March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: 3/13

We are all SOOOOOO close!! How's everyone doing?? Soon we'll all be on the other side! Jumping in again today because I need the motivation to keep going this week!

1: How far along are you/weeks or days left to go
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: What are you excited to introduce your LO to, fitness-wise, as they get older?

8: challenge chatter---> Anyone still dipping? 

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: 3/13

• 1: How far along are you/weeks or days left to go? 38 weeks tomorrow!!

? 4 yoga sessions, 1 day of cleaning/shoveling

3: How was last week? Got 4 yoga workouts in and one afternoon at the shelter that wiped me out for the next 2 days. Luckily I'm walking as close to normal as I can again although I still feel the pressure as if baby's head-butting me down under. Taking today as a "rest" day just doing normal activity of working and walking my dog.

? Friday night through last night I was in so much pain and could barely walk...have to remember to take things easier now and rest up.

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! The last few nights I've let myself just relax and spend time with my first "baby" who is increasingly fond of my bump lately haha...

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Rave: this past weekend was the last one I'm scheduled to work for the next three months!!!!!!! Rant: holy cankles! Can't wait for all this swelling to go away!

7: GTKY: What are you excited to introduce your LO to, fitness-wise, as they get older? DH is the biggest sports fan ever so I have no doubt our son is going to be introduced very early to everything from t-ball/little league to soccer to football to hockey to ???.... both playing and watching. The first sport he'll be introduced to will be basketball thanks to March madness (DH is thrilled that he'll be able to take off work longer during his favorite time of the year, he usually takes off a few days for it anyway) although obviously LO will not actually be watching with dad that's what DH is anticipating as their first male bonding experience haha

8: challenge chatter---> Anyone still dipping?? nope. haha I stopped. I might pick it back up some days this week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aww! @serenity13 love that picture of you and your fur-baby! SO cozy! 

1: How far along are you/weeks or days left to go
    ? 38 weeks tomorrow! 15 days to go! 

? To stay active. I'd like to get to crossfit 2x, but it will depend on the workouts. I don't have to drive into work this week so I really have no excuse to not fit in at least 4 "active" sessions, whatever shape those take. I have to remember when I feel sooo tired that I feel so much better after I get the blood flowing!

3: How was last week? I went to crossfit once, and did some at home workouts 2x. I have been liking going for some brisk walks but it's been so bitterly cold and windy here! 

? Baby dropped so I can breathe again a little better since I got some lungs back but still taking it slow.

! Oh, the rails have come off completely. I just eat what I want at this point. I make sure to get my healthy smoothie in, and make sure I get all my nutrients but if I want a cookie, dang it, I'm having a cookie. ;) 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Still feeling that waddle pressure/groin pain that many of us with inside babies are feeling. Hope it means things are getting close. I'm also feeling some cramping on and off and getting more and more contractions. 

7: GTKY: What are you excited to introduce your LO to, fitness-wise, as they get older? Excited for him to learn to swim early on - living near the water and the fact that we get out on the boat a lot, all of our friends kids took swimming lessons the moment they were old enough to get into classes at the YMCA - it's a safety thing but also just a way for him to learn to experience and love the water as much as DH and I do. Also hoping he will enjoy running and participate in some local races in the future with DH and I. I'd never push him to do anything he didn't want to do - but we will introduce him to things that seem to suit his personality. 

8: challenge chatter---> Anyone still dipping?? I stopped! It got intense really fast and with this added weight I just couldn't keep it up without being totally sore the next day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1: How far along are you/weeks or days left to go? 41w1d!!!

? Have a baby? Annnd keep active which has been no problem thankfully.

3: How was last week?

The weather was soo beautiful last week DS and I went to the park multiple times, we spent a combined 4.5 hours picking up sticks in the front and back yards. Made it some squat fun when we did it. :-D

? I've definitely been feeling pressure in between my legs. Super odd. I'm wondering if I'm like super dilated or something haha

!
    Got my hair AND nails done last Saturday which was nice. The 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Hooked up for my NST now. Had my US first, fluids are great which I was expecting and thankful for. Everyone's guess for her weight is all over the place. One midwife said under 7, one said at 7 and the US is measuring at 7.9. Excited to see who is right! (Hopefully soon? Haha)

7: GTKY: What are you excited to introduce your LO to, fitness-wise, as they get older? All things outdoors! Especially hiking. We love to take long weekends to go hiking, biking, kayaking etc. DH wants to buy a boat as a retirement gift (I told him he could buy anything he wanted.) He retires from the Army next year! So I just envision trips to the lake doing all of the above and maybe even some water skiing. :-D

8: challenge chatter---> Anyone still dipping? it actually dawned on me this am I haven't been the last couple days so I'll just say I'm doing themy when I remember  (and I'll do some make up ones this afternoon! 

