll do it today though. Thanks for reminding me! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babyschopf I know right? My gums started bleeding and he was like it's because you aren't flossing enough. No it's because you are poking at me with a pointy stick thing! 
  • mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 16 weeks 

How big is baby? Avocado/dill pickle 

Upcoming appointments this week? basic appt Tuesday. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  feeling more flutters! Also feeling much heavier and I get worn out waking up and down the stairs. I'm taking this as a sign to exercise more!  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant: my mom is starting to annoy me. She keeps getting on us about making a Facebook announcement, so she can share it. But she's also telling me I need to tell all family so they don't get their feelings hurt by finding out on social media. I have about 30 cousins, I see most of them once a year, and talk to most of them only on Facebook, so I guess I'll message them before the post... but I think my mom's overthinking it because she wants to tell everyone. 
    Rave: I've had 2 dreams now that we have a baby boy, named Ben. That name's not on our list, so it's kind of random. We are team green and DH wants a girl, so I keep telling him about these dreams to make sure he's aware that there's a 50/50 chance it won't be. This is our first, so we'll be thrilled either way :) 

ETA: bump ate part of my post 

I spend most of my time on Facebook, Pinterest, and the bump. I'm more of a lurker on Insta, since I don't take a lot of pics. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you? 
    13 weeks as of 3/14

How big is baby? 
    Lemon

I had one Tuesday. Found baby's heartbeat with the Doppler right away and got pelvic rest removed, WOOHOO! 

I feel like my boobs are growing at warp speed compared to last time and as bad as they hurt I seriously could live without them right now! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    DD has a touch of a virus and I'm praying she doesn't pass it on to me, cleaning up vomit at 12:30 in the morning and little sleep does not go over well!

Facebook is pretty much all I use 

• How far along are you? 14 weeks! Helloooo second tri

How big is baby? a troll doll

Upcoming appointments this week? checkup on Tuesday

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? getting over a cold so hard to figure out what's from pregnancy and what's just me feeling like crap. I'm totally showing though which happened fast. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I want to tell DS but my husband wants to wait. He will be 3 in May and I think he would get it. Lots of his daycare friends have baby siblings.

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app? I'm a Facebooker. I have Instagram and just got Snapchat but I don't really know how to use it. Apparently I'm old and can't figure out the apps the young ones are using! Haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MrsVP614 I've got a lot of cousins and aunts and uncles and stuff too, but most of them haven't even met DS who is 14 months old, so I really don't give a shit if they get their little feelings hurt finding out we're pregnant over Facebook lol! Most of them only care about themselves. They're not interested in my life. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all though! I'm sorry your mom is bugging you about it. You shouldn't have to do anything you don't want to when it comes to announcing your pregnancy. My mom doesn't bug me about stuff anymore thank goodness. 
  • @wyomama0427 Yeah, I should have brought up the fact that much of our family, myself included, found out about my uncle's death on Facebook! So I'm not too worried that feelings will be hurt. But to be civil, I just messaged a bunch of them on Facebook, telling them that I wanted them to know before we make the announcement. That way mom will leave me alone about it. She's been pretty good for the most part and I try to keep in mind that she's just excited with it being the first grandchild. I just happen to think announcing on Facebook isn't my top priority. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • How far along are you?  15 weeks! 

How big is baby? a box of crayons :)

Upcoming appointments this week?  nope.. I went Monday, and everything was good.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  Nothing really new but my gag reflex is getting worse... it's so bad! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  It was 21 degrees this morning.... :neutral: last week it was in the 70s. 

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app? Instagram and Pinterest... I have Facebook, but it gets on my nerves. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks today! Officially second trimester! Yay!

How big is baby? Troll doll/Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? no appts until 3/30 and I dont get to see little baby again until 4/27 for the anatomy US. =/

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? MS is only in the evenings now which has been nice. Beats having it all day!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I haven't done anything to prepare for little baby yet. I should start on that baby registry. Any ideas on where to start?

I use instagram the most, fb I browse occasionally but it's pretty much just articles these days, and I only use snap to use silly filters with my bestie and DH.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Navel Orange

Upcoming appointments this week? No

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Not that I can think of. Still miserable. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? DS is constantly amazing us with his verbal skills. It's mind blowing and so fun to see. 

