1st Trimester

spotting, but yet ob says fine

kaywoo-2kaywoo-2 member
edited March 2017 in 1st Trimester
so scared. nervous trying to do the right thing first time pregnancy.  I've had problems with spotting.  got ultrasound baby was fine. Obgyn also said no sex. husband not happy obviously, but I still concerned can stress make it worse or occur.big question  is when can I feel all right. when will sex happen without me being scared.  almost done with 1st trimester. just nervous

Answers

• I will say that sex at any point in your pregnancy can cause spotting, so try not to freak out over that! I know I felt more relief once I was able to feel baby moving, it was like a constant reminder that baby was doing alright. But, my worries never fully went away. LO is now one and I still worry about things. Spotting can be totally normal during pregnancy, as long as it's light spotting I'd try to relax as much as you can, because as you said stress can make it worse! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I had spotting with my second pregnancy from 11-17 weeks off and on with brown to bright red blood. There never was a cause for it either. I now have a healthy 3.5 year old girl. It was unnerving to see the blood, but I would use my Doppler every couple of days until it stopped.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Some people say it causes more anxiety than good using a doppler but after a miscarriage and an ectopic I was gifted one and once I figured out how to use it I would use it whenever I felt nervous. As pp mentioned though, I had anxiety until DS was born and now I have anxieties for different things, all part of the gig I guess. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • kaywoo said:
    so scared. nervous trying to do the right thing first time pregnancy.  I've had problems with spotting.  got ultrasound baby was fine. Obgyn also said no sex. husband not happy obviously, but I still concerned can stress make it worse or occur.big question  is when can I feel all right. when will sex happen without me being scared.  almost done with 1st trimester. just nervous
    @kaywoo

I had spotting both red and brownish red and one time I even had blood (more than spotting) when I wiped. Went to my OB and everything turned out to be fine :) Relax and trust your OB. Sex for DH and I picked up more in the past couple weeks and I am 21 weeks (as of tomorrow)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm 7 weeks and Iv been ranging from brown spotting and pink discharge to red blood and clots. I'm in for another scan in 5 days, and unfortunately there's nothing I can do to stop it if it's a miscarriage. I have a healthy little girl, yet my last pregnancy I had a late 2nd trimester miscarriage with no warning signs unfortunately. 
    I think the thing we need to do even though it is so so hard is to remember that there's nothing we are doing wrong, what will be will and we can't stop it if something goes wrong. We need to look after ourselves first and foremost because healthy mummy is a healthy baby.
    im worried sick though and trying to remain calm. Good luck everyone I hope its positive results for us all
  • I am 10 weeks as of yesterday and I've been spotting the same thing the brownish as well as pink at times and red 2times but it just seems to  very from day to day. But I'm a nervous wreck myself it's so hard because my first pregnancy I had miscarried at the beginning of my 2nd trimester and then 7 years later had my daughter who is now 3 n a half. Now im carring my 3rd pregnancy and I'm having all of these crazy things go on with the sporting. I'm just trying to stay positive and hope for the best because they say usually if we miscarriages it's because there was probably a problem with the fetus. Our body's know so much more about the baby than we do, so just trust that your body will do the right thing for you and your little one in there. Im hopeful that everything will be just fine! 
  • This is my first pregnancy and i had sex for the first time yesterday and I'm spotting off and on. I'm terrified but everyone is telling me it'll be ok. I just turned 6 wks. 
  • @tat2scorpio -you are probably fine!  but my dr. said no sex until week 12!  it's also a fertility dr. so they are probably more cautious.

Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• This is my first pregnancy and i had sex for the first time yesterday and I'm spotting off and on. I'm terrified but everyone is telling me it'll be ok. I just turned 6 wks. 
    That's common because of all the changes going on and your vagina is more sensitive. Nothing to worry about. :)
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I spotted from 5-8 weeks. It turned out that I had a subchronic bleed. It got smaller each week and then after 8 weeks I stopped spotting completely but no sex and no exercise until it's totally gone. It has shrunk down to almost nothing but I can't do either until it's gone. Did they see a bleed on the sono? It's very scary to see spotting or blood so I totally understand how you feel. Hang in there and it will stop