June 2017 Moms
Options

Friday ticker change - 3/10!

Hey Friday folks, gonna give this a try again!  For due dates June 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30!

Calling: @MrsW524 @HopefulNoob @sls @sarah.j.617 @NamelessAria @delujm0 @mishmosh26 @ellie111227 @Ahutch428 @ClaireCF @huskermom14 @awillis13 @EBReece @mrspedroza111

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen?

Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17

Re: Friday ticker change - 3/10!

• Options
    Thanks for the tag! I have been doing a terrible job keeping up with the June board but I want to do better! 

How far along are you? 25 weeks

How big is baby? Cauliflower, prairie dog

Upcoming appointments? I had an OB checkup on Tuesday, everything looked great! I have my glucose tolerance test in 3 weeks. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Been feeling very stretched lately, and a little bit swollen although it usually doesn't stick around too long. Have also been woken up a few times with leg cramps the last week or so.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not too much going on here! Looking forward to the weekend, my SIL and niece are coming to visit so that should be fun! Definitely checked out at work right now.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? Probably Michael Buble. His song Hold On was our wedding song and then we went to see him in concert a few months later and it was great! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My Fridays have been borderline terrible at work lately so I haven't had time to mess around on here and I feel like I miss this thread a lot.  Ugh.

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale?  Stupid.

Upcoming appointments? Nope not until 3/23 for the GD test

Any new symptoms or changes? Heartburn took a vacation for a while but is back.  I have the prescription Zantac in my house but am hoping to hold off on it until 28 weeks...we'll see if I make it.  I think I started it at 30 weeks with DD.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I haven't been to a lot of concerts really.  Bruce Springsteen or Garth Brooks I guess?  Though, not to brag, but I did see Paula Abdul in concert when I was about 8 so.....

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks 

How big is baby? Lettuce

Upcoming appointments?  I had one on Tuesday where I passed my glucose tolerance test. Next one is in 4 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? Acid reflux has been touch and go as have the cramps in my calves. An overall feeling of largeness and discomfort is setting in but nothing intolerable.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm really excited that I passed my glucose test. I had really worked it up in my head that I was going to fail. Work has gotten really busy and I have been planning what feels like an endless number of wedding events for my best friend. I've been so stressed/busy that I haven't been able to focus on much regarding the baby but at least time is flying by.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I'm not much of a concert person. I think the last one I went to was in the early 2000s and that was Dave Matthew Band. 

• Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Lettuce

Upcoming appointments? Nothing till the 22nd

Any new symptoms or changes? I've definitely started having more Braxton Hicks in the past week or two and they're often mildly painful. I'm also getting some swelling in my legs and feet so it's probably time to start considering an investment into some compression socks. Otherwise it's mostly more of the same.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting to get a little stressed out over how much stuff still needs to be done and how little motivation my husband seems to have to help me do any of it. We haven't even started on the nursery. We've gotten a couple of things like the crib, a pack n play and a carseat along with a couple of clothes and some cloth diapers. But we still need a few more clothes, more diapers, some other items like a swing probably and maybe a bassinet. And then all the little things like bottles, a baby bath tub, baby first aid, pacifiers and so on. Plus some larger things like a stroller. We haven't painted the nursery or anything. We haven't started classes. We haven't picked out a pediatrician. We don't have a name picked out. We don't know whether or not we're planning to circumcise baby. And the list just goes on. I feel very unprepared and it's making me uncomfortable that we only have 13 weeks left. Or less if baby decides to come early. And I mean I know 13 weeks is still a long time. But not when you consider how little has been done in the previous 27 weeks. 

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I've only actually ever been to 2 concerts. They were both when I was pretty young and I honestly don't even remember who the bands were. Just some local type thing I think? Neither were really great concert experiences and I've been more of a "listen to the music you love in the comfort of your own home" kind of person since.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I think I missed some people who I didn't see on the spreadsheet @kyreno11 @Stankonia2014 ?

@sarah.j.617 - happy for you passing the GTT.  @NamelessAria - I'm sorry to hear that the time crunch is joined by the challenge of your dh's motivation :/  As I looked at your list of to do's I was like yep (no pediatrician yet) yep (no painted nursery) yep (no name) and on and on.  It is a lot to do.  Sending you positive vibes.

How far along are you?
    27 weeks!

How big is baby? a head of lettuce or cauliflower

Upcoming appointments? I was filling out my response to this thread during my GTT appointment and got interrupted, hence the lag.  Had that and a regular prenatal this morning and now waiting for the results.  Was not a fan of the sugar drink, blech :s

Any new symptoms or changes? This isn't new, but the rib pain I've had x1 month was really strong this week and made for an uncomfortable/painful week :/ Hip pain also seems stronger, everything is so tender.  And the stomach stretching feeling is also more pronounced. Other than those things, ha! I feel pretty decent.

Rants/Raves/Questions? See above.  Relieved to have a less full weekend this weekend and some sunshine in the flood-ridden California region!  We take our birth class tomorrow too, which I'm curious about.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I got to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band about a year ago and that was pretty darn cool!  We're actually heading back to the same venue this weekend to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which I'm excited about, but also wondering how that will be for my preggo self.

Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options

How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? An eggplant

Upcoming appointments? I had one Monday. Everything looks good. I failed my one hour GTT and had to go do the 3 hour test today. I won't know my results until the middle of next week.  

Any new symptoms or changes? I had an increase in reflux and my stomach was emptying super slow so I threw up a couple times last week. I changed my diet to eat more for breakfast and lunch and less at supper and that seems to be better. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The craziness of that glucose tolerance test. I'm so afraid. I was really dreading the test and getting poked four times but I got through it. Now I'm dreading the results.  

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I love Luke Bryan and have been to several of his concerts. Tim McGraw was pretty great too.

@NamelessAria I'm right there with you. The nursery isn't started, no name, no pediatrician, daycare isn't solidified, barely any baby items, etc. 

@delujm0 I'm jealous of your Garth Brooks concert! Awesome! 

• Options

How far along are you? 

25 weeks 

How big is baby?

Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments?

GTT next week

Any new symptoms or changes? Some swelling in my feet, some more drastic weight gain, and some shortness of breath

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can pregnancy effect your vision? I went to renew my DL the other day and failed the vision test. I had to beg the lady to let me retake it, and finally passed on the 5th time. I'm not sure if I should make an appointment to have my eyes checked  now, or wait until after I deliver? 

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? Probably Eric Church and Kenny Chesney, although I saw Dolly Parton at a small venue last year and that was awesome! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LC LC member

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the Community part of this app. Here is my info. 

How far along are you? 28 weeks + 1 day

How big is baby? 2 lbs 3 oz on Wed 

Upcoming appointments? I have weekly ultrasound appointments on Wednesdays to check on my cervix length. I'm still considered high-risk although the doc might get me off of bed rest if the cervix continues to stabilize.

Any new symptoms or changes? There are moments when I have to breathe from my mouth now. There's a change in my stools so I am trying to eat more fermented food (sourdough bread, pickles, etc) 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been on bed rest for 5 weeks (including one hospital stay) and my husband was the only human I would come in contact with for a while. He had a busy week this week and I read through all my reading material, so the days felt longer and time passed more slowly. It made me wish we lived closer to friends and family. But I ordered new books on Amazon Prime and started reading them yesterday. I also set up video calls with my friends from out of state. It was so nice to see familiar faces! 

The concert that was the most fun for me had to be the One Dungeon Family music fest in Atlanta. What made it more fun was the family crew I was with. The Beyoncé concert I went to at met Life stadium was fun as well, but I was sober since I already knew I was pregnant. 

• Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? Lettuce

Upcoming appointments? Regular OB check-up & Rhogam on Wednesday.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just the usual.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I'm not much of a concert goer, but the best concert was Sugarland with Little Big Town and Jake Owen. Usher was horrible live. 

• Options
    @NamelessAria I feel the same way, especially with how fast it feels to be going now.

@kyreno11 fx you pass the 3 hour test!

• Options

How far along are you?

25 weeks 

How big is baby?

Head of cauliflower

Upcoming appointments?

I go for my one hour glucose and ultrasound to check on my placenta on the 20th. I'm not concerned about the placenta since I've had no symptoms of any sort of previa, so I'm just looking forward to getting an extra peek at the baby!

Any new symptoms or changes?

Nothing new here. Same ol' sciatic pain, vag pressure, general soreness and heartburn. Luckily Zantac is doing the trick for the heartburn so I'm thankful for that at least!

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Nothing here

Oh man, so tricky. Probably George Strait and Eric Church a few years ago for George's farewell tour. Eric did an acoustic show and I'm in love with George, so it was pretty much perfection for me. Garth Brooks comes in at a close second. 

• Options
    I'm so surprised I was tagged in this! I think I have remembered to participate like twice ever. I'm the worst.

@Ahutch428 I think o pregnancy can effect your vision. My eye doctor once told me it's best not to order bee contacts or glasses until a couple months after delivery because sometimes your eyes change a little during pregnancy. I'm not sure if it can be enough to make you fail the diving eye test or not though.

How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? I didn't pay attention....

Upcoming appointments? I have a regular ob appointment this week. No ultrasound or anything.

Any new symptoms or changes? My heartburn weirdly went away Thursday as soon as I bought Tums. I haven't taken any, I just went and bought them, and now my nightly heartburn is magically gone. We'll see how long that lasts.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant and rave is that the local liquor store in my town is going out of business, so everything is on sale. My husband went yesterday and bought a whole bunch of stuff, which I am excited to have but sad I won't be drinking for a few months. He'd better not drink it without me.

(Borrowed from Monday) GTKY: What is the best concert you've seen? I'm not a big concert person. I am really sensitive to loud noises, so i tend time get really stressed at them. I did go to some kind of indie bands in college, but I can't even remember the names of most of them now. I remember going to the Temper Trap, because I didn't know they were popular at all but then one of their songs was in a Pepsi commercial later lol.

• Options
    @ellie111227 thanks! I am due to have my eyes checked anyways but I think I will just start wearing my glasses when I drive and get them checked after I deliver. 

Pregnancy Ticker