April 2017 Moms

Appointments 3.12

another week of appointments closer to our tiny humans. 

Re: Appointments 3.12

• Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88  I think we are due around the same time and I'm still on 3 week appointments

• @KirstinH88 I personally HATE paps but I think it's more because of the speculum than the actual swab or whatever they do in there. That metal thing just freaks me out. I had a similar reaction when they showed us the forceps in my childbirth class...I was like I REALLY hope those don't have to go anywhere near my lady parts  :#
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah my GBS was no big deal at all and took like a second. I'm with you @KirstinH88, paps have never bothered me. Once in awhile afterward I get a little crampy but the actual check is nbd.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KaraMG35 said:
    @chic_lit I'm 37 weeks and have been feeling the pelvic pressure since at least 35, sometimes I feel like I'm splitting apart (in a non painful way?).
    Appointment tomorrow at 37+1! This starts my weekly appointments. I get my GBS test and ultrasound to see how the baby is positioned. Really hoping it's not breech, but if it is I'm demanding my c section be scheduled for next week because of my company's goofy fiscal year. I need to have my FMLA and PTO used by June 1 or I lose it. A lot riding on tomorrow's appt. I'm also going to ask to be induced by April 5 if I reach my due date and no baby yet for the same reason.
    Full term is considered 39 wks now.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @kitkat8387 and @KirstinH88 I was pretty much a nervous wreck when it came to thinking about cervical checks and the GBS, really because I have never had them before and didn't know what to expect.  Paps have never bothered me.  I have never bled after or cramped.  When I went to the hospital they did a cervical check which was only a tad uncomfortable.  They did my GBS then as well, but I SWEAR the Dr. only swabbed my vagina. I'm pretty sure I would know if something went in the back door!  Is it possible to check without the anal part?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KaraMG35, yes it was 37 wks forever, but recently was updated to 39. 
    https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/what-is-full-term.aspx

Regardless, I'm glad your babe isn't Breech and you don't have to worry about it.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • edited March 2017
    37 weeks is considered "early term" from what my doctor said. No longer a premie, borderline full term, but not quite.