Baby Names
Options

Emma Kate or Kate

My husband and I had the name Emma Kate chosen for our last child but we ending up having a boy. We still like the name Emma Kate and are thinking about using it again. However, I have started really liking the name Kate as a first name. If we do use Emma Kate we would do first name Emma middle name Kate but call her both. Siblings would be Claire Ann and Grant James. I was wondering which name you prefer, Emma Kate or Kate (middle name). We know Emma is VERY popular but think calling her Emma Kate would set her apart a little. We don't really mind the popularity as much as some others may. I should also add our last name begins with an E.

Re: Emma Kate or Kate

• Options
    Emma middle name Catherine/Katherine nn Emma Kate. 

Double names can be cumbersome for paperwork, and quite honestly Kate as a first or middle is quickly becoming a go to filler like Rose, Grace or Marie in the 80s/90s. 
  • Options

If we do choose to go with Emma Kate we plan to use Emma as the first name and Kate as middle and just call her by her first and middle names. Technically it wouldn't be a double first name on paper. Thank you for your reply.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emma Kate
  • Options
    Emma Kate
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Emma as the first name. Or what about Emily? Kate is too nicknamey for a first name but ok in the middle spot. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Love Emma kate. Wish I could use it but have an Emma in the family already. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    Emma Kate goes better with those siblings yoo
  • Options
    I like Emma Kate better.
  • Options
    I love Kate as a stand alone name. Emma is too popular for my taste but it's not a bad name. Both sound good with the siblings... 
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Kate 
  • Options
    either name on its own. Both are beautiful. Not a fan of calling someone a double name. 
  • Options
    I prefer Kate
  • Options
    Love both Emma Kate or Kate as a first name.