@kjd291 thanks so much for clarifying how the pumping was used totally makes sense.

@triwellnessgirl thanks SO much for sharing! I did a comparison of your list to mine and I do have a handful that I will share with you when I get home :)
  • Hey fit mamas!! 
    1: Baby Natalie is a week and a half old. So approximately 4wks of rest left for me before I'll be getting active again.

7-GYKY: our family owns a dance school--so that's an activity the girls can choose to do if they want. I'd love to have them play soccer like I did/do. Maybe even coach a few of their rec teams! And definitely would love little running buddies if they want to join in some fun 5k races!
    Mostly just looking forward to being an active family like going to the track or walking path in the evenings, playing pass in the yard, hiking, kayaking, etc. 
  • @vino831I hope you meet your weekly goal of having a baby!! So jealous of the warm weather you've been having! We are supposed to get a major nor'easter tomorrow! My goal is NOT to have a baby until after it passes, haha! Also - awesome that your DH is retiring next year! My cousin is in the navy and plans to retire as soon as he is eligible, which is so amazing to still be young and enjoy retirement - for all the hard work it is well deserved! A boat sounds like a perfect retirement investment. 

@kjd291 so exciting that you are counting down to getting active again! I've been following the post-partum thread, it's super helpful to read all of the symptoms post baby to get an idea of what to expect. Hope you are feeling better and the vertigo will go away for you! 
  • 9 days Post-partum & still have quite a bit of healing to do but I can't wait to get some exercise in.  Makes a blizzard coming with +18" of snow not so bad.  Going to enjoy snuggle time.

I think I'm going to start back with walking, maybe once the snow melts...any STMs have a good routine?  Light yoga & walking to get me to the 6weeks pp check was my thought, starting at about 2 weeks PP.
  • Hey ladies, going to skip the check in this week, because I got a super workout in yesterday pushing out a baby!!! Will update soon after we've rested a bit. But hope you all are doing well this week!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulie said:
    Hey ladies, going to skip the check in this week, because I got a super workout in yesterday pushing out a baby!!! Will update soon after we've rested a bit. But hope you all are doing well this week!!
    HOOOOOORAY!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you. Praise God!!!!
  • ahhh @npaulie!!!!!!! SOOOO excited for you!!!! Can't wait to hear about your delivery & see a photo!! <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie yaaaayyyy!!!!! Congratulations!! How exciting!! Cannot wait to hear about it!! Hope you are feeling ok!!!  <3
  • npaulie said:
    Hey ladies, going to skip the check in this week, because I got a super workout in yesterday pushing out a baby!!! Will update soon after we've rested a bit. But hope you all are doing well this week!!
    EEEEEE!!!!! Cannot wait <3 congrats mama!!
  • npaulie  HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!! Hope you and baby are resting and recovering well!! <3
  • It's a day to rejoice!!! Our perfect Evie has arrived!!! Can't wait to share her amazing birth story with you all!!!!!

• AHHH!! Babies everywhere! @triwellnessgirl congratulations mama!!! You did it! And - you look absolutely gorgeous, you do NOT look like you just gave birth! I hope this means your labor was easy and a positive experience for you! Evangelina is soooo adorable and I love her name --- can't wait to hear your story! Hope you are relaxing and enjoying baby snuggles!!!  <3
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited March 2017
    @triwellnessgirl oh my gosh!! She is so beautiful! Just like her mama <3 congratulations! And welcome to the world Evie!!  Rest up and enjoy - can't wait to hear your story! Hugs!!
  • Congratulations @triwellnessgirl!!!!!!! So happy for you, love the photos!! Hope you're doing well, can't wait to hear how everything went!! <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vino831vino831 member
    edited March 2017
    @triwellnessgirl Evangelina is Beautiful and you are glowing!!!! Congratulations can not wait to hear all about how little miss joined the family! Hope you both are doing well!! <3<3<3
  • So funny I've never paid much attention to my EDD (bc I fully believe it's a birth window) BUT I found out I've been wrong this whole time lol. It was 3/4 not 3/5. Making me 11 days past due today!  :o Wasn't this inducrion day for you @kjd291