GTKY: What is your favorite social media app? Facebook. I spend more time than I'd like on it. 
  • awildroseawildrose member
    edited March 2017
    1. Friday! It's Friday!! 16+0

2. Avocado (my fav!)

3. I had an appointment on Wednesday. Doppler found a quick, strong heartbeat. My next appointment is the big scan with all the organ checks and measuring- I'll be halfway done!!! I feel like that is one of the biggest milestones in pregnancy and I'm so excited to have it scheduled! 

4. No new symptoms. I can feel things shifting and stretching... so that's fun. #3rdbabymamabody

5. I really like my OB. I was worried since I LOVED my last OB, but she moved. I feel like my new one and I are starting to get in the groove. At my last appointment she asked if I had any questions or concerns and I didn't. She gave a knowing nod and said, "Yeah, third time around. We're just killing time for right now and waiting the the big stuff, huh?" I laughed because that's EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now. 

5. I'm on FB the most because I admin a page over there, but Instagram is my favorite. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • How far along are you? 

12 weeks! Can't wait for 2nd Tri!!!!!

How big is baby? 

Plums

Had an appointment this past Wednesday due to some spotting. Everything looked good. I gained 1 whole pound, so that was exciting. Especially since I lost about 10 in my first trimester with DD.

I have my NT Scan on Tuesday and regular 12 week appointment with OB on Wednesday.

I've started feeling a lot of stretching and pressure on my uterus. I sneezed yesterday and though I was going to die. I couldn't move for at least five minutes because I was in such pain. Definitely feeling the RLP sooner with these two. 

Other than that I'm actually starting to feel a little better. I can still Marathon sleep if I were able to, but DD kinda keeps me from doing that. And nausea is really starting to settle down. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

I am so ready for warm weather. We are supposed to get more snow this weekend. Enough already. But at least I was able to convince DH we should start rearranging the rooms this weekend to prep for the nursery. So excited n

I really hate Facebook, but I use it most. It's such a waste of time. All I ever see is junk on there and I find myself just mindlessly scrolling through it. My favorite is Instagram, but not all my family is on so that's why I use FB more. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    15 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    A navel orange, a hass avocado, a box of crayons, an eclair, or a yellow canary.

No but I had one yesterday! 

After my appointment yesterday I learned that I've been getting pregnancy rash...(that's what my doctor called it) so that's fun :( my uterus is reeeeally sore too, she said that pregnancy after a c-section can be painful with the stretching and growing because of the scar tissue. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Not really! 

I like Facebook and instagram as well
  • How far along are you? 
    13 weeks.

How big is baby? 
    Jalapeño according to one app. I love jalapeños, but my tolerance for spice is going down now that I'm KU. 

No. Not until 16 weeks. I think the appointment is 4/10. 

No new cravings. Nausea reared its ugly head again this morning and I had trouble getting to sleep last night. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I just want to go home and go to sleep.It's hard to get through the workday.  

I'm old. The only social media app I have is Facebook. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @wyomama0427  Is the rash on certain parts of your body? Is it ichy? That sounds rather painful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    @mrsmarygs I get it in patches on my arms, both upper arm and forearm, and legs and chest, it shows up as a bunch of itchy red bumps and looks something like heat rash but it's not :( my doctor told me to get some Benedryl cream or cortisone. 
    Edited to add, it's SUPER itchy
  • @wyomama0427 That sounds miserable :(

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @wyomama0427 That sounds miserable :(
    It really is, I have some scabs from scratching too much. I had some on my legs last night and I was annoying DH with my constant scratching. I read an interesting statistic though, 70% of women who get it are carrying boys... 
  • @mrsmarygs I get it in patches on my arms, both upper arm and forearm, and legs and chest, it shows up as a bunch of itchy red bumps and looks something like heat rash but it's not :( my doctor told me to get some Benedryl cream or cortisone. 
    Edited to add, it's SUPER itchy
    Wait... what? I have what looks like a heat rash on my thighs, and I noticed it today on my lowers legs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 is it itchy? You could be having the same thing! I get it on my thighs and my lower legs too. Pretty much all over the legs arms chest and stuff.
  • @wyomama0427 I have what I was pretty sure was heat rash in my cleavage, it comes and goes every few days. How can you tell the difference?  

• @wyomama0427 SO itchy... driving me crazy. Guess I need cortisone cream regardless of what it is.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @amandarene112 I described what was happening to my doc, the same coming and going you're having, and she told me it's pregnancy rash. :( @HollyGolightly09 yes, the itch is unreal! She said benedryl cream can help too