Whew...
  • @vino831 how are you feeling? I hope you are doing ok 11 days past!! Sending you happy labor thoughts that it will begin soon.  :)

I am getting sooo antsy -- I have my 38 week appt tomorrow since I'm still 2 weeks from my EDD... but I really want to get this show on the road, especially seeing all your beautiful babies!! I cannot WAIT to hold my little guy! I have super vivid dreams every night about meeting him. 

My motivation for working out at this point is really to get baby moving. Going to try for a long walk today if this freezing cold wind dies down! Went to crossfit Monday and freaked some people out, haha. I felt fine but there was one new woman there who kept asking me if I was ok, and if I "really should be rowing". Yes, lady, I really should be, so get off my case! 
  • @vino831 yes! I made it to 11days past due date. Totally agree about birth window-not sure why providers insist on a DATE-just makes us anxious and sets expectations!  Hope you're hanging in there and able to stay positive! 
  • Thanks ladies! I'm doing well! Took DS to his 18mo appointment this am. Silver lining to her not being here yet since he got his shots! Then grabbed some lunch. So hoping to get home and get some snuggles with little man and relax.

I had a HUGE emotional break last night putting DS down. Oooh mom guilt... changing things for my sweet boy. I know he/we will be okay but no logic would enter my mind last night. 

Physically I'm doing well though. Excited to experience going through this again and anxious to see how it's different.

jenny0228 oh goodness people's "concerned comments" they think they are being considerate but really it comes off as  "are you sure you're not endangering yourself or your baby right now"
  • @jenny0228 My last few weeks at work I had people ask me if I should really be standing up! Like, my legs still work people!

1: How far along are you/weeks or days left to go? Baby M is 3 weeks old tomorrow!

? I want to start taking some long slow walks with baby in the ergo.

3: How was last week? Finally slowed down on PP bleeding. It's almost non-existent so I feel like I can be up and on my feet more. 

? I'm about to start doing preschool drop off for the big girls. This will involve lifting  two 30+lb kids plus a car seat.

! DH has really been working hard to give me time to rest!

6.. RANT: My weight loss totally stopped! Ugh! Granted I'm not doing anything but nursing, but I have just enough extra weight that my clothes don't fit. I want to wear something other than sweatpants and maternity pants!!

7: GTKY: What are you excited to introduce your LO to, fitness-wise, as they get older? I have 3 girls and I'm so excited to teach them that girls and women are strong. Also want them to learn about being a team player and about setting goals and reaching them. I'm also looking into Irish step dancing for my 4yo - I think it'll help her with coordination :-) and also will be adorable to watch!

• @triwellnessgirl omg she's gorgeous!! Congrats!!

just posted my birth story on the thread, but thought I'd add in here that thank god I kept on fitness. Was able to put some lunges and squats into play during contractions, it really helped with bringing down Cían as far as I could on my own. Even though I wasn't active the whole time during labour, definitely helped. 

Hope you guys are having an awesome week!! I'm spending my week cuddling and also recovering. Had stitches so I'm super sore. Midwife is coming by the apartment later today to do a check on us, and MIL gets here Friday, should be a good week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited March 2017
    @npaulie so glad that even though it wasn't what you initially envisioned for your labor that everything ended up well!! Your little boy is so adorable!! I'm so happy for you & hope the recovery process is quick & that you're not in too much pain! I'm glad the squats & lunges helped too! I'm wondering now if I'll have a similar struggle with my little guy probably having big broad shoulders like his dad too haha... hope your check up goes well today!

@vino831 I have a feeling you're next!! Glad you're continuing to do well & hope you got some snuggle time in with your son!

@jenny0228 I hate getting those type of comments & questions... I feel bad lying to my parents/coworkers/whoever when they ask me (Every Day) if I'm "taking it easy" but their idea of resting/taking things easy is much different from mine. I'm used to being on the go all the time so if I do an hour of activity a day that still feels like I'm taking it easy, but in their minds I should probably just be sitting around staring at a wall till baby comes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie loved hearing your story! I'm so impressed by all of you new mamas and so happy to hear you all had positive birth experiences! Awesome to hear you were able to use squats to bring him down. Cían is SOOOO adorable, and I love his Irish name! I hope you are recovering well despite the stitches. 

@triwellnessgirl loved reading more about your experience as well in the birth thread! Amazing that they told you only earlier that day that you were nowhere close! Just goes to show our minds can be as powerful as our bodies! Send some of that mind-over-matter this way, because I keep asking my little guy to get here fast and so far, he's not quite ready! ;)

@serenity13 I know what you mean. I told my mom I go to crossfit but that I don't lift anymore (not true) it's just easier since she doesn't understand that light lifting for me is really easy and I'm not putting myself or baby in danger. I really want to go to CF today, but I am having so much cramping, and my belly gets sooo tight whenever I move around a lot I might just do some squats and dips at home with some stretching. 
  • @jenny0228 I feel like my belly is so tight & hard more often than not anymore, it's such a weird feeling! I had some cramping last evening too - not fun, hope yours go away soon or maybe it's a sign your LO will be coming sooner rather than later!?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladies - out of curiosity, is anyone using a bellybandit post-partum who didn't have a c-section? Trying to decide if it's worth it!
  • @hippiemama I used these with my first and thought the results were amazing. I bought a larger size and then went to smaller size. I prob used for 2 months post partum. Tried to wear it all day and left it off for sleeping. 
  • Goodmorning12Goodmorning12 member
    edited March 2017
    I ordered a belly bandit off of zulily yesterday - eaiser to swallow 29 vs 49 for it.  May still be on there. No csection here.  We shall see.
  • @npaulie congratulations! Cían is adorable!! So glad you had a labor experience you feel positively about despite the different paths that came up you weren't expecting! Nice job mama!! And yay squats! Whoop whoop! Enjoy all those cuddles and take it super easy as you let your body recover from that labor workout ;) 

thinking of you still pregnant mamas <3 keep up the great work! I know it's so hard the last days and weeks, especially when you see everyone else having babes. It'll be your turn before you know it! Hugs!! 
  • @vino831 YAYYY I'm so happy for you!!!! Can't wait to hear how your home birth went!!!! Hope you & your baby girl are both doing well!!!❤
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vino831 Soooo happy for you!! She's here! Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing your story and seeing pictures of your littlle lady!  Hope you're recovering well! <3
  • CONGRATS @vino831 !!!! HOOOOOORAY!!! So excited for you!!!!!! And I absolutely second and third and fourth .... THANK GOD FOR SQUATS!!!!! I also used various squat positions to labor and push for my princess!! 
  • PS STMs..... I am having trouble getting my nipple to "work" in my left breast (meaning pop out.. I have flat nipples unless they get stimulated). Which meant I marathon fed her all night from my right!! So now I'm worried the right is completely empty, when though thats the only one she'll eat from. Any thoughts? I have an appt back at the hospital today for a check up too. 
  • @vino831 yayayay congratulations!!!! So glad to hear she made her arrival! 

@triwellnessgirl so cute!! Morning evie! You don't have to worry about one side getting empty-your body will just note that side is being used more and overcompensate and make more on that side. No advice for inverted though-I haven't had to deal with that. Definitely talk to an LC at the hospital if you haven't yet!
  • @vino831 congratulations!! So excited she's finally here!!

@triwellnessgirl I've heard nipple shields can help with flat or inverted nipples. Cían struggled to attach once my milk came in because they were so full that the nipples basically went flat. I've found the shields to be really helpful for that. But like @kjd291 said, I'd definitely check with a LC
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @triwellnessgirl Evie is soooo cute! I love her hair!! Ahhh!! 

Happy Friday!! Im in L&D right now on the NST- had a blood pressure spike and here I am! They are being very cautious- looks like its back to normal but they want to watch me and did some blood tests too. I guess I'm having contractions that I cannot feel but baby looks great. Not sure how long I'll be here but DH is chomping at the bit right now. He wants a St Patrick's day baby since his name is Patrick and he is Irish. He's at home cooking corned beef and a nice Irish boiled dinner, haha I told him I'll probably be back to eat it soon but he wants to come here! 
  • Maybe NST will lead to DELIVERY like it did for us!!!! I'll be praying for that!!!

I'm so glad all is well!!